United HealthCare Services Logo

United HealthCare Services

Having problems with United HealthCare Services?

United HealthCare Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 545 5205 (Customer Service)
+1 866 414 1959 (Members With Health Plans)
+1 800 523 5800 (Medicare Supplement Plan)
+1 800 657 8205 (Members with Short Term Insurance)
+1 877 856 2429 (Individual Exchange Marketplace Members)
+1 877 988 9378 (TRICARE West Region Beneficiaries)
+1 833 827 5227 (For Employers)
+1 877 856 2430 (SHOP Exchange Marketplace Plans)
+1 800 496 5881 (Medicare - Group Retiree)
+1 888 842 4571 (Brokers & Consultants)
+1 800 980 5213 (Health Insurance for Individuals & Families)
9900 Bren Rd E Mn008-T-615
Hopkins, Minnesota
United States - 55343-4402

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United HealthCare Services Customer Service. Initial United HealthCare Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United HealthCare Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United HealthCare Services. Discuss the issues you have had with United HealthCare Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

United HealthCare ServicesLack of attention to repeated requests for help.

My daughter has been with Blue Sky Neurology since August of 2020. She has attempted to fill her prescription of Botox for my severe migraines for months now. They write back occasionally after she writes them telling her it is in review with you all. It has been under review for over 2 months. They say we can't do anything to facilitate the process. I am frustrated and he is in pain. They have been totally unavailable throughout our experience - you can't even get a person in person on the phone. I do not recommend them they are not efficient and very unprofessional. Please send a new neurologist name to us for future care. I tried to access my records on their site but of course I can't due to some problem.

United HealthCare Servicesmy payments by check are not being processed

I make payments usually at least a week before due date.
    starting last month, united healthcare is not processing my
    payments.
    I cannot afford to lose coverage due to payments not being processed. what is the problem with making payments by check?
    please look into this!
    last month I had to call united healthcare and make my payment on the phone using a credit card. I cancelled my check and the bank charged me $35.00
    united healthcare didn't even contact me to inform me
    they hadn't received my payments.

United HealthCare ServicesHelp Line

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing this as I sit on hold waiting to take the survey your automatic system asked me to which at his point I have to believe isn't going to happen. Things just changed, a woman named Julie just came on the line and asked if she could help me, when I told her I'd been waiting to take the survey she said this line wasn't meant for surveys and asked was there anything else she could help me with I said no thank you, good bye, and I would include her in my registration form. Anyway the reason I even bothered to write this is because whomever it was I spoke to first had in my opinion kept me from taking the survey as I suspect people have complained about him being hard to understand and rude, God knows that may not be the case but since I'm here I'll tell you what else bothers me!
      The reason for my call originally was to find out why my prescription price that averaged around $250 was now $409. You can imagine my surprise when being told you will no longer cover my end of life medication because I've been on it to long. The fact there was no warning, which ended up costing me loads of frustration and time and is being done by United Health Care, a company ranked 7th on the Fortune 500 list and the largest healthcare company in the world with 2019 revenues of $242.2 billion is a dirty shame!

Sincerely,

• Updated by Michael Henkle · Jan 19, 2021

A very sad state of affairs indeed!

United HealthCare ServicesDenial of Claim

Service Date - 7/21/20
        Client # [protected]
        Denial of out of network provider for hysterectomy with complications. They paid for hospital (in network) where procedure was performed, in fact, my doctor has a special operating suite there and brings in many new patients. My doctor requires his payment up front which was $15, 000.
        I thought I would receive at least some of that amount back from UnitedHeathcare.
        Payment was $1, 798.34 which went to my out of network deductible. I appealed and it looks like doctor used wrong identification numbers. Looks like United Healthcare will get away with not paying any of the original $15, 000.

United HealthCare ServicesStat order called in for nebulizer and not received

I have COVID right now. My Dr. called in a STAT order to both Preferred home care and the insurance company - United that I needed this ASAP. This fiasco has been going on since 1/8/21 and here it is 1/14/21 and I still do not have a nebulizer to help keep me alive with my covid. As I am typing this, I have been on hold with United Health for almost an hour.

United HealthCare ServicesMonthly statements

Over the last 4 months I have had to repeatedly call attempting to get my monthly RX statement which is supposed to be mailed to me. Customer service reps have verified that I am to receive my monthly invoices in the mail and I am promised that this would be corrected. It has not been. Today is January 14th and I have called twice asking for my January statement which they say they will/have mailed. I have no other issues with anyone in terms of receiving my mail on time and I continue to receive other things in the mail from UHC so blaming it on COVID is unacceptable. Furthermore, it takes forever to get through the voice mail "tree" before I am finally connected with someone. Today I asked for a supervisor or manager right away from Selene who then transferred me to Ladarrius who is not a supervisor or manager but promised he would connect me with the right person. I then went through the phone tree again after a long hold and was connected with Velda who is not a supervisor/manager. What does it take ???It is so frustrating and not the level of customer service that I will tolerate any longer. Furthermore, the website for getting invoices on line is ridiculous. It says my password/sign in is invalid. I go through the process of getting a new password, it works the one time, I write the password down and the next time I attempt to log in it tells me my sign in/password is invalid. It is a piece of junk.

United HealthCare ServicesMedicare.gov

To Whom May Concern, I hope complaint going to the right placed. I was assigned a health plan did not I repeat did not give no authorization at all to the one is responsible for this. I called AT&T company and United Healthcare on Jan. 6 2021 was told going to take care of this with Medicare.gov, in 24hours the way assigned this the way they have to undo, my coverage i had Medicare removed until who did this mess fixed it. This is not a game at this moment I have no medicare coverage I have Parkinson need my medicine have Doctor app. this is a emergency I spoke with Rep from AT&T just have her first name Linda, and first name Laura Unitedhealth care she is the person who said 24hours would take care with Medicare to undo or take me off . I just wanted to follow this up with a complaint. Plan assign UnitedHealthCare Group Medicare advantage(PPO) (H2001-837) and I live for 23 years in Puerto Rico. I hope this get taken care right away. Ann Falcon, 555 Sect La Mula Utuado, P.R. 00641 Birthdate 7/13/1952. Phone# [protected]. My health could have a set back. I hope this will be taken care as soon as possible. Thank-you!

United HealthCare ServicesUMR Insurance Plan is a total RIP OFF!

Just want everyone to know this company is almost a scam when it comes to insurance. Doesn't want to pay for anything, make the process long and hard to get anything authorized, gives wrong information. I'm not sure how this company still exists with how they rip people off. My company switched policies last year and ever since getting stuck with this we have lost so much money and had so many things denied that had never been a problem before. Avoid this "insurance" company at all costs!!! They won't cover anything and will only give you a headache!

United HealthCare ServicesInappropriate denial

Mitzi McMurray, Reference# A112213482, DOB 7/13/63, DOS 12/24 to 12/26
                  Admitted 12/24/20 through the ER for new onset Atrial Flutter at 133 with history of congential atrial septal defect, received four IV doses of Cardizem. She was also positive for COVID. She stayed for two days for rate control and intiation of two new medications. Called in to UHC 12/28 and clinical faxed on 12/28. Case reviewed by J. Gatica CM [protected], case denied, no explanation for the decision, peer to peer offered.
                  This case is one of three cases for UHC admitted on 12/24/20 that were denied and a peer to peer offered.
                  It is inappropriate to ask the attending Dr. to take away from care of the COVID patients to complete peer to peer reviews on all three of these admits.

United HealthCare ServicesMask

I received a packet information that listed a change to my policy. Included was a complimentary face mask to be used in re to Coronavirus. I threw it out, as it was "made in China." Didn't know whether to laugh at the irony or be insulted that the country that infected us with the virus came from there. Do you really believe that a "face mask" from there could be trusted to provide any protection whatsoever. Expect if I had it analyzed, might find it defective or polluted in some manner.

United HealthCare ServicesUnethical behavior, refusing payment, stalling with paying doctors

We used UHC for 1 year. During that time, I broke my ankle. After receiving treatment with several medical staff, we received numerous statements that it's our responsibility to pay full coverage. They told us we were using Medicare at the time. We informed them it was only plan A! They paid out to the doctors then took it all back. We had to make over 10 calls over several months explaining to them they were the only health care plan we used!

United HealthCare ServicesBilling

I received a bill for Part D. I have not received Part B from Social Security.
                        You can not bill me due to not have Part B from Social Security.

Billing

United HealthCare ServicesSpread of misinformation

I just started my insurance with UMR back in latte August. I had to make an appointment with an endocrinologist and wanted to make sure I would owe nothing out of pocket once I had an appointment. I called UMR as well as the Dr.'s office and they both assured me there was no out of pocket pay. I then go to the appointment on 9/23 and receive a bill from the office in November stating I owe 140 dollars. I call UMR immediately and am told to ignore the bill and it will be fixed. If there are any issues I was told I'd receive a call back. Never received a call and got another bill in the mail today from the same provider. Had to call UMR myself and was told the claim was denied because they are a tier 2 provider and I had to pay the deductible. Had I known that was the case I would have never gone to this provider, that is why I made sure to verify it with the both of them before I even went to the appointment. Now I am expected to pay that bill after I did repeatedly asked and inquired. I believe UMR needs to pay the 140 dollars and further educate employees to mention that when someone calls specifically asking if I am going to be expected to pay.

Dec 05, 2020

United HealthCare Services — Billing/provider services

Member ID [protected] Member: Mathew Sheridan DOB 7/16/77 Bill: pediatric after hours care for Benjamin...

United HealthCare Services3 horrible conversations I had today with them

I have finally had it with UHC and I'm moving on at the beginning of the week to "anyone else" that can offer help with my scripts.
                            What really burned me up was their "stay on the line after the call" to take their SURVEY. When they notice a bit of displeasure in your voice - there will be NO SURVEY for you. Before I get into that I also had a very trying time with another "Tier ??" medication. They put you through hell and today was with another one. I am awaiting surgery next month and have severe spinal stenosis and the pain is intolerable so I asked if I could get it filled a few "days" earlier. GOD FORBID. The more I type the madder I get

United HealthCare ServicesCustomer service / sales medicare advantage plans

I am writing to complain about the rude and unprofessional way I was treated by one your sales agents, Nicholas Sanchez, when I called (11/18 at about 12:30 pm EDT from zip code 29464) about information on signing up for one of your Medicare Advantage Plans. I have had a United Medicare Supplement Plan for nearly 11 years and I could not be more pleased by your coverage and service. Mr. Sanchez did not tell me until I was about ready to sign up for the Advantage Plan that I would lose my Supplement Plan and probably never get it back. As a senior citizen I believe it is critical that this is understood from the beginning. Mr. Sanchez then told me that I was wasting his time and that he had "enough of me." Someone should remind him it is a competitive world out there with little patience for his arrogance. Please note I am reporting this complaint to the insurance professionals at AARP who support United's Supplement Plan Service.

Oct 26, 2020

UnitedHealthcare — Pool quality member plan service and follow through with member

I already sent a letter to regarding my denial by the medical group to: dirk mcmahon, anne docimo, brian...

Oct 20, 2020

United HealthCare Services — Customer service

My name is Rachel S. Rivera dela Rosa new Bray. I have two main complaints. 1. The attitude and demeaner of...

Oct 20, 2020

United Health Care — Customer service

I have been trying to get a billing situation resolved for months with Tekwani Vision Center in St. Charle...

Oct 02, 2020

United Healthcare — rx plan

I have an Rx plan with United Healthcare called "AARP MEDICARE SAVER PLUS". Medicaid has enrolled me...