Welcome FinanceCredit reference

S

I got a laon from this company a few years ago. I lost my job and fell a few months behind with my payments. When I got another job I made an arrangement for them to take double payments until the arrears were cleared. They took the first payment then called me and offered me a settlement figure. They confirmed both verbally and in writing that they would inform the credit reference agencies the account had been paid in full.

A week after paying the settlement sum I recieved an email from equifax saying there had been a " There has been a change to the Caution Flag status on the following account." It was from Welcome Finance and it was indicating I had paid some of my loan and the rest had been written off. That indicates they couldn't get the money and gave up. It's not the same as what was said in the letter they sent to me "On settlement of this account all the relevent credit reference agencies will be notified that this account has been paid in full".

They have been promising for two months to rectify this. This is something that can be done within 24 hours so I am not to pleased. I'm not in need of any credit at the moment but I want this changed ASAP and I get the feeling they have done this on purpose.

Comment Guidelines