7-Eleven — excessive sales taxing
I live in the Los Angeles area where the local sales tax rate is .0925%. I purchase a news paper several times a week at several local 7-Eleven stores. When rounded off to the nearest 2 digit whole number, the state tax on $ 2.75 = .25 . Yet, every one of the stores charges 26 cent tax. I noticed that other convenience stores charge 25 cent tax. I did the math and sure enough, your stores are overcharging on the state tax. When I asked the local 7-Eleven representatives why they do that, they all say that "corporate" sets the prices and they can do nothing about it.
That is why I am writing to you. Obviously, it's not about the money. However, what you are doing is dishonest and outright wrong. When rounding off tax totals you do not get to round off to the next higher number until the third digit to the right of the decimal point is equal to or greater than 5. That is how it has been for the past 100 years or more.
More 7-Eleven Complaints & Reviews
- 7-11 - rude atitude / bad service 
- 7-Eleven - rude customer service 
- 7-11 (Stinky sign North St) - price gouging on soda refills 
- 7-Eleven - slurpee pricing clarification on refill over 32 oz
- 7-Eleven - nacho cheese 
- 7-Eleven - customer service/gas station
- 7-Eleven - my complaint is an employee.
- 7-Eleven - cashier
- 7-Eleven - employees
- 7-Eleven - verizon refill card