Complaints & Reviews

collection procedures

Even though I have made monthly payments on a medical debt assinged to West Asset Management, they refuse to...

Over Zealous Attempt to Collect Charges that I do not owe`

I received an automated telephone call from West Asset Management and subsequently got a rude lady with a southern Texas accent and I explained I had no idea what she was talking about. She identified my address and told me I owed a small amount and that my credit was going to be affected. When I again told her I did not owe the bill and asked her to send me a copy, she talked over me continually and told me to write a letter. I told her I was not writing a letter for something I knew nothing about and again asked her to send me a detailed invoice for the amount I owed. She just got louder and talked over me. I told her if "she would shut" and listen she would understand I don't owe anything until I see a bill. She yelled, "don't you tell me to shut up". I hung up. I will not be treated like a criminal. This lady, with a Texas accent, was rude and threatening. Just because someone says you owe money does not automatically mean I owe money. Maybe she owes me money. Maybe I should file something with the credit bureau and threaten her credit. This is crap!

• Kb
    kb11 Mar 05, 2011

We must have had the same vile, rude woman from Texas --I also had an incoming call from this company telling me I owed a bill for my son and they told me I had to pay it or it was going onto my credit report. They also told me I had recieved an EOB-from my insurance company and they proceeded to tell me they will collect the bill. I have never got anything regarding the matter. I told them I never got an EOB because insurance was run through X's as subscriber--so I never got any correspondence regarding the matter. I also told them I have "Court Orders" that proof's this truth. They then proceeded to tell me they do not care about a Court Order I have. I after 45 minutes of being subjected to over bearing, degrading responses asked them if they were aware of FEDERAL LAWS regarding PROPER NOTICE to me. I continiously asked them how can you tell me I owe it-and what I have recv'd when I had never even had PROPER NOTICE from them. She was so RUDE and DEGRADING--even telling me why my child was seen at an ER and what insurance was PAID! Privacy? WHO IS SHE? Than also told me to write a letter to there company for the info or she was reporting as derogatory on my Credit Report. Everytime I tried to speak --she would raise her voice over me--so I had to tolerate because I was afraid she would illegally report this bill---causing more of a mess. I fianlly said--"Look, I just answered my phone this afternoon--I request sense you are a third party collector and this amount is disputed and you know nothing of our family''s insurance and certainly shouldn't have any knowledge of my minor child health issue I request you either send to the correct address provided at the hospiptal or send it back to the hospital so they can proceed to correctly and legal handle this account. I told her you are not interested in "court orders" regarding medical coverage and payments or proper notification to me and apparently you are only interest in continous threat of placeing on my credit report--I told her I think the fact I have been on the phone over an hour with you proofs I am extremely interested in finding out exactly what is going on--She then just started asking me if I were on my home# or Cell#--I said I am not answering anything else because of your unnactable tone and your lack of "Proper Notification" and your degrading approach to even the validation of a supposedly remaining amount due for my child. She sasid she has it at her company and that was enough and I better pay or it is going on to my Credit Report. I said -well, than I better request your legal departments contact info because I will be calling the Attorney General's office filling a complain and the Federal Tele -Cummications and the Consumer Affairs on you because I do have a right to "Discovery and Validation of any bill" ----She said she was in Texas and I this bill was originated in Florida --and I didn't know what I was talking about and better just pay her because once it is on my Credit Report iot is too late. As this time my blood is absolutely boiling---I asked her what is is her Company's or Corporation Federal ID--Informing her if she is calling me ----representing herself with a company she should have it ----She said ---"You DO NOT NEED THAT YOU NEED TO PAY" she than proceeded to tell me how I have waisted over an HOUR of HER TIME! It was on my cell--so I have proof of this incoming call and she really has BROKEN FEDERAL COLLECTION LAWS! I am appalled that there are even people whom can be so VILE, RUDE and DEGRADING and she actually thought I would deal with a complete stranger over the phone --without any verification of a bill! If she puts an invalid debt on my CREDIT REPORT --on top of everyhting else she said and demanded from me--they will only have to remove it later and her company WEST MANAGEMENT can be FINED Big Dollars and hopefully this cruel woman will get FIRED! If West ASSET Management employees some-one like her than they are obviously bottom feeders and not a professional company. If anyone has had any experiences like this--please take the time to post so investigators can read about what is happening --the more people speak-up about company' reps. making contact like this than the sooner they can be forced to recognize Federal and STATE laws that clearly are established to PREVENT what I just experienced. They are trying to collect bills illegally----Please post your experience if you have also been harassed by the call center out of Texas or West Managemnt Group. I already have started the process in calling the Attorney Generals Office. ---They must prey upon us thinking we won't take the time to stand up for what is legal! Remember I had never even heard of the outstanding bill until I answered my phone---After all that --and when-- I finally asked for there Federal ID--and remember she told me I didn't need it ---I repeatedly asked for it ---SHE HUNG UP ON ME! Imagine that? So-was she for real or a scam or is there really a bill out there--She hung-up on me when I asked her for proper identification! The law says they have to identify who they are and suggest everyone remember to ask for a companys Federal TAX --ID number! I still have no info regarding the bill!

• Pa
    PamC123 Jul 08, 2011

I have also had the same experience with West Asset Management. They told me they were not going to send me a monthly statement. I told them I would not pay anything further on the account until they did. I ultimately had to speak to a supervisor. She was also rude so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She hung up on me, but ultimately I ended up with a supervisor's name and number. Her name is Rebecca Russell and her phone number is 903-891-7181. She was very helpful and told me I did have the right to request a monthly statement. So every month I request a statement. When they call on the phone I don't answer or I answer and just hang up without saying anything. After several calls they give up. Now when I call they immiedately transfer me to one of the "team leaders". That's another thing. You have to make sure you are actually talking to supervisor. They way to tell for sure is to ask them their job title. Then you find out whether they are a supervisor or not. Nine times out of ten you are talking to team leader. The real problem is the laws that allow hospitals to sell your debt and release info about you. That should be illegal.

BEING HARRASSED FOR DEBT THAT'S NOT MINE

For about a year now they have called sent bills for a debt that I never had. I've asked them to just show me something that shows it is a legit debt of mine and I will pay it. They say because it's in collection they have no way of giving me anything to show me it's mine.

• Ex
    exie Jul 01, 2009

Good comments by maggie. if you can record the next call, start in a very polite manner, try to get them to break fair debt, interrupt them so they cant state the mini-miranda statement as required on every communication. get them not verifying you correctly, anything, before dropping the bomb on them .

then they are busted!

jaimiejo2010 May 25, 2010

you people just need to pay your bills and quit complaining seriously! The top part above where maggie said they have 30 days to send you verification of the debt is correct. And they do. If you ran up a bill or didn't pay back something you SIGNED THE CONTRACT stating that you would pay it back...then do so! Trying to get them in trouble by interuppting them while their trying to state the mini miranda or varify you correctly is amusing to me...if you record that and the judge can clearly see you're doing it intentionally their going to dismiss it. Just pay your bills and quit being a burdon to society! LOW LIFE!

jaimiejo2010 May 25, 2010

Oh yeah and thanks to people like you I get to keep my job! Unlike you people who are probably sitting on the unemployment line :)

• La
    larrydharrison Sep 09, 2010

To jaimiej02010...What makes you so sure the debt in question is legit? I recently had 3 - count them 1, 2, 3! - different companies trying to collect on the same debt...one that had been settled over two years ago. I called, I wrote, I recorded...I did everything Texas law allows me to do, and still got calls from these people. I was only successful by giving them an attorney's phone number and telling them (during a recorded call) that any further contact was to be through the attorney. Sure, it cost a few bucks to have a lawyer friend talk with them, but there have been no more calls. And, by the way, jaimiej02010, have you recently acquainted yourself with the concepts of slander and libel? You might want to do so if you intend to call names and trash the public image of people you don't know. Here in Texas we kinda lean toward being friendly unless there is a real good reason not to. Just as a suggesstion, jaimie02010, you could lay off ragging on other people all together and take care of your own (apparently small) life. Best to you. I hope you mature soon.

Employer

If one wants to work for a company that thrives on "double speak"--this company is for you! This company...

Collections

I have settled an account w/West Asset Management [protected] & [protected] for 50¢ on the $1 on...

Employee abuse

Someone really should do an intense investigation of this company. I have never seen a company that does everything within it's power to make life as miserable as they can for their employees. I know that no company or organization is perfect but West corporation is down right demoralizing. They play mind games with their employees when they have overextended themselves with too many applicants; and lets face it right now with the economy being in the sad state its in, they are bombarded with unsuspecting applicants on a daily basis. This company is a 3rd party call center for various commercial organizations like at&t, Comcast, Direct TV and other companies that choose to outsource some of their customer service. It would be an ideal job if they company wasn't run like a prison. The management is extremely unprofessional and they pick and choose who is going to be treated fairly. They constantly make up rules as they go along, and this isn't just done to the employees its also done to the customers as well. I have heard some appauling things in my day but when you are told to make something up if a customer asked too hard of a question like " why can't I get a refund" something is very wrong with this approach to "customer service". On top of that there is more unethical pratices than this box could even hold. I would suggest someone from the federal government to come in under cover and observe for themselves the sweatshop like environment they have people working in. They are squeezed together like sardines in a stinking can. They cannot even have their own headsets, they are forced to put on a headset that someone else just had on talked into with salivia flying into the mics and all. They do not even periodically shampoo the carpet in that place, it feels like a seispool inside the building, you always feel as though something is crawling on your skin when your inside there. I do not recommend anyone work there; shoveling manure would be an improvement outside of working for West corporation and consumers would definitely be better off if they did not exist.

• Do
    Dongalor May 10, 2009

The best analogy I can think of is a slaughterhouse.

They bring you in and fatten you up at $11.50/hr. for a few months and then kill you with ridiculous "Quality Assurance" requirements so they can bring in more 90 day - $9.00/hr "trainees". I can only assume it is part of their business plan. Sad and unfair to customers.

I'm writing an article about their practices. Please feel free to e-mail your experiences to: [email protected]

Tell anyone else you know to send me their experiences also. Good luck and consider yourself fortunate to be out of there.

• Sm
    [email protected] May 17, 2010

I agree, however there are more companies like this... and i had a bitter experience working at care call center pvt ltd. Same thing happened with us also, the policy used to change every week, and it always do the negative for employees. They have a special policy where you are not allowed to take any paid leaves in entire year, instead of this they will give you 1 months salary if you completes your 1 year, and than you see the real face of the blood suckers. The HR will make a policy that the payment for the paid leave salary will be made after another 6 moths which they call as a cycle of payments, [censor]... Also it claims that it is an international call center, such a joke... the poor infrastructure, stealing employees wealth and salary, abusing employees with bad HR policies, harassing employees, making policies against the employees favor, salary transfer on 11th or after 11th of every month... we have suffered so much that the words are less to explain the vcare call center policy towards employees and benefits. Also check this: vcarecallcenternews.blogspot.com

• On
    Onsmart Sep 19, 2015

I am sorry that you worked in a call center like that. I suppose that the health department needs to get in the call center regulation business, let alone the building codes and fire department. If you wanted to, you could provide an anonymous tip of the atrocious conditions. Personally, I would not work in a call center for less than $25 an hour.
    In life, a lot of what you get out is based on what you choose to focus on. You could spend $5, 000 and get a couple of certifications in about 3 months that would put you in the earnings ball park and I assure that you will get treated a lot better.

Think about it.

• I worked for a company called Westmed Partners for about two weeks. That was all I could take. The first 8 days of training were all right but the next 2 days on the call center floor were hell. I had 2 phone reps that were supposed to be trainers sit with me. They were both very rude and critical. They found something wrong with everything I did when I took calls. I had been a customer service phone rep for over 25 years. The girls stated I spoke too slow, I sounded like I was reading a script, I moved too slow on the computer, my phone notes were too long and I said ok too much. They would loudly criticize me while I was trying to speak to the caller and listen to what he was saying. They went on to say maybe this work was not for me since I was not doing well. The following Monday I realized I could not stay there due to the poor treatment I received. I turned in my badge and advised the Human Resourced representative I was leaving. She had the Director of Human Resources call me. The Director asked me what happened on the call center floor. I explained how I was treated by the trainers and that was why I left. She was going to investigate this and possibly find me a job in another department. She never called me back. I called her twice and she never returned my calls. I am now unemployed due to extreme rude treatment which I would call harassment. No one should be treated like that.!

Terrible company

This company is going down and do not want to admit it so they are firing all of their seasoned collectors. They are trash and you should not work for them. This company has a very hostile environment, they train with lies, they intimidate the employees, threaten them to fire them if they don't do what they want you to do and before they fire you they tell you not to worry about filing unemployment because Larry TY(the director of collections) is going to fight it and win.

• 4n
    4noth4comsu3r May 06, 2009

The following is merely an opinion, and as such is not intended to indemnify or otherwise evaluate the named company on any basis:

It is true what you are saying about firing all of the seasoned collectors. At my location, I figured it out after about 3 mos. of employment. They used the unspoken threat to intimidate me into a cutthroat battle for promotion. I refused to dig up material against the other employee. When other employees were found evaluating the accounts of their coworkers they were fired for improper disclosure. But, one-by-one the people who had worked there for over 6 mos. were being shown the door.

I am not surprised at this unethical practice, because it serves the company to protect their unlawful policies and training. Once the employee has served their purpose as a scapegoat, they fire them to cover their own wrongdoings.

Consistent with your claim about unemployment, my case was found in favor of the employee due to a body of lies which is the primary objective of their human resources department. Why should they worry about recruiting long-term employees when their objective is to frame the company's individual complaints upon them.

This scapegoating practice not only serves to take the heat off them from unlawful collection practices, but helps them avoid responsibility to their client companies when such companies are dissatisfied with any given customer interaction.

Bad service

I have been getting 3-4 computerized calls a day from West Asset Management for a debt that the original company, Qwest, says I do not own. How can I stop this?

Harassing Phone Calls

This was an error by Qwest, I solved the problem with a phone call to Qwest and Now this West Asset...

dishonest employee layoffs

My husband who worked for West Asset Man. was laid off because of trying to help a disabled individual who...

They keep calling even though I tell them i am not the person they are asking for

This is a collection agency and they keep calling me even though I have told them that I am not the person they are looking for. I have told them now 4 times and I am going to turn them into the BBB. I have told them to take me off the list and they still continue to call me. I am going to report them for calling my number when I told them I am not this person.

Margaret Sneider Aug 18, 2008

West Asset Management

Complaint Rating: 100 % with 1 votes
    Company information:
    West Asset Management
    Louisiana
    Phone: 8668825878
    www.westassetmanagement.com

I hired them to collect my receivables and they never paid on the bills I gave them. They stole my companies monies and they are a scam.

• Phyllis Hitzfeld Jun 28, 2009

Same company just it's a debt I never had and they call at all hours and stuff my mail box with notices. I told them please show me some proof it is my debt and I'll pay.

Shoddy business

This collection agency keeps making harassing phone calls to my home phone. They are trying to get a hold of my FORMER roommate. This company has contacted me on MULTIPLE dates, and they won't stop calling. When my children and I tell them to stop calling because he no longer lives with us, they just persist. They call my house almost every day at different times. One caller told me he just wanted to verify some information on Mr. *****, and when I told him I didn't have any information for him, he then asked me if I was his ex-girlfriend or ex-wife!

This debt has absolutely nothing to do with me, but I may have to change my phone number because these idiots won't stop harassing me!

Scam and cheating!

WAM, sent me the following letter as initial communication. The debt was 'sold' by the hospital...

Poor service!

On September 19, 2006, I applied for my Oklahoma Concealed Weapons License (CWL), after considerable time and expense going through the required training, classroom instruction, and extensive practice. The CWL was issued December 15, 2006. What the issuing of the CWL means to the public is that I went through a background check through the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, The Oklahoma State Department of Mental Health, Tulsa County Sheriff's Department, F.B.I. and who knows, maybe Homeland Security.

Having spent endless hours reading and researching the Federal and State Laws, including the Oklahoma Firearms Act, the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, and the United States Code concerning the carrying and transport of a firearm, I felt that I knew far more than the average CWL holder and complied with those laws.

While at work on May 02, 2007, I was terminated from West Corporation here in Tulsa. The reason: Violating West’s policy of having a firearm on their premises (in the trunk of my car, locked up), which I freely admitted, because according to the above-mentioned laws on the books, I was completely legal in having the firearm in my car trunk and even produced my CWL to West personnel. I had planned to go to Tulsa Firearms Academy to practice that evening with friends.

West has a policy of hiring anyone, no drug or background checks.

I was in complete compliance with all known State and Federal laws, having a firearm in my vehicle. Yet, West Corporation terminated me.

• Yo
    YouWish May 15, 2008

I know where you are coming from, this company is so full of it. Has the EEOC been notified about this company? and no drug tests? :-O When I first heard of this after being there for a while, I couldn't believe it. Since when do companies not do drug tests?