Advance Telecom Inc.Unauthorized billing

Advance Telecom Inc. portrays to be google earth among many other shareware (freeware) software sites they charged me $68.74 for a 3yr membership and is charging many, many other consumers millions of dollars for something that they can get for nothing. The Government should step in and do something cause I believe they have the technology to track them down and have them pay (jail time) and return all the money that they ripped off from us folks I believe are victims all around the world.

• Br
    Brian Care Jun 20, 2008

I paid for 3 years VIP membership for Softwaer Nero burnin 8 (US$66.74) through paypal... I assumed a Cd was going to be sent as I asked for it to be delivered 6to me. After 3 weeks nothing arrived so I sent an email to [email protected] asking where my CD was. All I keep getting back is an automated response saying where to download the software. Beware of that scam!

• Ee
    Eeon Macaulay Aug 06, 2008

I logged on to Google to get maps - street view
    I was then directed to pay for a 3 year sub for $56AUD
    Account setup was requested presumably for Google. I went to google to login and account did not exist. This Fraud.

Sandy Sep 04, 2008

I didn't order this site.I didn't want it then and don't want it now. I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED and will report it as so to Paypal.

• Ka
    Karen Francisco Oct 09, 2008

I paid for 3 years of AVG Internet security and never received download. Took my money from Paypal. SO much for security programs.

• Ju
    Julian Dyer Oct 17, 2008

Paid $69.14 (£35.85 GBP) through Paypal (Receipt ID: 35H74586AG775523U) for NERO 8 VISTA 3 Years VIP Membership and 2 Extra Features with Advance Telecom Inc.
    Got a new laptop - and all I found was these sites of complaints. No Nero 8 to reinstall.
    Why is Paypal accepting this fraudelent business of Advance Telecom Inc.?
    Paypal should be responsible for refunds for not crediting Advance Telecom Inc.

• Do
    Doug Perth Nov 01, 2008

I agree. These ### are a complete scam mob...also ordered 1 year membership to access what I thought would be getting Nero 8 but all you get is a pissy freeware cd/dvd 2 mb proggy. No license key for Nero - not even the decency to try and scam you with the demo version!! Wankers.

Google them "advance telecom" and you will get hundreds of reports on their slimey methods and scams...Paypal STILL supports them as a verified company (I know this does not indicate their integrity but after ALL the reports that Paypal has received and requests for refunds, they still provide the service! - still Paypal are getting their cut so they don't give a ###!)

Avoid these ### like the plague!!

• Le
    Leon Nov 10, 2008

Advance Telecom Inc

Did not receive download intructions

11/9/2008 Complaint :
    Paid by Pay Pal for three years service for ADAWARE Security --- and did not receive promised download instructions.

• Br
    bryan davies Nov 27, 2008

I have paid through paypal for adobe flash player membership plus one other feature and have been sent a email which I can't download from their information

• Ke
    Kevin Hellowell Dec 14, 2008

I too was 'sucked in' with a very plausible and convincing promotion. I have had nothing at all for my money.

Am I waisting my time challenging PayPal?

• Ti
    Tim bender Dec 30, 2008

I signed up for 3 years of google earth and never received confirmation of it on my computer. I was charged 67.84$ on my credit card on 11/08/08, but have never received what I was told . I was scammed and would like my money back and credited to my credit card please or I will have to report this to the Better Business Bureau. thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Mr. Timothy Bender

Mary Rennspies Jan 07, 2009

I paid 29.88 to get movie downloads for my mp3 player and I was in formed that I would get an email with the download
    link. I never received the email. I paid for the downloads with Pay Pal. I don't know what to do next. I'll see if Pay Pal can help me. The payment went through on 12/26/08.

• Ho
    HouRealtor Jan 20, 2009

this software will NEVER be sent to you. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!! While attempting to download a friend recommended software I was scammed by this company. I have filed a complaint with paypal to request a refund.

john asklar Jan 23, 2009

This company misleads you into thinking their site is the portal to Google Earth ...also, I hanen't received any downloads

• Hu
    Hugie Jul 05, 2009

Nothing wrong with the web site - Adobe Acrobat Reader does exactly what they say it does. But they aren't offering anything in return for your money.
    Note .SU top level domain is Soviet Union - does that flag up a warning?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices