Webstarts.comI just got billed 39.96 by Webstarts.com without any warning or notice

J

I just got billed 39.96 by Webstarts.com without any warning or notice. I had forgotten that I signed up with them last year on May 5, 2010. On April 6, 2011, I received notice that a deduction had been made from my checking account. Not only did I not receive any notice giving me the option of not renewing, they took the money from my account after 11 months - not a full year. These people are parasites, living off of those of us who had forgotten they even existed. This is equivalent to theft. Stay away from these people. I couldn't even tell you the last time I got an email from them, that says their support isn't that great either. If I'm supposed to be a member, you would think they would at least provide some kind of notice or correspondence. I have reported them to the BBB and submitted a complaint to the SCC.

• Te
    Terry Ray Pollard Apr 21, 2016

I would with great regret like to apologize to webstarts.com for my hasteful judgments in a situation where Tim B. and I had a disagreement.
    While we may have different views about things it does not mean we can not work together as client and customer.
    I would like to comment as to why the complaint post has not been removed "ComplaintsBoard.com" after multiple emails and proof of who I am has refused to remove my complaint due to the fact that I no longer have the old email and placed the post from another PC.
    Webstarts.com and I have resolved any and all issues we have had.
    Terry Pollard 4/21/2016 3:41PM

• Te
    Terrypollard Nov 07, 2015

11/7/2015 Let me start by saying I am not one to gossip, but truth is truth, Webstarts.com is absolutely a business that has brought total shame upon its own self.
    Yes they are human! and that's a poor excuse for a business to use, I did not believe what people had been saying about Webstarts.com, I had free and paid accounts with them for years and recently I had made the effort to log into my free account " or charity account as "Tim B. " calls it " and it blocked me from uploading more pictures, I sent an message to support and was told that I needed to upgrade! and I replied "I would just need to cancel my free account that I could not pay!, I received a response shortly from "Tim B." saying that it was a tech issue and they fixed it, also in the message "Tim B" stated that I needed to remember it was a free account and that he had done me favors in helping me before, and at the end of they day he had a business to run, implying he was not a "charity".
    I caught his rudeness right off! and so I replied to "Tim B" saying if you help someone it should be, because you did it out of your heart, not so you could later throw it back in peoples face, "Tim B " replied and said to me " we do not need your gratuity (Tip) or your business and that I should be thankful for the free account, "I was in total shock that after all the years these people would be so rude and condescending.
    Yes everyone I had a free account for a long time, I used to have a paid account years back, isn't free what Webstarts.com advertises "Free" like an they talk down to me and try to shake me down for money, and when they do not get it they treat you like trash and talk down to you!. It is sad that they need to treat people like this, it only shows what they believe in and what they perceive of themselves as a business.
    As you can see they make a rebuttal to every complaint, this shows they are having to cover their butt's, if they had never done wrong they would not be responding to all the lie's as they see it. "Tim B you should be ashamed of the way you have talked down to me and for telling me that I deserve they way people treat me, I want everyone to know, "I am a missionary of sort I have walked through five states carrying a 12' cross and used webstarts.com for my website, in an earlyer email I had told "Tim B ' to read what I was about and that I had suffered persecution for my beliefs, Tim B" now used what I had shared in an email a while back to tell me off "He said now I no why you rub people the wrong way", I want people every were to know forgiveness is a must but ignoring the truth will not stand, Webstarts is wrong and should be confronted and brought out on all accounts of rude and unjust business practices. and by the way webstarts stop "Taunting me by sending multiple emails a day asking me to upgrade! I no longer have an account with Webstarts.com and would never use them again. "Cast not what is Holy to the dogs for they will turn and shew you up" Webstarts.com keep on responding, this many complaints against you, and you still believe you are doing right!, shame be upon your business.

• We
    Webstarts IDIOTS Jun 02, 2015

Webstarts.com is a wormhole of ###s, parasites and idiots. AT ALL COSTS, DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR ### OR ELSE LOSE OVER 400$ LIKE I DID!!!

• Pr
    Private Business May 29, 2014

In reading the other posted complaints and without going into all the details of my own ordeal with WEBSTARTS, I agree that this company is horrific! The client service reps are rude and treat people poorly. They know absolutely nothing about their company and put you on hold for extended periods of time just to come back to tell you nothing. They do not send notices about anything except for promotions in their attempt to bill you for more services. They also make promises and then break them. For example, I was prematurely billed for the renewal of a site and they promised to refund the credit card on file. After 2 months I still had not received a refund. Finally after many calls to them, they told me they never made that promise and then tried to pacify me with a $10 credit?!!! Really? They became extremely argumentative, and along with that came more rudeness. Happily, I took my business elsewhere and would not recommend this fly-by-nite kitchen operation to anyone who values good customer service and most of all, honesty & respect!

• Sh
    shaggy72 Sep 06, 2013

Webstarts is the worst company i have EVER had to deal with, i have NEVER, i repeat NEVER had a response from them after emailing them. i live in the uk so im damned im gonna phone america to get in touch... my adivce... AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• La
    Lars Falldin Jul 19, 2013

I have received repeatedly reminders for renewal of my domain name 'tp4-enersol.com'.
    I have also payed, last month, the renewal fee for my website 'tp4-enersol' for another year.
    Is the domain name protection not included in the site renewal fee?????????
    Yes or No!!!
    If not, then why is there no info on your support paged of how to renew a domain name???????????
    If yes, then why does the automatic renewal announcment continue to bother me????????????
    Please reply urgently because I have repeatedly written messages to your help and support dept without getting any answer.
    I have 5 day respit only now!!!

• St
    Steve Waldrop Dec 05, 2012

All yearly renewal fee's are invoiced 30 days prior to the anniversary date of the site. This is done in order to prevent the expiration of a domain name. For obvious reasons, any company that will sell you a domain name will invoice you before the expiration date of that domain. You still get the full year, we just want to avoid losing your domain name. Nothing malicious. Had anything ever been unclear, a simple phone call would have easily cleared up any confusion. In case you weren't able to find the number on our site, here it is again: [protected].

• Bo
    bonuscd Nov 23, 2012

My contract with webstarts was to end Dec. 19, 2012, they closed it on Nov. 21, 2012, I have an e-mail from them stating this. They also tried signing me up for 5-years-red flag went up. I do not trust this company and will tell others to stay away. You think you are signing up for 12 months but you all get 11 months. Westarts will try and bluff you by posting--someone had a fake e-mail address or what ever.
    Here is my e-mail address [email protected] E-mail me before you sign up with this company.

• We
    webstarts Dec 13, 2011

I am the owner of WebStarts and we work diligently to stay in communication with our customers. We have a dedicated support staff who responds to emails and answers the phone on a daily basis. We are the only company in our industry who displays our 1-800 number directly on our homepage. We send out several email notifications prior to charging a customers card. This person most likely signed up with a fake email address and therefore didn't receive any of our emails. And then rather than call us decided to post the complaint here. If you have any questions about WebStarts please call [protected]. Keep in mind we're human and our reps are not outsourced so we keep regular office hours Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm.