Weather ShieldLifetime Warranty Not Honored

R

Today (11/11/2015) I contacted Weather Shield to request a replacement part for one of the Weather Shield windows in my home. I was told by "Brandon" at Weather Shield that since the window is 21 years old and that this is the first time this particular part has broken (there have been other parts that have broken over the years) they would not be supplying me with a replacement part. I explained to Brandon that my Weather Shield windows had a lifetime warranty on hardware. Brandon stated that the part that broke (a Tie Bar Guide) had lasted just fine for twenty-one years and that, it now breaking, did not demonstrate a defect in workmanship or material. I feel that a company that sells a product with a Lifetime Window Hardware Warranty should back a window's hardware for the life of the window. Brandon and Weathershield will not. The clause of their warranty pertaining reads: Window Hardware (Lifetime) Weather Shield warrants that ProShield window hardware shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the LIFE of the structure into which the window is installed. In all cases, the customer will be invoiced for the replacement hardware at the regular price and full credit will be issued when the defective hardware has been returned to Weather Shield.

• Th
    Thomas Delsart May 31, 2020

I bought 4 patio doors when I built 2 duplexes in 2006. It turns out, the width of the sliding door was designed too wide so the fuzzy stuff can’t overlap to seal out the wind. No tenant ever told me the wind just blows straight in. I just happened to be there on a windy day, and was shocked. I called W.S. They pretended like they didn’t understand. Help!!!