Wizz Air — they charge air passenger duty for children, illegally, on flights departing from uk
They are charging Air Passenger Duty for children when this is clearly illegal as this charge doesn't apply to children under 12 under the UK legislation. However, when booking tickets for children the full price is charged leaving the passenger to claim a refund for APD. They respond to the claim saying that they will get back to you soon, but they don't. I am assuming that this is done on purpose so passengers give up claiming the refund.
The ticket doesn't give you a breakdown of charges, so unless you are familiar with this regulation, you will not know that you have been charged and you would not claim a refund.
I just wonder how many passenger are not aware of this and Wizzair are taking advantage and holding their money. I am making an official complaint to Civil Aviation Authority to making aware of this and force Wizzair to stop this practice and refund all passengers that have been charged APD for children.
More Wizz Air Complaints & Reviews
- Wizz Air - payment error
- Wizzair - ignoring requests and take money from credit card
- Wizzair - online booking
- Wizzair - luggage payment
- Wizz Air - very disappointing
- Wizz Air - poor recruitment team
- Wizz Air - feeling of being robbed
- Wizz Air - customer service / wrong information provided.
- Wizz Air - unethical conduct
- Wizz Air - lack of information