[Resolved] Airteldon't trust airtel!

A

I have just bought a new prepaid Airtel chip (No. 99031-7607X). I wanted to know the GPRS settings. First of all navigating through the IVR of Airtel is painful because you have to wait till the voice stops parroting. Then, if by chance you enter a number (option) twice, you get disconnected. When you do choose, for example, English Language, you don't get an option to connect to Customer Care. Only after I learned that you must dial the secret number "9" at the secret point in the IVR do you get connected to Customer Care.

The Customer Care really don't care about the customer. Perfect parrot in practiced English dictions, a little off-beat question confuses them thoroughly. They put you on hold and ask their supervisor. In my case, I was told to dial 7070 for technical assistance. I asked whether the number was toll-free and "yes" came the reply.

I called 7070. They had no idea regarding GPRS settings (AND THEY CALL THEMSELVES TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE?) and asked weird and vague questions and finally said they had no idea regarding my question. Ah well! I always knew they were dumb. After hanging up, I was shocked to see my balance depleted for Rs 26.xx for a less than 10 min call.

Moral of the story: Don't trust Airtel. Don't buy Airtel. If you can't afford Hutch, go without a phone. Hire a messenger to send your messages. Above all, don't call customer care and waste your time. Buy some other card. Even an out-of-state on roam SIM.

RESOLVED

• Airtel's response · Nov 28, 2009

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. We are restricted by the absence of your contact details. Please write to us at [email protected] with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

We assure you that we are committed to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Regard's

• Updated by airtelpresence. · Jan 30, 2010

Dear Customer,

In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern.We are restricted by the absence of your contact details. We assure you that we are committed to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
    Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to [email protected]

Vinay chugh

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Apr 01, 2013

Namaste Mr. Chandi,

We have made a note of your contact details, our team will get in touch with you to gather more information to understand your concern and will resolve accordingly.

Sandeep Kumar

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Aug 11, 2013

Namaste (rs18),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 11 August 2013 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Aug 13, 2013

Namaste (rs18),

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Aug 19, 2013

Namaste Prakash,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 19 Aug. 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Aug 24, 2013

Namaste Prakash,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 19 Aug. 2013, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact airtel customer service at [email protected]

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Oct 03, 2013

Namaste Mr. Thakare,

Further to our discussion dated 01 October 2013, your concern is being worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Dec 16, 2013

Namaste Mr. Kumar,

This is with reference to your post dated 15 December 2013.

We are keen to resolve your concern; however, we will require your airtel account number along with an alternate contact number to resolve it effectively.

Look forward to receiving the required details at [email protected]

[email protected]

Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    LinkedIn- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Feb 02, 2014

Dear Hema,

This is with reference to your post dated 30 January 2014.

Please SMS “EPREBILL <Month Name> Email id” To 121 to get the bill on your E-mail id. You will be charged Rs. 50 per request for the same.

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Jun 22, 2014

Dear Deependra,

This is with reference to your post dated 18 Jun. 2014. We were waiting to receive your contact details to enable us to address your concern. Since we have not heard back from you, we trust your issue has been resolved.

If you require further information / assistance, please write to us at [email protected]

Sandeep Kumar

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Feb 23, 2015

Dear Shivadurgarajasekar.S,

This is with reference to your post dated 23 February 2015.

To protect all our mobile subscribers from malicious activities which may result in substantial increase in their phone bill, airtel would like to advise the following:

» Do not respond to any unexpected calls from a number with the +92 or +375 country code.

» Do not respond to any suspicious missed calls from unknown numbers.

» Do not get lured into any financial transactions or divulge any personal information like IMEI, Bank Account number and other information to callers offering prize money or lottery winnings. Also do not respond to any instructions to dial an international number to get the prize money.

» This luring may also be done through SMS messages offering prize money and seeking personal details on a specified email ID. Please do not respond to these.

» Do not respond to any SMS/Email from unknown sources prompting you to call on a number or go to a site offering free download of content/movie clips/pictures.

Please refer the link http://www.airtel.in/important-alerts/ for more details

• Updated by Airtel Presence · May 08, 2015

Dear Mr. Mundra,

Thank you for sharing your contact details with us. We will contact you soon to resolve your concern.

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Jul 27, 2015

Dear Mr. Ganesh,

This is with reference to your post dated 23 July 2015.

Please share your alternate contact number with us at [email protected] to enable us to assist you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

[email protected]

Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our roducts and services

• Updated by airtelpresence. · Jun 15, 2016

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Vinay chugh

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Aug 29, 2016

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 26 August 2016.

We would like to acknowledge that we are working to address your concern as soon as possible.

We will connect with you to get additional details, if required, to resolve the concern effectively.

You can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

Akanksha Singh

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Sep 08, 2016

Dear Mr. Rao,
    This is with reference to your post dated 25 August 2016.
    We would like to confirm that we have shared the resolution details with you.
    Should you require further information, please feel free to write to us at [email protected]
    Akanksha Singh
    airtel presence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd.

• Nn
    nnw07 Jul 17, 2006

I am using airtel connection more than 6 years, since past 3 years i see airtel cheats everyone in india. In such a way they use marketing tactics get customer and cheat them. Now this is new way in india big telephone companies are start cheating. It was my 5th time i was cheated by airtel about false information. Everyone knows that interstate for calls made local by bharathi (airtel) and bsnl. Recently i got sms message like ' recharge for 440 get rs 100 normal talktime and 400 mins of free local airtel to airtel talktime'. I got recharged and i got rs 100 talktime and 400 mins aitel to airtel. But the think is after i made several calls to my brother, he is in same state and another city i got charged from my normal talktime. Airtel gives the meaning that here local means only local city it seems, i called up asked about this and i got shocked 'airtel knowingly does everything ' - 'airtel the clever cheater' the call center guys are also gives the same meaning that what i was that, after they clarified with the manager, they can able to give different meaning.

So far at least i inquired many who're unwillingly holding that number just sake of retain the old number. This is really f***ing company. Don't get cheated. Almost it cheats everyone in different way. Many people are crying because of these cheats.

Beware of airtel. Go for bsnl or reliance (these guys having poor service but never cheats others).

• Valerie Jul 17, 2006

I bought AirTel Pre-Paid phone, and it didn't get activated for three days, in spite of me calling everyday, and those folks offering an excuse that activation may take up to 24 hours (first day), 48 hours (second day) and 72 hours (third day). Then I finally went to the shop from where I had got the phone, got a contact to call from them, and my phone was active within thirty minutes.

Then I entered a Rs. 350- value card, and without using the phone, I found that merely Rs. 12- were remaining in my account. Called them up, and they said that I listened to songs for that much money. When I said that it was not so, they said they would investigate and get back to me within 48 hours. After not hearing, called them again, and got yet another excuse. Right now, they have been telling me that I made some obscene number of calls to KBC. Their other excuse is, you had called us about 5 minutes back, so your account is locked, and call after an hour, although the truth would be that that is the only time of the day I had called them.

Anyway, the bottom line is, these AirTel folks are cheats. They eat away about Rs. 200 - out of the Rs. 350 as some fixed charges, and eat away the remaining through other unfair means. Shame on AirTel.

• Valerie Jul 17, 2006

I had purchased an airtel student pack connection through my brother Vijay Karthik nearly 2 months ago, for my new Nokia 6230 i. I was so eager to explore the various value added services compatible in my new mobile. So, I requested the airtel customer care ( my service providers) for the activation of my GPRS facility, almost a month ago. I was repeatedly told that it would be activated within 24 hours, whereas nothing has happened in the last 30days *24 = 720 hours.

I have called more a dozen times and have spoken to as many customer care representatives too. But I must confess that only my calls were attended to and not my requests. (I wonder whether this is part of the training programme of the airtel customer care forum, to effectively mock helpless customers like us.)

Now after the first few calls that were obviously ignored, i was more persistent requesting for details of the actual procedure. I was informed by your customer care rep. Karthik of Chennai that I have to type MASALA in caps. and send sms to 646, which I have done several times. I only receive a message thanking me and promising some settings shortly, but nothing happens thereafter.Then he tells me that my request is already activated and all that must happen is just receive the settings, which he said would happen in 24 hours (of course - standard - right ?). But I must tell u i have spent another 24 *25 days = 600 hours but nothing has happened as yet. Well, this Karthik, ur rep. was also making it very obvious that he was annoyed with my repeated requests and was more than harsh in his language. (Of course they are tyrained to be so... one wonders. May be he expected me to keep my mouth shut like the many other helpless victims such as me.) He also gave a promise / word saying that everything would be ok within 24 hours, failing which I can reach him anytime. But that has not happened. Neither have i got what I asked for nor was i able to get him on the line ( obviously he was avoiding me ).

Now I have also made as many requests for a reference no. or a complaint no., something that would give me a hold, for me to follow up on the service that appears wanting regarding my requests. But i am never given any such a thing. All i hear is the same crap of 24 hours. They know as well as i do, that once they have seen my call through, They are scot free. I am not going to get them on the line the next time. Its going to be somebody else. Thats the probability. So, its just passing the ball to someone else so that they face the responsibility or they do the same passing game, for who cares for the customer around here. I have spoken to Farhat of chennai after my ordeal with Karthik. All these people are from Chennai. She even promised to send me a mail and took my e- mail id regarding my status. Its a week and half now and I am still waiting for her mail cause i am so stupid, right?

Well after Farhat came Rajkumar. I remember all these people so well cause thats what they put me through. Finally it was Ram this morning. He really made me go over the edge, with his same indifferent attitude, plus a bonus of being either too dumb to understand my request or was probably playing too smart to make me give up on him. This fellow even had the audacity to be snobbish and reveal the true attitude, that he or none of them really cares for the customer. His logic is simple, but unappreciative. If i had called for one whole month, i must still be capable of making one more call tomorrow. Well, if this kind of statement is what u call logic and care and help, I say the whole damn thing is that u r running is a zoo and what u really do tot he customer is fraudulence and injustice. Ur system and the ones I have mentioned about, have duped me of my money, my faith, belief, respect and peace of mind. Well, since its Airtel - express yourself, I thought it would be no harm to really express myself to whoever is out there to listen .Well when i asked for the supervisor of the customer care reps. to register the complaint, i was not given access and this raj Kumar as usual made the same promise of 24 hours and hung up on me.

Am i happy to be a customer of Airtel. You guess. We have 4 airtel connections, 2 reliance, 1 hutch, 1 tata indicom walky and VSNL broadband network in our house. Now I am sure there is going to be some serious alterations with the first 4 connections. May be u really don't care losing 4 connections cuase u have a huge customer base right. But I am sure u may not have the same luxury for long with this zoo u r running around here and the bunch of clowns working for u. I am sorry for belting my emotions right out here this way, but I really wanted to let someone know of my pain. I would appreciate a reply given by Whoever is concerned with this dept. and is in the authority to do the needful and give a suitable explanation. Thank you.

P.S. Did i mention about my brother Vijay Karthik - no. 98400 59718, who went through a similar ordeal two months ago. Well If not, don't worry, u r going to hear from a lot of us shortly. U have it coming, i promise. Thank you. waiting for ur response.

Another unhappy and enraged customer,
    Vinodh.

Rabirm Jul 18, 2006

I am very disappointed by the service offered by Airtel and the worst is that no body is there to listen, all gives you the false statements.

I took my postpaid connection (9810374456) three month back. last month My phone got disconnected with out any prior notice. I talked to customer service guys they told me that it was due to some technical problem and they were forwarding my problem to technical department and within 4 hrs my connection will be restored. But even after 10 days I didn't heard anything from them. Meanwhile I talked to customer care guys for few more times and all the time they gave same false reason. Finally I went to One of there franchise at East of kailash. The staff were so irresponsible there that for half an hrs they didn't listen my problem and when I shouted on them one of them came and finally listen my problem. There I came to know that I have crossed my credit limit, which was actually a new thing for me because this basic thing was not told by there executive who come to start my new connection. They told me that pay the bill amount and connection will be restore within 4 hrs. Anyhow I paid the full bill amount and it has been more than a week since I paid the bill my connection is still not connected. I talked to customer care yesterday at 6 pm to ABHISHEK there Customer care guy he also told me that my connection will be restore with in 4 hrs which is eventually still not connected. This is the worst king of service offered by AIRTEL, now I am already took new connection of reliance and no more interested in AIRTEL.

Vishav Bandhu Singla Jul 18, 2006

I had switched from other mobile service to Airtel (Mobile # 9876045453) with view that Airtel is doing well in other states and it will be doing good in Punjab as well but it will not be incongruous to mention that it is the worst among all.

Please find enclosed the below mentioned facts proving the above mentioned fact.

1. I have got a connection, which is not accessible from landline phone from my native place (Ahmedgarh STD code 01675) so my parents, friends etc. are unable to reach me. (Utter failure in providing basic service).
    2. SMS service (both local as well as National) is not working. I am unable to receive SMS from any service provider including Airtel (only received messages from Airtel customer care like activation of service etc.) but able to send SMS to Airtel number only.
    3. All the outgoing SMS have been charged though it is not delivered. I was told by customer care that all undelivered SMS would not be chargeable.
    4. Requested for GPRS connection under corporate plan on 18th Feb'05 and was not activated till 24th Feb'05 and on 23rd Feb'05 I was informed by Airtel customer care that I can't get GPRS connection under corporate plan committed by Airtel and on 24th Feb'05 I received SMS that GPRS connection under corporate plan has been activated. I have lost so much due to all this, which I cannot explain in this letter.
    5. In my bill for this connection, I have been charged for GPRS connection as per normal plan i.e. Rs 600/- per month although I have received SMS that my plan charges are Rs. 99/- per month for first six months, Rs. 300/- for next three months and Rs. 600/- onwards. I had also confirmed my bill plan for GPRS connection after receiving SMS from AIRTEL and I was confirmed that it is same as mentioned in SMS.
    6. My request for activation for roaming has been taken while stating that there is no roaming rental under this category (Corporate Self Paid plan) and during confirmation call for activation of roaming I was informed other way round.
    7. Registered on www.airtelworld.com for e-billing and prompted a message that password had been sent by SMS on the mobile number but couldn't receive the password due to issue mentioned in point 2.
    8. I had been informed that GPRS connection can be activated by sending SMS request 'GPRSCORP' at 700 (toll free number) which is free of charge. On the contrary I have been charged for this SMS as well.

I got different answer for same query from different representatives in Airtel customer service (121 service) and it indicates that Airtel doesn't have any process in place to look after their customers and only untrained people are handling customers and tell whatever comes in their mind. I was applaud to listen the suggestion from one of the executives attending my call that 'Get the roaming activated and I will come to know whether there is any rental or not' in my next bill. So experimentation on its customer is part of Airtel customer service process.

It hurts when one has to pay for services for which he is deprived of. Under such circumstances, I would prefer to discontinue with the service if Airtel is unable to provide tolerable level of service being a service industry.

Moreover Airtel customer care is hesitant to write customer complaint and providing the complaint number. On insisting to provide complaint number I was told that it is a general complaint fro other customers as well so we can write a complaint in this regard and it will be resolved within 24 hours.

I will appreciate the consistency maintained by Airtel customer care executives attending the call while answering any problems with the pet answer.

NEW SERIES PROBLEM, WILL BE RESOLVED IN 24 HOURS.

This 24 hour commitment is never fulfilled practically and I don't understand why do Airtel representative feel shame in telling the truth while attending customer call. Did customer do any crime that he should be victimized for this new series problem?

My brother is holding AIRTEL connection in Delhi region and he appreciates about the service level there so it is strange why same company is unable to maintain the standards in Punjab.

There is more to mention but I think it is sufficient to convey message to management about the service level of AIRTEL in Punjab region.

In Nutshell, I feel like that I have done blunder by switching to Airtel and don't hesitate to commit for services while issuing selling new connection which they are unable to provide at all in committed time frame and force customer to chase them. At the same time Airtel makes sure that customer is charged for above mentioned services.

Vishav Bandhu Singla
    Mobile: - +91 9357327472

Anju Patel Aug 23, 2006

My billing for last month was INR 522. But airtel has debited 2 different amounts from my account due 2 ECS. I have already fax my bank statement to airtel. It has been 20 days that executives r communicating to me that they will revert to me with the solutions, but still no response.

sanjit kumar sen Aug 24, 2006

After one month of using a fresh card I received an sms today from Airtel saying "we are unable to verify your address, listed with us. Since verification is mandatorya as per Govt. rules, your calls will be barred today"... Aug.24,2006. 13:38:12 hours.

Subsequently, I learnt from the Airtel center on Kammanahalli Main Road (next to Niligiri's) that the actual reason, asking for the subscriber to re-submit the supporting documents, was that my earlier application along with my supporting documents had been misplaced by Airtel's office in Bangalore. Hence, the sms as quoted above.

I don't expect a follow-up on the basis of my complaint but the issue in question indicates the utter callousness of the staff involved.

• Ar
    Arbaz khan Sep 02, 2006

Hello, from the last 4 days i am not able to make outgoing and incoming calls ..i dont know why ....i have emough balance in my cell and have validity too...when i asked to customer care they tells that ur documents were not submitted but i have submitted a long period before..plzz reply

manish gupta Sep 03, 2006

I am a customer of airtel india from last 6 consecutive years. i took a new postpaid conn. for my fiancee, and after a month shifted it to prep[aid. I applied on 26 of august 2006. was promised to get the connection started within 24 hours. but till now, 3rd of september 2006, it is not started. i called at least 50 times to airtel but every time get same reply, "u ll get this started within 1hr."
    The most embarassing thing was, when i went to the airtel india jaipur headoffice at ganpati plaza, i met an executive named VIBHUTI. she really misbehaved like anything and said" humari marzi hogi tub chalu kurenge, aapko jo kurna hai vo karo". I said, please give me in written that there is no fault from my side but she refused like anything.

IN THE END , I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED A NEW BEHAVIOUR FROM AIRTEL.

• Ph
    Phanendra Sep 04, 2006

Having received best service provider award, airtel should provide the best services to its customers. Even I was among the many who have faced so many problems with Airtel. My connection was disconnected 2 times without any reason. When i contacted Customer Care people i used to get fake responses saying that my connection would get reactivated within one hour,1/2 hour etc; and the most interesting part is the answers given by CC people will not match with each others. Even they have given useless answers to me sometimes.

So many times the call got disconnected after holding for 10 to 15 min. When ever i call them they used to give a so called Complaint no which is really useless. There was no proper coverage in our area when i have taken the connection. I have reported the same to CC and again i received answers that a new tower will be installed within 1 month and this 1 month became 2,3 and so on.

Hope being a largest service provider it will improve its services and provide proper responses to the customer.

Raji S.K. Sep 21, 2006

I have been using Airtel prepaid Connection (9880364935) for about 2 years in Bangalore. And I had a balance of 1800/- Rs on 1st of Sept. I went to my native place and couldn't recharge when I was there. After coming back to B'lore when I checked my balance, the whole amount 1800/- was deducted. I raised a complaint with Airtel customer care but for no use... they closed the complaint saying that the amount was deducted from my account as I didn't recharge within the grace period. Its very unfair... they can deduct some amount as fee but shouldn't deduct the whole amount... After all the money is mine... when I didn't make calls for that... how can they deduct the whole amount?

vipin manohar Sep 21, 2006

I have been told by your executive that Internet facilities on my number 9818701032 this going to be Rs. 99/- per month with full downloads but I have been charged for internet using Rs. 499/- which I am not support to pay to airtel. This was a complete false promise from your side. Plz due the needfull for me as soon as possible. I am not going to make a payment for internet use more then rupees 99/-.

And Again told by your executive (Mr. Jatin) that Internet facilities on my number 9818701032 this going to be Rs. 99/- per month with full downloads.........

This is a Corporate Connection (Self Paid).......

Thanking You,

Vipin Manohar

Plz do the needful for me as soon as possible..................

• Pk
    pkkodnani Sep 23, 2006

This is Rajesh communications Easy recharge mobile no 9818531421 Faridabad (Haryana). This is submitted that on 14-9-2006 easy recharge server was very much down so in one mobile No 9871660759 I recherged two times of Rs 100/- But custmer has recd one message at 7:36PM & accordingly he is given one time credit Rs 89/- only. As per custmercare records recharge has been done two times accordingly my balance is is also reduced. It is there fore requeted to look into the matter so that message is recd to the custmer. cutmer has also talked to ur custmercare today at 8:30PM on my help line No 711 but is not satisfied with the reply.Ur r therefore requestd to look into the matter & satishfy the custmer of Mobile No 9871660759 by providing a quality service to avoid complications.

Thanks,
    Rajesh Communications
    E-recharge mobile No 9818531421
    There is no responce of the above complaint since 16-9-2006

• Po
    pohu Sep 23, 2006

Airtel seriosly look into matter to avoid loosing custmer. If above comlaint is not attended by providing a quality service to the custmer. Airtel may loose the custmer.

Vijayababu Sep 25, 2006

I got out of tamilnadu to hosur, from that time my cell is not working the customer reps are dealing with this forever. Poor service and no one taking responsibility.

• Ud
    UdhayaKumar Oct 05, 2006

To Airtel:
    This is UdhayaKumar, Ph no 9945931377, Bangalore.
    I applied for a Migration form prepaid to post paid connection on the 7th of september,2006.
    With B.R. Management Services, Blue cross chambers,Infantry road, Bangalore.
    I submitted all the required documents on the 7th itself. i was told that the post paid connection will be activated after 7 days. After the 7th day(14th sep) i went to an Airtel customer care store in koramangala. They asked me to contact the service agency who provided the sim card. So i went and sopke to Kiran at B.R. Management services. They once again asked for my documents, so i gave the orignal docunents the same day. Then i was pormised a 3 day activation. After the 3rd day i again went to the airtel customer care store, they again were helpless. Finally after the 23 days an airtel representative came to my house for verification and he said all formalaties are completed and it will be activated in 24 hours. Now its 3 days less for a month to complete from the date i applied.

If i had known that a migration from prepiad to postpaid will be so complicated , id have never applied for it, rather never taken an airtel connection, my phone number is established amoung my family friends and business, i have no other choices , i have to live with it.

If anyone in Airtel has a little concern for its poor customers, please look into my case and try helping me.

Yours Terribly Frusturated & Helpless,
    UdhayaKumar

Note: A general Suggestion for the public, Please approach corporate officies directly for any kind of services or quries.

• Sr
    Srinivas Oct 06, 2006

Airtel customer cares are great, great enough to give 121 for all the mess. My phone was dead and I do not have an Airtel mobile or landline nearby moreover 121 should be done only through Airtel and afterall I somehow managed to do 121 through my friend's and to my annoyance I was asked to key in some secret code, I do not know what the damn ### they are asking for one to contact customer care, do you think these formalities are needed, I completely fed up.

Airtel is making a huge mess and making lucrative business out of this mess.

You Airtel rogues think if one can make 121 through dead phone...

• Ha
    harpal singh Oct 07, 2006

Myself, harpal singh from distt. bathinda, punjab bought a post paid connection from local airtel office and the clarification was made false.the main purpose of buying the connection was to surf the internet using gprs. the executive told that airtel does not charge any surfing charges and the downloading charges are applicable as 10 paise for downloading 10 kbps. but within three days of using the bill added to Rs.4600 and when asked from the office it was brought to notice that even the surfing charges were also applicable.this has been wholy due to not delievering proper information about the gprs. at present there is no liabily or intention of mine to pay the bill under any circumstances.

• Pu
    Puneet Oct 18, 2006

1. I was given the benefit of 49 p calling without paying anything extra.But I was not informed about the validity of this scheme..so I made calls according to 49 p only… which led to a huge bill amount... which I cannot afford.

2. Also my outgoing is barred…

3. I talked to customer care many times..n I was even assured of the waiver by one of the senior members of airtel mr. ankur.he assured me of the discount n he was to give me a call… but I received no call from airtel regarding this.

People beware!!!

Yours Truly,
    Puneet.

chandrasekhar badam Oct 27, 2006

I have activated masala offer, on the assurance of airtel customer care that no extra charges are deducted. But after activating that offer i got message that 30 rupees is deducted towards VAS charges. i dont know what is that VAS charges.

• Kv
    K.Venkatraman Oct 27, 2006

My son went to visit his grandfather, who is ill to Thane from Vasai, a distance of around 40 k.m. His normal recharge is around Rs.50/- Airtel has charged (subtracted) Rs.49/- as roaming rental for a month.

This amounts to cheating. His mobile no. is 9890523374.

He has a prepaid mobile with life time incomming 999/- plan.

Venkat.

• Re
    Remya.C.Venu Oct 27, 2006

From the past 3 days messages are not going through from my mobile..it showing message like " message sending failed"
    last day i called up to the customer care..and they said it will get solved with in 5 hrs...but still its not working properly,and im not satisfied with your customer care service

• Dr
    dr sanjeev khattar Oct 31, 2006

I requested for dsl broadband conection on 13-10-2006. Airtel guys came on 16-10-06 for wiring and messed up with my EPABX, diconnected MTNL line of neighbour and connected my airtel line to his MTNL phone. On complainiong repeatedly that somebody else would be making calls from my airtel number, it took seven days for airtel to finally tell us that its beyond their means and i should rather get it fixed either by mtnl guys or my own epabx guys which i got done eventually on my on 23-10-06. Till date i.e. 31-10-06 nobody has come to instal dsl connection even after requesting them on daily basis.Each day , i get new complaint no, but no action. Is any body accountable for all the complaint nos they generate? and then they promise to resolve each complaint in a day. thats India best telecom company...... fooling people. i wish i could change my service provider of all the four lines if there was provision of number portability (and iam sure there will many more people who think likewise). Companies know that and take advantage of thi.s

• Re
    Reshma Thomas Nov 03, 2006

We have 2 Airtel Line one post and prepaid.

When my spouse took the new post paid connection we had issues with Billing and called up the customer service contiunously for 7 days.. nearly 6 times druing and day and 3 times at night !! ?? why WEll we had issues in Billing and none of the this people helped me out, instead they hung up the phone, which is an insult to me !!

I put in request for supervior to call 5 times no call was was recived form their authority ..

The bills we had to receive within 10 working after 1st which is still not recieved for the month of October and phone was barred outgoing calls.. we call the customer servoice again requesting for the same from the 7th still the 31st still no response.. on 1st the phone got dc and we paid appor. amount without getting a bill.. now the bill paid is 600 rs extra.. which they say will be adjusted to the next months bills..

Again I will tell end on Nove i will still have the same issue .. of not adjusting the amount .. and not delivering the bill ..

Please if any managers are looking in to this complaint please can you fix this .. seriously its high time Airtel have to bluck up !! and else I will have to complian to authroities ..

thankingu for your time

Ramesh Nair Nov 03, 2006

This is to bring to the notice about how Airtel India Powai, Mumbai is making false promises of customer service which is just an statement, while in reality they are very slow and misguide you and take advantage of innocent customers. Recently myself Ramesh Nair requested a Airtel -India telephone and internet connection at my residence address - B-501, Eden -1, Hiranandani gardens, Powai, Mumbai- 400076.

During the initial installation they took so much time and they were not clear whether they can connect the D-link which I already had. They were giving me false statements that my D-link cannot be used and I use the Modenm provided by Airtel India with an added cost. Some tricks I guess to extract extra money form the customers.

Later with so much of follow up which I did personally , finally got the installation done.
    Now I have requested them to transfer my line and internet to my new house address- 1003, Shiv Shristi Tower, Shiv Bhagtani manor, Chandivli, Powai, Mumbai 400076 . I am facing the same delay once again. Since its a newly constructed building they requested that there should be a pipe already provided through which the wire can be installed. Should Airtel not do the same. Is it not their job !!
    After providing the same , Airtel guys and not installing my connection. It has been a touch time for us to regularly follow up with the Airtel office in Powai. We are not able to use our telephone for the last 3 weeks as we have disconnected our already existing MTNL- India connection and our Airtel is not yet transferred to the new house. After all this delay Airtel will still charge me with the rental for the 3 weeks for which I was not using their Phone and internet. Please help.

Satish Gauns Nov 06, 2006

I have been strugging with the sms problem that I have with my Airtel prepaid card.I Had been contacting the customer care of Airtel, but each time they are telling me to wait for 24hours but not solving the problem.Since now i have registered my complaint for 15 times and i have been facing the problem from last 25 days and still no solution.

• Bi
    BIBHU PRASAD MISHRA Nov 08, 2006

Respected authority , I am a customer of airtel and using the connection of airtel since last one year and i call to customer care when i want to know about the new offers and for that they restricted me to call customer care and now my number is blocked and i cannot able to call customer care since last 3 months and i am complaining for this again and again after they are telling that yes we will do that within 72 hours and still 3 month passed they still not activated the service . If i am using airtel and i couldnot able to call customer care then it will worth less for me to take connection fron such service provider and recently on dated 7th of november i activated a services named tunie talk but now i cannot able to deactivated that.
    So i request you for proper justice if any action can be took palce then i will be thankful to you .

• Bi
    BIBHU PRASAD MISHRA Nov 08, 2006

total airtel customer care system is so bad and from the service provider point of view they are only taking money without giving any schmes like national sms and other........

• Kr
    Krishna Reddy Nov 10, 2006

Hi, this airtel service is good (as it uses the 1800khz frequency), which is not good to the consumers using it as it effects the user very much (it can be tested by ourselves also).

The test procedure is take a blinker that is it blinks when we get a call (it uses the energy of the signal and blinks, if you go for BSNL sim then we don’t get signal at all, for Hutch and other sims it works only at some locations near by tower, but for airtel there will be no problem at all with signal and also that blinker blinks.) for the same reason also we have good airtel coverage.

As it has good network coverage. It is in good demand and therefore their executives take consumers lightly.

As I am experiencing the problem with them I am here I have applied for a postpaid connection and it is a week and still I didn't get the connection!!!

Thank you AIRTEL!

satheesh babu Nov 10, 2006

Yes me too faces the same problem...What do they expect from their customers???they want us to come back of them always!!!!this is rediculuos!!!!myself thinking to change to hutch!!!!They never responds to a query in 24 hrs..we have to contact them for 5 to 6 times to be solved..its a big flop for such a big provider...

Rajesh Aravind Nov 13, 2006

I have taken a Corporate Invidual connection (AES249)during May'06 thro' Airtel agency M/s Mardha telecom, Bangalore by Mr.Saleem & Mr.Asgar. They informed me that there will not be any activiation charges for national roaming (Rs.49). Also they claimed that during national roaming (NR) the incoming call charges will be Rs.1.99 & STD to mobile will be Rs.2.40 & To landline will be Rs.6.00. Based on this inputs, I have taken this connection. But now they are charging Rs.49 for NR & changed all the call charges during NR.

Worst thing is when I call customer service 121, customer care executive refused to give charges for NR in writing. It clearly indicates that Airtel wants to take its customers for ride. It is TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL & UNETHICAL WAY of doing a business.

I was totally annoyed & decided to disconnect their service. My service request no. is 10358856/08-11-06. As per their email, my no. was supposed to have got disconnected by 10.11.06. But even today (13.11.06), it is not done. The customer service executives are not responding correctly.

• De
    Devesh Jagatram Nov 14, 2006

I had applied to Airtel India for broadband connection at my home. While applying I was informed about an ongoing scheme I was promised in which my installation charges and security deposit was waivered and I was promised that the connection will be up and running in 5 working days.

That was 1.5 months back and since then I have been calling up and following Airtel to get no help. Writing to their customer care about it went completely unnoticed. 2 days back they finally came to connect my place from their nearest box through wires and assured that within 3 days a connection will be installed.

Next day I get a call from them saying that my form has been cancelled because its been a long time and it has not been installed and I have to fill a new form, and that this new form will not be considered for the scheme of waivered installation charges and security deposit. All this when the delay was completely from their end and I have nothing to do with the delay.

When I ask them to connect me to appropriate department so that I can get this sorted out, I am asked to hold the line and I hear in hushed voices a message being passed to someone at their end to pick up the phone and deny any solution to this issue.

This is not all. Since then I have been writing to Airtel complaining again of this whole issue and sending reminders to get no response what so ever, as if I do not even exist.

I really wonder how can they go about harrassing someone like this. Looks like they have already got enough customers and are in no need of any more customer.

• Sh
    Sheetal Nov 14, 2006

My name is Sheetal Rane, I have taken a Post paid connection in Airtel Bangalore. I visited to Airtel Banarkatta (Bangalore) office to make the payment and to request to keep my number in custody for 3 months Since I was going out of India. I have made the payment of 6000 rs included bill and custody charges for three months.

The executive gave me a receipt but asked me to call and confirm after two days. Since I was not in India to call customer care he gave me his name and number. From Canada I called him, in first call he told me that he have not paid the bill and recollect the payment after coming to India. After coming to India I am calling him, but now he is disconnecting my all calls.

I have registered this complaint in Airtel, they are not taking an action since that guy is Airtel executive.

I lost my 5900 rs. I have discussed in my network, I found many people who got cheated by Aitel in different way. Many people are crying because of these cheats.

Ramdas Nov 15, 2006

Hi, this is to bring notice that recently Airtel has some promotional offers called sms pack. I was surprised to see that Rs29 got deducted one fine day from my prepaid account though i never subscribed.

When I called up the customer care, I was told that I had subsribed. The way of subsription is the most stupid one.
    It seems I had received a automatic call on some day (for which they have a log) and I had pressed as per the instruction and it got activated. I used to always ignore these automatic calls, but I didnt know how to prove it.

So eventually I lost the money, though I still it was a failure at their end where somehow it got subsribed automatically...

Anyways all these automatic calls and subscription should be banned without a subscribers permission. Currently the default seems to be all of these enabled by default and a subscriber needs to BLOCK if he needs..

Ramkumar N Nov 15, 2006

This complaint regarding network coverage. I have been complaining to Airtel people for last six months that network coverage is bad in my home. Every time they have been saying will install system in home but till now never happened. But I don’t know how come they say they have connection even in small city when they don’t have proper network coverage inside the city. I am really doubt the service provided by them.

• Su
    sunil khanna Nov 15, 2006

Airtel people had barred my number 42089978 for the month of october due to cheque reverser for the month of august where as the cheque was passed and the amount was already withdrawn from my account in the month of august it self ,now airtel people say i have to pay the rental and usage of 622 rupees for the month of october ,and they say we will reduce 150 rupees and telling me to pay the rest why should i pay,this is not fair?

• Ga
    gagan gupta Nov 17, 2006

My self gagan gupta, i am scientific officer in Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic research at Kalpakkam. I have activated GPRS on 16 th nov for one day and 20 rupees deducted from my account but whole day i was able to use internet only for 30 min and after that there was no connection. i called at 123 customercare but nobody was picking phone. this is very bad thing. my no. is 09894470269. one more thing in all over india like mumbai, delhi, allahabad everywhere airtel to airtel std charges is one rupees per callbut in kalpakkam it is not like that, it is 2rs per min.

I m leaving Airtel Prepaid Connection and i m going for reliance and my two other friends also doing this thing with me. So please try to make yor call rates same everywhere. and dont loose the customer who is paying more than 3000 rs for recharge per month.

• Mu
    Mukund Nov 17, 2006

I called up airtel cusotmer care y'day evening, to check why they have deducted Rs 50 from my wife's number. I don't remeber the name of that guy. He was trying to pull the conversation instead of giving me the justification. Finally he hung the phone without conclusion. His behaviour is absoultely nuesence. I was really pissed off from their service.

• To
    toneytf Nov 20, 2006

I'm from Guwahatti, after a break i've recently charged my AIRTEL mobile for a month, it worked fine with the charges. after the second recharge for Rs222/- they began to charge me Rs3/- per national SMS. and surprisingly the national call charges were much less at the same time. By the time i've noticed it almost Rs500/- was lost.
    I've tried to contact the customer care but its always busy. Now i'm almost planning to quit Airtel.

• Gs
    G.sharma Nov 20, 2006

This mail is regarding airtel Land line phone.
    Some FOS came from Airtel and He booked new connection Before two days back From my Residence-C-2273 Sushant Lok-I Gurgaon The name of G. Sharma
    and also received a call from customer care that which number i wanted and they selected 0124-4273709 and after that nobody has turned up for installation
    can you just give us some idea when we can get this service
    i think Airtel service is too slow for connecting new people or you have no time for customers, I had given 350 cash to Mr Gautam one of Airtel representative but Airtel Land Line Phone still has not been installed.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices