Wizz Airthey charge air passenger duty for children, illegally, on flights departing from uk

M

They are charging Air Passenger Duty for children when this is clearly illegal as this charge doesn't apply to children under 12 under the UK legislation. However, when booking tickets for children the full price is charged leaving the passenger to claim a refund for APD. They respond to the claim saying that they will get back to you soon, but they don't. I am assuming that this is done on purpose so passengers give up claiming the refund.

The ticket doesn't give you a breakdown of charges, so unless you are familiar with this regulation, you will not know that you have been charged and you would not claim a refund.
I just wonder how many passenger are not aware of this and Wizzair are taking advantage and holding their money. I am making an official complaint to Civil Aviation Authority to making aware of this and force Wizzair to stop this practice and refund all passengers that have been charged APD for children.

• Updated by MarthaMB · Nov 13, 2018

I don't have an update yet, but I did submit my complain and waiting to hear back.

• Ba
    Baiba Saulite Nov 13, 2018

Hi Martha.
    I am thinking of doing the same. I have read an article on moneysavingexpert website that you need to contact wizzair to claim it back. I just did and could not believe the responses I was getting. The woman I spoke to made me really angry. She was ignorant and kept telling they have different policies and children pay the same price as adults!!! I will be making a complaint also. Do you have any update on yours?