[Resolved] Woodforest National Bankdispute of unauthorized transaction

M Jul 13, 2019

On June 21, I called to start a dipute about an unauthorized transaction to Amazon. I signed the paperwork on June 23. A few days later, I filed another one for 33.98 to Amazon. On July 13, I found out that they had been denied because of "previous transactions to the same merchant" after I called the main office. The fact that I order from Amazon should have no bearing on the fact that someone else used my debit card number to make two orders to them. Amazon confirmed that those orders were placed by someone with a different name and different account. I gave this information to the Woodforest agent I spoke with on the phone and to the one at the branch where I signed the paperwork for the dispute. I told them Amazon said the bank could call them if they had any questions about it. It is my understanding that your bank cannot refuse your Reg. E claim or deny you zero liability under VISA or Mastercard. I understand the frustration of dealing with so much debit card fraud and loss, but that's not my problem as the consumer, it's their problem as a card issuer. Being a non-signature based transaction makes it eligible for chargeback rights. No one even bothered to let me know the results of the dispute when I was told it would take up to 10 business days. I am usually happy with the branch my accounts are in but it is controlled by the main office and I am not happy at all with that level.

• Resolution Statement