Airasiacustomer care

A Review updated:

Hi,
I am traveling by flight: I5 536 from Bhubaneswar to Kolkata on 16th November 2017.

I had called up the customer care to check for extra baggage charges. I was told that I can prebook my luggage for 20kgs by making a payment of 1250INR.
When I asked her about the airport charges per extra kilo, I was said that I will be charged Rs 900 extra per kilo.
But my luggage weighed only 18 kilos and I had to pay only 250*3=750 extra according to the check in counter staff, had I not already done a prebooking as suggested by the customer care.
I was not clearly told about the policy and was charged extra for no reason at all.

If the customer care cannot provide the customer with proper information, what is it for? Inspire of me asking the per kilo extra luggage, she did not let me know it is only 250INR per kilo.

Abantika Bhowmick
EmailId: aban.[protected]@gmail.com

Airasia
Airasia

• K
      Nov 17, 2017

I booked a 2-way ticket for my son to depart from Melbourne to KL for his short break. I logged on to my air asia account when the booking was made. We have always been ecouraged to do so for easy snd faster arragement as some of our required personal information are stored in the system. But the down side of this sytem is that once you are logged on you will be named as the travellibg passenger unless you remember to change it. I forget! And so I became the travelling passenger instead of my son. Despite being a genuine mistake, air asia just refused to assist to amend the error. Why is it so difficult to change the name? I am not requesting to have it changed to a third party.
    I am so disheartened that there appears to be no other option available to me except to have to cancel the booking. And unfortunately this is also a non refundable cancellation.
    Chin