Menu
Yard Works
reviews & complaints

Yard Works
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

36 complaints
4 resolved 32 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Yard Works. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:00 pm EDT

Yard Works - Lawn mower

- It does not start
- It is under warranty
- Canadian Tire where the unit was purchased refuse to honour the warranty
- Yard Works with whom the warranty is held with, constantly refer me to local Honda or Husquavana agents that when contacting them regarding the issue, want to charge me as they claim the unit was not purchased from them and therefore they will not honour that warranty.
- 160cc Honda Engine on the lawn mower is the reason Yard Works point to Honda.

- WARRANTY SCAM!

L
12:51 pm EDT

Yard Works - Yardworks firewood rack

Purchased this firewood rack from Canadian Tire. It is terrible. My husband assembled it. The hardware provided was typical substandard Chinese fare especially considering this rack will have to hold substantial weight. After putting it together we discover that it doesn't work with the standard 16" firewood logs, they fall through. Also, the cover barely fits. I think we will have to use a tarp to keep the wood dry.
The most annoying thing about this whole thing is that Yardworks is a Canadian Tire brand and we all know how poor CT customer Service is.
I ran into the same problem with Woods camping equipment. It isn't Woods, it is Canadian Tire. When you contact Woods they email back and say return the product to CT. Then CT says they won't accept it back because you have used the item. It is pathetic. CT should be more transparent about bringing in Made in China products under the guise of separate company names.

M
4:58 pm EDT

Yard Works - Dumping wheelbarrow

I bought is wheel barrel a few years ago I need to replace the barrel or cargo area on it The problem is where do I buy this? I works great and I love it. Its easy to use and holds a large amount.The problem is it is rusted out in the corners. That's why I want to buy new cargo or barrel for it. We should be able to buy parts .
This dumping wheel has four wheels with a lock on them. Nice feature .
What can I expect you to do to resolve this problem.

S
10:39 am EDT

Yard Works - Watering wand

I have bought 3 long wands since last summer Two of them started leaking and subsequently water burst out of side knobs where the off and on lever is.I now am using the 3rd one that I bought about 2 weeks ago and have used it approx.5 times and this one is starting to leak from the same place. I always keep my receipt but I
I simply can't find it and Canadian Tire will not replace without a receipt. I am beyond mad-please do something for me -I can't afford throwing money out the window. Sandi Greco -me e-mail is [email protected] Phone# 506-688-1278

2 comments
L
Jun 07, 2021 1:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I’m having the same issue with mine this summer. It’s a couple of years old. Did yardworks do anything for you?

N
Jul 05, 2020 12:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You are absolutely right they did the same thing to me even with my receipt and a 5 years warranty on it I was told to deal with the company directly for a 17.00 item so since then I have quit buying at Canadian Tire and I give my business to Home Depot now...they do honour their warranty and a way better customer service. The girl at Canadian tire couldn’t even bother to crack a smile and she looked like I pas disturbing her chat with another employee! Very poor customer service! I keep their card for the gas only...do not go into their store anymore!

J
12:29 am EST

Yard Works - Battery for 18" cordless self propelled lawn mower

Can I get some help with a new battery... or refurbished one for my mower?
I have had to buy 3 so far, and it's far too expensive for me. I really like mower, and
altho it's very heavy, my young helper does too. I have had to store it for about 3 years and use another mower till I can afford a battery.

Any chance of finding one of those old-type batteries? The item number of the MOWER is 270 1241

Judi Erickson
1104 East Av. N.
Onalaska, WI 54650

R
7:39 pm EDT

Yard Works - Yardworks/canadian tire canada

Purchased a Yardworks Nozzle for my hose. Worked for about 3 weeks then leaked out the side. Took it back to Canadian Tire they replaced it with an identical one. Used that one about Twice same thing. Went back again lady at service desk says do you have your receipt I told her that it was at home but I just wanted to exchange this for a better model as this one leaked again. She said sorry no can dow without receipt even though it had a Two year warranty. She talked to a manager same story. I left the store in disgust as it was only a 20 dollar item. So please note to everyone who buys stuff at Canadian Tire Keep your receipt at hand because no matter the price they need it otherwise they may go under

F
12:11 pm EDT

Yard Works - Telescopic hedge shears.

Just purchased these 265-4057 shears for my husband for Father's Day and on Saturday we were trying to trim a small bush. He had snipped off six wispy branches and they wouldn't close all the way. After looking at them I can see no reason for them to stop closing. They come within an inch of coming together. They were working perfectly as this was the first time out of the packaging. Needless to say my husband was less than happy with his gift. I'm left trying to replace this piece of garbage and I have a bush that looks like a child tried trimming it. Why do you continue to put out garbage products even after so many people have complained? Why don't you have a valid phone number and website to report these issues listed on your products? Most reputable companies supply all the needed information especially when they claim they have a lifetime warranty. Very Disappointed in YARDWORKS!

P
12:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I need another bag for m'y yardwrorks bolwer model 60-3856-2, I have forts calligraphie service désolé offert Canadian Tire Who is the main seller store un Canada for this product, they have referred me to another service désolé Shere I was supposed to ne asnwer, they transferred me another Time to yardwrorks parts service désolé to finaly get an email back...

W
10:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My lawn mower is only 4 years old. I have a small yard and am a senior so the mower isn't over used. The starter switch broke so I can't turn the mower on. My son opened up the switch assembly box to find that a "plastic" part had broken. I took it to a repair shop who told me it would cost more to replace the switch assembly than the mower was worth. I...

8:49 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a lawnmower 3 years ago and one more used one one year ago so now I have 3 batteries and two mowers and all of the batteries do not keep their charges it is frustrating when you try to be green and the product do not last I bought it at canadian tire and now this is it I will switch to gas this week end first week of june and not at canadian tire I had enough problems.

K
1:14 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Back in May I purchased a yard works gas powered grass trimmer. We used it for approximately 2 months and it quite working. We took it back to the Canadian Tire in Orangeville and they kept it to fix it, and when we went back to pick it up they had lost our weed eater, and gave us another new one to replace the one that they lost, which was just on Monday...

11:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Snow blower drive gears have totally stopped working. This machine was recalled the first year that I had it and had the full drive replaced. It has now given out again with not much use.

Y
11:55 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a leaf blower at the east Windsor Canadian Tire store some years ago. I just got it out of the shed to use around the yard and the zipper on the bag literally fell apart. I tried to repair it but couldn't get the zipper tab back onto the zip. I went to the store to get a new bag and they tell me that it was discontinued and they can't get me...

S
2:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went into Cdn Tire today to get a simple replacement belt for the Auger, low and behold they no longer carry the Belts, ( But I can take it to there repair Depot ) kinda funny that the sales rep didnt tell us the will no longer support the products the are trying to sell... ohya my bad, they still got 20+ of the same macine sitting on te floor...

M
5:22 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

RE: THE INVISIBLE COMPANY: Yardworks Mr. Kuntze made the statement that "the Yardworks company seems to like being invisible". If you do a little digging you will discover that in the Trade Marks Journal of the Government of Canada, volume 47, number 2401 dated November 1st, 2000, the trade-mark "Yardworks Canada" was registered (registration number 873...

D
9:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this yardworks tractor in June of 2004, with the 4 year extended warranty. At the time I was told that this was one of the best riding lawnmowers available at canadian tire. I paid $1799.00 plus GST for it.In September of 2004, the transmission blew on the tractor. It was under warranty, so it was replaced at the time the tractor had only 25...

Yard Works contacts