United HealthCare Services Logo

United HealthCare Services

Having problems with United HealthCare Services?

United HealthCare Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 7, 2008. The latest review United Healthcare Choice Plus was posted on Nov 22, 2021. The latest complaint laid off permanently due to outsourcing - and problems because of that was resolved on Jul 03, 2014. United HealthCare Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 368 reviews. United HealthCare Services has resolved 49 complaints.

United HealthCare Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 545 5205 (Customer Service)
+1 866 414 1959 (Members With Health Plans)
+1 800 523 5800 (Medicare Supplement Plan)
+1 800 657 8205 (Members with Short Term Insurance)
+1 877 856 2429 (Individual Exchange Marketplace Members)
+1 877 988 9378 (TRICARE West Region Beneficiaries)
+1 833 827 5227 (For Employers)
+1 877 856 2430 (SHOP Exchange Marketplace Plans)
+1 800 496 5881 (Medicare - Group Retiree)
+1 888 842 4571 (Brokers & Consultants)
+1 800 980 5213 (Health Insurance for Individuals & Families)
9900 Bren Rd E Mn008-T-615
Hopkins, Minnesota
United States - 55343-4402

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United HealthCare Services Customer Service. Initial United HealthCare Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United HealthCare Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United HealthCare Services. Discuss the issues you have had with United HealthCare Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United HealthCare Services Complaints & Reviews

United HealthCare ServicesUnited Healthcare Choice Plus

I was diagnosed coverage for a very aggressive form of breast cancer with a rapidly growing tumor and United Healthcare is denying my chemo.
They paid for the surgery to implant the chemo port, but they're denying the chemo itself. Are you kidding me. It's being administered at a private practice, not even at a hospital. Just ridiculous. A company that large should be prepared to pay for breast cancer. Its very predictable treatment. This is discrimination against women.

Nov 11, 2021

United HealthCare Services — Advance refill for extended vacation

Requested Dr Pre Authorization - Oct 21 for Eliquis and Allopurinol, request disappeared from system. Talked...

United HealthCare ServicesMedicare rx pdp

Member ID [protected]
    James H Thrash

You Terminated my RX coverage, that I had for 7 years, for nonpayment because you changed, April 2021, the address you pull for billing to a 2 year prior address. I did not know that the representative had not updated the mailing address two years ago when I notified them of my move. They had always sent the bill to the primary address but once they change to mailing address in April 2021 I no longer received a bill. So three months later I get a phone call telling me that my account is being turned over to collection. The representative told me that if I paid the delinquent amount I would be reinstated but that was not the case they would not reinstate me so I have a gap of five months with no coverage which will cause a penalty from a new RX coverage Company. Totally your fault.

Nov 02, 2021

United HealthCare Services — Supplemental medicare insurance

I joined the UHC AARP Select G Plan over a year ago. The statement by UHC in a document named...

United HealthCare ServicesDoctors, customer Svc reps

United Healthcare has been worst insurance provider ever!! Drs in their network yell and hang up in patients faces, Doctors discuss negatively about patients with other bad doctors!! HIPPA violation. Customer Svc reps are unknowledgeable, rude, uncaring and unhelpful to say the best!!! My doctor has done nothing except benefited financially from me in over 3years!! I've requested new doctor for 6months now??? Good luck!! Huh!!! All she good for is yelling and then hanging up in your face, then discussing you with her other doctor inept doctor friends??? This doctors refusal to address my medical needs has landed me in ER twice, where my BP was 248/130 something; then, 234/116 less than a week ago. Trying to get help from United Healthcare is to no avail??? I'm leaving this money grubbing company. Good luck & God Bless whoever stays with United Healthcare!!! The horror stories from everybody I met that use them, is endless. What a shame.

Doctors, customer Svc reps

Oct 08, 2021

United HealthCare Services — Documentation of all UHC payments in 2019 Medicare Part D

I called UHC at [protected]. All I wanted were my 2019 records. I asked for my detailed payment records and...

United HealthCare Services95165 serums for allergies

We are a Specialty office for Allergy. Every time we billed United Healthcare for allergy serums, they are paid, then taken back. Even when they ask for medical records, the response we get back doesn't match the records we sent. It's like they are making up nonsense and then retracting the money. EVERY claim for serums (95165). There is no respresenative to contact. No one in claims know what to do and I can't get a hold of a supervisor. All patients benefits are checked before services rendered and this is a covered benefit.

Dr. Warren Pleskow NPI [protected]

United HealthCare ServicesClaims

I am writing behalf of Samaritan Counseling Center, Illinois. We are currently owed approximately $10, 000+ in which the payments were issued via checks and virtual credit cards but never reached us. I have talked to numerous representatives from UBH and Optum pay that keep stating they see my calls and are reissuing the payments. Optum keeps saying that we have to speak to UBH since some of them are over 13 months old. When we do get someone we can be on the phone for an hour and then get disconnected and never receive a call back, why take my number if you don't call back??? We need someone that will handle this matter and handle it promptly!!

I will not upload EOB's due to HIPPA!!

Respond

United HealthCare ServicesDental. Last phase of implant crown being denied payment by uhc to hitzel dental [protected]

Two implants under plan in 2020 were approved, implants are a multi step procedure over time that went into 2021 for last phase of crown onto metal implant is now being denied code payment although the codes are approved 5 years in length in code book at dental office. After many, many months of stall & denial by UHC, got an answer other than not right codes, that Medicare as of Jan., 2021 supposedly is only paying for crowns onto existing tooth and not metal implant screw. (2020 contract for these implants were to be fully paid under my HMO, UHC plan and not to be changed in mid stream or at the final phase of the procedure, this is basic contract law, and i'm now being denied completion of the full implant process) William J. Gozza Utopian Dr E. #119, Clearwater, FL. 33763...[protected] Member ID [protected] Health Plan #[protected] (HMO D-SNP)
            Dual Complete LP-FL

United HealthCare ServicesUnited healthcare unethical behavior

Erica Essner
              656 10th Street
              Brooklyn NY 11215
              [protected]@icloud.com
              [protected]

Dear United Health Care:

I am writing to discuss a financial issue and possible lawsuit I am considering bringing to United for failing to keep me enrolled in my insurance when I had paid my premium.

I am writing this letter to inform you of two clerical errors that occurred on behalf of UNITED HEALTHCARE which left me uninsured in a pandemic for six months, and then later in 2021 when I signed on to a new plan through the New York State Market place.

I was on cobra for four years after my divorce in 2016 through ADP Total Source through July 2019. In June 2020, ADP Total source informed me that they would terminate my insurance in July 2020. In June 2020, I then went to the New York State Health Market place to enroll in a individual plan with United compass gold. Since ADP did not cancel my cobra United was unable to start the new plan. I spent the next 6 months on the phone with the New York State Marketplace and United. United representatives could not track the policy, nor could they re-enroll the me in individual insurance as they were not able to find the records. This cost me endless hours on the phone with United and uninsured during a pandemic from July 2019 -December 2019.

I finally was enrolled in December 2020 with Compass Gold. I went to re-enroll for 2021 and for some reason was not re-enrolled and was again left uninsured for the month of January 2021. I then left united for Empire.

I am seeking re-imbursement for my time uninsured from June 2019-December 2019 and
              Reimbursement for the three weeks in January 2021 I paid my insurance, but it was not processed.

These accounts should all be reviewable Erica Essner 4/21/62 SS#[protected]

I would like to avoid litigation and look forward to hearing from you.

Best

Erica Essner

United Compass GoldMember ID [protected] group 0755 481

United HealthCare ServicesOutsourcing

I want to add to the list of complaints about outsourcing customer service. I am a healthcare provider and can barely understand the customer service rep as she is clearly not a native english speaker. She promised to send me a code so I could log in to my provider account within 15 minutes and it did not arrive. She probably misunderstood my name spelling. Their websites are complex and I could not log in nor did it say that I needed a code. Unacceptable.

United HealthCare ServicesInsurance Fraud

I called and inquired if my place of business needed to do a retroactive PA for services provided. Jaycee from UHC informed me that I needed to alter dates of services provided in order to have services covered. I spoke with Jaycee for 1 hour on 8.24.21 call ended 11:50am. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for 15 min. Then told the supervisor was busy and they would call me back.

1 Response
                    • Su
                      Susan Huitt Aug 31, 2021

Have you heard back from the supervisor?

United healthcare can’t have you or anyone else alter dates of service. I worked for a division of United Health Group at Optumhealth. UHG is fully aware that these actions as I understand them from your report are fraudulent. Keep calling and push it, call every hour if you need too! Don’t give up!

If you have problems you can contact the EBSA to obtain assistance as they regulate all divisions of United Health group parent company over United healthcare insurance provider.

United HealthCare ServicesHouse calls rewards card physical

I am getting very disgusted and annoyed with United healthcare. I've called him up at least five or six times during the last month about my complaint. About 2 months ago I received a letter from United healthcare to receive a Visa rewards card for $25 if I have a medical person give me a physical I did that about 6 weeks ago and they just sent me a $15 gift card about a month ago I've called and complained as I said at least five or six times until my wouldn't have never had anybody come over my house to give me a physical I would have never wasted my time for a mere 15 dollars, somebody at United healthcare customer service told me it's no use writing agreement that they are not going to give me the other $10 at I feel I am old since the letter that I received about 2 months ago said $25 not $15 I know how to read unfortunately I believe I might have put the letter and recycling I did not think that I would need to keep it for proof.

United HealthCare Servicesmedical care services

i Elson M DeBarros, i am filling this complaint, rquesting fear tratment, and a medical treatment . i am in contact with united health care costomer service, the are uneble to help me out, i request to speck with high level of costomer support, costomer service agent refuse my request, the also say i need to talk with jose medrano, this person never respond my call for 4 months .

Respond

United HealthCare ServicesCustomer Service (Dept of Customer Obstacles)

Company is forcing my calls to the Service Navigator department, where they refuse to do anything at all helpful. Today I attempted to contact OptumRx (their mail-order pharmacy) by using the automated phone tree, but instead I ended up talking to a Service Navigator who refused to help me and refused to transfer me to OptumRx. Apparently in this ginormous corporation I'm confined to getting help from only one person and she's on vacation. Never mind the fact that she's already refused to do anything for me, and she's likely not coming back anyway. This company is accepting payment as if they actually provide services, while doing absolutely nothing but constructing obstacles since last December. They must be forced to refund every penny they've collected this year for my care … those are improperly-received funds.

2 Responses
                          • Su
                            Susan Huitt Aug 31, 2021

Contact the EBSA and see if they can refer you to the appropriate governing agency.

Look on the website to view what logos are on it and and call them as well. Click the link and it should display details. I was a employee who had a internal appeal going on that they refused to address. So the EBSA was my contact point. Look at the EOB and read who they recommend for you to speak with. You can elevate to the executive team if necessary. Or call their ethics and compliance team.

• Mk
                            MKHarrison Sep 02, 2021

@Susan Huitt I’m not an employee and my coverage is not an employee benefit. What can EBSA do for me? How do I escalate to the executive or ethics & compliance teams? I can’t find contact information for either, searching for those is what led me here. Please point me in the right direction.

United HealthCare ServicesNot able to get Explanation of benefits and website was down and customer service doesn't work

Greetings!
                          I have united Healthcare medial insurance and I was reaching out to get Explanation of benefits for the service and the customer service number on the back of my card is not work and the number doesn't exists. When I googled and called United Healthcare, the Customer service agents were pretty rude and direct me to other non-working number. Spent almost 10 days trying to talk but no success. My provider (Edward hospital) has charged me a huge bill $9921 and need your help to fix this issue

United HealthCare ServicesHouse call physical

About 2, months ago I received a letter from United healthcare house call, service to earn a $25 visa gift card, so about 6 weeks ago I had someone come by to give me the physical, I called and was told it was only $15 .. not so !! My letter said $25, I feel like I am being scammed.very dishonest.they owe me $10.!!I've called at least 4 times this past month

Aug 09, 2021

United HealthCare Services — Overpayment not refunded and dental coverage issues

Due to a problem with my online bill pay service, UHC has received $76.00 a month even though my payment i...

United HealthCare ServicesDelaying prescription drug approval for a patient

I have been taking Ozempic 1 mg dose for about a year. When we got coverage with United HealthCare, we were told that it needed prior authorization. The doctor went through and filled out the required paperwork and the drug was approved. Recently the company that makes the drug (Novo Nordisk) changed the packaging from a 2 dose pen to a 4 dose pen. The drug has not changed nor has the dosage, but the NDC number changed. United HealthCare then required that the approval process be started all over again. This time, although my doctor assures me that she has filled out the paperwork again, United HealthCare still has not approved the medication. Nothing has changed in my medical history, so I am at a loss to understand why they have not approved it. Now, due to the fact that I have not been able to take the medication, my blood sugar is out of control.

Aug 02, 2021

United HealthCare Services — Denied of claims

This company I am working for has been around for almost twenty years, the company helps prevent emergency...