AcsPayment error

In the middle of March I received a call from ACS stating that my payments for Jan and Feb hadn't been received. I checked and the checks had been cashed. I told them this and they stated that I would have to fax copies of the checks. I emailed them copies the next day. I got a call back that they weren't received by email so I faxed them and was told this would be cleared up in a week. I called a week later and was told the fax wasn't received. I refaxed them and waited a week and called back. No one could answer why my accounts wasn't cleared up. I checked and added up the numbers from my phone bill and had been on the phone with them for over 10 hours in a month trying to get things cleared up. Finally today Apr. 13 it was cleared up. I made over 40 calls to them and recieved about 20 from them. They had cashed my checks and credited them to the wrong accounts. Which he had told them happened because when we got copies of the checks ACS had hand written in the wrong account number in the memo.

I would not call the 1-800 number to talk with customer service. You are transferred out of the country to people you can't hardly understand. Dial the number [protected] to try to get customer service. If you are considering taking a loan with this company I would definately reconsider it. I did not take a loan out with them. My loan was sold to them so now I am stuck with them.

• Fr
    FREE YOURSELF Apr 04, 2011

You ARE NOT STUCK find out how you can consolidate the ACS loan w/another loan you have. They are giving me the run-around. So, I am currently in the process of consolidating with the Direct Loans: http://loanconsolidation.ed.gov/. FREE YOURSELF PEOPLE FROM ACS, SCAMMERS!

• Li
    Lisa Renner Nov 08, 2010

I agree with the above comment. You can get no where calling the [protected]. I called and asked where she was located (physically) and she said Jamaca. You cannot get anywhere by calling this number. I have felt like I have gotten the run-a-round several times and feel like I'm trapped.

• Ts
    TSP Apr 19, 2010

In July 2009, I begin paying my student loans back. I set up online payment through my bank ( Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union). The first pymt. I sent was for $223.43. I did not realize at the time that my SS number was my account number, so when the money was sent to ASC I'm assuming they put it in the wrong account. I did update this at my bank and made the pymt for Aug in the amount of $223.42 which was credited to the account. When I realized the first pymt was never applied to my acoount, I contacted ACS to get the situation resolved. I was told that they never recveived the pymt. I contacted my bank who called ACS by conference call and they let ACS know that the pymt was sent and was cashed. ACS asked my bank to send a copy of the check which they did. We did another conference call a couple of weeks later and ACS said they had received the fax and my account would be updated. My account was never updated. I myself have sent numerous faxes, made several phone calls, and have also emailed ACS regarding the pymt. I have even sent the information (copies of front and back of check that was deposited into account in Long Beach, CA) directly to a supervisor ( Shelly ext 2907). I finally heard back from Shelly on Saturday (April 17th) and was told that the payment had been researched and there was not enough evidence for them to update my account. I asked what the next step was and she said I needed to send a copy of my bank statment showing that the $223.43 was taken out of my account. I explained that I had already done this several times. She said that she was not going to discuss this with me any further. I am appaled at the lack of professionalism of this company. They continue to charge late fees to my account every month because I am one month behind since they refuse to post the July pymt. They also call me regarding late pymt. This has gone on long enough. I am getting no where with ACS. They have been rude and inefficient for the 9 months I have been dealing with them.

• Wo
    wowser63 Mar 09, 2010

Horrible company paid over 1000.00 and they have no reord of it and want me to repay. Can't understand peolple on phone have thick indian accent.

• Fr
    francenedresser Nov 16, 2009

ACS Phone number in Utica, NY is [protected].Call anyone of these people here and compain
    Val Koch- Facilities Manager