Aflacshort term disability

B Jan 07, 2019

The duck commercials are very entertaining but not completely truthful. I guess I am guilty of not reading the fine print but I think an 8 yr policy holder deserves better.

I broke my ankle in 2014 & was advised to have a plate & multiple screws. The pain persisted & as a matter of fact the Otho doc told me that he didn't think he did me much good. I suffered through until late 2016 when I was then advised to have total joint replacement. In January 2016 I had the surgery. I went through the Physical Therapy & returned to my part-time job (semi-retired). The pain later returned & in November 2018 sought yet another Ortho doc. After multiple x-rays, MRI's & bone scans I was told that replacement joint was lose. The doc & I agreed that a revision/replacement was necessary. I researched the manufacturer but found no evidence of class action suits for product failure.

The surgery was performed on 12/7. As I am currently in recovery & will start PT soon. I sent over 30 pages of documentation to Aflac. I received payment of $190 & $300. With this being a 10 week period off work, I knew that I couldn't pay my bills like the commercials boasted. So, I contacted Aflac only to discover that revisions aren't covered. Since I am only part-time, I make nothing during the 10 weeks.

2014 surgery pay out was $698
2017 surgery pay out was $1, 098
2018 surgery pay out was $490

Cook the duck & don't paint a false sense of security.

RESOLVED

• Aflac's response · Jan 08, 2019

Hi Bob,
    I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help. I would like for Aflac's Contact Center to address your concerns, please email [protected]@aflac.com so we can assist you. When you email us, please include the following in the subject line of your email: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/aflac-short-term-disability-c1094151.html
    Aflac policyholders should provide at least two of the following: Address, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of Employer.
    Aflac Phyllis