A & E Factory Servicescheduleing nightmare!!!

K

A & e factory service? More like non-service! Wow, after reading all these complaints I feel better that i'm not alone in the service provided by a & e. At least they don't discriminate, they treat everyone poorly. They truly do not care about their customers and have no respect for their time. They rescheduled with me 4 times (Twice on the day of the appointment as I was home from work waiting on them)... They obviously have no idea what the term "appointment" means. When they do reschedule, it is never for the next day but rather at least 3 days later. Apparently they don't think the service they provide is critical - - - my amana side-by-side refrigerator was out for 25 days, they did not care that we could not have milk for our kids!

I called whirlpool twice about this and was politely told that a & e factory service was an independant company which they don't have control over their scheduling, however they did help me with scheduling them. If I was whirlpool, I would seriously reconsider having this company represent them as a service provider!

• Ly
    Lynn O'Brien Sep 12, 2007

Rude, non-helpful customer service. If my parts are delivered when they say I'll only have been waiting for my dishwasher to be fixed for 10 days. I'm getting the runaround as far as when the part was ordered or when it will arrive. For some reason I have to track the package myself. The tech is great, but I will never use A &E again.

• Da
    David Whitmore Sep 27, 2007

After waiting 2 weeks for a service rep to show up from A&E for a Maytag dishwasher recall the service tech in the process of trying to repair broke a part. Now we're told that we have to wait another 2 weeks even though we already have the replacement part. The people at A&E are NOT helpful, are NOT customer oriented, are NOT willing to stand behind their mistakes. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Kd
    K Dooley Oct 22, 2007

I wish I had read all the complaints on this site and another site posted. It definitely would have saved me a lot of aggravation and cash. I called A&E because they were listed on Kitchenaid's website. I needed a door seal for my dishwasher. ($25.00 at Sears.com) They told me there would be a one time service charge of $65.00 but failed to mention a minimum labor charge of $145.00. It cost me a total of $215.00 to put a new door seal in which took 3 minutes to replace. What a rip off! Now I understand that they are owned by Sears. Wish I would have know that as well... Sears lost my business years ago when they lowered my credit card limit because (get this!) I paid in full and on time!

• Ti
    Tim Capps Jan 07, 2008

The technician never showed on a Saturday and a Supervisor named Mel told me I was rescheduled for a Thursday and that I could send a letter to Dale Reader (Probably a deadletter office in their mailroom) to complain. I was never called about the reschedule nor was a called on Saturday. I am calling whirlpool back to log a complaint.

NEVER, NEVER use this company.

• Bp
    BP Mar 05, 2008

A&E Factory Service has to be the worst service company around. Their web site, http://www.aefactoryservice.com/ae_consumer/index.html, says they do Saturday service calls, they don't. It also says that they carry most parts in the van, they haven't had a single one yet that the tech needed and I guess they don't stock them at the local office either. We've been without a our Whirlpool washer for 7+ weeks. I've taken over 4 days off (with more to come) to be at the house to meet the A&E Service Tech. Each time he has to order a part and it's another two weeks without a washer.

The area where they are good is in giving you the run around. Don't bother trying to complain or escalating, it's a waste of your time. I can't see how the big appliance companies can even recommend these guys looking at the list of similar complaints.

• Ri
    Richard Herrera Jul 01, 2008

I agree, Lowe's sent them put to fix my refridge they could not find the problem, then they told my husband they wanted $69.00 trip charge, no one ever told us about any charges, we thought that Lowes was going to pick it up for warranty.
    When I called the Company the woman answering the phone said yes there is a trip charge. My husband tried to explain that there was no information regarding this trip charge when setting the appointment.
    They charged us the other day we got it in the mail, now we have to go through the process of disputing it in court.

• St
    Stacey Sep 16, 2008

I bought a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher April 2008 from Sears. On August 26, it stopped working. I called Sears. They set up an appointment to have A&E come out on 9/2, that was the soonest they could come. They were here for 1 1/2 hours. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with the dishwasher. It was 1 of 2 parts. So, they had to order both parts. They said the soonest they would be able to come back was 9/12. On 9/9, they called me to tell me that only one of the 2 parts were on the way so they were cancelling my appointment. I argued with them, attempted to get a supervisor, to no avail. They said they will not come unless I have both parts. They really don't know which part that I need. So, they set up another appointment for 9/19. Well, they called me on 9/15 to tell me that the other part has shipped and I should have it by 9/18. The appointment that I have is tentative and unless I call them when I receive that part, my appointment will be canceled. Why should I call them? Why is it my job? They are have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM SEARS!

• Ke
    Ken Nov 11, 2008

I had a Kenmore frig problem, I read about all the bad reports
    about A & E Factory Service, nothing could be farther than
    a complaint, he showed up on time fixed the problem in two
    hours had it up and running cleaned up the inside checked
    it all out and we were back in service, he also had all the parts
    to fix it, thank you A & E Service. Ken

• Bo
    bop Nov 11, 2008

Most experiences depend on Location location location. Be glad you didnt get the crappy service.

• Pe
    Peter Dec 10, 2008

Wow, where to start with this crappy crappy Horrible terrible insultingly useless company. Every complaint posted here is 100% accurate. They must not have anyone named Dale Reader (alleged CEO) because he would be drowning in complaint letters.

I would sooner throw out and buy a new appliance before I would use this $hitty company and give them on cent of anyone's money.

NEVER EVER EVER under any circumstances use this scam of a company!!!

max Jan 23, 2009

Yes A&eE is not great company, but u don't know about techs. They are have 1-2 week training, got old truck stock, always under pressure from management to sale some craps like filters, warranties, cleaners etc. for 3times higher price than store. All the time sale!!! sale!!! Some smart ### & Sears Holdings think stupid cust will be happy, he/she doesn't have to go to the store to buy this stuff. But who will pay 3 times more??? Tech support line even worst, does people read from paper, never worked as a tech. That why service is bad

• Th
    thewism Feb 02, 2009

They are the worst company I ever dealt with. They came to fix a light bulb issue in my Kitchen Aid refrigerator and instead of fixing the problem made it worse by blowing out to of the electrical boards. Now I have nothing working and were told I have to wait a week for the next appointment to fix it. I call to conform the day before only to be told there was a "scheduling conflict" and I have to wait another week. I am now in the process of finding someone else to help me. To add insult to injury, they are rude on the phone and could care less that they were the ones that "broke" my frig to the point where it is not even useful now! Please do yourself a favor and never use this company.

• Ho
    homeowner2009 Mar 06, 2009

A & E is the WORST service company I have ever dealt with. Our family of 7 has been without our Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator for TWO MONTHS now. A & E has been to my house 3 times, each time the 'appointment' had to be scheduled 10 days out based upon their 'next available appt' with zero flexibility no matter what the job entailed. As I type this I have a 2nd new compressor sitting in my kitchen which was overnighted from Kitchenaid, but A&E can't get back to my house for 9 days to do their second part installation. It is March 6th, and my first call to them was January 9th. They took our money, so now we are stuck, and we have no refrigerator. All 3 times I had an appointment, the tech called that day, and asked to reschedule because they had too many other calls that day!!! When they left my house at 6:30 pm, they still had 2-3 more calls to get to. Something is terribly wrong with this company. DO NOT USE THEM YOU WILL BE SORRY.

• Ve
    Very upset May 22, 2009

I have had two dealings with A&E Factory Service and both times they have blown off appointments. They call, confirm and never show up. The worst thing about it is that they take no accountability for it. Offer nothing more than a sorry for their mistakes. The first experience I had with this outfit they called me three days in a row and told me their truck broke down. Stay away.

• Fi
    fishwizard7 Jul 24, 2009

Let me start by apologizing to all the consumers out there for having to endure the service nightmare called A&E Factory Service. (owned by Sears)
    I have been in the product repair business for over twenty years and was employed by this company for 18 months. UNTIL TODAY!
    My route today consisted of eight morning calls, "including one two hour job", five afternoon calls "including a two hour sealed system repair", and don't forget the mandatory 30 minute lunch break .
    You the consumer were led to believe that you had an 8-12 or 1-5 appointment, which you had to miss work or other activity to wait home for a technician to arrive.
    By 1:00 I still had three morning calls and had not taken my MANDATORY lunch break. The (mis)-management were all attending a safety meeting today, so they were not available to help us out with the poor job that ROUTING habitually offers. This is a common reality for the Sears/ A&E technician.
    There are many men and women working there that are truly fantastic technicians. Some with over 35 years. I will miss working with them.
    My message to you MR./Mrs consumer is this: There are options available when you decide to call the manufacturer or service contract company.
    FLATLY TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WANT THIS COMPANY AT YOUR RESIDENCE!!! You are the reason that they are in business.
    Please call the small service provider in the phone book, also ask friends or co-workers who they use.
    I submitted my immediate resignation today and will soon join the ranks of the Independent Appliance Servicer. Hopefully you will someday call me (if you live in sunny Florida) and I will provide you with service you can tell your friends and nieghbors about.
    "In a good way of course."

Best wishes

• Lo
    longval Dec 08, 2009

If you need to have your appliance repaired...DO NOT USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE...They have total disregard for their customers...Will not give you a time window, just will be there between 8am and 5pm. Then will call you at 4:15 pm and say they must reschedule...after you have taken a day off from work. They could care less. Will not even give you any credit for their lack of performance and you losing a days pay..If you need repair call Morris County Repair at 973-664-1006...They do a great job!

• Ha
    Hate A&E Dec 11, 2009

WORST COMPANY EVER. DO yourself a favor and DO NOT CALL THEM. RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND THEY KNOW NOTHING. They use your product manual to fix the appliance and they will never get the job done.

• Je
    jenturri Mar 22, 2010

I could not agree more... I had a refrigerator go out that A&E serviced 2 weeks prior and the fridge has gone out again. Medication and that needs to be refrigerated, and many produce items were just purchased. Their "EMERGENCY Service" is scheduled for the next day. I have never heard of EMERGENCY service not being same day?? . A&E was notified at 9:30 am and still could not get someone over the same day.

This is Kitchen aid’s go to service company and I am shocked on the level service that has been received. When I contacted Kitchen aid they agreed ER service is next day but would see what they could do. Who will cover the medication cost and food reimbursement for the customer?? Kitchen aid or A&E??

Very Frustrated...

• Rm
    RM2 Apr 21, 2010

I cannot beleive why Sears is still doing business with this company. I completely agree their customer srevice over the phone is pretty much one of the worst I have ever expereinced. They do not care about the customers. My refrigeratr broke down in the middle of summer it has been 5 days since then, no one has showed up after rescheduling twice and nw they have rescheduled for the third time 2 days later which will be exactly a week before it gets fixed. I have kids in the house and that is what makes it difficult. I wouldn't care s much if it was winter, because atleast u can store the necessary food items outside. But in summer there is nothing you can do about it. I think Sears needs to get better service people. It is so frustrating!!!

• Wi
    winbu May 14, 2010

OMG...this is the worst company that i have ever dealings with...3 supervisors later and all i get is "our policy" obviously their policy is not customer service or actually fixing the problem that they were contracted to do. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! all i wanted was my door on the refrigerator fixed so it would close and not lose air...i was told by the tech that he wasn't familar with this brand and didn't like working on them...so we all know how that turned out, after i ran after him in the driveway to come back he wasn't happy, he mumbled for 10 minutes and left...we closed our cabin down for the winter, and i called to have them come back out to fix THEIR problem, and was told basically, you pay for another trip charge and service charge we will be there...now i am not unreasonable, i said i will pay for the tech's time, just please don't charge me for the trip charge...and the same rehearsed voice..."it's our policy...you have 90 days..." DON'T USE THEM!!!

• Pr
    prncssgeek Jun 10, 2010

I am part of the Maytag recall and this company has really done a number on me. The first company couldn't do the repair so Maytag scheduled with A&E for Wednesday 6-9 between 1 and 5. At 5pm Wednesday I called the company to find out why there was no repair man. I was told that he called in at 3:30 and said he didn't have the parts. So after some yelling and screaming they scheduled me for the next day between 1 and 5. I called at 3:30 to check to make sure the repair person was still coming, I was told yes. At 5 I called to find out where he was and was told that I called the day before and canceled the appointment because I bought a new dishwasher. And I was told that Thursday's appointment wasn't really scheduled it was requested if a tech became available. I screamed why would I have a requested appointment if I bought a new dishwasher. Then he was blaming me saying that I misunderstood. I have an appointment tomorrow between 8 and 12. This is day three that I've had to reschedule MY life and wait on them. I do not think they will show up and have a backup appointment with another company for Monday. I'm livid that NO ONE at A&E is working to fix this. I've finally got through to an escalation team at Maytag and they are supposed to call me back.

angercomsumer Jul 28, 2010

I totally agree with everybody's complaints.b/c I was experienced horribe services with A & E for last two week. They are not showing for two week in a row. They are even call you day before to confirm your appointmnet, but still no show for next day. They are not even bother to call you for not showing. This alreday happened twice alreday. when you call A & E CSR, they told you they are compeltely overbooked. What? I know it is ridicous. I don't know how come the A & E can still in business with countless complaints. Where is our consumer's right?

• Mm
    mmgilbert Aug 03, 2010

I am dealing with A&E Factory Repair Services right now. They make promises that they don't keep. Rather than answering questions, they avoid them. I recommend never buying the appliances that they service. That includes Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid and Sears. If my experience is any guide, you will encounter broken promises, incompetent people and a complete disregard for the customer.

• Ky
    Kyle Macci Aug 30, 2010

This is crazy!! I'm a police officer and I took the the day off to accomodate the repair person who was suppose to be at my home to service my Sears washer and dryer between 8am and 12pm. NO SHOW!!! Not even a phone call! I'm so pissed off! I called Sears 800 repair number and got some clown in Singapor. I'm never buying a Sears product again... Shame on Sears for fuc$ink their customers over with this Mickey Mouse operation.. A&E Factory Service and SEARS... Never again.. 08/25/10. I hope Google picks this up. A&E Factory Service A&E Factory Service A&E Factory Service A&E Factory Service.

• Ov
    Oven madness Oct 01, 2010

THIS IS CRAZY!!! I hired Ae factory services to fix my oven, they were convinced that I needed to a new panel as well as a sensor for the oven, I figure ok, my kitchen needs to be redone and i don't want to put another wall oven in there because they're too small, so I had it fixed, well let me tell you after paying them $498 and change the oven has started acting up again and right after they're so called 3 month warranty. Is it me or is this company ripping consumers off and giving us terrible service, I think it's time to make a complaint on the BBB website. I'm going to call them and see if they'll come out to fix it again without charging me and if not it's on. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GET THESE PEOPLE TO FIX ANYTHING IN YOUR HOME, ALL THESE COMPANIES USE THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE CHEAP. I'll be using service magic next time.

• Ju
    JustinKase Dec 05, 2010

To make a very long story short...
    After over two months of different A&E techs ordering the wrong parts, showing up late for appointments they were finally able to repair my dishwasher. However, once I loaded it with the first full load the entire thing shifted forward. If it hadn't hit the counter top it would have fallen on top of me, my wife, our child, or possibly even the dog. Both dish racks flung out and dishes flew across the kitchen floor. Luckily none were broken and no one hurt. I called A&E and asked if someone could come back out to secure it properly and they said not without a charge! The work was done under warranty and they were no longer responsible!
    In Short, A&E is the worst company I have ever dealt with and that includes airlines (don't get me started on the airlines)! If you have a choice of service companies I recommend you go any where else. The customer service is appalling if not insulting and the technicians are incompetent and late perpetually late for appointments.

• Lg
    lgt12 Jan 21, 2011

A & E FACTORY SERVICE = WORST SERVICE EVER!! WRONG PARTS NOT SHOWING UP!! WORST! WORST!!! I've been 4 weeks without an oven because they cancel, order wrong parts, don't know how to install parts! UNBELIEVABLE!!

• Cc
    ccsoycelia Feb 26, 2011

folks don't waste your time with A&E. they are the worst of the worst and they are an absolute joke! whirlpool/maytag authorized A&E to resolve a recall problem, so i had to deal with A&E. the first scheduled appointment- it was a no show (i waited 4 hrs). the second scheduled appointment-another no show (another 4 hrs). need i say more ...

• Df
    DFW0006 Mar 03, 2011

New Whirlpool Cabrio dryer 3 months old quit drying. Called Lowes where I bought it; appt set with A&E per Whirlpool warranty for 1-5pm. No show even though customer service at A&E verified I was "in the que" for technician that day. After 6pm got recorded msg to call back to reschedule appt. Did so; another 1-5pm set up and another 4 hours off from work. Talked to A&E c/s every hour to verify that appt - "yes" I was told, but "no" it never happened. Filed complaints with Lowes mgmt, corporate plus A&E mgmt plus Whirlpool. Third time around I finally got a technician to appear at my home - after 10 hours of missed work. what a nightmare. see their bogus claims of excellence at corp website www.aefactoryservice.com - DFW 3-3-11

• Se
    Señora Mar 12, 2011

I went through Lowes to get my dishwasher fixed and they scheduled my appt with A & E factory service. I waited around 2 Saturdays for them to come out and no one ever did. When I called and asked them they told me they did not have my appt for the first week and apologized. The second week I was proactive and called and checked. When the repairman wasn't at my home when he was sup[posed to be I called again and they said he was on his way. 1 & 1/2 hour later still not there. I called again and they said oh he called in sick sorry...WHAT. I asked to talk to a manager because someone needed to come to my house and fix my dishwasher. They said they only had one person in the whole state that did that...really? They would not give me any names or addresses. I finally got the corporate address and I made a formal complaint with the better business bureau... I highly recommend you all do the same. Corporate address is : 1300 Louis Henna Blvd. Round Rock, TX 78664 Attn. Dale Reeder. I also told Lowes of the bad seervice and they are also reporting them. I hope that no one else is screwed over by this company.

• Js
    jst4kix63 Mar 25, 2011

I Called in for service to my dryer on 3/14/2011 & got an appointment for Tuesday 21st bet. 1:00 & 5:00pm. It was a total waste of a day off. I called a little after 1:00pm on 3/21 to conform my appointment. The representative from A & E assured that someone will be there between the appointed hours. No one called and no one showed. I contacted A & E a little after 5:00 and was informed the appointment was cancelled. I was very upset and requested to speak to a supervisor. I was given a new appointment for 3/24 bet 1:00 & 5:00pm. I was contacted by the A & E Service tech about 1:15pm for conformation. He informed me It was a cash call. I informed him the appliance is under waranty. I informed him that I will contact my warranty company and have everything in order by the time he gets here. he replied ok. I contacted A & E to clear up the matter and was informed my appointment which is scheduled 3/24(today) was cancelled. I was very upset. Now I've wasted two days. I requested to speak to a supervisor. After explaining the situation I was given an appointment for 3/25(friday) bet. 8:00 & 12:00. I contacted my Warranty company (lowe's) and was given an appiontment for 3/29 from 1:00-5:00pm.I informed them that I already have an appointment for 3/25. they informed that it should not be a problem and they make a note to the account. the service appointment was submitted & they told me to contact A & E after an hour and conform that everything's ok. About an hour and fifteen minutes later I contacted A & E. Only to find out that they again cancelled my appointment. Now I'm very upset. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I was told none was available. the A & E Rep. took my # and said a supervisor would call me back. More than 45 minutes went by and no call. I took the liberty of placing that call myself. I explained my situation to the supervisor(Mark) from the beginnin, however, my problem fell on deaf ears. I'm a Radiographer by profession and also work in a service related field. Unprofessional behavior such as this does not belong in any customer service field. Is this how your company makes its money. I was always under the impression that the customer comes FIRST. As it stands I would NEVER recomend A & E to anyone...

anonymousjld Jun 10, 2011

I just moved into a new house, which I am renting & the ovens ignitor went out. Since I am just renting it was obviously not purchased my me. My landlord purchased the oven from brand smart on octobter 23rd of 2010 & is currently still under warranty. He contacted A&E to send out one of their service technicians. When they finally arrived he asked me what the issue was & I replied that the gas oven wasn't lighting & I believed that it was the ignitor. He then checked it out & confirmed that I was correct & that it would be $271.00 to fix. I refused his service & he then informed me that I still had to pay a $70.00 home call charge. I got my landlord on the phone & the tech then spoke with him to figure out a payment. My landlord told the technician that it was indeed under warranty & that there shouldn't be a charge. Obviously I did not have proof of warranty on hand so I was left to pay the amount. Later my landlord went to brand smart to get a copy of the receipt of purchase & warranty to put in my hand. He also called A&E to try & refund the amount I had paid. I received a called from them afterward informing me that within 24 my $70.00 would be refunded back to my account. They also set up another appointment for someone to finally fix the oven. Apparently my landlord had given me the wrong receipt for another item he had purchased through brand smart. Therefore when the technician came for the second time he didn't even look at the oven because I didn't have the proof of warranty & he left. I then called brand smart & they told me that according to their records the oven was indeed under warranty. I called my landlord & he informed me that he had accidentally given me the wrong receipt & that he would bring it to me in a few days. I then called A&E factory to check on my supposed pending refund & the representative told me that they would not refund me unless I faxed them proof of warranty. After already being told that this was being taken care of previously, I in turn was furious & told him that I should have already had this taken care of. According to his company earlier that day letting me know that a service technician was coming I was supposed to me getting refunded in their system. I now still have a broken oven & short $70.00 for nothing! Don't use A&E unless you feel like throwing your money in the garbage.

• Mc
    MCompton Jul 14, 2011

AWFUL all the way around! Scheduling is a nightmare, and even when they do show, they don't fix anything! We have had a total of seven appointments with A&E to fix our dishwasher, which is covered under a home warranty. We paid them a $60 co-pay on the first visit. The lower washer arm does not turn or spray water. The first technician ordered a part. He returned about a week later and installed the part, but didn't check that it actually fixed the problem--it didn't. I called back, and a different technician came out. He said that everything was working, but we needed to use hotter water. This was an outright lie. I called again. The first technician came back out, confirmed that the arm wasn't turning, and said that the part he had previously installed was bad. When the new replacement part came, I scheduled another appointment. An hour after the 4-hour appointment time, someone called to saying they couldn't make it and rescheduled the appointment for a few days later. When that day rolled around, the technician called saying he was on my street but needed to call the manufacturer before he came. He never showed or called. I left a message on the cellphone he had called from. He still didn't call. I called Sears to find out what happened, and the had no record. They just said the appointment had been cancelled. I called the home warranty company, who also couldn't figure out why A&E had cancelled. They rescheduled another appointment, for today. No show, no call. I called Sears, who said the home warranty company had cancelled the appointment and changed to another service provider. The home warranty company said this wasn't the case, but did transfer the service request to a different provider after my call. Hopefully we will have better luck with someone else. A&E were total schmucks!

• Ha
    HauteMama Aug 05, 2011

The repairman failed to wait for the wash cycle to run, so the washer is still broken and apparently the 800-service number was unable to get him to return because the ticket was closed. So I've not only had to wait over 2.5 weeks since first calling for a repair, but now I have to wait even longer. With a 4 month old baby we generate a lot of laundry. We're rescheduled for tomorrow, but what's the guarantee that we even needed a new part if the washer is throwing the same error code as before? I also want to file a complaint against the technician (ID # 0771121), since he left before confirming the repair.

This has been a horrible experience from beginning to end. Most of all the nonsense about the technician being unable to return during the period I had to take off work to be available, and now will have to take off part of tomorrow too.

• Da
    danoesq2 Jun 19, 2012

I used to work for A&E (Sears). The training sucks and the pressure from management is horrible (total as-----s, especially the yahole in charge of the mid peninsula- total idiot. He used to fix tv's and was hired through the buddy system- laziest idiot I ever worked for). They treat you like crap, overwork you and pressure you to sell products customers don't need. What a crappy company and very poorly run.

Marc Niski Jun 26, 2012

A & E Company supposed to fix my refrigerator between 1 - 5 p.m and showed up at the door with out shoe protection, with out tools, complain of his back hurting, did not fix anything, did not introduce himself and just left. I called the department, but the technician manager consider himself as "GOD" and are not able to talk to him. Be sure to not use this company EVER again.- Marc from Sarasota

• Bg
    bgrop Jun 29, 2012

These people are liars, crooks and ###s. I tried patiently to get them on the phone, even to chat with a supervisor, and they did nothing but transfer me around and hang up on me. i had 3 plumbers out to verify that it was their fault for damage to my house and they did not take the blame. i will never let them in my house again.

• Aa
    a&esucks Aug 08, 2012

First I made an appointment with A & E through Whirpool. Called A & E the next day, and cleared up Whirpool's mistakes on the service call (they had the wrong address). I made sure I got a confirmation number from A & E.

I was scheduled between 8-noon today. I called at eleven, since I hadn't heard from anyone. No one called me back. I called them
    at 1 PM and was told they overschedule and I could be reschedule for Friday. Yea, right. NO THANKS.

PS: They are owned by Sears.

• Dj
    D. J. Oct 12, 2012

Had a service call on October 11 in which they left saying that the washing machine was fixed but we discovered it was not fixed on October 12. When calling the company to fix their performance problem, they were only able to reschedule on October 24. What do you do for 12 days without a washing machine and three kids under the age of 7. Unacceptable follow through.

• Gb
    gbenson Jun 21, 2013

After two months of misdiagnosed repairs, appointments with no reminder calls or calls before they were supposed to show up, rescheduled appointments due to broken down trucks (that one was creative), and rude customer service reps, one of which laughed at me, I finally saw the light. I called Maytag (my dryer never worked properly with the sensor dry so its under warranty) and told them I was not dealing with A&E Factory service ever again. They didn't bat an eye and made an appointment for me with another company. I just finished my complsint to the Better Business Bureau, too. Save yourself a migraine and call another repair service!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices