Affordable Denturesill fitting upper denture

D

To say the experience at affordable denture is a nightmare is putting it mildly..in july of this yr. I went to affordable denture in albany n. y. for an immediate upper denture I purchased the new denture wearers package..$1, 200.00...5 teeth were extracted temp. shoved in your mouth after extraction, told to rinse with salt water, only instructions given... left there crying, palet too long, teeth look like chicklets, can't see my teeth when I talk, my lip hangs over, it has aged me about 20. yrs... dentist is rude, unsympathetic, she acts like i'm bothering her when i've gone for adjustments... yelled at me yesterday for talking to her receptionist about how unhappy ia am with the service and the denture.. trying to find a dentist to show some one else how disgustibg the denture is.. scraping my tongue, pinching my lip.. feel like i'm having a break down because of this place... so unhappy with every minute I have spent dealing with this place.. will find a way to get my $ back

• Md
    md64 Mar 25, 2016

I went to the Albany office today, [protected] and had good luck with Gloria. I got a new upper and new lower partial, after 6 years from another dentist. they aren't perfect but they are totally acceptable. I let them know exactely what I was looking for, teeth size, and it all came out good. when I was in waiting area, they play messages loud from phone and heard some lady complaining about her dentures and was going to contact BBB and attorney general office. Heard that 5 mins before I went in, and was hoping I wouldn't be doing the same in a few weeks.

• Bu
    Butch Peaston Dec 05, 2015

Trust the above negative complaints!!! they are all true. I still regret my decision to get dentures in this place! They are inconsiderate, sloppy, unprofessional and they have horrible products! I have had my dentures for less then 6 months and have to already get another set. Do not waste your money or yo precious time in this rat hole! Every time I put these terrible dentures in my mouth I cringe because of how terrible they are!!! You get what you pay for. Save your money and sanity and go elsewhere!!

Even more absurd they charged me for an x-ray I didn't need - I didn't have any teeth. Why the hell did I need an -ray ???
    Al Peaston
    Disgusted Albany resident!!

• Avoid at all cost!! Dentist is unprofessional, didnt even introduce herself. Went there to have one tooth removed was quoted a price over the phone and that priced changed when the service was complete with nothing other then the one extraction I went in for.
    She rammed the novocain in my mouth, disregarded the hand signal of discomfort and continued to ram the needle in other areas. Told me I needed several teeth removed and should have it done on that day. My teeth may need a little work but not extractions.

This place is like a revolving door. They do not care about the patient, they just want the money and from as many people they can squeeze in the door on a given day. It's true you get what you pay for. Do yourself a favor, pay the extra money and go to a REAL dentist!

• So
    Someonehereonlinereading May 10, 2011

This is an untrue statement. You may have had a good experience, yes. But unless the impression was taken properly NOT ALL ISSUES can be corrected. IF this were the case, we would be able to walk into walmart and stick some teeth in our mouths. Have you been to dental school?? Have you been in the dental profession? If not, then do not make this statement. I for one, have been. And you CANNOT make this statement, because it is FALSE. Yes, immediates do need adjustments, just like all dentures will because of shrinkage at some point. But DO NOT make statements you KNOW nothing about F8th

• Ms
    msstone58 Apr 15, 2011

well i so agree with everyone i was there today 4/14/11 and i got my dentures and she came in a just shoved in my mouth and it hurt because they were so rough and didn't fit right so i told her about it. then she asked how the dentures were and i told her the teeth felt like sand paper i scraped my tongue on them the inside was rough so she took them and had them fixed they came back worse then before so i told her i was not happy with them and that i couldn't wear them like that she said thats how they r suppose to fit and i freaked out she was so rude to me i just wanted to punch her out. then she said i need to get used to them i said i have had dentures since i was 16 yrs old u don't think i know how dentures should feel. the ones i have now were not like that when i got them 13 yrs ago i told her she said they r worn out i said yes they r now, but they never hurt me when the dentist put them in like these new ones do. she didn't want to do anything to help me she just said i will give u a refund. so i said okay that works for me and then i only get a partial refund. i dont have insurance so it's hard to find someone who is cheap but good...i am gonna complain to the bbb and the attorney general. you all should do the same lets close her down so she can't do this to anyone else..

• Lu
    Lucasmmy52415 Nov 28, 2017

@msstone58 Reading your comment was like reading my own. Same exact complaints 6 years later. I had all my teeth extracted two weeks ago 11/16/17 and got my refund yesterday and now have to hurry to find a dentist bc I have no teeth at all right now. The ones she tried giving me were so big I couldn't even close my lips fully. She was so rough and mean. Worse experience of my entire life. I wish we could get her shut down I really do.

• F8
    F8TH Apr 14, 2011

I just got my dentures from the Suffolk, VA. location. Each location is different I read all the scary stories, reviews, and complaints. I even had to listen to people in the waiting area fill my head with horror. That all ended when I asked questions and learned that you will have to return several times for adjustments because these are immediate dentures that you wear until your gums heal. I too had sore spots and felt my dentures where bulky but I went back told them what the problem was and they fixed it. They reminded me I would have to return in about 6 weeks for a soft reline but if I had any issues or questions come in or call. Once your gums heal you will get your permanent set of dentures but the immediate dentures are going to need adjustments. Noone should expect to be perfect with immediate dentures while your gums are healing. I would tell anyone that is considering going to not let all these complaints influence you most are made by people that have not taken the time to listen or understand that yes you will need adjustments, yes you may not like them but you can correct all the issues you have with your immediate dentures.

debbie555 Mar 15, 2011

To say the experience at Affordable Denture is a NIGHTMARE is putting it mildly..In July of this yr. i went to Affordable Denture in Albany N.Y. FOR AN IMMEDIATE UPPER DENTURE i purchased THE NEW DENTURE WEARERS PACKAGE..$1, 200.00 ...5 teeth were extracted temp. shoved in your mouth after extraction, told to rinse with salt water, only instructions given ...left there crying, palet too long, teeth look like chicklets, can't see my teeth when i talk, my lip hangs over, it has aged me about 20. yrs...dentist is rude, unsympathetic, she acts like i'm bothering her when i've gone for adjustments...yelled at me yesterday for talking to her receptionist about how unhappy i am with the service and the denture..trying to find a dentist to show some one else how disgusting the denture is.. scraping my tongue, pinching my lip ..feel like i'm having a break down because of this place...so unhappy with every minute i have spent dealing with this place ..will find a way to get my money back

debbie555 Feb 02, 2011

i'm happy to hear it's not just me, this woman completly changed my life and not for the better, mymarraige has suffered, i can't eat, my mouth looks so funny, i did go for a 2nd. opinion, this dentist was appalled by how the denture looked& fit, i don't have insurance, nor the $ to spend on a new denture...any suggestions?

Joeytop Feb 02, 2011

It is very unfortunate that this has happened. She will continue to do this because the company allows her to. She would have more patients if she were to treat people with respect and dignity, and understand that people will not refer other people to her with her nasty actions and behavior. I personally have never seen a Dr. so unprofessional in my entire life. It is a shame. Good luck to you all.

debbie555 Dec 16, 2010

i'm happy to hear that i'm not the only patient of albany ny affordable denture who has issuses with this dentist...i posted my original comment a few months ago hoping i would hear from as many unhappy customers as possible...i filed a complaint with the bbb she responded that i was trying to commit theft of services because i signed the paper saying i understood the refund policy...who would know in 30 days whether you wanted a refund? i still have not gone back for the services that i paid for...should be getting my perms. sometime in jan. but refuse to have this incompetent woman work on my mouth or make dentures for me

• Gg
    GGGG Dec 16, 2010

I agree 100% with every comment. I spoke with her assistant last night I'm fed up, she has taken advantage of my elderly mother and many others. If everyone takes action, something can be done. She is rude and has told my mother over and over again that there is nothing wrong with the dentures, she just has to get use to them. She cannot wear the lower's at all and uppers fit terribly, lowers have caused blisters in her mouth from the beginning. Rip off joint. Most of her customers are elderly folks and she sure is taking advantage of them. Take her to small claims court.

• Lu
    Lucasmmy52415 Nov 28, 2017

@GGGG Below is my review on the website. I'm two weeks out now since my surgery and I still have very bad anxiety from what happened to me. I would love to be able to stop her from ripping off anyone else she did to me.

The absolute worst experience of my entire life. They were so nice until the day of my procedure. I had 18 teeth removed and full upper and lower temporary dentures. When they were doing the impressions I told them they felt way to big for my mouth. I spent over an hour and a half while they tried to get them to fit my mouth but there just to big and don't fit and the bite doesn't line up. The teeth are huge. They didn't stitch me up so I've got huge holes in my mouth. It's an absolute nightmare. I will not be getting my permanent ones from her. Below is a picture of the temporary dentures I was given and paid for out of pocket. affordable dentures Albany, Dr. Williams, worst experience of my entire life.
    UPDATE 11/21
    Well today was my follow up appointment with Dr. Williams. I was told to come in and they would remake my dentures and I'd leave with them today. Well again I spent 5 hours there and the "new" dentures looked exactly like the ones the made me on Thursday 11/16. They were to big for my mouth and just didn't look right. I probably could get a pair of dentures that look better at a party supplies store. They were so big I couldn't even close my lips fully. The doctor and assistant were so rough with me, while trying to convince me that the teeth fit and looked fine dr Williams got frustrated with me and asked me to open my mouth while I still had the dentures in and knowing I just had a full mouth extraction which she gave me absolutely no pain medication afterwards other then Tylenol and Motrin. She then came over put her finger on the roof of my mouth to feel the denture and pulled up as hard as she possibly could and pushed the dentures so hard into my guys that I started gushing blood everywhere. I will never in my life let them touch me again. The secretary took my exrays also came in and read my exray and the dental assistant did my impressions and fit me for the dentures and she's not supposed to that's the doctors job. Please think twice about going there. Yes it's cheap but your definitely getting what you pay for at that office. I was also in the hospital for two days after my surgery because the infection was so bad and after a CT scan I was told that Dr. Williams left bits and pieces of random teeth in my mouth. The secretary and assistant argued almost the entire time while us patients could hear and see it all. I'm so happy I'm far away from that place.

Joeytop Sep 21, 2010

I totally agree with you 200% about this woman. She has no chairside manner. Her assisant was the only person decent, and now the dentist ran her off. It's a shame to be treated this way when we are paying out hard earned money and can get no one to listen.