Walmartnot having merchandise

L

I live in Pinehurst, N.C. and shop at Walmart in Aberdeen. On May 23, I went to the Walmart store in Aberdeen to purchase a gas grill that is on sale. Char-Broil stainless-steel 4 burner for $148.00. They advised me that they have sold out and I went to the section where you pick up merchandise that you order on line. A you lady by the name of Stephanie helped me and called Laurinburg, N. C. store. She was told they have the grill and would hold it for the Aberdeen store customer. My husband and I went to Laurinburg, N. C., about 70+ miles round trip, and when we arrived, about 40minutes later, we were told they sold out yesterday, May22. A salesman by the name of Johnny helped me. I asked to see the manager, he called and said her name is Christina and we would walk to the Bakery section. When we got there, she then said that we would go back to the garden center and check to see if they had any. So she and Johnny checked and she walked away! Johnny advised me that I could get another grill but it is not a Char-Broil brand. I told Johnny that we had driven down to get the Char-Broil grill, he said that Christina said that he could offer me another grill. I am so upset with the attitude of the management!! She did not even offer an apology for the inconvience. I ran a Western Auto Store in Aberdeen for 15 years and we never treated our customer this way. I think you should send your management back for more training!! My son runs a successful business in Laurinburg and I am sure he and his staff would never treat thier customer in such a manner... My name is Linda Parke. my e-mail is [protected]@earthlink.net.