Advanced Home Decorating CenterBad service

Local furniture store in Rutherford, NJ is nothing but a pain in the neck. Back in April 2008, my husband and I brought a dinette set. Upon delivery, to our surprise, two chairs were a different color than the rest of the set. We were told that they were temporary replacements as the other chairs were being ordered and shipped. Once they would have received our chairs it would have been an easy pick-up and switch deal. Yvonne, the owner's wife, reassured my husband that the chairs will be there within 4 weeks. We didn't see a problem with this and so we paid in full. Big mistake. Never received a call from them. We called every week and every week we got a different excuse. One point, the chairs did arrive and she sold them to someone else! We then had to wait another 4 weeks. We called every week. We hardly ever got an answer. We left numerous voicemails, Never got a call back. Then Yvonne decided she didn't want to deal with us so she send her assistant, Kimberly, to start picking up our phone calls. Kimberly wasn't much help. She was very inexperienced with customer service and had no say on what to do since she was only following directions. One day my husband and I went to the store to see what was going on, and Yvonne kept saying that they are on their way. Carl, the owner, was completely out of it. After hearing and knowing about our situation, you would think he would apologize for the inconvenience. That didn't even occurred to him. Instead, he just stood there minding his business. After four long arduous months with them, we finally got your chairs. Never again will I do business with them or recommend this place to anyone.

More Advanced Home Decorating Center Complaints & Reviews

• Ms
    Ms.Marciak Nov 07, 2008

I decided to do upholstery on my sofabed and two armchairs and found this place through Service Magic website. I called to make arangements to see what can be done and Yvonne and her husband Carl Hassett came to my house on Sep.3, 08.They presented pictures of various renovated sofas and chairs and I was impressed by the fresh look of these pieces. I was convinced that they can refresh my furniture.I chose the fabric and they took the sofabed and two armchairs by themselves to their van right away. I paid half of the total amount with personal check. I was told that it will take up to six weeks . Since then I am calling about status of my furniture and the answering person Mary Jo keeps telling me that it will be ready by Nov8, 08 and I will be notified about delivery. Recently I don't get any answer, because my calls are not answered, despite leaving messages. Maybe this complaint will be noticed by Yvonne and I can have my furniture back soon.

• Re
    revotruth Apr 20, 2009

Unfortunately the business practices of this store are consistently poor. In addition the personal attributes of both Yvonne and Carl Hassett are also lacking. Steer clear of them and their store and avoid any and all business transactions with them.

They also own a 2-family house in town (124 Sylvan St) that they rent out. It is in poor condition inside and out. They seem to run their business as they do their rental property and vice versa.

There are many other choices for your needs and any of them should be sought out before these hacks.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices