ABSA Bank — service
I have logged a request with digital online to assist me with an incorrect payment I did on Tuesday morning of R20000. I asked them to assist me to reverse it.
They are more concerned about levying a fee on me than actually assisting to get it done. Every 2nd mail I send I get auto replies telling me what their office hours are. 9:37 in the morning, today at 14:06, so I am wondering if that is why I am not getting assistance - they work only a couple hours every day?
I have been with United/Absa for 40 years, so I really hoped to get assistance the one time I did make an honest mistake. IS there somebody else that can maybe assist?
My initial request:
"I erroneously paid R20 000 this morning into Avon account when I wanted to pay R800 to them and transfer R20000 from my one account to the other. Please assist in reversing that transaction.
Details of transaction:
Amount; R20 000
From account: Private one ([protected])
To account: Avon - First Rand (255005), account [protected]"
I am worried that the longer this drags, the more difficult it will be to reverse the transaction.
More ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - credit card application
- ABSA Bank - debit order