Account Assuresigned up for protection service w/o my permission

S Review updated:

I signed up for a Avenue account and specifically told the salesgirl I did not want insurance on my card. I got my letter today stating that I was instated in their plan on the day I signed up for the credit card. I assume I am in for a fight from all the complaints all over the web. I am fortunate that I paid my bill immediately after shopping so I had no balance to be charged on. But I intend to call Account Assure and ask for an email confirmation that I am no longer enrolled in their program, then I'm calling the credit card people and cancelling my card and telling them why and then I'm contacting Avenue and tell them why I will no longer be shopping in their stores and then I'm going to find that nice young sales girl that filled out the credit card info and explain how I don't appreciate having to spend this time.
The only way to stop them is to cancel your cards at all the shops and tell them why. It isn't worth a hassle for a couple of dollars and they are counting on it. But when the stores lose your business and the credit card loses your business, they will get rid of this rip off. It is probably directly connected in some way to the credit card and a couple of dollars from all of us really adds up.
I also suggest you contact the attorney general of the state that Assure is located in and fill out the forms and request your refund and why. It's a lot of paperwork but just how mad are you? The Attorney General will fight this fight for you and for free. They will also straighten out the company from doing illegal practices.

• Sh
    Sherri Gasser Jun 29, 2020

Is there any legal recourse that can be taken against Account Assure?
    I did not request this service as I am not in danger of not getting a pay check. I collect Social Security and 2 pension; therefore I have no need for this "protection"
    I did not Enroll!

Dawn96 Aug 14, 2019

If you do decide to call the number on the sticker that comes on the front of the card in the mail, ask the following questions: 1. Who offers and administers the program? 2. Can I cancel at anytime? 3. What if I decide I no longer want protection from Account Assure? 4. Does this program contain any exclusions? 5. How does a protected cardholder request a benefit under Account Assure? PLEASE read enrollment material if you decide to get it. Personally it's not worth the hassle to wait up to 8 weeks to get a $20 or $25 gift card. Most stores have sales that are better.

Dawn96 Aug 14, 2019

When you receive your card in the mail it will have a sticker on it that says call to verify receipt of your card and to learn how to receive a $25 gift card. Just letting you know, your card is active the second it left the post office. You can go straight to the store, throw that sticker away and spend away. They want you to call so they can enroll you in Account Assure and send you a gift card. It's optional! You have 30 days from the day you enroll on the phone to call and cancel for a refund of any fee you may have been charged. The store clerk doesn't sign you up for it when you fill out the application for your card at the store. Two totally separate entities.

• El
    ellensjohn Jan 11, 2016

There is a lawsuit being paid because of deceptive practices with this service. you should be able to find out if your CC company is involved. https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2015/pr15073.html

• Na
    Nancy Pembroke Dec 19, 2012

I received a card in the mail saying I have an account with you, but I never signed up an account. When I call your phone number I could not get through without an account number. I do not have an account number. Please email me and tell me what is happening.

Nancy Pembroke
    [email protected]

@Nancy Pembroke Try [protected]

• Wi
    willa cooper Dec 22, 2011

I have account assure on two credit card accounts. I lost my job and thought account assure would pay. Account assure is looking for all sourcesb I have to make payment such as: unemployment, retirement etc. When you sign up for account assure they tell you if you lose your job they will pay. This is absolutely not true they will not pay and have not pais. It is not worth having.

• Wi
    willa cooper Dec 22, 2011

I have Account Assure, lost my job and had to retire. Account assure will not pay because I lost my job. They try to find out what other sources you have that can pay such as retirement, old age pension checks etc. Account Assure will not pay if you lose your job. Account assure is a rip off. I thought if I lost my job Account assure would pay without question.

• Sw
    sw3037 Nov 11, 2010

I keep getting calls from this company and I have no idea why. I have a Victoria's Secret credit card and a Limited card. I've used the Limited card once for an online purchase and turned around and made an online payment to pay the balance within a week of making the purchase. I haven't used the Victoria's Secret card since August and even then it was under $20 and I paid it in full online. So why does this company keep calling? All I get is a recording to call regarding a personal matter. Why would they call me only to tell me to call them? Stupid! I've got better things to do than sit on the phone returning phone calls to people for no reason an no explanation.