[Resolved] Woodforest National Bank — dispute of unauthorized transaction
On June 21, I called to start a dipute about an unauthorized transaction to Amazon. I signed the paperwork on June 23. A few days later, I filed another one for 33.98 to Amazon. On July 13, I found out that they had been denied because of "previous transactions to the same merchant" after I called the main office. The fact that I order from Amazon should have no bearing on the fact that someone else used my debit card number to make two orders to them. Amazon confirmed that those orders were placed by someone with a different name and different account. I gave this information to the Woodforest agent I spoke with on the phone and to the one at the branch where I signed the paperwork for the dispute. I told them Amazon said the bank could call them if they had any questions about it. It is my understanding that your bank cannot refuse your Reg. E claim or deny you zero liability under VISA or Mastercard. I understand the frustration of dealing with so much debit card fraud and loss, but that's not my problem as the consumer, it's their problem as a card issuer. Being a non-signature based transaction makes it eligible for chargeback rights. No one even bothered to let me know the results of the dispute when I was told it would take up to 10 business days. I am usually happy with the branch my accounts are in but it is controlled by the main office and I am not happy at all with that level.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Woodforest National Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Woodforest National Bank - massive overdrafts
- Woodforest National Bank - will not close checking / lied / charge $25
- Woodforest National Bank - overdraft fees
- Woodforest National Bank - check cashing
- Woodforest National Bank - former employee
- Woodforest National Bank - overdraft fees daily
- Woodforest Bank - stolen money
- Wood Forest National Bank - this should be against the law.
- Woodforest National Bank - unauthorized charge/purchase
- Woodforest Bank - poor customer service