Wood Forest National Bankthis should be against the law.

I had opted in to the overdraft protection program with woodforest national bank. When I agreed to this program, no one ever explanned or even mentioned that they had hidden fees or any other fees except the one fee of $34.00 everytime the bank has to pay any funds out toward any purchase that your account does not have the funds to cover. It was never said that after eight days of your account having a negative balance the account will be charge an extra$35.00 on the eighth day if you can not get your account out of that negative balance. Woodforest national back has already had to repay several people money back for illegal tractions made by the back before and now this isnt right. How do this bank expect for a person to get out of the negative balance when their steady charging you fees they fail to tell you about when they offer you the service. I also use this bank for their direct deposit services and to also pay my personal bills. I have found that this bank will wait til the company that you have to pay draft their money out but the bank will hold it for days before releasing the money leaving you to think that the bill is already, but in reality its not therefore you spending money that you think you have, but you really dont. Resulting in a overdraft transaction as well as an overdraft fee in which if your pay date is not until eight days you will be charge the fee of the bill, the overdraft fee of $34.00, plus another 35.00. Which puts you even futher in debt. These type of practices should not be legal and in the case of woodforest bank, it may not be legal.

RESOLVED

• Woodforest Customer Service Aug 06, 2010

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at [protected] and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

• St
    Stacia Harrington Feb 16, 2012

I placed an order online at QVC, and cancelled the order the next day. Because the purchase price was $1596.68, they have to get a written release from the company that you cancelled with. I understand that. However, I placed the order on the 24th of Jan 2012 and cancelled on the 25th of Jan 2012. It is now February 16th 2012 and Woodforest is saying that they are not getting the faxes from QVC. I have had QVC send off 5 faxes to release the funds. (which QVC doesn't have, Woodforest is just holding the transaction) So here I am setting here 4 weeks after a cancelled order, waiting for my money. I am fed up and pissed. I asked Woodforest if I just closed out my account, can I have my money then, they told me that I had to wait. Nice right? DONT BANK WITH WOODFOREST. I had the same problem with my account being in the negative due to this, and they charged me many times. MANY. If this doesn't get settled, I have been advised to hire an attorney, and sue them. I hate them. And I don't normally say things like that.