Woman Withinexchange/refund policy

K Nov 09, 2018 Review updated:

My husband purchased clothing from Woman Within for me as a surprise. When the clothing arrived and I tried them, they were all too large. Following their instructions regarding exchanges, I called Woman Within customer service and ordered clothing as an exchange for the too large clothing I was returning. I then packed up the clothing and returned it. I received the exchange items with a week or so. The a few weeks later, I received the clothing I had returned. The notice in the package said, "There is no merchandise credit or refund, because items were old, worn, or damaged. Thank you for your understanding." The items were NOT old, worn, or damaged. I called Woman Within customer service and was told that I did not receive exchange credit because I had returned the order outside of the 60-day limit. My online Recent Order History shows my husband purchased the items on Aug 22 and my mailing receipt shows I mailed the package Oct 22. Apparently, the 60-day limit does mean you must mail it within 60, but they must receive it within 60. Furthermore, the 60-day limit does not begin on the day you order, but on the day they process your order. Of course, it was my responsibility to know when the return package had to arrive. When I asked how customers are supposed to know how long it will take return packages to reach Woman Within, the CSR admitted there is not way to know that date. She suggested that customers should simply mail their return with two or three weeks of the 60-day limit date. Furthermore, when I looked at my Recent Order History, the exchange order did not appear, although the CSR claimed she could see it even though she could not tell me what I had ordered as exchange items. I would warn Woman Within customers to be very careful when using Woman Within's exchange procedure. Likely it would be safer to simply return an order, wait for its acceptance, and then reorder should you wish to do that. I have copies of my Recent Order History and of the purchase order for the original item, but not for the exchange items because that did not appear on my Recent Order History. I have been a customer of Woman Within for many years. I will not purchase from this online store again. I have been a longtime customer of many online clothing and other stores and have never experienced being told "too bad" when I have misunderstood a policy. Of course, Woman Within has every right to say "too bad."

• Ol
    oldyantiques Feb 26, 2019

The exact same thing just happened to me...you wrote it in much better detail...mine only allowed 350 characters...Woman Within does not honor their exchange/return policy...I can't trust to order from them again...the customer service was terrible...as you said, I have ordered from numerous companies and never had this problem...

• Ol
    oldyantiques Feb 26, 2019

And I checked my account and there is no order history for any of my orders...