Abesofmaine.comfraud, real bad customer service

L

Ok, I ordered a panasonnic dmc kz28k digital camera from them, being atarcted because of the low price they were offering. There modulus operandy is same as all other fraud sites, I got a mail that "pls call to confirm your order". I did called, very nice (Since was first call), forced me to buy an extra battery/card, I got into the trap of buying extra battery. Order never came, called again and again, they just hung up on me or didnt pick it up or if they did asked to call complain dept.in short, no one was there to take my call because they were more interested in the money.
Luckily, I had made a mistake with the expiration date entry while buying so the credit company denied payment (Though strangely when I entered into there websites online payment, it went through).
So, I would say"pay a bit more but get peace of mind and dnt get cheated". These guys are fraud

• Co
    ColoMtGal Aug 26, 2009

Well, first of all... if you did not give them a good credit card number THAT is the reason you did not get your product! (and THAT is not their fault.)

Second, They are in the business of selling product. There is NO way you were FORCED to buy anything. The poor guy on the line was just doing his job -- being a salesman.

I purchased a big screen tv. I did not buy the cables, warranty, extra packaging on a pallet (since I figured if the tv arrived with visible damage, I would not accept delivery from the freight company. If the tv did not work, I would be dealing with the manufacturer). The tv arrived promptly. The delivery guy brought the tv inside my house, helped me remove the packaging and inspect the tv. I could not have asked for more from Abe's. The problem YOU had was more a problem caused by you than by Abe's.

• Df
    dfantozzi Aug 03, 2010

In 2008, I purchased a 32" LCD Samsung TV and a 3 year extended warranty, which was $149. I specifically asked and was told that it extended 3 years beyond the expiration of the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Recently the TV began having problems. When I checked on the warranty company, repairtech.com, they were out of business. I called Abes of Maine, and they could have cared less that there was no warranty available and made no offer for other arrangements despite my requests. I was informed that legally they weren't required to do anything and that the warranty only extended for 3 years beyond the purchase date, exactly the opposite of what the salesman had said. I would have never bought it if I knew that were the case. Essentially, that's paying $149 for 2 years of service after the manufacturer's warranty expires, which I was denied anyway. In talking with the customer service rep, it was mentioned that there was an extra charge for express shipping because I had a package deal even though the website advertised free shipping. Very cleverly, the receipt didn't break down the charges, just a lump sum, so it was easy to overlook charges I didn't request in my excitement of receiving the TV. Jason was the name of the person I talked to - you could tell that he would say anything and didn't care if the company satisfied their customers. Repeatedly, he challenged my memory when I made statements about the transaction. That's an obvious tactic utilized.

• Fo
    fotoguy777 Jan 13, 2011

Watch Out for the REVIEWS on Internet SELLERS !!! Contact the BBB.org FIRST, ...THEN DECIDE !!! I Was Totally Disappointed By a NYC Seller Called "PowersellerNYC.com" !!! The 47" VIZIO TV was Not Only NON Functional Out of the Box, ...BUT Also Didnt Have any Serial # ON IT !!! ...Went to BBB.org after the purchase & They Got an "F" Rating From A-F Score !!! I eventually got a Full Refund after Much Anguish and Had to Wait 3 more weeks for the Credit Card Refund after waiting 3 1/2 weeks for the Disappointing Delivery!!!

• Te
    TElmee Sep 01, 2016

Stay away from this place. Great price. Free shipping. It happened twice so its not occasionally.

1. I order camcorder . Then they wait two MONTHS to tell me they "oversold" the item that was listed as "available" on their website. I call them every week and they have ready stories like IT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU FROM OUR WAREHOUSE IN CALIFORNIA, or THE CAMERA COME BACK TO US BECAUSE YOU WASN'T AT HOME(funny when I request for tracking they start babbling), or WE ARE READY TO SEND THE CAMERA TO YOU(and again few days waiting to call them and finfd out in's not in stock).

After I cancel that order I have to call them two more times to get my money back which took them almost two weeks.
    2 time, the item was "available" again, I paid extra for next day delivery. After one week cancel the order.

4. I order camera which suppose to came with memory card which cost $199, instead the send me cheap card for $74 After I call them some guy try to convince me that the one I get (transcent CF 20MB/S) is better and faster than SANDISC CF 90MB/S!!!. After long conversation(he was very rude) he agree to exchange the card for the one I should get. WELL GUESS WHAT! I get another Transcent but they send SD insted CF!

I call them again and I ask for manager. He was very understanding and agree that the Abesofmaine have huge mess and employees problem. After hat phone call I get what I should.

5 VERY VERY RUDE PEOPLE WHO KEEP CALL YOU TO CONFIRM THE ORDER AND TRY TO SELL YOU 3RD COMPANY ACCESSORIES.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices