Window Worldwon't honor lifetime warranty

D

After having multiple problems with the windows. I called the original (installing) Window World but the business was sold to Windows Direct. I spoke to Scott Wolmen who will not cover the Window World life time warranty . Then I called a diffrent Window World Company store and spoke to Jamie Eller, told him the problem and he said he would take care of it. I have never heard from him again. I called back several times and left messages. Finally reached him and had a big argument, he refused to correct the problems because "his Window World didn't install the windows" This was just a big headache & expense.

• In
    info you you Dec 23, 2009

Here is the history of Window World Inc. and Windows Direct owned by Scott Wolmen.
    Before Window World arrived in Salem Va there was a company here called Window World they were forced to change there name to Windows Direct because Window World was a registered name. You need to go after Windows Direct because they were the installing company even though they had a different name.

• Dm
    DM B Jul 06, 2010

Windows Direct will not take care of this, My Purchase Agreement and all documents state WINDOW WORLD. These are Window World Windows and the sales represenative stated he was from Window World. If Window World subcontracts to outside installers they still have to honor the window world warranty. I never had a contract with Windows Direct! The fact still remains, These windows are defective and the company is defective. Every time the wind blows it WHISTLES DIXIE in my house. The Photo clearly shows this is a manufacturing fault.

• Wi
    Windows Direct Sep 15, 2010

Hello---This is Scott and Melissa Woldman, owners of Windows Direct in Roanoke VA! Our company is known to have NO complaints, however this was brought to my attention by a potential customer. This is very disheartening to me as an owner. The previous owner of our business started as Window World, however the name was changed in 1999. We DO STILL SERVICE ALL WINDOWS OUR COMPANY HAS INSTALLED! (whether it was installed as window world or windows direct. We have NEVER turned a customer away, UNLESS it was installed by a different Window World or different Windows Direct. ALL Window Directs are independently owned and operated. We are NOT a franchise. If you are the person with a window problem and it was installed and sold by Window World previous 1999 or Windows Direct post 1999 from Roanoke VA, please contact us and we will do what we can. Also if this complaint is about a different company (as we do not service, nor have we ever serviced in the CUmberland area (as far as I am aware) please remove this complaint if you have the wrong company. We strive for our perfect record!
    Please Call us at 540-966-2808
    Scott and Melissa WOldman

• Do
    Done it right Jul 01, 2013

Both companies have lots of registered complaints. It appears that bad reputations are finally catching up to bad jobs. My advice would be to stay away from either of the two.

• Ba
    Bad karma Mar 20, 2014

Window world is the worst do not use them the are just the worst in the roanoke valley period they argue with the customers and take months or in my case a year to get tha job done not good service at all in fact the worst I have ever encountered u have been warned!!!

• Pa
    Patrick Bolin Jun 23, 2014

warning found too late ! but i now see the light wish i would have looked harder before i bought from them.

• Th
    Theresa Lind Jul 17, 2014

Just called for a leaking window...was told they didn't cover the installation but for two years...well that's not what we were told!

• Ar
    ARZO Jul 31, 2014

Window World touts their great customer service - but they are rude and will not helpful if you actually try to take them up on their lifetime guarantee. I was told different things everytime I called and each time it became more expensive. In my case, they did not stand behind the quality of their defective window. Please beware before you use this company. Their President says in a video on the window world website that they "will not abandon their customer". Well, I can tell Dana Deem they not only abandoned me, they were rude too!

• Ar
    ARZO Jul 31, 2014

Window World touts their great customer service - but they are rude and
    will not helpful if you actually try to take them up on their lifetime
    guarantee. I was told different things everytime I called and each time
    it became more expensive. In my case, they did not stand behind the
    quality of their defective window. Please beware before you use this
    company. Their President says in a video on the window world website
    that they "will not abandon their customer". Well, I can tell Dana Deem
    they not only abandoned me, they were rude too!

• Ts
    tsr3905 Jul 30, 2016

Do not under any circumstance contract with this company for anything(the contract means nothing to them)...they charge for service that is not provided(charged me $3000.00+ for removal of existing exterior) the contractor simply nailed 7/16 OSB over old exterior along with the Free gutters(have more waves than the ocean) have lead to water problems in home...check the names of their contractors before work is done...and from what I have researched pray you don't have any issues warranty or otherwise as they will blame everything on you...once they get your money you mean nothing to them...STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!