Having problems with Aldo?

1800 326 2536 (Canada)
1888 818 2536 (United States)
808 101 5659 (United Kingdom)
1 800 903 606 (Ireland)
+32 80 075 544 (Belgium)
+45 32 624 430 (Denmark)
+352 80 022 251 (Luxembourg)
+31 800 022 7680 (Netherlands)
+40 371 524 291 (Romania)
+82 25 513 333 (South Korea)
2300 Émile-Bélanger
Montreal, California
Canada - H4R3J4

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Aldo.

Complaints & Reviews

Aldorefuse to refund shoes with ripped tongue

Hi,

I have bought a pair of shoes from Aldo store (address: 550 Terminal Ave b14, Ottawa, ON ).
I wore it just twice​.​ ​Suddenly I noticed that ​one tongue has been detached.
From the pictures​ attached, you can see that they are still ​in ​new ​conditions.

I took the shoes to the same store​, and the sales person refused to take the shoes and refund my money.
I asked to talk to her manager, and she said that she was the acting manager.
She told me to call the customer service, and she refused to do it herself.
I called them and they told me to send an email to the company with the pictures, and that they cannot assist on the line!
I took time to take a lot of pictures and send them an email.
4 days have passed and I have got no response. My wife also sends them an email from her own account, but they did not reply either.
So I have tried to go to store, to call, and to send an email. I have received no response.

Aldo has sold me a piece of crap and now they don't take any responsibility for that.
Customers should not be treated this way. It should be very easy to return a crappy product and get the money back.
If I don't bring the shoes to the same store from which I have bought, what else can I do?

I would request a full refund on my credit card ($62.12).

I would never recommend Aldo to anybody.
Beware, even if it is on 70% sales, don't buy from them! It's not worth the time and money.

B​est, ​​

refuse to refund shoes with ripped tongue

Aldo Shoesthey are horrible!

I have purchased many times from Aldo and never had any trouble with them. Unfortunately Aldo changed a lot and they are not so good as they used to be. Customer service is highly unprofessional and useless, they can't help me with my issue. I bought a pair of shoes and received the wrong size, so I contacted them in order to get a replacement, but their rep claimed they that they don't accept returns!
    As I said before this wasn't my first time with Aldo and I know that they do accept return. But for some reason that person tried to assure me to keep the shoes. What happened to Aldo? They are horrible!
    It was 100% their fault and they don't want to do anything to help me. I will not use them again!

Aldo Shoesmy order was not in stock and they cancelled it

I have purchased a pair of shoes from Aldo and received a payment confirmation message. They did not give me a tracking number and after 4 days of waiting I decided to ask Aldo if everything was fine with my order. Their rep said that my order was not available and they cancelled it. I asked for some explanation, because there was no information about that on their website. They said they were sorry for all the difficulties they caused me and offered a discount on my next order. I refused because I will not buy from them again, I hate wasting my time.
      Now I'm waiting for a refund but it takes longer than I expected.

Aldothe worst customer service ever

On Nov.26, I found a cute but defective clutch at Aldo store in Great mall Milpitas California and the clerk said I could order and receive it on my address. At first, I told i would buy online but he said it's free shipping if I buy at the store. So I paid with my credit card and got the receipt with the order confirmation email soon after the purchase. For two weeks, I waited for the product to arrive until I found the email delivered on November 29 saying it's out of stock and I have to go to the store with the receipt and present this email to get a refund.

Right after that, I emailed Aldo customer service to ask why I have to waste my time when it's not my fault and get me a refund without a visit. For 3days there was no answer so I went to the store today (Dec.8) around 12:40pm.
        There was a woman on the counter and I tried to explain the brief story. But she just cut my words saying she cant give me a refund because she did not receive any email about refund from Aldo. At first, I didnt get it because I did everything I was told to do. So the conversation was the following:
        Me: I have the receipt and email saying i need to present this to the store for a refund. So why...
        She:(Again cutting my word) I know, I know but I can't. I will be in trouble.
        Me: Then what should I do? It's not my fault. I already sent email to them.
        She : (Looking at other customer) are you looking for another size?? Contact the customer service.
        Me: I already emailed and no reply for three days.
        She: Call them.
        Me: What's the phone number?
        She: it's on the bottom of your receipt.
        me:(trying to find the number from email and Aldo website) i cant see in in my email. Can you give me the number?
        She: it's on the bottom on your original receipt.
        Me: okay. Then i will call them. Can i have your name?
        She: why do you need my name?
        Me: To explain them who said to me to do what?
        She: I don't have to give you my name under the law.
        Me: (To another clerk)she's saying she cant give me her name. Can I see the manager?
        She: (LAUGHING not smiling) I am the manager. Just call them.

That was the end of it. I felt humiliated and even felt discriminated by her attitude. There was no apology but rudeness and laughing. And I have never heard of the law not to give their names to customers. Then who will take responsibility if things go wrong?

So I didn't get my clutch, and my credit card was already charged, i brought the receipt and email required and she still did not do anything, of course no "sorry." If the store manager whose name is in secret had had the apologetic attitude for the problem caused by the company or was just a bit more cooperative, I would have not been upset as much as I am now.

I've checked Yelp and of course it has only 2stars out of 5. I do not understand why Aldo does not do anything to solve these issues.
        I am not going to let this go and i will write to consumer protection agency and BBB. I want face to face apology from the store manager who was the rudest sales associate I've ever met and expect better service from the store.

Aldonever again!

Ordered two pairs of shoes. My order arrived in a timely manner and I was very impressed with that. One pair was ok, I liked it a lot, but the other one was too small. So I contacted Aldo customer service and asked for a replacement for a bigger size, but they said that was the last size in stock. Then I asked for my money back but they claimed that was not possible. Tried to get some reasonable explanation but they just stopped replying. Never again!

Aldocustomer and sales service

Horrible experience at Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC. The store have ordered a pair of shoes that was shipped to the same store. They said they will call me when the shoes arrive but that never happened. After almost a month I had to callthestore. The sales rep (clame to be a store manager) hang up on me in the middle of my explanation about the reason for my call. Thay had my phone number on file but no returned call so no doubt that the sales representative hung up on me.
            2. Misrepresentation : couple of people introduced themselves as a store manager where in reality it is only one store manager.
            3. They B. S. about the return policy. Make sure you call Canadian customer service to get the right information regarding the return policy (if you decide to buy anything).
            After the complains and wasted time on the phone with sales rep, customer service and the "District Manager" (so she said she is) i asked: "so what do I get in return for all this hassle?" The answer was "NOTHING".
            From my shopping experience in Canada any store manager, let alone a district manager, would offer some forme of discount on your next purchase or a voucer in any Canadian Aldo store in this kind of circumstances.

Aldovery bad service

Made a purchase with www.aldoshoes.com and everything went fine. I paid for the product and received a payment confirmation email.
              Several days later I received a message from Aldo stating my order was cancelled because my item was no longer in stock and I was offered a refund.
              They seemed nice and I thought they were honest, but weeks passed and there was no money!
              When I contacted them about my money they spoke very rudely.
              Hope I'll get my money back but I'm not sure about that.

AldoI'm not ordering from aldo ever again!

Ordered some shoes from this website and they did not fit. I contacted Aldo customer service and made a refund request and they said that I have to send the wrong pair back. I paid for the return shipping and sent the shoes back. When I received a notification from UPS that shoes were delivered to Aldo I contacted them and asked about my money. They claimed that they never got the shoes and that they could not give me a refund!
                Such a terrible experience!

Aldo Shoes — customer service, orders, returns

You better hope that you do not have to send a pair of shoes back to aldo. Their back office is a mess. My...

Aldotwo different size of one pair shoes

Hello, I am Ahmed Sobhy from Cairo-Egypt.
                  I was in Dubai trip between 22nd to 28th January, 2016.
                  I went to Aldo branch in Dubai mall in 23rd January bought some staff with nearly 579 AED one of the said is black boot & after buying such boot & upon my arrival to my home town Cairo-Egypt, I found of the pair I had bough size is 37 & the other one is 38!!!
                  How come we face such problem & what should we do like that !!

Worth to mention when we try such boot we complained about some scratch but they told me it is the last piece.

So may you please contact Aldo Egypt branch in Cairo festival city to change the said boot with any other appropriate pair or even other model please.

I am looking forward for your necessary action please.

Aldo Shoes — shoes starting falling apart after four days and aldo just ignores it

Shoes starting falling apart after four days and Aldo just ignores it [now three months] Case Number...

Montreal

Aldo Shoesincorrect bag

I am a foreign customer, and i bought three bags on aldo online store (Www. Aldoshoes.com / us)
                    And i filled in my friend's address who lives in or. My friend did not open the parcel when she received it. Then she sent it to me.
                    I find they sent me two incorrect bags when i received it on nov. 6th. And these bags are even cheaper than what i want to buy.
                    Then i contacted with aldo, but they told me the only way to refund is return there bags. But i have already paid about 60 shipping fee from u. S to my country. The shipping fee is too high to return. And they even do not compensate the price difference.
                    I sent a email about the photo of these incorrect bags, but i have not received any reply after two days.
                    At the same time, the quality of bags are bad and their customer service is even worse.

Aldoassault

While standing outside the Aldo shop located at 141 Queen Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia, two Aldo employees knocked into me (I'm convinced on purpose) three times, presumably because they were annoyed that I was standing in their way. Then, one of them told me in a hostile and highly unprofessional way ""You guys have to move. You're in our way. We have to go in and out of these doors." This was not even Aldo's private property, but the lobby of a large office complex, and it was completely unreasonable to assert that I was in their way in relation to the doors. Even ten, it's not ok to intentionally barge into someone... that is assault!

Aldo Shoes — unprofessional and disorganized

I’m very disappointed in Aldo. I’m disappointed with the DISorganization so much so that...

Aldo Shoes Canadafalse return policy

More than a month ago, I bought a pair of shoes online for a wedding, they were too small. I returned them online and purchased a larger pair and matching clutch. So now
                        I have returned 2 separate shipments over a month ago and my credit card has not been reimbursed. The first order was for $43.49 and the second order was for $63.26.
                        I have notified ALDO SHOES CANADA 5 times and received only one response that told me to track my order. I checked to make sure the returned items were delivered back to them..they were delivered to them a month ago.
                        ALDO SHOES CANADA is stealing from me as far as I am concerned. Shame on them.

Aldo Shoes (Online Purchase)beware of buying aldo shoes online

I bought a pair of suede shoes from the Aldoshoes.ca website, had them shipped to the store, and when I went to pick them up, they were severely damaged and used. This is not the first time that this happened to me when buying shoes online. The same thing happened when I bought a pair of sandals, but the difference this time is that I needed these by a certain date since I would be travelling abroad for my sister's graduation. I asked for a refund since I could not take these damaged shoes home with me, but everything was refunded except for the shipping fee.

I was surprised that the shipping was not refunded for the damaged order for these reasons:
                          - I bought these shoes online and had them shipped to the store, rather than my home address (if I went into the store and ordered them, the shipping would be free) and I would assume that the store gets regular shoe shipments, so therefore it would not be a stretch to have the shipping refunded
                          - The Aldo shoes website has free shipping for orders over $75 and had I spent $6 more, shipping would be free. This makes me wonder that if they are able to offer free shipping based on how much a customer spends, then the same should hold true if there is a major problem for the purchase that the customer made online
                          - Finally, it is unethical for them to make me pay for their mistakes and not refund the total purchase price

When I phone Aldo Shoes customer service, I got the same story. I was told that I am paying for the UPS service to deliver the shoes to the store. If the shoes were not damaged, I would have taken them home with me but since they were, this was out of my control and I am still on the hook for a portion of the costs. Aldo shoes will not accept responsibility for their actions. After much negotiation with the telephone rep, I was given a 10% discount on my NEXT purchase -- which I appreciate anything at this point that hints that Aldo has any concern for customer satisfaction, it is useless to me since I already have a discount card that gives me the same % off with each purchase. I told the rep this and she told me there was nothing else they could do, which demanded even more negotiating and explaining the situation, at which point I was put on hold for a very long time and finally they raised the discount to 15%, or lets say $2.50 more off on a $50 purchase.

After this whole traitorous experience and having to deal with rude store employees and somewhat unhelpful telephone reps, I did not get my shoes in time or my shipping refunded.

Below are photos that I took of the damaged shoes that were given to me. I also wanted to add that the store staff immediately commented on the terrible condition they were in, but when it came to refunding the original shipping cost, they told me that their manager would definitely say that the shoes are not "damaged, " but just "dusty." These are definitely not dusty, but used, and worn, and need to be disposed of:

Aldoshoes.com/Mirelezit going on 3weeks now... pissed

Just wanted to share my displeasant/first experience with aldo (online) this past 3weeks. on november 18th was my first and last time ordering with aldo. I placed that order 3weeks ago and it's still not here as of today (december 2) and then when I called customer service the young girl could not give me any info about my order. very disappointment. I will be blogging this and youtube my experience to warn others. the sad part about my experience on there behalf, is all I order was a pair of ears. so the tells me if I would have order clothers or shoes I would be waiting 6 months. please think before shopping with aldo.

Aldo Shoesworst shipping and customer service

I ordered shoes in the store, gave the guy my driver's license for the correct address, and of course he entered it incorrectly. I have called customer service three times, sent in an email. Every time I am assured that they have corrected the mistake. However, today I find out the shoes I paid for were delivered and left on the porch of the wrong address. I have no emails confirming or even telling me where my shoes are. At this moment, I am out my money and have no product. The worst experience I have ever had.

• Vn
                                  VNM May 25, 2014

Aldo Wood Green shop - disgraceful customer service, staff are unhelpful and rude.I would strongly suggest to avoid this shop.

Annabell123412 Nov 30, 2015

I have had so many issues with shopping at the alfo website. Its so annoying. Everything from them not shipping me an item, to them shipping me pair if shoes with two different sizes. One an 8 the other a 5! They have screwed up in placing orders, shipping orders and giving refunds. Ugghhh not shopping there anymore.

Aldo Shoesbad shoes

I bought a pair of aldo shoes and wore it less than 1 month. I took it to aldo and the associate mentioned that he could repair them for me since the heel had come off. I went back to the store and another associate mentioned that they would not return or repair the shoe since the heel had some off, and it was from wear and tear!! I am very careful with my shoes and deserve a refund for them. They were about 45$ only..and now aldo just makes me think twice about shopping there again, if the shoes can only last like a month..Please contact me as soon as possible to fix this.

• Lu
                                    luluofasia Aug 30, 2011

I have order aldo sandal wedge online, but when they send it to me is 2 different kind of sandal, i call the customer service, they said i have to go online&follow instruction to return it, this company are suck cause, if they don't have the pair i wanted just don't sell it to me, instead of sending me a 2 different kind. bad service rated -101% & suck customer service.

Aldo Shoesdo not work at them

Working at Aldo shoes really sucks. You do get yell at if you do not make your weekly goal. and if you dont make your goal you have to be at a meeting at 6AM that might be an hour drive which they do not pay for your gas. and you will get yell at if you show up late. working part-time you do not get commission and holidays paid. when working holiday you do not get that extra money on your paycheck i think that really unfair. only full-time gets the holidays paid and commission. aldo spend more money on club elite than there employees. I think it time for aldo shoes to make some changes.