Yard Works Gas Powered Grass TrimmerNo receipt to return - broken

K Review updated:

Back in May I purchased a yard works gas powered grass trimmer. We used it for approximately 2 months and it quite working. We took it back to the Canadian Tire in Orangeville and they kept it to fix it, and when we went back to pick it up they had lost our weed eater, and gave us another new one to replace the one that they lost, which was just on Monday, August 15th, 2011. When we had it assembled and went to use it, this weed eater also feel apart like the first original one, so when we took it back to the store, the manager wouldn't help us out because we didnt't have the receipt - which they kept when we made the first transaction. The weed eater cost us with tax $155.92. I can't believe that a company like yours likes to take advantage of their customers, especially when the problem is their fault selling faulty products. We also had 3 trips to Orangeville and they could care less about that as well. I have the original box and bar code that it came in, but no no no you have to have the receipt. What kind of company are you running, can you not stand behind your products when you sell them defective!!! Would like a new WORKING weed eater, or my money refunded. Preferably the last - and will go buy where the store will care about their customers.

• Sc
    Scot Fenn Apr 18, 2021

This is exactly why I go to Home Depot. Canadian Tire is horrible for the return of their cheap products. have two Grass Trimmers with no charger cause they both broke.

• Da
    Dan Collins Jun 16, 2018

I think what he's getting at is CT held onto his Original receipt when he brought the first one in for repair.

But Yes!, Yardworks trimmers are JUNK! I Can only guess what the rest of the lineup is like.
    It's my first and will be my LAST purchase of Yardworks products .
    Period!
    The manager at the CT in that I spoke in Keswick to was sympathetic to my issue since and pulled parts off a new one to replace the spool cover that broke on the one I bought last fall.
    They Don't Even Carry replacement spool covers...

That said, this spring, I was a little more than an hour since unboxing, assembling and using my trimmer when the spool cover exploded in half.
    There should be a warning on all Yardworks tools to say guaranteed until unboxed.

And just now second time using it since replacing the cover, THE SAME DAMN THING HAPPENED!

What do you Have to say for yourself CT?

A: As long as you suckers buy, we'll sell to you?

• Ca
    camaro92 Nov 27, 2011

You have GOT to be kidding!!! You BLAME Someone else for YOUR incompetence??????
    YOU Loose your receipt and it's the companies fault???????