Walgreensbalance rewards breaks customer contract (they are making it up as they go)

T Nov 07, 2018 Review updated:

How can Walgreens just break their agreements with customers regarding their balance reward points. This is definitely a lawsuit in the making. I have $200 in points that I have been diligently earning and saving for Christmas. If you use 40000 points you get a $50 reward. I was informed yesterday that they changed their policy 11/06/18. You can only redeem $5.00 at a time. I was never informed of this change. This is MY money...MY POINTS...It is illegal to just make it up as you go, or whatever benefits the company the most. I am getting my money and my points no matter what it takes. Walgreens is becoming the biggest joke in retail. Shame on them!!!

• Li
    Lisa Meegan Nov 18, 2018

I am with you on the points fraudulent representation. We have been customers for years but that is definitely changing after this con game. We attempted to, last night to get fifty dollars worth of merchandise for converting 40, 000 points. After being checked out I was informed that a new policy was put in place by Walgreens that we would only be able to use 5000 points on the order, a conversion of five dollars. We immediately told the clerk to cancel the order and walked out. Apparently Walgreens has gotten too big for its loyal customers. Also thinking of contacting a lawyer or awaiting a class action lawsuit. We also have over one hundred thousand 100, 000 now useless points. Bahumbug walgreens.

• Sp
    spotty56 Nov 25, 2018

I have worked for Walgreens for over 10 years and corporate is certainly making alot of bad choices regarding customers. As employees we are always being reminded of excellent customer care (employee care is unheard of) Our hours have been cut to nothing so being able to give our customers great service is next to impossible. This is very upsetting for employees because we love our customers. Shoplifting is rampant. And now I have to tell everyone their points are limited. A lot of customers, many elderly, were saving for Christmas. Shame on Walgreens. I really hope someone gets a class action suit going. I love my store but corporate sucks. After 10 years and 2 months i make $12.67 an hour. Guess that makes me a fool,

jamie c l Dec 02, 2018

I have over $125 worth of reward points accumulated for Christmas shopping this month. All of the sudden I was told I can only use $5 at a time and now I only have $101 in rewards. They said company changed its rewards policy on Nov 4, 2018. So I lost the rewards money I have accumulated and I can only use $5 per transaction (instead of $50). That’s BS and Walgreens stole from me. I earned my reward dollars and if they want to implement the new policy they can do so on my future purchase points/reward dollars. Not the reward I have already earned. That’s stealing!