Air Chinadelayed baggage

After hours of transit at beijing on ca1106 to kul I had to go through long flight delay inside an old plane with stuffy warm air on 5 aug. Almost every passenger was panting. The plane was fit for flying but the comfort level is terrible, especially when it is for long hauls. The restroom odour that escaped when the door is opened was unbearable when the air is hot inside.

I arrived during midnight and had to dreadfully wait for my checked in baggage at the conveyor belt in klia. My baggage did not arrive. I had to wander around before I could find the lost and found office which was not quite as helpful as I expected. It was already midnight after making the report and all my supplies and important items are not with me. I do not have my toiletries with me. I had to purposely seek for 24 hours convenience store just to get facial wash that wasn't suitable for my skin, my working attire is inside the luggage, my transport has to wait for me until the report was completed not to mention that the flight is already late due to delays. I had to delay my trip to another city as I am unable to leave without my luggage and the things in it. The tracking number provided in the report did not work on their website. It took them the entire day yesterday just to inform me that my baggage is in beijing. It was close to evening when I received a call from klia. My appointments are all pending for the entire day yesterday as I could not leave without my things. My mobile phone charger is in the luggage as well and I can't make calls with a phone that is low on battery! It was and still is frustrating! This does not only occurred once but it happened to my colleague when we first went to hohhot. Twice in one trip! I am extremely disappointed with this kind of service.

John T Syd Aug 29, 2016

I would suggest noone use Air China for Long Haul flights. They are exceptionally poor at deivering on the basics required by travelers especially with Children.

They received a brand new pram, failed to load it in Sydney and then delivered a smashed pram to use for our trip. They have no interest in guests satisfaction infact they have acused us of being responsible for the issues.
    Furhermore, We were placed in unacceptable seating for overnight flights to ensure a baby may sleep.
    o Emergency lighting set to shine directly onto our son for the duration of the trip from Moscow to Beijing.
    o Eight requests to your cabin team to have this light switched off were refused until I demanded to see a sleeping manager.
    o All previous requests were not fulfilled with staff on three occasions suggesting eye masks for our son as the only alternative.
    o Dismissal of our request in favor of cleaning bathrooms on two occasions.
    o Allocating a single man to travel beside me while I was seated two rows behind my wife ensuring I would not be of assistance.
    • Furthermore when I advised his entertainment system was not operating due to a smashed controller your staff responded “Well I am not a technician. Find an empty seat and watch there”.
    • Advising on each leg of our journey that our baby (who is 9.5 kilos in weight) was too big for a bassinet.
    • Provided food after the remainder of the cabin was served.
    • No blanket provided to our son when the basinet was fitted. Requiring me to do without a blanket from Moscow to Beijing and then a demand to Air China staff on the flight from Beijing to Sydney.
    • Not having suitable restraints in place for our son sleeping in the bassinet. Turbulence was an issue on each of our flights. It was only that I devised a restraint that our son was able to sleep safely.
    • Requirements for our pram to travel in Cargo as advised as a standard of Air China. In fact another passenger’s pram taken at the gate in Beijing had to collect their pram with their baggage due to AIr China placing the baggage in cargo.

In short we have been offered $50.00 and a half baked job on repairing our new pram. They are without a doubt the worst air line in the world. There is a reason they cant charge for service... They dont provide any! As a member of Star Allinace the Alliance has done nothing either. Seriously consider your endorsment of poor service by paying either the Alliance or Air China your hard earnt cash...

• Ca
    Carmelita Manuzon Apr 08, 2016

Hi,
    I arrived at Heathrow airport on March 15, 2016.
    My baggage wast lost. I failed a claim but I still have not heard from Air China. I went to the airport for several times to asked for a help to the staffs of Air China but they game me an email address and phone number. I was trying to contact the phone number they game me leave a hundred messages. I got no reply. I sent an email to the email address. I got no reply either. I'm so desperate to have my laggage all my personal items are there.
    Today is the 8th of April and I don't have my baggage yet. It's been a long time more than 3 weeks.
    Is there an official compensation from Air China for each day baggage delayed?
    Is there a higher authority to refort lost baggage, besides Air China?