Resolved World Reserve Monetary ExchangeAwful company

My father passed away this year in April. My mom found he had been receiving coins from World Reserve Monetary Exchange so she called and submitted a letter to stop delivery of the coins since the purchaser had died. They continued sending the coins and billing her for them. She kept returning them. When she called to find out why they are still sending them they told her they could not stop until she sent a death certificate. You can't just stop an order from this company... You have to die and then some... My sister sent it and told them all future shipments would be considered a gift since the credit card in my dads name is gone too. Hopefully they will get the idea now...

Chris Pugh Oct 17, 2008

Customer account security is of the utmost concern at our company. We do not discuss a customer’s account with anyone other than the account holder without express permission from the named account.

To protect the account holder, under these unfortunate circumstances, we ask for a death certificate or Power of Attorney to be provided prior to discussing any account with anyone whose name is not on the account. Therefore, we cannot adjust payments until this paperwork is faxed or sent. This policy is not intended place an undue burden on a customer. We believe this policy is in the best interests of our customers to protect the integrity of their account information.

Chris Pugh Oct 17, 2008

Chris Pugh
    WRME

• Fa
    Family Man 2009 Jun 29, 2009

I have the deep feeling that I have been sucker out by the "World Reserve Monetary Exhange" company. Yes, I thought it was a government agency... it ran in our local major newspaper, ST. Louis Post Dispatch. Huge artical, full of colorfull pictures, people looking happy, the wearhouse where all the safes are at etc. I agree to go along for the deal of the "year". They had the "you have only 72 hours" to respond to the deal. They sold me a banker's safe that's 22inches high (i forgot how wide) and 14 inches deep. Well the safe is suppose to be free, you're just paying for the money/coins. Now, I'm supposed to have with it "four" 2-dollar bills in those "pretty" cases... a roll of presidental coins, 250 bufflo nickels, and the famous silver egal coin. (I figure to myself that the presidental coins and nickels might be worth something in the next few years maybe 10-20) All for a low $298. I had figure, if I'm getting the safe that's on the picture... then I thougt to myself it an ok deal. I figure there might be some markup after all its a business. It should arrive within a week from now. But now I have read tons of sites saying that this company is a scam! I figure the best thing for me to do is take it as a learning lesson. I'm not sending anything back ( I hear too many complants that sending it back and the company has no ideal you sent it) and there's no monthly plan I had enlisted into. I'll just pretend that I wasted my money on beer, stripers, or somehting and always check around before I make any purches with a time limit.

• I agree completely with Family man 2009. I also ordered the same thing and tried to cancel it after I read the controversy about this company, and they wouldn't let me. They said I had to wait until delivery and then refuse it and they would refund my money. I spoke to a supervisor and she kept repeating to same thing. I asked how long it takes to get my refund and Diana told me within a week of refusing the delivery. We'll see--
    This also was a learning experience for me.

• Mi
    Michael Hutchinson Aug 20, 2009

I placed my first order with WRME and received my safe and uncirculated coins today. The salesperson was pleasant, gave me all the information and all costs involved and the charges on my account were exactly as she said they would be. My shipment arrived in 4 days and I am very pleased. I will order from them again. Inside the shipment were the instructions on returning the items if I chose to do so for a full refund. Everyone should make sure they understand the total cost of their purchase whether it is one full payment or a monthly agreement before finalizing the purchase. I did not feel they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes but I did get answers to my questions before giving my CC info.

NoSuckerHere Aug 30, 2009

Well Michael Hutchinson, make sure you come back after 18 more months of them shipping your nickels to you piecemeal and charging ~$100 to your credit card and let us know how you feel about WRME then. You will have $100 of presidential dollars and $200 of shiny nickels and a nice, new safe.

• Zp
    zprotest Oct 19, 2009

I moved two years ago from Ohio to Massachusetts to find a new job. I sent a change of address to the post office and also WRME. But no new shipment have come to me in MA.

Come to find out WRME is bared from selling in MA. They never told me that. There are many states that prohibit and bar them from doing business in their states.

I have called custermar service many, many times talking to BILL, JESSE, TANYA, NANCY, TYLER, and CYNTHIA and all have lied to me by telling me my quarters were on the way!!!

Don"t do business with them!!!

• Pe
    Peter 2001 Nov 20, 2009

when I was saw the add on TV, they says that presidential coins are made in gold.
    All times they says same think, made in gold brilliant mint condition, but when I was received the first 5 coins certificate and 5 rolls seller, I saw that are not true that are made in gold on any matter.

I was called them and they says that mention "in gold mint", like..brilliant like gold but not gold.

• Ri
    Ripped off in MO Dec 22, 2009

this company is a rip off, you think you are signing up for a safe and then you pay for 4 rolls of presidental dllars a year, but your not, you signing up for making a payment for all the coins each much until there payed off and if you try to cancel you have to send the safe back at your expense, or pay 872.00 and if you call to make a one time payment, they will continue to use that card even though you tell them not to.

i know because i did that and i said do not use for this a card on file, i even got a note saying that since i didn't have a crd on file that i was in violation with the contract and i had to send them a card number, or send the safe back at my expense or pay off the remaining amount.

this is proof that i had no card on file, but yet they charge my debit card even though i told them not to. Stephanie the supervisor said she went back and listened to the recorded conversation and she didn't hear that at all.

I even file for Bankrupcy and they are still charging my card and won't refund the money even after my lawyer calling and the Bank will tell you if you give them a card number they have every right to use it and it you try to fight it WRME will lie aboout the tape, when i asked to hear the tape of course i couldn't.

BIG RIPOFF

• Ca
    cat scratch fever Feb 24, 2010

Well, i fell for the add that WMER had ran in the USA Today for the f2 balistic safe, and the coin's, and all the hoopla about what a great deal this would be.So I went ahead and got one, cause "their's only 3, 000 that 's going to be offerd to the public!" When I got home, and did some reserch on the coins and the safe, I was not impressed at all about the so called deal! I had asked the sales lady three times about the fire rateing of the safe, and she couldn't give me and answer, just that it weight's about 75lbs. So I called around to some of the local safe dealers here in town, and they had told me, that A safe that size and that weight is like wrapping all your personal and private document's in tin foil.. (if you had a house fire!) not to mention, that some one of any size could easily carry it! So I called back to cancell my order and was on hold for a half hour and finally got some one. they said they had cancelled everything so hopefully I will have no problems of any kind with this company like some of you have had.

Please do your reserch before you decide to buy a safe or DEAL OF THE YEAR on coins from WMER..

For the Money I got a little bit bigger safe that's made in America, and has a two hour fire rateing at 1200 degrees. To me that's worth it!

• Id
    idiot in KY Feb 25, 2010

I too fell for the add in USA today for the "free" f2 safe from WMER. Unfortunately I thought it was a good deal, however, wiohin 24 hrs and some research that should have been done BEFORE ordering, I called to cancel. They said nope - to late, you have to refuse it with UPS. Even though it hadn't left their shipping area yet. Spoke to a supervisor Michelle, she said she would "try" to cancel before it shipped. (yeah ok) Then she said we had to call back today for a tracking number then call UPS and cancel. I called UPS yesterday and asked who I needed to call. They said a tracking number is generated at shipment to the company and the company is the only one that can cancel otherwise they have to try to deliver atleast once. Spoke to an Ashley, the supervisor is trying to stop shipment. call back tomarrow. Called back today...talked to Cynthia...cant stop once its in shipping should have called yesterday! I DID!! gave her the names of the people I spoke to she said the notes didnt match with what I said. Told her of course they dont, why would they...this place is a rip off & they may have gotten 1 payment of $149.00., but I cancelled my card and they cannot deduct any more money! To bad, if I had gotten to the bank yesterday before closing they wouldn't have even got the 149.00. I told her what I thought of the false advertising, and what I thought about shipping something out that was still in warehouse and could be cancelled but they refused to. Man I feel like a real idiot! If you order and want to cancel ---BE SURE TO CANCEL YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ASAP! It's a pain, but atleast they can't keep dipping into your cash.

• Sm
    SMART BUYER Mar 13, 2010

I bought the safe, was happy with the deal and they havent charged me or set me up with any recurring memberships since and it has been months! I got a safe and coins/money for $298 and am happy with it. You really should do your research and ask lots of questions before buying anything. No one is going to be happy to help you if you dont do at least that much first. I work at a small town bank (that is thriving quite well thank you) and we hate it when people dont do their research and use their debit cards online only to get scammed later. Not only do you lose money but so do we when you guys get scammed and we have to cancel a card. ASK QUESTIONS, DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. I turned out just fine from this deal because I did my work ahead of time.
    Sincerely, SMART BUYER/BANKER

• Le
    LEECHES THEY ARE Apr 06, 2010

I just ordered the president dollars and the holder out of the sunday parade in the paper. paid the fees each month and tried to cancel. they said i had to return the dollars in order to cancel. i said no just cancel me and i'll pay for what i have. they didnt cancel and keep charging my credit card and sending me coins. once when my card was maxed they call me several times a day wondering about my card. what nerve these people have.

• Do
    Doing My Homework Apr 30, 2010

Thanks to all of the posts, I will not be calling WRME. Also, it was VERY obvious to me that the post by "SMART BUYER" was from WRME trying to scam everyone with credentials as a banker. This way, people will think "if a banker is buying this stuff, it must be good, right?" Give me a break.

• 2b
    $2 bill spender May 22, 2010

I bought a number of "special" state $2 bills. I was brought through the ordering process with numerous offers of extra things and special offers, most of which which I tried to turn down. When we got to the end, I was rushed through what the prices would be, which ended up strangely high, but I assumed that it was including some of the extra 2s they promised. They arrived a bit later. I got 4 $2 and a box with some stupid lamination of cities over it. Well, I figured I wouldn't complain to my mom, who thought I had really liked them. Then, about a month later, another box arrived. This time, it had more stupid 2s, but another payment. I WAS NOT PAYING SOME $60 FOR 4 $2 BILLS! It was stupid. My mom also discovered a nasty extra bill on the credit card and said I had to cancel. I was about to go to her to say the same thing! I did, which took 3 hops to 3 different service people during the call. Finally they said it was gone. I hope it was, as I haven't heard anything from my mom. We sent the 2s back. Now, much too late, I became very interested in money, largely through the website www.wheresgeorge.com . I discovered how common $2 bills are, and how I could get them from ANY bank for face value. I've actually started spending 2s because I find it fun! Now I really feel ripped off. I was duped by that stupid "official" advertisement in the newspaper that looked so realistic...

• Mm
    mmjj Jun 03, 2010

I just ordered the $2 bill vault pack from WRME which I saw from the ad on a newspaper when I was having a break from work. I called them up quickly as it was said in the ad that it is only for 48 hrs. offer and that a lot of people were calling. I was thinking to myself that I might run out of this precious collection and opportunity. At first, when I talked to the sales person at the phone she said she would check if there is available bill for my state and she came back to say they still have stocks and I can order 10 vault packs. I asked how much it would be to order 3 and she said about $ 180 or so. I opted to order just one and she told me the cost is $60.88 w/c includes shipping. She also offered me a deal to send two free $2 bills from other states plus a box to collect the bills and would send $2 bills every month from other states until I completed my collection. She said I can cancel at anytime so I agree to it. Those offers should already gave me a clue that this offer is a scam because how can she offer me to send the $2 bill on other states if it is hard/scarce to find it. Anyway I was stupid and was pretty happy about the transaction but when I got back to my desk and opened my laptop and search the $2 bill vault pack came all the scam report and about this WRME scam. After 2 hrs. of ordering it, I called them back and asked the customer service to cancel my order. Of course I did not tell them that I read that they were a scam. I only told them a different reason and they were obliged enough to cancel it so I was happy not to go through with all the comments that are posted here. Tnx again to all those people that warned us and a quick lesson to learn is research first before making a purchase and make sure to read all the lines in the articles that you read in the newspaper because some of them are actually just ads and not 100% real.

• Ho
    Hook Line and Sinker Jun 17, 2010

The best thing to do is to pay by credit card and then just change you card number when you no long want to receive anything more from them. Of course you will need to mail in the letter to let them know that you wish not to; but the 100% safe way to not get recharged again and again, is to change your card number. I fell for the $2 Oklahoma bill scam and they are nothing more then stickers on top of the reg 2006 issued bill. I saw the large ad in the paper and I bit into it hook line and sinker. I paid $60 some off dollars for a total of $12 worth of product.

jackeeno Jun 27, 2010

Have been dealing with a coin company called United States Commemorative Gallery, also in Canton, Ohio--am wondering if this company and World Reserve Monetary Exchange are one and the same??? So far, have not had any real problems with US Commemorative Gallery, and any issues I did have were taken care of---but the similarity in the two companies business, names and addresses makes me feel a bit uneasy, considering all the bad press about WRME. One thing of note though, USCG is a very prolific mailer---I get at least 3-5 pieces of mail offers from them every week--have seen the WRME ads in the paper before and have always been wary of them, and investigating them on the internet showed proved my fears correct. Not surprised to see them also behind the Amish Mantel Heater scam either--Just hope that USCG is not part of the WRME scam group. Many thanks to the former employees of the company for telling their stories.

No Complaints Here Aug 03, 2010

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I signed up for the full set of presidential dollars spread out over a few years as they were processed. I've never had any unexpected charges, and they even offered to send me duplicate coins after moving if by chance I had missed one of the shipments. They've always been very nice on the phone and willing to help.

• Do
    don't believe em Aug 11, 2010

Thought the $2 Utah state set of bills would be a great Father's Day gift for the hubby. The bills arrived weeks later than Father's Day. Then we get home from vacation in August and there are two boxes on the porch from this company. One is more $2 bills another a wooden box to keep them in. The invoices included did not tell you the price, so I try to call Customer Service. No answer, No call back, No service! I call American Express to find out that the company has dinged my card $98!! Thank goodness for Am Ex, they have now blocked this merchant from my card and I will need to return this stupid stuff on my dime and hope for a refund. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO THIS COMPANY LIKE I DID! It is one huge rip off!

• Sh
    Shipping Rip Off Aug 24, 2010

Definitely the rip off company. I just returned my shipment which cost me $10. When they refunded my return they charged me $60.40 for shipping, what is wrong with this picture. The sad part is I contacted them the next day, to try and keep them from shipping the product, but it took them over a week to contact me, in the mean time they shipped the product. I would definitely put this under not a great business practice.

• Go
    GotScammed1990 Oct 12, 2010

This is total crap. I just called for my father to order the F2 Safe and the lady told me she would bill his card tomorrow for only 149.00 then after giving me some information about some kids in Haiti and I declined to accept her donation offer she then told me your card would be charged 390.00 and 90.00 for the next six months. The safe is only worth 870.00 according to their add and the total we would pay would be 930.00 in six months completion. I tried to call back and cancel after the lady abruptly hung up and they said I have to call back tomorrow and TRY to cancel the order before the card is charged. Thankfully it's prepaid so we can remove the money before they can try and scam us any further. We didn't think to look it up because we were driving.. this is crap! Don't fall for it! The lady was RUDE and didn't even give me a chance to cancel. She said as a reminder your card will be charged 390.00 for shipping, Have a nice day and hung up before I could point our that she had said 149.00 before. DON"T fall for it!

• Ta
    T Akin Jul 07, 2011

They are a scam. Misrepresentation and wire fraud. Surprised they are still in business without class action. I signed up for the Presidential coin collection to be sent upon release. They keep wanting more $ to keep the collection coming which has been paid in full. They also will not ship then require $11 for replacement. Avoid at all cost. The $150 I paid is not worth legal expense to go after. Be aware!

• Ta
    T Akin Jul 07, 2011

They are a scam. I am surprised I have not been contacted as part of class action. They should be charged with false advertising and wire fraud. I submitted full payment for a complete set of presidential dollars to be sent upon release by mint. I never receieved several coins and was alerted to the fact when they sent out of order with notice that I needed to pay more to continue to receive authenticity certificate. They then wanted me to pay an additional $11 each for the two missing coins. Be aware.

• Te
    Ted Scottsman Jul 22, 2011

Yes the World Reserve Monetary Exchange is a scam. I usually would not mail order coins but ok gave it a shot. Everything seemed legitimate. They even took out a full page article in the local news paper so I too paid for the full collection of Presidential $1 coins in advance (Washington to Reagan). The coins are to arrive upon release around the mint dates of about four a year. They then ship regular mail or a so called Fedex Smart Post. In any event I have had to re-order three times and have no time to keep track of when they are released or are to arrive. I never know I am missing one until the next arrives out of sequence. Now they insist I pay AGAIN for the missing coins. Their phone and internet clerks give you the run around and don't return messages. Advice to the wise... avoid this company they are not honest and in no way legitimate. If you look at their website, the pricing is usually double the value. Gold is trading for around $1600 as of the date of this writing yet Eagles are listed at over $3000. They need to be looked into by the trade commissions.

• Ba
    Barbara Robison Jan 19, 2012

I paid in full for the presidential coins in 2007. In December, the US Mint announced the suspension of the bulk production of the coins. World Reserve is not sure they will have access to any more of the coins. In September 2011, they informed me that it would cost me an additional $64.71 to continue getting the certificate of grading with the balance of the coins. January 2012, the company announced that they will issue Medals to replace the coins. Customers choice is to get the medals at the same cost as the coins or get a refund/store credit of the 20 remaining coins at face value. so the RIP-OFF is for all the money paid up front for the certificate and the encapsulation.. This amounts to about $120 and all they will refund is $20 for the coins. I do not know how many customers this will affect, but it will probably be in the thousands. Talk about a VULTuRE

dizerruss Mar 12, 2012

well thank God I did not run into some of the problems others did, they offered "In the papers mind you" specially printed two dollar bills, like others I thought it was good, and purchased them all was good and I had no problems, then they sent info on uncut dollar bills again I bought thembut I wanted a larger amount than what they were offering they were selling sheets of four I received sheets of thirtyeight which were $99.00, yeah I know I paid $99.00 for $38.00 not including shipping and handling. Yes there is one around every corner, but that's not the problem, I ordered three and only received two, the shipment stated three but two were inclosed! It was obvious the third one was taken out, after calling the company a month later NOTHING not even a followup! So for you guys that can't get rid of them tell them you haven't received your product and then they will leave you alone!

dizerruss Mar 14, 2012

Since I wrote about how I felt WRME wronged me I also felt the need to write about the outcome of that issue. After writing my complaint I felt the need to contact WRME again to validate my complaint logged against them, so to make a long story short I called them again and got someone different on the phone and this young lady immediately began working the issue, within 24 hrs my sheet of money that was missing was being FED-X to me. So I felt the need to write this, so I say to some of you try and get someone different on the phone I don't expect everyone to have this outcome but I can't officially say that WRME is a bad company because they fixed my problem. And I do plan on ordering additional products, hopefully my outcome will be good. I wish you all good fortune and pray your issues all be resolved.

DISCONUNHAPPY Jul 30, 2012

We also got the letter stating that we owed for the certificates and I would not send them any more money because everything was paid in full up front for 4 sets of the presidential dollars in 2008. Then I was shocked when I recieved another letter later in 2011 saying that the US mint had stopped producing the presidential dollars. We opted for the refund. Guess what I just recieved in the mail??? A check for $16.00 WOOOHOOO. And after reading the letter I willl get a check for 16.00 every year until the remuneration is complete. I paid in full up front but apparently my refund has to come in payments. What a rip-off...I noticed one complaint said that he would get a refund of $20.00 So shouldn't I be getting a refund each year of 20.00 for 4 coins x four sets. If there ever is class action suit against them I will jump on the band wagon in a heartbeat. I basically got a refund for 4 sets of 4 dollars that are supposed to be mint????? If I take them to an appraiser and get told they aren't mint I'm going to blow...An Expensive Lesson Learned.
    A and B Stupidity

• La
    Lawnmower57 Oct 28, 2012

I'm receiving new quarters for 2012. On the back of my last shipment they put the website www.theworldreserve.com/sgem67 with a claim code for some $5 bills, non-colorized, last series, graded superb gem-crisp uncirculated 67 for me to purchase. Website or claim code exists. I'll never buy any more from these people.

• La
    Lawnmower57 Oct 28, 2012

I'll be talking to BBB, these people suck. They sent a website"www.theworldreserve.com/sgem67" and a claim code for me to purchase some $5 2006 Federal Reserve Note, Cabral-Paulson, printed in Fort Worth, SUPERB GEM, CRISP UNCIRCULATED, GRADED & CERTIFIED-67. None of this is real. Don't waste your time with them like I have.

• Un
    unduped Aug 15, 2013

I'm looking in today's paper 8/14/2013 at the scam ad for the bag of coins containing one Liberty half dollar which could be in any condition. The so called vault bags are their own vault bags containing 100 coins for only $99 dollars but $149 if you miss the 2 day deadline. Now the 100 coins in the bag could be 100 pennies plus the half dollar. Therefore you might be paying $149 for $1.50 in coins with the half dollar thrown in. If you carefully read the adv. and take the time to understand it you will find no illegality in the wording. This keeps them safe from prosecution by states attorney's general. It is your misunderstanding of the meaning of the words in the adv. that are leading you all astray. The advertisement is very cleverly written to lead you astray, no doubt about that. What if you put 100 pennies in a little cloth bag and called it a vault bag and put your own seal on it with a warning no returns if the seal is broken. Then you could invent a little name for your company that seems legitimately associated with a government agency but with a disclaimers at the end of the ad. Then you put a peppy little ad in a newspaper and sit back and watch the money roll in. For Shame, For Shame.

• Ne
    Neal Kehaya Apr 09, 2014

I guess I am a sucker too.I saw an add in our newspaper, I wanted to be the first to call . I did not look at the add close enough but now after the fact, they just plain out false advertise. I had to open the sealed bags to see what I got, but of course it was to late to return them without my word against them. I bought Indian Head Nickles from them, they are so bad the date cannot be read.Lesson learned never again, stay away from these people. Neal Kehaya Macon, Georgia 31204 (478)474-3332

• Ni
    Nikkisa Aug 14, 2014

I saw the ad for "bags of cash for only $99" in USA Today. I cut it out as an opportunity to teach my son and my students about unscrupulous business practices and deceitful advertising. I spent 30 minutes with my son helping him discern all the propaganda devices used. However, the biggest red flag of all is, what reason would a company have for selling a collection worth more than the sales price???? My dad taught me that there is no such thing as a free lunch, and it has served me well. USA Today should be ashamed of itself, though, and if will rethink buying this paper again.

• Ro
    Ron De Lain Aug 20, 2014

I purchased the complete set of $2.00 bills each encased in hard plastic and contained in a wooden box for that purpose from a 3rd party. The set is intact except for the Michigan $2.00 bill which is missing. I am interested in purchasing the Michigan note from anyone willing to sell theirs. Please contact me. Thank you. [email protected] Phone 920-437-3313

• Gl
    Gladys Carter Feb 06, 2017

I called the company The World Reserve Monetary customer service center and was placed on hold x49 minutes and I finally hung up. No one ever came to the phone and different messages of some one trying to sell you something. I was calling in regard to the notice I received through mail for store credit for redemption beginning February 1, 2017. My letter stated to enter store credit code. Please assist me with matter. There is on line to enter the code

Anthony Bellotte Sr. Feb 09, 2017

I have been a member of this scam since its inception and am disappointed at the their lack of being able to complete the program Now they offer a cash back deal and give a web site of www.theworldreserve.com/store-credit and when you type it n there is not web site that matches that direction. If it is there it is purposely hidden. My Store Credit code is WVT0001 - please send my refund. I would really like to have all of my money back and I will return my incomplete collection and box to you. This has been the worse coin collection deal I have ever been involved with. Tony

• Me
    Mercedes Scott Stepp Feb 28, 2017

I got the presidential dollar coins for my son. He really likes them however we were missing some, so last month I called the company. I was on hold for 2 HOURS! I told the gentleman I had a new address, I was missing some coins and we had the new Reagan coin but it was scratched on the surface. They used to just send replacements. But now he told me I had to pay $12.84 for the 3 missing coins. Fine. Oh, but they are not allowed to take credit cards any more. I had to send a check. Fine. And I had to send the Reagan coin back to get a replacement. Okay, I guess... So a month later, I get my check back, sent to my old address, (and even that was the WRONG old address), with my check and a short letter saying the coins are no longer available. Also, no Reagan coin. So I tried to call them again. Maybe they are shipping it separately?? They are supposed to be open now, but the answering machine says they are closed. WTF?