Achieve Card Mastercardscam

This company solicited a debit card with a fee. I thought I was signing up for a prepaid card and activated it online. there is now a minus of 30.00 worth of (their) charges just to have the card and - not a phone number or contact information in site so that I can ask them to cancel the card.

• To
    Torey higgs Sep 11, 2018

I am filing a complaint of how rude and disrespect your agent are I was suppose to receive my direct deposit today and my deposit was returned I am highly pissed and will not be referring anyone to you company
    I am very dissatisfied I want a call back fo4m corporate immediately or I will take legal action you can reach me at [protected] Torey Higgs

• Nr
    NRG2 May 13, 2016

I, too received a debit VISA card from this company.. there was a phone number for customer service on the card, and a number to call if you didn't agree with the terms and wanted to cancel. NEITHER number offered a way to cancel! I went to their online site, and there was no help there to cancel, either.

I emailed customer service at the company ([email protected]), and received an automated reply, saying I should call the same numbers I tried before. This email address is UNMONITORED, and no help at all.

I then called VISA itself (1-800-VISA911), and they connected me to a line that DID allow me to cancel the card; that number is [protected].

Hope this helps someone!

• Eu
    Eugenevieve326 Dec 02, 2015

Friend from Alaska was sending me money (personal ) thru money pack. Once i get it I load it into my Achieve Card. then i take the
    money out as soon as it ready. i needed the cash for paying bill, rent etc.
    then my friend from alaska send me another pack for the amount of$1, 000.00, did the same thing received from money pack then deposit to
    my Achieve account and i take the cash out right away. then there was a problem on the account all of a sudden.
    i called Achever customer service and they said that they have to freeze the account because of a suspicious fraud. . and i said " i didnt make a complain and i dont see any unathorized use of my card..
    Achieve reason why they freeze the account is im widrawing the money right away on my own accout and they believe that theres a fraud going on. i explain to them this is my money in my account i can widraw any amount i want. what is wrong with that..
    they asked me to send a copy of my identification social security, and my card number ..i faxed all the requirement they need and still
    they wont give me my money. because they said the couldnt read my information..
    im not sure why they still want to hold the money, i did what i was told to do. they have accused me of doing fraud. and its seems like theres
    nothing i could do more to get my money back just because they think there was a fraud going on..
    what makes me so mad is instead of achieve find a way to help me. they accused me of doing fraud with there lame evidence that depositing money and taking out money MY MONEY at the same time. ( just because the money was sent to me by MONEY Pack it was a convenient way of receiving money.) whick they also charge me a fee for taking out money so i dont see anything wrong with what i did.

Journeygal101 Nov 26, 2015

I just got this achieve card actived it I can see my direct deposit on my work web site that shows hay money deposited but when I go to the card call check what ever all I hear is 0 where's my money Ive check check and double check routing and account number so now where's my money it's Thanksgiving and I'm trying hard not to get out of my element so please tell me what's going on

• Ri
    Rigoberto Delgado Sep 23, 2015

Archivecard makes me feel like my money is being taking away in a sneaky way...I had this Card for one year now. Just today for the first time in one year I looked online at some of my transaction's and withdrawals from ATM. I was surprised that A.C charges you 2.95 for money withdrawal plus the ATM fee. Plus not only that my check was 496.24 and online it tell me that the debited amount was 476.24., ...what happened to the rest of my money.???? Just bc I'm a busy guy and I really don't have time to look at the charges doesn't mean you could ripe me a new one...I'm seriously done with this Card company... I could have a lot more money saved to helpout with my disease. Thanks AchieveCard your the best! It's over!

• Wi
    winston childers Aug 11, 2014

Well my lawyer knows what to do and has contacted the attorney general and the BBB.

• Dr
    Dr.Donlee Aug 03, 2014

i want to know why i can't activate my directexpress card online i was expecting my ssi check & instead i got a debit card witch i do not want it's my money & want it sent by check i don't want to keep a record of what i spend i want the cash in my pocket

jaxamilli Jun 17, 2014

I want to just add my opinion on the POS of a company.
    I have had achieve card for about 6 months now and have had money deposited into my account with no problem. Then last night I had a deposit of over 3000 initiate. Before It hit my account they blocked my account... For no reason apparently for suspicious activity?? I contacted seller support this morning only to be told that nothing could be done. That there was evidence of suspicious activity. I havnt done anything wrong aand this is total bs. The only thing that is suspicious is a cancellation of my account right before that much money was set to be deposited. Janky company. DO NOT USE THIS BANK/CARD. ITS A SCAM and now I'm out 3000. I'm going to take legal action.

• Ad
    ad mu Jun 04, 2014

my achieve card arrived today jun 3 2014 in the mail, i activated the card and proceeded to the bank to pull out my funds. the pin code would not take and i called achieve card back for clarificattion? they said they resent things and not to use the card until midnight?
    at 1am same nite i used the card for cash wdrawal and the atm machine at the card! i only had the card 8hrs as fedex delivered it that day! the bank ate my card and for what? achievecard did not clear my card and due to too many pin code attempts the FIRSt time around my card was confiscated via the atm BUT i called achieve 5 times during the same day to PREVENT this issue from happening and it did anyway! my experience with achievecard has been an absolute nitemare! supervisors do not call you back or email you. reps at ach card stated they would transfer funds to my wifes acct and the funds never appeared yet callls to a supervisor simply resulted in oh uh sir the employee was incorrect in advising you that funds would be transferred!

card blocked fr use 2hrs after talking to achieve card rep...atm kept card! achieve card stated ok go ahead and use card! what!
    incorrect info/misleading info
    no tracking number given for fedex on express card delivery/card delivered when not home! didnt know date of delivery! or tracking number!
    supervisors not returning email or call requests from employees
    paid 27.00 for 2 day express mail fr fedex and 7days later card shows up at door no one home! mailman sent it back! wtf!

every issue i have discussed with achieve card has been incorrect information! all info disseminated has been incorrect!

this is the worst experience ive ever had in business! i call and ask for a supervisor who says ok we reset your pin code go ahead use card after mindnite and sure enough after one pin code entry and only one transaction the card was kept! ive only had card for 8hrs!

• Pa
    patti lilly May 08, 2014

Achieve card is some crap stay away from this card believe me

• Le
    Lee Mar 05, 2014

I just received this card in the mail today being i did not apply ask for or request it in any way i went ahead and filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission from what i have been reading many others have done so as well.

• En
    enraged mom Mar 03, 2014

I am on hold right now with Achieve Card to speak to their "corporate office" with the expected wait time of 58 minutes. My son got one of these cards to have his payroll check automatically deposited since he didn't have a regular bank account yet when he began working. He had his checks deposited for quite awhile, and used the card with no issues for almost a year. Then he lost his card, called for a replacement which he never received. Called back and finally received a new card., now they are showing NO balance on the old card (he had not had a chance to move the money to the new card), and no balance on the new card although 2 direct deposits have been made to the new card by his employer. We have already spoken to an attorney, and if I don't get resolution for this via phone call today, the next call will be from the lawyers. This is absolutely ridiculous. The employer has already been advised to stop direct deposits to this account.

Anon2627 Jan 15, 2014

Why am I receiving a text message from Acheive Card (which I do not have) stating limited due to fraud and call a certain number. In my case the number to call was [protected].

My boyfriend doesn't have one either and he rec'd the same text message a week or so ago.

• Ri
    rippedofbyachieve Jan 15, 2014

They have list my husband's direct deposit for the second time in 3 months! We did a ttace from his employers bank &achieve said "ok it will post in 24 hours". Still no deposit. Three days later we are still getting a different story from each "supervisor" he has spoken with. The money has not been sent back to his employer, so achieve has STOLEN it!!
    Employer made the deposit on wed of last week, its wed 7 days later, no deposit, no explanation. This is FRAUD!
    Do not do business with these scammers!

• Va
    vallisa francisco Jan 09, 2014

I'm very concern I've been calling the number I have on achieve the phone number no one ever picks up I actually waited 4 hours with no one ever picking up. I need help to redo my pin number and I have no clue how to get assistance with this matter.and I once registered online now it will not allow me to excess online my email is [email protected] can some please respond back to me ASAP a displeased custoner

• Va
    vance546 Dec 28, 2013

i have achieve prepaid visa card and from the last two days i am trying to transfer funds to my son's achieve card...the online account doesn't let me do that it say's "sevice unavailable"...from 2 days i am trying all of there toll free number and have on hold from more then hours they don't pick up my phone...can anyone help me??

• Pi
    pissedoff2013 Nov 27, 2013

This is the by for the worst card service the worst customer service they keep you on hold for over a hour they say they close at 8pm they dont answer the phone starting at 7pm and there is always a problem with them this card is very inconvience

Johnsmith22 Oct 19, 2013

Does the name have to match the card for SSA direct deposits

Johnsmith22 Oct 19, 2013

Prose my name have to match the card for ssa direct deposits??

• Li
    lisa baxter Sep 27, 2013

ya it is a pre paid card which i have had a 16.000.00 plus deposited into there pre paid card and i have not been able to get a dime of it. its been 3 weeks now and everyday im put on hold for hours. and everyday told try using your card in a couple of hours. and every day still no money. as a matter of fact im on hold right now called at 9 am it is now 11am and im still on hold. this is not your money to mess with it is mine this is the worst experience ive had in my life. so warning this company is the worst thing watch out. and as for you achieve you will be hearing from my lawyer. the 16thousand of mine that i cant get to might just bite you in the ### and cost you a hell of a lot more. get your ### together and quit messing with peoples lifes. you dont realize how much pain you have caused me. so if youd like to answer to my comment pick up the phone im still on hold thanks lisa

• Ca
    CapeCodEngineer Aug 09, 2013

I got this achieve card unsolicited in the mail today too and wasted so much time reading it over and over to figure out this was not for me and my real concern is the poor people who do activate this thing without reading the 6 pages of terms and conditions including all the fees and truly lack of financial help for customers - these are criminals taking advantage of people in tough financial shape, read more about Bankcorp Bank (who is a front for these kind of schemes...or should we say scams) and then just reach out to a local bank or credit union and deal with people they might actually know who are looking out for the customers' best interest. I am going to continue to try to find out who and why they got my information to send this to me. I am not happy with this crap.

• Ac
    AchieveCardIsAScam Jul 26, 2013

I also got this AchieveCard unsolicited from mail. I signed up for accountnow.com and thought that this is the card that they sent so I activated it. The reason I ended up in this site is same reason as everyone, too much charges. I tried calling them and was not able to talk to a live representative. I emailed them and it took 5 days before I got a reply from them and none of my concerns was addressed. This card is nothing but bad news. definitely a scam! Stay away from this card! I am filing a complaint to BBB and Attorney General after I submit my comments in here. I will also try to post comments in a lot of forums to let people know that this is a scam and to stay away from this card.

• Ti
    tiffany28 Jul 10, 2013

my account was compromised twice in the same month like two days apart when it first happen i contacted the card holder and was told not to worry my transactions were being disputed yea thats what i was told than come to find out 2 months later that there was nothing did at all there was $370 stolen out of my account un authorized so i called back in and was told they were going to file the dispute again they emailed me some documents that i filled out and returned back never heard anything else i then contacted them and was told they needed a statement from me i did that and faxed it in and a whole month went pass and never heard back from them so i contacted them again and was told my claim was cancelled no reasons why it took them from feb 2013 til june 18 to come up with this and i still havent got a clear answer on anything nor my money back they have poor costumer service and they company is a fraud

• Lo
    Lori Morgan Jun 05, 2013

I just read the new card agreement that came in the mail in January and when into effect in March, 2013. I have been sitting here waiting for 2 days for my ATM fee reversal; now I see that there will in all likelihood not be one. I wish they would just leave well enough alone. I got used to getting that 15-20 dollars back a month. This is one of the very few times I have been disgusted with AchieveCard since joining them in 2009.

• D0
    d0c5i5 May 18, 2013

This company is nothing but a unsolicited leech. Even if you had problems with a bank in the past, there are lots of options out there that don't involve highway robbery, 10 or 15+ fees, and poor customer service.
    1. If you are considering this card, don't... you WILL regret it at some point, it's just a matter of when (hint: It will be when you need it the most and/or when you least expect it)
    2. Re-read #1
    3. Try to get an actual bank account (unless you need to skirt "official" banks/reporting - which isn't a hint to do anything illegal, but there are legitimate/legal reasons to stay off all radars). Search out a local bank, go in, take as much cash as you can, and be sweet as pie, if they say anything like a "no", ask if they have ANY alternatives (most banks have a "plan" for those willing to persue it.
    4. Look for an actual bank online, the checkex sucks page has numerous, bing (or google) it.
    5. Seek out local credit unions and banks in stores, they usually operate semi-autonomous and have alternative (good) motives. (Such as getting cash flow, loans, or having you bank where you shop).
    6. Frustrated? Re-read #1 and #2 again, then consider getting a friend/relative to piggy back or co-sign an account. Offer to have an account that is not allowed to over-draw, and if they are skeptical family/friends, try greasing their palm with a little cash as a "just-in-case-i-screw up".
    7. If all else fails, then consider sticking to re-loadable cards and cash, and cashing your checks at a store you buy your food at. If you are bad with money, don't be ashamed, but consider these kind of companies are actually trying to FEED off you. Operating with cash and pre-paid visa gift cards actually isnt too hard to do.
    8. I personally have a bank account now, but I used a few different ones that i had varying degrees of success with. They were paypal, bluebird, and greendot, from best to worse. I never put all my money in one (a lot of places will let you split your check between more than one account, consider doing that if at all possible), When one delays or lets you down, it's nice having a backup.
    9. Re-read #1, #2, and #1 again... and if it helps, picture the company as a vampire wanting/waiting to suck your blood, all while staffing zombies that really get a kick out of not helping you. It's, sadly, not that far from the truth.

• Ke
    Kennie D Feb 28, 2013

I have tried to put cash on my Acheive card and was put on hold and told my wait time is 30 minutes... And I have been on hold now for over an hour! I am starting to become skeptical of this company as well! This has never happened...

Chris4207 Jan 16, 2013

I feel sorry for the people who work at this company. So many idiots who can't read or understand the basic concept of a "prepaid" card. There are fees...they have to make money somehow. Customer service has been OUTSTANDING for me. I left an email message on sunday night, got a call from a rep first thing monday morning, problem handled. To all the people ### about fees and what not - LEARN TO F****** READ BEFORE YOU HANDLE YOUR OWN FINANCES.

• Li
    Lisa35 Jan 15, 2013

I lost my debit card, someone found it and went shopping a purchase of $104.00 was made to my account using credit, which to everyone's knowledge a ID is required, however to my dismay, when inquiring how is it possible for someone to make a credit purchase in person without my ID because I didn't, I was told by an Achievecard representative that an ID is not required when making a credit purchase, she has a card and all she do is swipe and sign and never show ID because it is not required by them. As a result there is nothing they could do because I lost my card. ID is not required for Credit Purchase...Use your Pin or Use your ID standard policies across the board, where is our security as card holders...? Between the hours of 8pm and 8am no customer service, neither on weekend...just imagine you lose your card on payday...when non of your bills had gotten paid as yet...keep away...no compensation for your lost. An ID is not required...Where in hell do you hear that...?

Andrea22 Dec 09, 2012

yes it is a scam. I recieved the card and they charged me a 9.95 fee just for adding the card to PayPal. I never even used it. I called to cancel the card. After that, I recived a text saying "thank you for signing up for direct deposit" I never signed up for that. I had to wait to call back on weekday. They are scammers. Don't use them. They take your social security number(s) I never signed up for a direct deposit at all. I was very upset.

• Mo
    Monique9764 Oct 14, 2012

Does anyone know how long prepaid Achieve Master card pending transactions take to clear

• Mo
    Monique9764 Oct 14, 2012

Does anyone know how long it take for a Prepaid Achieve Master Card pending transaction to clear

• Mr
    mrsaustin0220 Oct 12, 2012

I am waiting on a direct deposit to go through now. I do not see what the hold up is on it. My school released the money to the bank yesterday and the money is from my pell grant which is from the government. So I do not understand why my money has not been released to me. The representative tells me that they have my money and it is being processed but I will not be able to access it till Monday. This is just crazy I need that money now.

• Un
    UnhappyCustomerInFlorida Sep 09, 2012

I received one of these cards, too, with someone else's name. I called them and deactivated the card permanently. Then, I contacted Mastercard directly about this scam. They were VERY unhelpful, saying that they only issue the logo and supposedly have "no control" over what the banking institutions do with it. Why do I find that hard to believe.

Anyways, they did tell me the card was issued by a Palm National Bank in California. (interesting, since the paperwork says "First California Bank")

I think it's time for me to have a discussion with the FTC...

• Wi
    wifi8827 Jul 18, 2012

if you people receive a mysterious card in the mail and blindly activate it without reading any details or fine print, you really have no right to complain when you get ripped off.

• Cm
    CMoore29 Jul 18, 2012

Achieve Card is a big rip off, they send you a card and when you activate it they charge you $9.95 just to activate your card after that they then turn around and charge you a monthly fee what a rip off. I recommend people to run from these type of company's that's giving these cards out they are fake and phony just trying to get extra money from you

• Ra
    rac2k Jul 07, 2012

I've called costumer service, there was no one available, I'm not waiting longer than ever for someone to answer by listening to some stupid song, If I call Costumer Service one more time and if that stupid music playing in the background, I hope to God I get a lawyer I'm a sue your ### for playing me and the amount I put on this stupid card, I WANT IT ACTIVATED NOW!

• Ca
    Cardell Todd Jun 23, 2012

I had an achieve card my aunt tax refund of 7, 000 dollars went on the card and they locked it my aunt called they said they sent it back to the irs the irs never recieve it this happen july 2011 here it is almost a year past and my aunt still have not gotten her money the achieve card still have it talkin bout they sent it back i wanna know how can she get her money from these people..Lawyer they will end up payin my aunt more

• Al
    aLil Jun 15, 2012

I viewed my acct online and it showed that my check had been deposited i usually recieve a text when my funds are available..when that didnt happen it prompted me to first find out if everything was ok..u know just to keep from paying someone and there be some un known issues that would affect it...however when i called my card, there were NO FUNDS available..can anyone help me concerning this matter because, Ive yet to speak to a custmr rep...thx /a.h

• Fo
    former G - Man May 30, 2012

Nothing is FREE!!, These Embezzler's' tried to get me to change from my Bank to Their DIRECT DEPOSIT!
    I Am a Retired FEDERAL Employee!, I Know a scam before I even Read IT! America Is Going to the DOGS'
    A President That Had Felon's' Vote for Him, Congress that Gives' their selves' Raises', and Most of all The reason The United States Postal Service Is closing Half Of their POST OFFICES' IS BECAUSE THE
    POSTAL WORKERS' AND, ALL Government Employees' Get PAID FOR EVERY SO-CALLED GOVERNMENT HOLLIDAY! WHILE THEY ARE SITTING ON THEIR @$$&$! JUST LOOK AT Your calender!
    count how many so-called Holidays' there is on It! YES And They create Holidays' when ever an official
    Takes' A $#!T!., WHO PAYS' FOR THEIR HOLLIDAYS" OFF WITH PAY? THE AMERICAN TAX PAYER!!
    And as for all of these free debit cards' Most of them are ran by former embezzlement Inmates'! I Ran a Name check on most of the C.E.O's of these SO - Called Banks' Personnel! YES WHEN I WORKED FOR THE GOVERN MENT I Allocated tons' of Information on Prison Populations' and, Names' Of EMBEXELERS'! SO IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY SAFE GET IT FROM A GOVERNMENT OPERATED BANK! OH! THE People that posted good things' about the Bank Of America? THEY WORK FOR THE BANK OF AMERICA!. WHEN YOUR MONEY IS DIRECTLY DEPOSITED AT ! 12:01 AM BE AT THE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ATM AND GET IT ALL OUT !! THE ATM MIGHT MAKE YOU DO IT TWICE IN ORDER TO GET IT ALL! BUT IF YOU WAIT Until the next morning You Might find out that some scam artist has withdrawn some of it ! SO ANY CARD that YOU receive, that YOU did NOT ASK FOR Cut it up like THEY will Do to YOU!. ALL RIP OFFS" KISS MY @$$!

• My
    MYMONEYGROWSOFFTREES May 26, 2012

Also, I am a bit worried because I gave out my social security number to achieve card in trust.

Comments