Menu

Absolute Dental review: DECEIVING BUSINESS

T
Author of the complaint
2:18 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I should have read the complaints against Absolute Dental before going there. I went to the one located at 3945 S. Maryland Pkwy. in Las Vegas and it was a terrible experience. In my case, they did NOT honor their ad which offers a "free teeth whitening for new patients only with paid x-ray and exam". I had a toothache, not really bad yet, so from past experience I know I need a filling, however, the dentist, a Filipino, w/o checking my tooth kept staring at the x-ray for the longest time and finally he told me that he ''thought'' I had a loose tooth and tried to push for a root canal, then he changed it for a crown. I insisted on a filling and they had the nerve to charge me $210.00 for one tooth, plus the $95.00 for the x-ray and ''exam'', plus they didn't honor the free tooth whitening...I THINK NOT! and I walked out. The people they employ are all Mexicans from the barrios who cannot communicate in English, I think ICE should pay them a visit. I already reported them to the BBB. There are so many complaints about this business that I think a class action lawsuit is in order. We need to get together and file a complaint.

Jul 31, 2011 8:53 pm EDT

I reported Absolute Dental to the:
Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners
P.O. Box 7238
Reno, NV 89510
(street address: 1105 Terminal Way, Suite 301, 89502)
[protected] / Fax:[protected]
www.state.nv.us/medical
This site is also good to report doctors and hospitals.

Jul 23, 2011 6:17 am EDT

I have: absolutedental.com
I'm going to look for an attorney who is interested in handling a class action. When I do, I will post it here. If anyone has an atty. already, let us know.

Jun 19, 2011 2:27 am EDT

I believe that Terry has a good claim and should see a malpractice attorney asap. Hopefully you kept all your receipts, cancelled checks, anything and everything, even though your attorney will subpoena all records. Channel 13 is a good place to expose those criminals. Also file a complaint with the BBB in your area, you can do it online and it's easy. I am now filing a complaint with the Attorney General as well. It is disgusting to see how our Veterans are treated and take advantage. Your doctor may provide you with your medical records, it's the law anyway, so that when you show up at your attorney's office he can take a look right away of what's been going on. I wish you the best of luck!

More Absolute Dental complaints & reviews

Absolute Dental - James Huynh
Absolute Dental - feel hustled
8 comments
S
Aug 04, 2021 2:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Absolute Bate and Switch : This is the name that this company needs. I have full dental insurance coverage. The week before my appointment to have 3 teeth filled, they told me the procedure was completely covered. Today however, they claim that the procedure was $476. For 3 teeth mind you! I have been going to the Absolute Dental office on Topsy Lane in Carson City, NV. Each time I have gone they are proven to be disorganized and rude. I had a tooth pulled a month ago and I was in the chair for 3 1/2 hours! I am waiting for a set of dentures, which all totaled will take 6 months to receive and they have already been paid! Suffice-it-to-say, I will not be returning to any Absolute Dental, particularly after reading these reviews.

L
Feb 15, 2015 4:52 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went to absolute on south Mccarran in Reno, i had a tooth i wanted pulled and i was concerned i had a infection, Cellulitis. I had it before from a cat bite. The dentist told me she did not care about what happened 10 years ago. I was shocked to find out i was also a candidate for removing all my teeth, and should be done in one day, that day. I was in shock, i have pretty nice teeth. It was all about getting it done before end of January. It was Jan 27. She said because of medicaid. She did not get tooth out and after 3 hours. She got mad at me for crying and screaming in pain. I was told to leave, and go to eye doctor. She claimed i was hit in eye, to had to go to emergency room and have cat scan. infection was heading to my brain, a sinus infection. I am 100% traumatized. I almost let her remove all my teeth. I know i have many years left. But will not get over this. wake up in terror. And want to knock her teeth out. This is very personal and every doctor i see is shocked. will be filling a complaint. want an explanation and still need tooth removed. Going to get consult. Yes this is a practice that is robbing Government and marketing in a sick a violent way. This dentist treated me like i was nothing.

S
Jul 13, 2013 7:22 pm EDT

I had a the worst dentsl visit ever at absolute dental on lake mead and jones I was on the phone with my mom and I said the way there acting is stupid. The lady at the desk said you cant use stupid in here I was like im in the phone than I just said what ever and walked off the girl at desk said we dont have to see your daughter if you go act lik that I said fine I walk to the back to get my baby the girl came to the back and said you need to get out I said ill get out when I get my baby we srarted arguing and a man jump in and said you act lik that in front of your kids im going to call social service that is why your kids are ueducated knowing my daughter has autism a pregnate girl came to the back told me to get out before she clock out and beat my but so I told them to call the police
So I can make a police report the guy started taking pictured of my kids saying im taking a pictures on how crazy your kids are.
So my question is where do I go from here ?

Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm EDT

absolutdental.com is their website, not the contact email that they have listed there...
it is - [email protected] ( not that this provides anything at all, because ALL emails are returned )

Jul 23, 2011 4:04 pm EDT

TOO SMART,
PLEASE do post attorney !
My case is obviously not as criitical as " two wolves ", but is VERY PAINFUL and totally unexcusable !
I am on Social Security and had to pay @ 750.00 upfront because I do not have insurance.
These criminals shoul d be liable for entire amt. Problem is " how to pay for the attorney ?
LIVID !

Jul 23, 2011 5:39 am EDT

in addition : just attempted to send email message to them at the address listed as " CONTACT " on their website...
tried three times -
ALL RETURNED AS UNDELIVERABLE !
criminally corrupt company !

Jul 23, 2011 4:49 am EDT

Went to TOPSY LANE OFFICE - CARSON CITY, NV to have permanent crown put in.
Doctor was as impersonal as is possible to be.
Disinterested, only concerned w/ getting off work ( Fri. afternoon )
Whole exoerience had a hurried corporate feel.
All this would have been annoying, but not worth the trouble of complaining formally...
HOWEVER : 5 HRS later the freaking crown fell out and when I searched for the emergency number...
there isn't any !.
So I am w/ out recourse, except to be in pain until Monday, because they are not open tomorrow...
WORST DENTAL EXPERIENCE OF MY 64 YRS !

working the bonanza plaza five years protecting the property and merchant as their security for the property owner, , absolute dental offered me a lower cost to extract 18 teeth and place the full upper/ partial lower denture in for me, ( Viet Nam related due to Agent Orange ) they extracted 8 one day and 10 two weeks, I used my veterans doctor to get medication, ( Ibprofen 600) after the work done, however they placed the dentures in my mouth and "never " rendered not one antibiotic at all to prevent infection. six days later feel very ill, I couldn't lift my arms to touch the sides of my face and swelled in hands, elbows and knees, I would tell the dentist and they acted as though stumped, I ended in the veterans care going through blood work every test thinkable, 21 st. and 23rd. of this month is now a Cat- San and a needle test to see in I now have permanent nerve damage, no feeling in both hands of thumb and two fingers. the uerologists stated that I aquired Mers- Staff infection, astonished that absolute dd not give me one antibiotic to prevent possible infection after 18 teeth were extracted with a local. the work was done in Febuary ad I came very close to seeing Jesus because of them, after the final results of the Cat-scan and nerve needle test by the veterans specialists, I will sue Absolute dental and place it to channel 13 news on television. I still paid for this in currency to them and illness still in me as I'm still on Meloxicam/ Prednisone, serious medications. Terry L Two Wolves Dillon.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

7 complaints