AfrihostUnethical overcharging

N May 21, 2020

We are private domestic users in Rondebosch Cape Town. At the end of April, (almost a month ago) quite by chance I happened to look at our internet profile and our invoicing. I realised that there was a package (the call Pure Fiber) that was R500 a month cheaper than our package (Open Service Premium Account) for the same internet speed. I called them (that in itself is a process) and determined that the product was in fact better for the lower price. In other words there was no catch. They claimed that they had advertised this new product and they claimed to have sent us emails. We cannot find any proof of emails (not even in our junk boxes).

I have lodged a complaint. My reasoning is that they knew full well that I could get the same product for R500 a month less, yet they continued to charge me the higher price. They could have changed my contract automatically and waited for me to complain that I was paying less. Instead the chose the low road and ripped me off over 10 months. Internet providers have long over charged customers and this is an example of blatant unethical over pricing. I would be unsurprised if there are plentiful other cases just like mine...

• Mi
    Mike_Hallauer Sep 19, 2020

I have exactly the same problem that I have only discovered now in September 2020!
    It is simply not ethical business practice whatsoever to send me an email which is effectively saying "This is to let you know that we are currently overcharging you big time for your subscription and we will knowingly continue to do so if you don’t receive or notice this email and act accordingly to request that your subscription be adjusted to the going market rate”

Plain and simple.