Menu
Aflac
reviews & complaints

Aflac
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

146 complaints
42 resolved 104 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Aflac. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:57 pm

Aflac - claims and payment

I filed an accident claim on Oct 23 with Aflac. I work for myself and I have a residential cleaning company. I was moving furniture to sweep the rugs and I developed a sharp Right quadrant pain, as I continued repetitive movement with my job the pain continued. I notified my doctor he ordered a CT scan which showed an umbilical Hernia. My doctors ordered more tests to be sure there was nothing else. When the tests returned It also showed my Gallbladder was not functioning properly. I was then sent to a surgeon. On October 19, 2017, I had Gallbladder removal and hernia surgery. My claim for the Hernia was denied. I am over disappointed with Aflac, their customer service, claims Dept and Supervisors. I have spent numerous hours on the phone and not 1 resolution. I gave them the authority to call and and my doctor if this was a pre -existing condion and if my job caused the hernia. I offered to send copies of prior Ct scans showing this is a current injury from my job. In my accident handbook Hernia is listed. I was working, moving furniture and the sharp pain developed so I contacted my doctor. You do not need to be a brain surgeon to see moving furniture can cause a hernia. It was not there in prior CT scans. This was new, it was never there and i was moving furniture to sweep. I am so tired of repeating the same words to each and every Aflac person. Some can be very rude and quick to their own assumptions. I pay my premiums on time and hernia is in the book. Once again I was on the job. I was told today after I forced the supervisor to contact the Drs office that she does not know how long this will take. Are you serious? You like your premiums on time and you claim to offer help, one day pay, claim resolutions... Maybe you need to stand by your word and understand a Hernia that was not there prior and that when a person seeks medical attention while on the job and a hernia is found it's an accident.A Job related accident. An injury from an accident that occured while on the job. The reference # is LO4WRTL Policy # is POC23839. I feel I am entitled to this claim. I am tired of aflac employees explaing to me their opinions. I am still limited because of my job. Right there key word. Job.. My lifting restricions will be gradually increased because I had a hernia. Job related hernia. Maybe your employees should become better educated & with more empathy.. Instead of being dictators who make false promises to help settle a claim

11:13 pm

Aflac - policy

I got aflac thru my employer... Well i quit there in april. I just recently returned to that employer in october... Aflac took my first 2 checks to go back on what i didnt pay.. I wasnt working there so the ins should of been canceled but it wasnt. I didnt even get anything in the mail about not making payments either. I didnt have the ins from april when i quit til i came back... Why do i need to pay for sonething that should of got canceled..

T
2:29 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Services was Bad. I was thinking about the Aflac Insurance at my Office No would never put our Employee's through what my husband had to go through. Bad Services. My Husband went through so much to do his claim and he was talked to bad. Wasn't friendly at all and the agent, was no good. They tried so hard to stop the claim and still he didn't get all his money. He was out of work 2 month's and that's how long it took.

1:48 am

Aflac - claim cancellation

First of all let me say I have been an AFLAC customer for over 20 years. During this time there have been a few claims that they have denied for one reason or another and I have been fine with that. The last two weeks, however, I have submitted 2 accident claims, two weeks apart. Upon submitting the claim and documentation for the smart claim I have received emails indicating that AFLAC has received these items. Several hours later I log into the AFLAC website and the claim has mysteriously disappeared. All I receive is a form email from AFLAC when I question it, put one never ending hold when I call to check, and my agent is beyond worthless.

K
4:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband had a lobectomy in march 2017, I submitted a claim in april, provided over ten years worth of medical records that are completely unrelated, the send letter saying they closed claim pending receipt of records they already received; resent records and they reopened claim in august, and it is now the end of october (7 months since surgery) and...

N
6:57 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been calling on this same issue since June 6, 2017. I have a cancer policy that was family coverage with my daughter. She turned 26 in August and was no longer eligible to be covered under my policy. I wanted to purchase a policy for her. After 6 phone calls and completing several different forms I got someone to send me the property form and I wa...

11:07 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been going round and round with AFLAC on policy P0F3D0V9. Over and over I continue to run across inconsistency and incompetent claims representatives. Aflac continues to drop the ball in my claims processing with no empathy or remorse. I have been giving incorrect information on multiple occasions and found errors in the processing of claim.

12:13 pm

Aflac - claims processing

I have experienced the absolute worse claims handling and service on the following policies; P0F3D0VD and PU316775. Claims handling has been unethical and unsatisfactory . There has been no consistency in claims processing. I had to all the work myself. No one has called me back or followed through with commitment. I almost feel an attorney is need

V
10:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did try to get coverage through my husband's employer. I was given a name of a representative, I spoke with him many times, he was terrible, he did not call my husband's boss for confirmation, I had to have the boss call him. This person kept telling me he was going to go to my husband's place of employment and meet with him and discuss his products with...

10:48 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

For no apparent reason all my account work was transferred from me, no notice, zero communication, just all my hard work gone to someone else, tried reaching out for answers from them, Aflac Trust, silence. If this is how agents in good standing get treated I'd hate to see what can happen if an agent actually messed up. Lawsuit pending dependent on answers

Y
8:02 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In May 2017, I called Aflac and opened an Aflac accident policy. Then, I realized I didn't need the policy because my employer provided accidental insurance. So I called the next day to cancel the policy, and asked them to send me a cancellation notice. The customer service rep stated a noticed isn't needed due to the policy hasn't been created yet. In...

C
1:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a meeting with an Aflac agent by the name of Joshua West Aflac insurance company agent I was interested in getting a life insurance policy meeting went extremely well until the end we were walking to our cars he opened his car door and it smelled like weed I asked him about that he said that it's legal to smoke weed here in Las Vegas NV but only if...

Z
6:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In trying to cancel or get information on how to cancel my insurance, James Tuber and Roger Sass Jr, were both very unhelpful and actually told me there was nothing they could do for me but in one phone call to Aflac a simple representative was able to get the job done. They basically lied to me and both James Tuber and Roger Sass Jr are good for absolutely nothing!

C
10:46 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Aflac did not honor their agreement. I had open heart surgery and they did not feel this was a good enough reason to miss work. I signed on with AFLAC with a policy that covered temporary disability totaling $2000.00 per month for 3 months if I was to miss work due to sickness or injury. I unfortunately had to have open heart surgery and missed 6 weeks of...

3:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our facility has a long term disability carrier and I have expressed that to the representative who continues to come to our emergency hospital. We do not want any further solicitation from mr. Robert beegel or any other aflac representative. Please remove 75 sunrise hwy, west islip ny 11795 from your sales persons visit list. This in now being considered...

View 0 more photos
7:54 am

Aflac - my disability ck

I have been a loyal customer with Aflac since 2004 with three policies that I pay for each pay period. I recently fell ill and had file disabilty claim with Aflac for the very first time ever. I received one disability ck. I put in for continuance of disability everything summoned properly as I did the first time and here we go with the run around . With all the excuses from this is not ledgable to the employer didn't put a date of return. The employer wouldn't know the date of return if the doctor has me out indefinity right now until my health is better and I am until to return. I am so over this place . Now the excuse is we must verify by speaking with the employer that your not at work. Hello it's already been verified when they sent aflac the emploget a statement form. Does anyone know who to contact? I've tried to work it out with this company but at this point I will have to seek legal representation. As well as file a complaint with the Attorney General's office and banking and insurancing. this is definitly an act of fraud.

10:04 am

Aflac - newest tv commercial

The dr. , laughing, at a patient, about to undergo surgery, who will have sell his father's corvette (I believe) because he cannot afford health care is not, I repeat, not, funny at all, and you all know why, as health care is already not affordable, whoever in advertising/marketing dept. Thought of the idea, and approved the commercial for release, needs to be fired for insensitivety, totally tasteless.

L
10:51 pm

Aflac - television commercial

Being a registered nurse, I find your newest television commercial in the operating room where a patient is about to undergo surgery to be extremely offensive.

Your portrayal that patients are made fun of after they go under is unquestionably misleading regarding the conduct of healthcare professionals, not to mention fearful to patients.

Shame on you...

P
10:42 am

Aflac - payment not received

It is beyond frustrating to have supplementary insurance that is suppose to help you when out of pocket expenses occur. Aflac has yet to pay me since I've filed a Cancer Claim. It has been one thing after another. First I was told my coverage would not cover Cancer then another representative said, yes I do have coverage and I need to file a claim immediately. She even helped me submit the forms and required documentation and now waaayyy after 14 days I am being question about a pre-existing condition, I have medical documentation that I have been recently diagnosed with Cancer, who would lie about something like that!?! I am terrified, scared, depressed and financially struggling because I can barely work. On top of being sick Aflac has yet to pay me. I guess when an unexpected illness happens, Aflac doesn't really step in like they say they would. I just want to be paid so I can pay my bills and my mortgage. I hate being sick and thought that Aflac was going to help was the only good thing about this sickness, but they're letting me down. Please just help me, especially since I've invested into your business.

1 comment
Jul 02, 2019 12:06 am

A FLAG has refused to pay for a stay in an assisted living policy since March 2019. Except for 2000, I have not been allowed to used the inflation fighter which I have been paying for since 1995.

F
1:42 pm
Replied
Aflac has left an official reply on this complaint.

Aflac - Aflac long term care policy (Outdated definitions and terms!)

My parents paid premiums for older Aflac LTC policies for many years. My father died before he could use his policy and now that my 84 year old mother needs her benefits, I’m told that she doesn't qualify because she is in the 'assisted living wing' of the care center rather than the 'nursing home wing'. The company is the SAME, the price is the SAME and the care is the SAME, yet a 150-foot difference in location prevents her from claiming her benefits?

My mother has Alzheimer's that has been diagnosed by a physician.

She requires 24 hour supervision (Custodial Care-as they call it in the benefits section of her policy) and she will never be able to live on her own or return to her home.
Her meals are prepared for her.
She requires assistance bathing, washing her hair and maintaining her surroundings.

The care center has sent several claims to Aflac and they have all been denied based on her 'location'. When I have called to discuss/clarify/appeal her needs related to the claims, I'm given brief generic answers or the wrong answers. Not one representative has said they will reach out to the care center or doctor for more information. Why does Aflac even have an appeals process if they don't investigate or seek out documentation?

Because she has 3 years of 'nursing home' benefits left, our only hope might be to move her to the other wing. Aflac will then be required to pay her benefits, so their current denial will have been and exercise in futility since it won't save their company any money.

The only one that will suffer from the move is my mother. She has high blood pressure and doesn't do well with change. She also enjoys the ladies that join her for meals and she enjoys the view from her window. Moving her will mean new 'ladies' and a new 'view'; neither of which will be beneficial to an Alzheimer's patient.

Oct 10, 2016 11:45 am

Hello Aflac Phyllis. Thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate your offer to help and I will be sending you an email.

1 comment
W
Feb 13, 2022 7:55 am

Similar problem in Nevada in 2022. How was this resolved?

Aflac contacts