Wu Credit Acceptance — Withdrew money without permission

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Ab
    Abdullah bin Midon Jan 05, 2009

I bought 2 boxes of this tea.I hve stopped ordering but they are charging USD 15 for web acces fro the pat 2 months

• De
    Denise Stoner Jan 03, 2009

It is unfortunate that I did not see these complaints before I requested the trial sample product as I too have been scammed by this so called company. My story is the same as the others - product not order, product not received, so many pages for their web site that "all fine print" was buried in reams and reams of useless information. Billing started before product received - no numbers to call and cancel service provided and no discussion on AUTO billing on silly items - web access for pete's sake - who would agree to this. There is recourse - continue to report them and report this company to the Better Business Bureaus.

• Ei
    Eileen Devlin Jan 03, 2009

I ordered a fee sample of the tea and now have received several charges for other things like web access IP-4ONLINEHEALTHY FIT WYI Tea + membership charges all totalling toover 300.00 Cdn. I have cancelled but am now concerned that htey will continue to charge my credit ard. I have not cancelled my credit card because I am hoping that they will refund me when they receive the returned tea that I did not accept from thr Canada Post office. What should I do?

• Wu
    Wu-Yi Source (Tea) Jan 02, 2009

Tried to cancel order upon receipt of first box, cannot get the company to stop sending me boxes of tea. Want to stop within the first 30 days, or during the guarantee return period!

• Do
    Doris Phillips Jan 02, 2009

I made the mistake of ordering the Trial Order from these people. In two weeks, I had unauthorized charges on my credit card for 59.95! I contacted them online and spoke to a representative: Won't recieve a refund until I mail them back the "order" they sent out, again, unauthorized! Isn't there someone out there that we can report them too? What a joke!

• Em
    Emelda Reimer Jan 01, 2009

This is a big scam by this company. I was charged on my credit card on December 9th $7050 and again on December27th $69.87 and have been trying to get in contact with them and i am being kept on hold for about an hour and just give up and set the phone down. Does anyone know what to do about theses charges. Please advise

• Pa
    pam Dec 31, 2008

Multiple charges appeared on credit card statment none matched the names my original "trial" order indicated. Looks like same charges as everyone else 49.95. What happened to honesty in the USA?

• Mi
    michelle allen Dec 30, 2008

I wanted the free trial paying shipping and handleing only. I have received the free trial and one month supply and have been charged for the S&H of 5.09 in which I agreed on. Also, I have been billed for 35.96 and 71.90 all in on month. I called the toll free number provided on my credit card statement and closed the account with the company and got charged triple instead of closing the account.
    Since I have already called them and requested this to be closed. I now have to fill out a complaint will my credit card company.
    Even if the product might work for me this kind business is not worth it at all.
    Michelle

• Al
    alice kerr Dec 30, 2008

requested cancel and returned product, confirmation #408 58 65.
    have not received the credit on my credit card

• Me
    melofitz Dec 30, 2008

I called the Membership #[protected] that was charged on my visa and the lady that I talked to said she is refunded me all my membership fees. I just phoned today so I'll be phoning Visa to find out if I was refunded. The Web Access charge seems to be a little harder to get rid of. I have phoned the # for it on my visa but all I get is elevator music. No operator ever comes on. So I'm going to have to find another way to get rid of that charge. I'll let you know if I do.
    Melofitz

• Me
    melofitz Dec 30, 2008

I ordered Wi-Yu Tea in Sept. and was told I would get a 14 day free trial. Before I even received the tea my credit card was charged $66.00. I cancelled the tea after a month of trying it and now I am constantly being charged this web access fee on my visa of $6.45 CDN. In Dec. alone, I was charged it on the 7th and the 9th. I have phoned to cancel but no operator comes on and they just play elevator music. The call is a 866 number so it is costing me to stay on the phone waiting to speak to someone. My advise to people is don't order diet crap on-line and if you do read the fine print to make sure you know you are being charged for extras. I want other people to be aware that it's not easy to get rid of these extra charges. I will never again be so stupid as to order diet crap from the internet.
    melofitz

• Ge
    Geremy Dec 30, 2008

I was checking over my bank account on 12/7/08 and noticed a charge for $59.95. I ordered tea from them on 10/29/08 and I was billed for 4.95. I have not ordered anything else and I have not received anything else since I received my initial package. I have called into them to be transferred from voice message to voice message without a refund. I have contacted my bank about this also and they are looking into it. I realize that they are holding your card and withdrawing when they feel the time is adequate.

SazzyB Dec 30, 2008

I am from England and had the tea shipped over, having heard how amazing it was. Having the first installment taken from my bank account, which made me overdrawn and cost me more charges I tried to cancel via email but heard nothing back. After being on holiday, I had another installment taken from my account, taking me over my limit again costing me more charges (mmy own fault probably but they shouldnt be able to do this!) I then googled the site to ensure I could find a correct phone number or email. I then found these complaints!! I emailed them straight away with the hope if they didnt email, I would have to call (UK to USA is not cheap!) I emailed [email protected] and [email protected] and had the following response from Wu-Yi Source Support [[email protected]]

"You have already been removed from the autoship program and you will not be receiving any further shipments.

As per the Terms and Conditions which you indicated that you had read and agreed to before placing your initial order, you were charged the second of three discounted monthly installments of $59.95 for the three month supply of premium slimming tea which you have received. You WILL NOT be charged the final installment of $59.95, and my supervisor has agreed to let you keep the full three month supply as a thank-you for giving Wu-Yi an honest try.

I strongly suggest to stick with the program and finish the supply that you have, as it is around this time that customers begin to see results. Again, I have successfully cancelled all future shipments and charges on your account".

I was grateful these comments were here for advice so above are the emails I got through to successfully. Having piles of tea around the house now, I might even give it a go!!!

• Ce
    ceasarim Dec 29, 2008

my tea crap came with this bromalite colon clense.I dont want no tea to loose weight since im in the powerlifting and body building sport where more weight is better .Why would I order something that would do the opposite of what I need .It like a runner getting shoes with cement as their soles.

• Dr
    DRinSF Dec 29, 2008

DO NOT do business with this company.
    I unfortunately purchased the tea and had experienced the same issue as noted by Taisha.
    I called the [protected] listed on my line item statement "Web Acess/Insider Tips" and was able to get them to credit their $4.95 unauthorized charge. I do fear that this will be a recurring issue and as a result am calling my bank to notify them about this company and to obtain a new credit card# so no future expenses can be charged. What a hassle.

Just an FYI, before you give up ANY credit card information take the time to check the company for any scam/fradulent activity.

• Ti
    Tia Southerland Dec 29, 2008

I ordered the Wuyi Tea online and didn't realize I had to pay $29.95 for 3 months and of course the tea was hard to drink. But the worse part is while ordering online somewhere I signed up for www.livelifelean.net which has charged me $19.95 each month. I have researched and apparently this happens to many customers and you lose out. Luckily I spoke to a manager at livelifelean.net [protected] and was able to get a refund for half of the months I paid for. Never new a thing about this livelifelean.net. I told them i didn't care about their fine print that I never used or realized I had this.

• Gl
    gladys look Dec 28, 2008

My order of tea came but the box states that diabetics shouldn't use the product so I returned it with a letter of explation after trying in vain to use their telephone number on the box. Soon after, they sent another shipment unsolicited which I returned with a letter of explanation but both shipments were returned to me without any oral or written contact from them. I feel scammed

mary24 Dec 28, 2008

i already cancelled this product 2 months maybe three months ago, and they keep charging me 4.95 twice a month if not 4 times a month. This needs to be credited to my card or i will notify my attorney for false advertisement. It says that if you cancel this product you will stop the delivery of the tea and never be charged again.

mary alkire+
    [protected]

• Da
    Danielle Dec 26, 2008

call them they will refund

• Mo
    MONA Dec 26, 2008

I KEEP GETTING CHARGED FOR A WEB ACCESS FEE OF 4.95, AND I NEED TO TALK WITH SOMEONE THAT CAN STOP THESE CHARGES. I'M SURE THAT THIS IS SOME HOW AGAINST THE LAW.

• Dp
    D Padrick Dec 26, 2008

I ordered a free sample of the tea. Then was charged a $9.95 membership fee $4.95 Web access fee monthly and also $$59.95 for the tea. So it was not a free sample. I cancelled the Tea and then got another charge for the Web access. I have now cancelled that but after reading all the online complaints I wonder if I will get another charge. What a SCAM.

• Ly
    Lynn Dec 26, 2008

I ORDERED THE TEA LOOKING TO LOOSE A FEW POUNDS. THEN I HAD CHARGES FROM WEB ACCESS AND INSIDERS SECRETS, I CALLED THE FIRST COMPANY AND WAS ON HOLD FOR OVER AN HOUR BEFORE I HUNG UP. THE OTHER PLACE DIRECTED ME TO A EMAIL ADRESS AND IT
    TOLD ME THEY WERE NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE TEA COMPANY AND WERE NOT CHARGING ANY ONES ACCOUANT.
    THIS IS A SCAM. THEY GIVE INTERNET PURCHASING A BAD REP.

John Dec 23, 2008

[protected]
    Extension 2 to ACTUALLY REACH the call centre!

• Ge
    geoffrey a. weiner Dec 23, 2008

they just keep sending me tea--not authorized, nev er a receipt. i thought i was done 2 months ago and today another showed up. i called to make sure i was cancelled and said i was going to refuse the -[pkg. they couldn't copy me with the cancellation. had a tough time finding my account. i did get a verbal conf # doubt thjis is over. i live 1/2 hour from ontario--plan to take all the tea b ack and get my money back or i will go postal.

• Je
    Jerry Dec 22, 2008

Ordered the tea nov 8 then went to insiders secret quide .com and cancelled via a email transcript with cristine she said that it was cancelled and gave me a confirmation no. I thought that was that free trial pay for the shipping done.Well! come Dec 6 $95.00 then $15 membership this is with the currency change over from us to Aus. Mind you this is after I have cancelled so I have stopped my card and ordered a new one with different no. credit card company is investigating.
    These idiots are going to pay nobbody scams me stay tuned

Marilyn Dec 21, 2008

How do I stop unauthorized charges to my credit card?

• Sh
    Shweta Dec 20, 2008

Oh my God, they keep charging me again and again. Is there any way to get rid of them. Will it help me to cancel my credit card? Anyone, please... has anyone any advice for this. I called MC and they told me that even if I cancel my card, they will keep charging me and/or go to Business Bureau to fight against it.

Janet Dec 19, 2008

This company continues to charge my account $69.87 for the 3rd time! My bank has tried to disbute the charges and they cannot get a hold of the merchant.

On December 17, 2008 I had another charge on my account and no products.

I never authorized the charges in fact I cancelled over 4 months ago...be careful!!!

Sandra Weppner Dec 19, 2008

These people have been billing me 4.95 it is an unauthorized charge I want a refunt of the charges on November 21, 2008 and December 19, 2008 immediately!

• Ri
    Richard Norcross Dec 19, 2008

Rceieved this prodect (WU- YI Tea) I didnt' order.

• Ri
    Richard J Schappert Dec 19, 2008

I am another one that has been charged from three sources one life scripts for vitamins I did not order and the the membership charges $4.95 . Like others I only authorized $4.95 and now there have been chargesof $59.95, $85.20, $7.95ect. someone should get a class action suit aganist these people.These experiences make you never want to do any business on line again.

• Je
    Jen Dec 18, 2008

I've just made a call to [protected] to cancel this charges.. There is this nice lady named Karen who answered my call and i gave the details of my purchase and she said she has deactivated my account.. I hope so.. coz i'm calling from Malaysia.. i have not receive the free trial of ACAIBURN yet coz i just ordered 2 days ago.. But reading all this scams online purchase, it is scary.. Same thing that we're offered 2 special bonuses package which i didnt realise its chargeable...

Now i'm trying hard to contact ACAIBURN to cancel the order before they start charging more..

• En
    Enrique Huerta Dec 17, 2008

When I finally reached [protected], I was told there was nothing they could do because the Information had been available to me throug Internet.

What a crock...!!! Just be careful of who you contact the next time.

On top of all Wu-Yi Tea is nothing but a diuretic...

• Tu
    tumbleweed0704 Dec 17, 2008

I no longer want any teas sent to me. Cancel my account effective IMMEDIATELY. NO more charges on credit card as it has been cancelled.
    P. Stoer

• Li
    Linda Robson Dec 16, 2008

I want them to stop taking the money our of my credit card. I do not want this product.

• Ju
    JustJess Dec 16, 2008

You have to call the # on the the sheet they told u to print out. You have to tell them u want to cancel your membership. they will quit sending u the boxes of tea, but as far as the other charges...im still trying to get my money back! i couldnt reach a customer service rep so i am doing a card dispute through my bank. Thats prob ur best bet. good luck!

Jessica

• Ju
    JustJess Dec 16, 2008

In sept. of 08 i ordered Wu-Yi tea off the internet. When I got the tea I decided to cancel any further shipments. It is now december and I was going through my bank transactions and noticed several 4.95 debits and 9.95 debits. Turns out when u order this tea they sign you up for two other offers that require a monthly payment. After going to the insider secret website (the 4.95 transaction) and seeing that there was no customer service ANYWHERE, I decided to call my bank. I will be doing a dispute for all these transactions and hopefully be getting my money back. In the mean time I will be contacting the trouble shooter in hopes of her doing a story about this company and how they are ripping people off. Best of luck to everyone else out there they have scammed! ! ! !

Jessica

• Mt
    mttaylor Dec 16, 2008

I made a one time purchase of wuyi tea . I'm being charged a 4.95 web access and 9.95 membership every month.I've called three times to stop this .I had to cancel my bank card and file a complaint with my bank to dipute and recover unauthorized charges.This is a scam and constitutes fraud.

anneb1963 Dec 16, 2008

I ordered a free sample of this product as advertised on Facebook. Then, I kept receiving it every month in the mail and it was being charged to my credit card at $34 dollars. When I call the 800 number of th packet, it just goes to hold message and no one ever answers. When I emailed the email address that they instruct you to also try in their hold message, it comes back. This is obviously fraudulent and what's worse than being charged for this product is that its probably useless and could even be harmful to people's health. Someone needs to do something about this.

• De
    Debra G Bisbee Dec 16, 2008

I ordered a free trial of the tea for 4.95 and recieved 3 different charges for a web acess at 4.95, a membership fee at 9.95 and 3 charges for 59.95. I did not ask for all of this and when I tried to cancell I was told only 1 9.95 and 59.95 charge could be removed. All I argeed to pay was 4.95 for the free trail. I returned the shippment and they say they can't find it and won't take the charges off until they find it. This is a bunch of crap.