Having problems with Young Explorers?

Young Explorers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 20, 2009. The latest review Unauthorized Charges was posted on Nov 16, 2021. The latest complaint Shipping Charge was resolved on Dec 13, 2014. Young Explorers has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 30 reviews. Young Explorers has resolved 7 complaints.

Young Explorers Customer Service Contacts

1877 756 5058 (Customer Service)
101 Billerica Ave, Building 2
North Billerica, Massachusetts
Mail Address:
P.O. Box 3338, Chelmsford, MA 01824-0938

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Young Explorers Customer Service. Initial Young Explorers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Young Explorers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Young Explorers. Discuss the issues you have had with Young Explorers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Young Explorers Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Young ExplorersShipping Charge

Ordered two toys from Young Explorers on line. Printed the invoice (Bill) which indicated that shipping was free. Merchandise was received. My credit card showed that I was billed $11.95 for shipping! I phoned Young Explorers, requested a credit on the shipping charge and they told me I had to fill out paperwork in order to get back my shipping charge. I explained to them that when I placed the order that my invoice said the shipping was free, that they should make the adjustment and credit my account. Young Explorer's refused to that. Based on that, I will never order from them again. This is false advertising on their part.

1 Response
    • Ka
      Kathy Hanson Dye Oct 18, 2018

I placed an order on 10/15 and paid for rush shipping. According to the catalog and on-line shipping information, shipping with rush would take 2-4 business days for the Eastern Time Zone. The item was shipped on 10/16 and I needed it for my grandson's birthday party on 10/21. I then received a notice from FedEx that it would be delivered on 10/23--6 business days for shipping! I have called the customer service and talked to 4 different reps including 2 supervisors and they tell me that there is a 5-8 day processing time, which is not what is advertised. I am very unhappy with this service and have stopped payment on the charge.
      FALSE ADVERTISING.

Young Explorers — Tell your FB friends to avoid and share

This "company" must be totally avoided. Please post to all your FB contacts, and ask them to share with all...

Youngexplorers.com — I HIGHLY recommend NOT ordering from Young Explorers

I HIGHLY recommend NOT ordering from Young Explorers. I purchased a birthday gift on 19 October for my 5 year...

Young Explorers — Shopping Essentials Scam

Over two years ago, I purchased some educational toys for my grandchhildren online from Young Explorers. Two...

Young ExplorersHorrible Service and Deceptive Practices

I would rate their store lower than one star. I ordered something for a child for Christmas on the Dec 16th with the rush delivery. Now they are saying it is not going to be here till Dec 29th. Called customer service and it is "Nothing we can do". Their shipping policy specifically said that it was 3 to 4 day delivery for stuff that is in stock, which this item was and it was ordered on the 16th. So I paid extra for something that is arriving later that the date it was supposed to have, EVEN having given myself some extra delivery time? What BS!!!

Horrible customer service too...first person didn't care and almost immediately passed me off by putting me on hold for 1/2 hour and then the second person had no idea what my case was about and just started over. I should have bothered waiting, cause she didn't care either.

Respond

Young Explorersno customer service

They do not deserve your business. My package did not arrive, I inquired twice about a tracking number (not), sent a third very complete inquiry when the package had not arrived after two weeks. No response whatsoever. The package finally did arrive, one item does not work, but do do not want to deal with these people again. That is, assuming that they would respond to my request.

4 Responses
        • Bl
          blame the parents here Dec 26, 2013

"This "company" should be avoided completely. Please post on FB to all your contacts, and ask each one to post to their contacts. They need to be reported and taken down. "

That usually does not work.

• Te
          terry seale Dec 26, 2013

• So
          Sonsarrah Dec 30, 2010

This company is not worth anyone's time or money. We ordered Xmas gifts for my son 3 weeks before Christmas and only 1 item out of the 6 has arrived as of today. I made several attempts via email and phone to contact them. No response to my emails and I sat on hold for over an hour each time. When I finally got through this am, I was told they could only cancel the items on back order (which I was not told about) and the gifts in route were my responsibility to return. Not a single apology was offered for my experience or the inconvenience. Bad, bad, bad!

• Gr
          Grufnik Dec 22, 2010

I had a similar experience.

I would rate their store lower than one star if I could. I ordered something for a child for Christmas on the Dec 16th with the rush delivery. Now you are saying it is not going to be here till Dec 29th. Called customer service and it is "Nothing we can do". Their shipping policy specifically said that it was 3 to 4 day delivery for stuff that is in stock, which this item was and it was ordered on the 16th. So I paid extra for something that is arriving later that the date it was supposed to have, EVEN having given myself some extra delivery time? What BS!!!

Youngexplorers.comTheir customer service is extremely misleading, disappointing, and certainly not geared towards satisfying their customers

A friend sent my son a $100.00 item from Young Explorer's for his birthday. We felt funny exchanging the item, but decided it was too similar to something he already had. I have purchased items many times before, as well, from YE).

After paying $26.00 (oversized, insured, UPS) out of pocket (which I knew ahead of time I would be doing), Young Explorers received the item December 3. (Three separate times I called mid-day and was told to call later due to "heavy calls"). I had written on the back of the return form the items we wanted in lieu of the original gift just as their instructions stated; but, one month later... nothing arrived. So I called, spoke to a rep who acknowledged the account was noted Dec. 23. Now, two weeks later and MULTIPLE follow up phone calls, I have been told me that they credited her credit card (which they say is now being declined) and are unable to exchange the item. Their UNPUBLICIZED/UNWRITTEN store policy is that EVERY item is ALWAYS credited back and requested items for EXCHANGE are then RECHARGED to the purchaser. So, the bottom line is the gift giver ALWAYS know if the recipient returns the gift for something else (which can be awkward). In my case, I would actually have to call my friend and say, "Can you please call them and give them a new credit card number because for all I know your expiration date is different from the one in their computer or your card number was stolen and you've cancelled your card." My friend is financially secure; that is not the issue. HOW AWKWARD TO HAVE TO DO THIS! HOW AWKWARD FOR THE GIVER TO KNOW IF YOU ARE EXCHANGING THE GIFT! This "exchange" policy is not printed anywhere on the form but according to YE it is their state law. One person I spoke with said, "Let me ask my supervisor if we can issue a gift card..." "unfortunately, no." I was told this again (after I requested to please speak to the supervisor). Sadly, the "supervisor" was INCREDIBLY indifferent and basically read a "one size fits all" script on how to handle situations like these. I will definitely ask my friend if she has been credited for the amount, and I will encourage her and ALL of my friends to shop elsewhere for true customer service. They need to take a lesson from Zappos, Target, or the Department of Motor Vehicles for that matter. Very disappointing. I never raised my voice or used bad language, but did tell them their customer service is extremely misleading, disappointing, and certainly not geared towards satisfying their customers. It is NOT 100% as stated on their website.

Respond

Young Explorers — Scam

I ordered ~$400.00 in toys from Young Explorers on December 12, 2009. Some of the items were listed as "Out...

Youngexplorers.com — Fraud

They offer you a coupon on your order. If you accept it, they will enroll you @ shoppingessentials plus, and...

Youngexplorers.comBad service

I recently ordered an item from Young Explorers.com. They had told me it was on back order until the 4th of February. That was okay because my grandson’s birthday was the 10th of February and I thought that would still give them time to wrap it and mail it. When the gift hadn’t arrived, I checked to see why. I was told that it was now on back order until Aug.2009. I was not notified and they were rather insensitive to my dilemma. In fact, the supervisor told me to go to the store and buy a gift. I felt that was uncalled for and I wanted others who shop on line to be aware of their tactics.

1 Response
            • Ec
              E. Coronado Sep 09, 2011

Young explorers.com is incompetent. We've numerous problems ordering by magazine and by phone. They are usually back ordered way before December holidays, and they overcharge for extremely SLOW "expedited" FEDEX delivery. Their last explanation was that paying for expedited delivery did not guarantee delivery according the "estimated" timeline. WHY PAY?! I'm not going to order from them again.