Agoda — special promotion was misleading
We recently travelled Asia and booked a few times via Agoda. For one hotel they advertised a special promotion "stay three and pay only two nights". The promotion was valid in the period we were staying there.
We could not figure out how we could benefit from this promotion. When we tried to book, we only saw full price. So we sent an email to Agoda Customer support and received a reply that we should check the period when the promotion was valid, book the rooms and when the period was valid ask for a refund later.
To make a long story short: when we asked for the refund they had all kinds of different excuses. The 'post-sales' department sent us one-liners with different reasons why they would not pay for the refund.
So in the end we feel cheated and MISLEAD, by both the refusal to get the refund, but also about the bad after-sales.
Agoda is maybe easy to book, but beware that you never have to ask for a refund, not for a promotion or for a change of schedule. When your creditvard is charged, the money is gone.
More Agoda Complaints & Reviews
- Agoda - reservation
- Agoda - you cannot update your personal info with agoda
- Agoda - payment taken but no booking!
- Agoda.com - cancellation policy
- Agoda - fraud
- Agoda Company - voucher gift card
- Agoda - unfair charges
- Hotel Booking Online - meal options
- Agoda Company - hotel reservation for budapest charged on cc but no reservation made
- Agoda - don't use debit card with agoda!!