Yes! Communitieshorrible treatment/no communication/locked out of home

Hello, 09/12/2017

I am writing this formal complaint against Creekside of Seagoville. I have been a resident at #114 for a little over a year now. For the most part, things have been peaceful and I have no complaints. There was a change in the office and things started changing. There are a few things: I receive a notice regarding Gold Key Service. I was told that this was when things are checked and replaced if needed. When I get the notice, it is a range of days that they will come with no exact date. I have needed things replaced and I have had to replace them myself. I never even know when they come unless they lock the bottom and top lock because I only lock one. Next, when I get my rent notices now, they are left on the windshield of my car or under a rocking chair on my porch. They now have NO PLASTIC covering them. So, when it rains, I just have wet paper to look at. I don’t know why this changed. It used to be left in my door in plastic. Next, I had in issue with my screen door months ago. For some odd reason, it started sliding out of place and dropped down MUCH lower than it should have. It would not close. I called constantly for 2 weeks before it was “fixed”. It still catches in the top and will not open without force. I am writing this complaint mostly for what occurred last night. It all started Sunday when I woke up and my screen door would not open. The top corner had slipped again, but this time, it fell into the space in-between the door panel and I could not open my door form the inside. I had to come in and out through my back door. I had 2 of the regular kids come by to mow my lawn and I had to let them know that I could not open my front door to talk to them. So, I took the risk and sent a message to the office via Facebook, Sunday at 2:40 pm. I explained that I need my screen door REPLACED because this is a reoccurring issue. I also explained that I am having to go out of my back door and that I need a key to my back door. So, I ACTUAL GOT A RESPONSE Monday at 11:24 am! The message was very sincere and I was told that someone would be fixing it the same day. I was happy with that. I got home around 6:30 am to find that My front door was locked. I was panicking, but not too worried because I know I could go in through the back door. So, I went around to the back door and IT WAS LOCKED!! So, I went back to the front door and tried my key several more times. No Luck. I tried the back door (even though I know the key doesn’t work). No LUCK! I called the office and left 3, maybe 4 messages with the “emergency” maintenance voicemail. No one called me back. I was outside until 11:30 pm. I GOT HOME AT 6:30! The ONLY neighbor I know was kind enough to invite me to his home, but I had to decline due to I am SEVERELY allergic to cats. I had to call someone to help me access my residence. Now, the main issue to that I have is that as of right now, it is 2:38 pm. Not one person has contacted me regarding my calls to the afterhours phone line, no one has called me from the office. No one has checked on my well-being. I looked online at the property and the complaints are regarding communication. I have written letters to the office with no response! Action is taken, but they do not let you know that they have received your letter or they don’t let you know if it can be accepted or not. Also, no one answers when you call. There is one gentleman in the office who is very helpful and treats me like I am a person. I was not able to get into my home for over 5 hours. I could not get in my home. I called the emergency number. I left messages. No one has viewed or responded to my messages on Facebook for today. I am an average tenant. I may not pay on time, but I ALWAYS pay my late fees and try to contact the office and let them know if anything will prevent that. I appreciate the waiving of the late fees the month I received my notice, but this a HORRIBLE way to treat people. I understand that we are just people that pay rent so that you can have a paycheck, but don’t get so caught up in your position that you lose your human factor. I have NEVER felt so unappreciated by a landlord/management. I pray to God that He keeps me on my toes so that I have no further interaction with the staff. I’m sure that this will just go to the office, but I have copied this and am researching the number to corporate now. I will forward this to whomever is willing to listen and offer some type of empathy/sympathy/compensation or SOMETHING!! I have spoken highly of this place and recommended at least 3 people to Yes properties, but I am 100% that I am going to make them aware of my experience and advise them otherwise. I am most definitely planning to move after this leasing term is expired. Jose was the reason I felt good about coming here. He has been nothing but kind to me. Even to this day. It was deceiving. But, I am naïve for believing that everyone actually cares. I will continue to pay my rent and stay out of the way. I can see that my feelings do not matter at Creekside. I have prayed about this and that is all that I can do.

• Updated by Yellathang82 · Oct 18, 2017

Welp, as of 9/15/2017, it has been a month since I have been forgotten about. I was told by Roxanne over the phone and by the maint. man that I would have a door. I STILL have no storm door. They said that it has to be ordered. I was left a note saying that it would be ordered on 9/15. That day came and went. When I called, I was told that the door that was ordered was the incorrect size and that they had to send it back. Also, I was asked if I have tried my back door because they sprayed WD-40 in it. I explained that I do not know to try something if I was NEVER told that anything was sprayed in the lock. The reason they haven't replaced the lock is because the locks that were ordered were privacy locks and so they are waiting. IT HAS BEEN A MONTH AND A SERIES OF LIES! My home is still settling, so the door keeps coming off track of the frame and would not close. Roxanne called to apologize like always and sent the maint. man to take my storm door off bc it would not close, that man looked me in my face and lied. He told me that "the door will be here Tuesday, but if it came Monday that he would install it Monday instead. He had another gentleman with him. They never cam back. I came home a few weeks later to see that all the screws had been removed from the frame, but NO DOOR WAS INSTALLED. The screws were all on the porch and table. As of today, 10/18/2017, I have NO STORM DOOR OR REPLACEMENT LOCK w/ KEY FOR MY BACK DOOR!! LIES, APOLOGIES, LIES, APOLOGIES!! I have not been offered ANYTHING for the inconvenience! NO WAIVER OF A PET FEE, A FREE YARD MOWING, DISCOUNT OR ANYTHING! Just apologies that have meant nothing for a while The bad thing about this site is that I think that it goes directly to Roxanne or someone in the office who are actually the problem. I am NOT HAPPY and the service that I have received is horrible, but the fact that I have been forgotten about completely! Speaks ALOT about this company. I will be submitting my complaint in writing to corporate because again, I keep getting routed back to the same people.

• R
      Oct 24, 2017

I am a home buyer in a Texas Yes Community. I also have been noticing that notes get left on the wind shield of my car, sometimes it gets wet due to all the humidity and then it looks like a chewed up piece of paper, I've even found 1 in front of my next door neighbors house. I too am an average person, I may not pay on time at times, but I do pay what was due including all the late fees. I wonder sometimes if all those unrecognizable notices counts towards eviction notices and on top of that all the phone calls I try making which goes straight to voicemail counts as my attempt to let management know what prevents me to pay on time. I work a full time job, my husband has been a student in school doing rotations at the hospital for free, he doesn't have much time to carry on a part time or full time job over the past year and half.
    We are a family of 5 struggling to make ends meet. We have invested all of our time and funds into providing a roof over our childrens heads and ours as well. We will start getting notices at our door on the 6th, if we don't pay by the 5th. We have been told we can get help, but we don't trust that due to a past situation a year ago or so with our old management, we basically just kept getting the run around.

• Y
      Oct 26, 2017

@rcuellar I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with bad service as well. I have faxed my complaints to corporate last week and heave heard nothing back. I also spoke with a member of management Monday (Jose) and was told that he would take care of it this week. Today is Thursday, October 26 and I still have no door or back door lock w/keys. This is ridiculous. I pray that things get better for you!

• R
      Oct 26, 2017

@Yellathang82 When we first moved in we requested a shed and the old management said we would get one. Over 3 years later we don't have one. Last year we had a storm which blew out more than half of our skirting. So not only did the management back then talk to me on the phone about getting it all repaired, I went in person to the office and spoke to them several times. After a year later and new management we just got it fixed a week ago.
    I am not going to lie, I am not a perfect person, I have been late on the land and mortgage but when I did pay it, I paid all the fees as well. My family had a bad financial hardship 2 years ago, which caused me to go jobless for months, leaving my husband to be the only one working to support a family of 4. We've talked to the bank to see what kind of assistance was available to us and all we got was the run around, . The office said talk to the bank, the bank said talk to the office. After more than several attempts to ask for assistance, it took a toll on my husband and I and we lost trust in them and gave up.

The new management is understanding and treat us like humans, much better than before, I still have animosity towards management, which I shouldn't, but the old management made this way.

I wish you better luck also, keep bugging them, even if you have to constantly talk to them everyday and maybe they will give in and fix your door

• Y
      Oct 26, 2017

@rcuellar Glad it's better for you and I will. Thanks!!