West Asset Managementcollection procedures

Even though I have made monthly payments on a medical debt assinged to West Asset Management, they refuse to stop the collection calls unless I provide them with my bank account number, and routing number for automatic withdraws from my account. I refuse to provide my account information to any collection agency for obvious fraud issues. Even though West Asset Management has acknowleged receipt of payments on this accont every month, they continue to call until I provide them with banking information. If payments are being made on the account every month the phone calls should stop. These thieves will not get my bank account information, but i will continiue to pay the debt I owe. This type of collection tactic is unethical. Who in their right mind would ever provide bank account informaiton to a collection agency?

• Ju
    judybluiiis Jul 28, 2010

DO NOT SEND A PERSONAL CHECK AS A PAYMENT. THEY CAN GET YOUR ACCOUNT AND ROUTING NUMBER FROM THE CHECK! ALWAYS USE MONEY ORDERS!

jaimiejo2010 May 25, 2010

Actually that is WRONG! I dont know about other collection agencies but with West Asset Management we are not allowed to put payments thru without authorization! It is FEDERAL LAW. The only reason theyd want your bank account info is so that way they have guaranteed payment, as long as you authorize us to take it out of your account every month for the next 6 months or whatever we will do so. If not they cannot take out of your account as they want. Nice try tho :)