AlagascoCompany unwillingness to assist customer after disconnect

E

Rude agents - and the way Alagasco treats their customers that have had service with them for many years and they are not willing to work with anyone after their service has been disconnected after paying the balance due for bill IN FULL except the reconnect and deposti charges - they want reconnect charges and deposits before your service can be turned back on. Alabama Power works with their customers on deposits and reconnect charges especially after you have paid your bill IN FULL to get service restored - they put those charges on your next bill or ask when can you pay them and they restore your service if the you do not keep the agreement then your service maybe turned off but you can still call in to get extensions. They understand in this economy people are trying to do the best they can to pay their bills and especially if you have paid a $300.00 bill after disconnection and not require you to pay a deposit and reconnect charge at the same time. Alagasco is not willing to work with anyone after your gas has been turned off and you pay your bill IN FULL and do not have the reconnect and deposit fees they don't care if you and your family freeze from what the customer service implies it want be turned on until all fees are paid - bump that you have paid the bill IN FULL. No one is running away fron paying the reconnect and deposit charges (MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR PEOPLE TO PAY THEM LATER AND RESTORE OUR SERVICE)!!! I was told the President of this company is a Mr. Dudley Reynolds (DO YOU CARE ABOUT FREEZING CUSTOMERS)!!!

Maurice_Merchant Dec 30, 2016

Paid my bill today at 8:00 this morning and temps will be almost below freezing in my house and it won't get turned on till Tuesday... Pathetic service and company policies are terrible.

• My
    MY2CENTSALSO May 15, 2012

The same exact thing just happened to me! I signed up for Ebill a couple of months ago. This meant i could pay my bill on line, but that i wouldn't receive a paper bill any longer. Well. forgetting that I shortly discontinued my email address after signing up, and having not received a paper bill, my service got disconnected. a few days later, when i got paid, i signed on and paid my bill in full $392! (or so i thought) and the rep told me i could not have my gas service restored until i paid $225.00 more dollars for a reconnect fee and another deposit!! which by the way, DID NOT SHOW ON MY BILL BALANACE, SO I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD TO PAY THAT BEFOREHAND, OR I WOULDN'T HAVE PAID NEARLY $400 for nothing, which i really didn't have at the time. i explained to them that i had to have emergency dental surgery, which cost nearly $1000 out of pocket, and they were the rudest most uncaring people i have ever dealt with! they refused to cut me any slack. i suggested that if they were insistent on charging me that much, could they put it on my next bill, and they completely refused to do so! THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COMMON DECENCY TO SAY I'M SORRY YOU'RE GOING THROUGH THIS, BUT I'M UNABLE TO HELP YOU!!! Someone needs to go to a higher power to report these money hungry theives!! they are the absolute worst of the utility companies! The only reason they treat their customers this way is because they can! THEY DON'T HAVE ANY COMPETITION! WE DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!!

• Ms
    msmichellek Apr 30, 2012

Something definitely needs to give because their agents and policies are ridiculous!!!