darlene anderson Dec 09, 2008

I ordered a supposedly free product and was supposed to only pay the 4.95 shipping. Then I was billed 44.85. then I received another bill for 39.95 and no product. Currently on hold for 15 min.

• Di
    Diana Henshaw Dec 09, 2008

The phone number to call is [protected]...I was taken by their ad too...didn't read the terms and conditions well enough before I ordered...there were red flags all over the place. I found this # @ the " Advanced Wellness Research, Inc." site...I sent an e-mail from this site and received an answer shortly after. The crazy things we do to lose weight!!! I was told it would take 2 to 4 days to process my complaint...we'll see. Good Luck

• Br
    BRENDA HUGHES Dec 08, 2008

I ORDERED THE TRIAL SIZE ONLY FOR 4.95 ON 11-12-08. MY SHIPMENT ARRIVED ON 12-3-08 AND IT ALSO INCLUDED TWO OTHER PRODUCTS WHICH I HAD NOT ORDERED, AND WAS ALSO CHARGED A FEE OF $44.85. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CALL THE [protected] NUMBER TO NO AVAIL. THIS ORDER IS COMPLETELY FRAUDELENT AND I ALSO BELEIVE SO IS THE COMPANY, AND THE PEOPLE REPRSENTING IT. THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ON A THIRTY DAY FREE TRIAL BASIS, ONLY TWO DAYS AFTER I OPTED FOR THE FREE TRIAL SAMPLE, MY BANK CARD WAS CHARGED THE AMOUNT OF $44.85. I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD LOVE TO GET HOLD TO OPRAH AND LET HER KNOW THEY ARE USING HER NAME AND PICTURE TO RUN THEIR SCAM BY!!!

• Lo
    Lori Dec 08, 2008

I signed up for a sample of product to pay shipping only. I was charged $44.90. I called the company---they explained that it was a one-time charge. I have now been sent the product again and charged $44.90 two more times. I am now trying to call and cancel my membership and can not get anyone to answer the phone.

• Je
    jennifer belcher Dec 08, 2008

I WAS SENT AN E-MAIL FOR A FREE TRIAL OFFER, FOR THE SHIPPING OF $1.95( ACAIPURE).THE PRODUCT WAS 3 WEEKS LATE, 2 OTHER PRODUCTS WITH, & WAS CHARGED $39.95. WHEN I CALLED THE TOLL FREE NUMBER, I WAITED FOR 1 1/2 HOURS TIL A MAN FINALLY ANSWERED.I WAS TOLD I COULD KEEP ALL 3 ITEMS AND BE CREDITED $20.00.WITHIN 2 DAYS, I HAD MY REFUND IN MY ACCOUNT.EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL MY BANK NOTIFIED ME, A CHECK HAD BEEN RETURNED. DUE TO THE NOTICE, I LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT. WHOA..THERE IT WAS... A $39.95 CHARGE FROM ACAIPURE.I WAITED 2HRS. ON THE PHONE & WAS TREATED HORRIBLY WHEN I ASKED FOR A RMA# & A REFUND OF $59.95.INSTEAD THE SUPERVISOR GAVE ME A RMA# & HUNG UP ON ME!!THE NERVE ...I WAS THE CUSTOMER WHY IS HE HANGING UP ON ME.TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, THIS COMPANY HAS COST ME$90.90 INSTEAD OF $1.95 FOR SHIPPING.I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING AGAIN OFF THE INTERNET, DUE TO THE FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMPANY OF ACAIPURE.THE COMPANY IS A SCAM AND NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN.

nona harman Dec 08, 2008

I was suppose to get a free sample for just 4.95 shipping. Thay charged me 44.95 and added two products I did not order or want. I was charged a month later without my knowledge around 35.00 for an auto ship. I received no notification via E-mail and when I attempted to cancel. The phone wait was 63 minutes. I could not cancel online because I do not have an invoice number. I have not received the product they sent so I can't cancel without their invoice number. the product is useless and i wouldn't want it if it was free. Thanks, Nona Harman

• Ge
    Geri L Beber Dec 08, 2008

I ordered a sample from this company. I recieved more than I ordered and was charged 44.95. I returned the items
    on the next day. I have not recieved a refund and was now charged another 39.95. I will report them to the FTC and the Better business beaureau. I have contacted my bank, but so far I have not recieved my money back, which would now equal 79.90 for absolutely nothing. Geri L Beber 07184

• Pa
    pat milner Dec 08, 2008

terms was to be a 14 day trial period before a charge of the full price of the product was to be charged to my account. Order was placed on Nov. 17 and my account was charged for full amount on Nov.19. Only the sipping and handling charge was to be charged to my account.

• Pa
    pat ware Dec 08, 2008

I may have ordered a trial but did not oreder anything else. I have tried numerous times to cancel the order and cannot over the web and by phone they never answer even though they give you a wait ime of over 80 minutes..I waited for over two hours and the phone was never answered. This is a b ogus site and should be prsecuted if some one can find how to do it. Pat Ware [protected] [email protected]

jorine woelfle Dec 08, 2008

I ORDER TRIAL TO PAY POSTAGE ONLY WAS CHARGED 44.85, WILL STOP PAYMENT ON CARD, THIS IS A SCAM DO NOT BUY JORINE WOELFLE PENSACOLA FLORIDA

• He
    Helen Guest Dec 08, 2008

Was supposed to be a trial charge only of $1.99 but have been charged 3 times on my charge card for $39.95, $44.95 and $39.95. I have returned unused product with no refund but have disputed with my card's customer service department to get a credit.

DAWN Dec 08, 2008

Scam scam scam
    I was charged the original shipping of $4. 95. This company charged my credit card twice one time at 39. 95 then two weeks later $44. 90. I have tried extensively to reach them by phone. The automated service told me it was a 72 minute for a customer service rep. What a scam this company is. Oprah may be able to pay these types of charges, but i refuse. My credit card company is working with me now to make sure that when another charge is posted it is immediatley declined.
    Do not order from this company!!!

• Wi
    wilburshur Dec 08, 2008

I ordered Acaipure as a free 30 day trial period, on 11/10/08. I received the pills 11/29/08, and my account was debited 12/05/08 for 39.95. I called and was on hold for 75 minutes ( guess they thought I would give up), I was told that if you order the free 30 day trial and keep it. After 14 days they debit your account. SO, NOT REALLY FREE. Of course I disputed it with my bank, and explained that this company is famous on [redacted].com for this, and they are freezing my account where it cannot happen again.

• Ac
    Acquanetta Dec 08, 2008

I never received my product and was overcharged, I was to pay $4.95 for shipping but was charged $44.95. The phone number that is listed is bogus, when you call the number it says that because of the high volume of calls your wait time is 60 minutes or more, I waited in the queue for over an hour then my call somehow was disconnected, I've sent numerous emails, no response. I am so upset, I will never purchase this product no matter how good it may be... THIS IS A SCAM!

jonca66 Dec 08, 2008

I ordered a free trial for Acaipure but immediately cancelled my membership both using their customer service line as well as through email. I also requested that they send a confirmation email to confirm that the membership was cancelled. Acaipure DID NOT give me any confirmation and I have discovered they ignored both cancellation requests and are continuing to charge my credit card WITHOUT my permission. I cannot even get in touch with a customer service agent to deal with the situation because every time I call, they say the wait is over almost an hour and a half long!

• Ba
    barbara smith Dec 07, 2008

I ordered one product last month at $4.95 and got more than I ordered and was charged $44.85 and that was in November. I check my account and in December they charged me $39.95 for something that I didn't order and don't even have. When I tried to contact them by phone I couldn't get the number and no one responded to my emails.

Deb Dec 07, 2008

I called to cancel after receiving the first month after the free trial because I neglected to read the tiny print - my fault. They charged me 39.95. I accepted that and I was told they would cancel any further deliveries and charges. I just received my new statement and they took it out automatically again except this time they took out $44.90 and there was only 2 weeks between transactions. I have not received any new product either.
    So what are we suppose to do? Let them keep taking money out of our accounts?

• Be
    Betty T. Bower Dec 06, 2008

I have not ordered nor have I ever rec'd Acaipure ever. The first charge is being disputed by Discover Card for the amount of $39.95...A second charge now appears this month for $44.90 which I have never order or rec'd.
    PLEASE credit my Discover Card account for both items as soon as possible. PLEASE STOP sending and charging for this product. I do not order or I donot receive anything from you. Today I have talked to Discover Card to be disputed for the second time. I do not have an account # or any invoices from you ever. [email protected]

• Di
    Diana B Dec 06, 2008

I took advantage of the free bottle for shipping & handling $4.95. Then I got a charge on Nov 8th on my credit card for $39.95 not even 30 days after receiving the bottle and then another charge on Nov 23 for $44.90. I have NEVER received another bottle since nor do I want any! When ever I try to call the message is my hold time will reange from 47 minutes to 87 minutes. Who has time for that??!!! I have gone back to the website & it doesn't have anything about future shipments or billings! This is totally WRONG! and needs to be fixed fast!

Diana B.

Maria Baptista Dec 05, 2008

I was offered a free sample of Acaipure and accepted it on line, I received the sample, I have not even used it yet. I was sent a second bottle which I did not request and was charged on my debit card for it, returned the product, no credit yet, I just received a second charge in Dec. 4, 2008 for another product which I have not received. I want them to cancel my account and stop charging me for something I did not purchase or request.
    Maria Baptista, Mine Hill, NJ

• Ca
    Carol Dunston Dec 05, 2008

I responded by E-mail for a FREE samle of Acaipure - on 11/27/2008 they responded to me
    that there was increased populaarity and shipping was delayed 2 weeks - on 11/28/2008
    I was charged $41.85 .

I have E-mailed them twice & told them to refund my credit card & cancel my order,
    they have never responded.

I wa given an Oreder #1900979. What can I do to get a refund on this.

• Tu
    tuccajun Dec 05, 2008

I too was taken by this monsterouse company, I ordered the free trial and have now been charged 2 months in a row for 39, 95. What can we do, what is our recourse? In this economy we can not afford to give monwy away like this. PLEASE HELP!

ditto

Mary scammed in Florida the same way!

mary okon Dec 05, 2008

the same exact thing happened to me

Mary in Merritt Island, Florida

These people are an bunch of devious crooks. I just love their estimated wait time!

mary okon Dec 05, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me! I canceled the debit card associated with the first "teaser" order and still got charged another $39. 95 after I refused the first shipment. $70 NSF fees resulted and lots of dealing with the bank to get that back-now have to deal with this new charge and can't seem to stop them. Ridiculous hold time on ONLY contact number and unmonitored email address. What a bunch of crooks. Wonder if Oprah nows about this!!

Mary in Florida

mary okon Dec 05, 2008

I agree as I was scammed by the same thieves. I bit the $1.85 offer and was charged for first one and now two months membership. I was charged the first time the very next day without having received the product for the fourteen trial period. I canceled the credit card associated with the first order and am still being wrongl charged for another bottle three weeks after the first shipment was returned.
    They have only one telephone number and when called are told you will have a 59 minute hold! They email address is unmonitored.
    These crooks need to be stopped before they rob from any more innocent people

• Purchased a trial size bottle of AcaiPure for the price of S&H. Looked at my credit card account and noticed that theyhad charged me an additional $39.95.

• Cr
    craig Dec 05, 2008

responded to 4.95 trial of acaipue and received extra products and 3 charges of 44.90 on my card. no one answers phone or replies to complaint

• Fi
    Filomena Horvath Dec 05, 2008

I was only to pay 4.95 for shipping only and was charged $44.85 on my visa card. will I ever get my money back?

Andrea Stone Dec 05, 2008

Everytime I try to call to correct the billing on my account, I get a 55minute hold. I need to get credit for the two charges of unopened and not ordered hoodiawater and gum! This was never part of my agreement. I only agreed to pay shipping and handling, but was charged 44.85 twice on my Am Express card. Help!!

Mary Farrand Dec 05, 2008

Ipurchased one order of AcaiPure Dietary Supplement 60 capsules and was to pay the shipping only which was only $4.95 and that was on October20, 2008. Now I just had my credit card charged $39.95 on November 9th, 2008. I haven't ordered anything more so shouldn't have been charged anything.
    I try calling them at [protected] and get put on hold and no one ever talks.

Denise Dec 05, 2008

Placed an order for trial product of AcaiPure on 11/5/08, recieved order on 11/14/08, called in to cancel membership that was to start 14 days after recieving product, Well before date was up, cancelled order on 11/17/08. Recieved a cancelation number, was told everything was cancelled. On 12/2/08 recieved a charge for 39.95 for additional product.
    Tried email address, no longer good. Called was on hold, was told wait time was 57 minutes and 48 seconds, I waited for 66.08 minutes someone finally picked up. I personally think this is done on purpose so you can not get threw.
    Reps name was, Paul A, he would not give further info about him. Asked for Manager or Supervisor, was told this call did not require that.
    I told them my situation, told them thier email address was no good, to give me a good one, he said that is a good address. He was only able to give me a $20.00 credit. As I read him the AcaiPure Risk free Trial Offer and Conditions, I was told that was not thier disclamer. This was printed from thier web site. This company must be making a billions on dupping the comsumer. I will never again order anything from the web again. This happens way to often.

deirdre giatrakis Dec 05, 2008

I wish to cancel any further charges for any acaipure products

• He
    Heather Dec 05, 2008

This company is a scam! I have email chains trying to cancel and return my initial order, only to have rcvd a return receipt with no signature and dilivery date. Then when i reviewed my credit card statement, they made additional charges on my card over $100, and never credited my account for the returned items. When you call you get no response and are just put on hold for hours. I've been disputing this with my bank.

• Cy
    Cynthia Herfindahl Dec 05, 2008

Hi, I have the same complaints as I have read posted
    on the Complaints Board web site.
    1) Overcharged: $44.85 should have been $4.85
    For a trial of offer of Acaipure
    2) My account was debited the following month even
    after I had "returned to sender" and "refused" the
    package.
    I have spoken with my bank (Wells Fargo) they stated that they have had many, many, many customers whom they have had this same problem. The bank is working with me, however what a waste of my time not to mention that I now have $$ tied up till this is resolved.
    I have written to Acaipure/Fullfillment Center of
    Florida, the Better Business Bureau of Florida, and
    the Oprah Show. I thought ordering this product
    would not be a "problem" as it was on Oprah's web
    site, once they become aware of this deplorable
    business practice I am confident Acaipure will be
    bumped from the Oprah site if they have not been
    bumped already.
    Good luck to all my fellow consumers whom have
    experienced this unfortunate "scam".
    Just remember, nothing will change unless we speak up, the truth will always set you free!

Cynthia

• Sk
    SK Clinton Dec 05, 2008

I order the FREE trial product and then received not only the product but two other products not ordered (gum & water)---are you kidding!!! I tried on several occasions to phone them to return the product with always an expected wait time of 40 - 50 minutes. I then tried to contact them via e-mail without success. The next month another order arrived --- another call and wait time. This time they disconnected me after 55-minute wait.
    I've contacted my credit card company and a dispute of charges in progress. This is a SCAM and I'm surprised that Oprah has endorsed this companyies product with unethical practices.

danzgould Dec 05, 2008

My account was charged 3 times for onee delivery

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Dec 04, 2008

this is a complaint board, not the company that charged you. You have to contact them directly.

• Ka
    kathleen Dec 04, 2008

The same thing has happened to me, I sent 4.95 shipping for a free(Ha) trial
    and they debited my account on 11/08 & 11/24 for amount of $39.95 and
    $44.90 without permission. I agree something should be done with this company for fraud!!

• Ei
    Eileen Dec 04, 2008

I received a 2nd charge on my account and I only ordered a sample. I do not want the product nor do I wish to pay for the product.