Vodafonewrong commitment & worst customer care

My last mail to vodafone

Due to no response from your side against my mobile no. [protected], I m so much harrashed by vodafone. Vodafone is a cheap and waste customer service including apeal.

I decided to close all my vodafone no. S within starting week of november 09.

[number removed] named [name removed]

And will never go to vodafone & also suggest to others.

With final regards,

On wed, oct 7, 2009 at 7:03 pm, arun singh rawat <[protected]@gmail.com> wrote:

As per my mail I told you not to do correspondence to my home address. But you sent a hard copy of bill to my address.
Boss why you are doing that things when I told you that I dont need that vodafone number [protected].
I purchased that no.in 26 aug. 2009. Your executive whom I talked ansured me that it ll activate after 78 hours. But you activated the same in 07 sep. 2009 (after 264 hour of purchasing) and after 7th sep. 2009, I visited to your store he ansured me that sim was not activated till date (I think it was 12th sep. 2009). And he made a refund request against that mob. No..
How can he do request when sim was activated and why he dont told me that.

These are the loose point of your worst service.

I am trying to visit consumer forum and let see what they do for me.
I am trying to contact your vodafone ombudsman (national or international) because of not reply by nodal officer in last 9 days.

Let seeeeeee!

On fri, oct 2, 2009 at 4:04 pm, vodafone care wrote:

Dear mr. Rawat,

Thank you for your email dated 29/09/09 reagrding the services on your vodafone number [protected].

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to confirm to you that we have forwarded the details of your concern to our specialized vodafone care team. We request you to kindly provide us 72 working hours to get the same checked and revert back to you with the feedback.

Assuring you with the best of our services at all times.

We at vodafone believe in customer satisfaction. Please be assured, that we are committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.

In the meantime, if you need any further assistance, please do call us on 111 toll free from your vodafone mobile phone. We? Ll do our best to help you.

Happy to help,

Heena iqbal
Vodafone care

Contact numbers
Vodafone care : 111 or +91-[protected]
(Toll free from vodafone mobile phones within the home network)
Fax number : +91-[protected]/[protected]
E-mail : vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com
Website : www.vodafone.in

— original message —

From: [protected]@gmail.com

Sent: 29-sep-2009 18:24:12

To: vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com

Cc: nidhi. [protected]@vodafone.com

Subject: re: refund of amount on your vodafone mobile number [protected] [ref:[protected]]

As per rule if that all are mentions in your terms and conditions column then why should your executive taken my request. Was he never read the t&c.

According to t&c if I am requesting you to refund you need to close my account with immediate effect.

I declare that I am not using the no. [protected]. I ll not take any liability against this vodafone no..

If you ll do any correspondence for this number at my address, I ll complaint against you with all proof as hard copy.

Your executive confirmed me that due to negative verification the number was not activated and he showed me that on pc.

I am not responsible for calls made by this number.

And I am getting the way how you refund my money back.

With regards,

Arun singh rawat

On wed, sep 23, 2009 at 12:43 pm, vodafone care < vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com> wrote:

> dear mr. Rawat,

> thank you for your email dated 19/09/09 regarding the refund of

> amount on your vodafone mobile number [protected].

> we sincerely regret the delay in replying to your e-mail and the

> inconvenience caused due to misrepresented information provided to you.

> we value your relationship with us. We assure you that we are

> committed to provide you and all our customers with quality customer

> service

> we would like to confirm to you that as per our records, the

> verification has been confirmed positive for your account, and the

> services for yor vodafone number have been activated effective 07/09/09.

> we would also like to confirm to you that as per the "make your own plan"

> on your vodafone number, security deposit of rs. 500 is refundable in

> case you retain your vodafone account for 24 months.

> as per the details mentioned above, we regret to state that we would

> not be able to refund the security deposit of rs. 500 on your postpaid

> vodafone account prior to completion 24 months of activation of your vodafone number.

> assuring you with the best of our services at all the times

> in case you need further assistance, please do call or email us. We'll

> do our best to help you.

> happy to help,

> shweta gursahani

> vodafone care

> contact numbers

> vodafone care : 111 or +91-[protected]

> (Toll free from vodafone

> mobile phones within the home network)

> fax number : +91-[protected]/[protected]

> sent: 19-sep-2009 16:49:01

> to: vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com

> subject: refund request. No. [protected]

> dear sir/madam,

> I booked a vodfone no.* [protected]* by my name *arun singh rawat* on *aug.

> 26, 2009*.

> I made a payment of rs. 500 to the executive named nevrinder singh as said.

> my sim no. Is [protected].

> due to negative verification sim was not activated till *9th sep*. So

> I bought another I made a request to refund my payment at vodafone

> store situated at *rajeev chowk metro station c. P. Delhi*. He gave

> me request no.*[protected]*.

> after

> that somebody called me that he wants to give me a vodafone gift and

> he told me that the request of refund was not done.

> but I did it before.

> how could you activate my no. After a wrong verification and my request.

> I am using another vodafone no. [protected] for last 1 year.

> please revert me the status.

> with regards,

> arun singh rawat

> [protected]

> this email and any attachments thereto are confidential and intended

> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

> this message contains confidential information and is intended only

> for the individual named. If you are not the intended recipient /

> named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, reproduce or copy this e-mail.

> please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received

> this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you

> are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,

> copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents

> of this information is strictly prohibited. Please further note that

> transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free".

“this email and any attachments thereto are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended recipient / named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, reproduce or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please further note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free".

RESOLVED

Complaint is resolved.

• Ba
    babbu sharma Sep 03, 2017

i can face serious network problem in bhalswa dairy delhi 110042. so network team chek nd thare are tawer requirment so i can apply for tower on my rooftop. nd network team chek covrej before 1 month nd slect the place . nd before 10 days call me vodafone .your tower is installed in 72 hour but not any responce nd not solv any problem . plz give me response nd solv my problem plz contect me [protected] [protected]

• Le
    Lenroc Aug 22, 2016

I purchased a Vodafone World calling card last week ( 15th of June) from Ernakulam, Kerala thinking that it would be helpful and economical for me to call my relatives at Australia. Since that day i have been making attempts to reach the Aus numbers and not able to make a single call till date. I called their customer care number 50119 once in the last week and registered the complaint about the same. They checked my pin number and the Aus calling number and after finding it OK told me that its a network problem and would get sorted out with in 24 Hrs. Thinking that the problem might have been fixed by now as more than 4 x 24 hrs passed by, i tried today at IST 6:00 AM. Once again i experience the same problem. Immedietly i tried to contact their customer care once again, i got the same message " the Vodafone music...then Welcome to Vodafone WCC customer care...all out customer care executives are busy...your call is improtant to us...please hold on our customer care executive will be in touch with you shortly...then the call automatically got disconnected"...This went on for 6 times and i decided to stop further attempts. Vodafone having boosted about their customer care through Visual medea and print medea...i had lot of hopes on their customer care.Now i have come to know its all the petty propaganda just for hype and got nothing to do with actual customer service.

Further i dont know whom to contact as my card would get expired in one month and i was not able to make any calls out of it.

• Fr
    Franky Aug 12, 2016

On the7/4/2008 Vodafone cut my mobile off, despite paying by Direct Debit and was up to date. I also have been with Vodafone since they started.They claim i owe them £777.56, i do not, my phone bill was up to date and had not missed any payments, Breach of Contract!

My 17 year old son had been to Phones 4 u and had, what he thought was the perfect contract for him, and i had to agree. In the first 3 months of his billing he found that they had put him on the wrong tariff and were overcharging him. We went back to the shop and they said that this was the contract that he signed up for. to cut along story short, they sold him the wrong contract, which thet admitted, so instead of canceling the contract, which they would not do, they tried to offer him £100 cash back, this he refused, now not only has my son not got a contract phone, vodafone are claiming the monies from me. All this despite keeping in contact with Vodafone and letting them know what was going on with Phones 4 U. On top of that they cut off my own mobile phone, because of that, despite not owning any monies with my own contract phone. I now have to start court proceeding against Both Vodafone And Phones 4 U.

• Ks
    K.Sridhar Jul 20, 2016

On 16/02/08 morning hrs i enquired related to reduce the STD calls charges with the customercare i was informed of Rs54,but the CSR didnot inform me that it would not work on life time,as a CSR he is sitting to help the Customers but not to give wrong info,as i was not aware of it so i made a E-recharge of Rs54 but i was unable to use the facility of,so i thought of getting this issue in front of u so that i will be helpful,i need the complete explanation related to the issue.

Iam life time member of number bearing +[protected],had been charged wrongly for the call made on 16/02/2008 at noon time around 2.20pm-2.45pm.it was an STD call to mumbai RIM number.The call duration was for 557sec's,as per tariff i should be charged 2.65prmin,but i was charged 27.50ps for the call,related this issue when i made a call to customercare twice but i was not helpful atall and a CSR put me on hold for more than 15mins without any feedback and the call got disconnected from your side.

gaurav25n Jul 18, 2016

I have a vodafone postpaid connection no.[protected] which i was hardly using since this is my alternate number n i had to pay monthly rental every time
    i decided to convert it into prepaid and went to vodafone store sant nagar branch on 15th november...so they checked everything and agreed to convert it into prepaid but suddenly at the last moment the executive said we cannot convert it till the billing cycle ends...so i went on 24th november 2011...first of all the executive started convincing me to continue wth the postpaid scheme..on me being very firm he agreed for conversion n asked me fr my ID n photograph..i gave him my license n photograph to which he further demanded MY PAN CARD which is quite absurd...on me being harsh he agreed for the conversion...suddenly again he picked up another point that my photo in my DL is not clear so my request wudnt b processed further...i rushed back to my home n brought my passport fpr proof...i submitted a copy of my passport n photo n my postpaid sim to which i was handed over a new prepaid sim with a promise that it will get activated within 24 hours...it has beeen more den 24 hours n my fone is showing SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED.i called up customer care to which they said that due to photo not being clear my request for prepaid conversion cant be processed

WHAT THE F*** is this?...when a customer goes for a new connection u guys provide it with no problems of photograph being unclear but when a person wants to convert it u harass the customer this way...THIS IS HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL n m sure that such ### executives working at vodafone store have orders of not converting into prepaid n harassing customers..
    me being a businessman am suffering from lot of inconveniences because of all dis...
    I Hope that vodafone people look into it or else i wiill be forced to port my number intO AIRTEL n wud also urge my family n freinds to port out oF vodafone
    hoping for a quick solution
    GAURAV NARYANI([protected])

• Gr
    Grikove Jun 20, 2016

Vodafone telecom service is very bad and keeps cutting my talktime for no reason. i hate their customer care service also as their networks are forever busy and you can never speak to the executives.they do not care for customers at all and are busy minting money by way of cheating the customers. i have never seen bigger frauds than vodafone. please do something or else i have to change to airtel or some other service provider.

• Am
    Amr Ahmed Roushdy Jun 03, 2016

My complaint is theat i was treated very impolitely inside El Mercato branch in thee 28the of Jan.2012, it started in 11/2009 my 3G I-phone (S.N. is linked to my # [protected]) had a stuck SIM"drawer" cannot get out of thee phone so I delivered it as it is to thee branch, after 3 monthes theey asked me to go & receive it I found theat one of your staff removed thee "drawer" out of its slot & I have to pay 2000LE for replacing thee old withe a new one, as I had a discount & a lot of points I preferred to purchase a new 3GS withe 2200 LE instead, thee story took long time for thee old 3G but no use till Feb. 2011.

lately I met Mr. Tamer & theen Mr. Hisham thee branch mgr. asking about my case & theat my line was disconnected & I want to return it back & he promised in a very good behavior theat soon it will be solved paying thee delayed bill (1000 LE) plus getting back my mobile, but along thee last 6 monthes I received no practical answer.

Yesterday, I went to El Merkato branch & asked Mr. Hisham theat I was calling him witheout an answer & instead of receiving any apology he accused me theat I never called him, so I cut it short & asked about my case, he said aggressively"ما لكش حاجة عندنا", I said "معنى كلامك يا اما انا باتبلى عليكم يا اما انتوا بتنصبوا عليا" he said"يا حبيبي انا بأولك ما لكش حاجة عندنا و خلاص" i said "احنا مش أصحاب علشان تقوللى يا حبيبي و ده مش الرد الرسمي على (customer)"he stood up and shouted " ده شرف ليك انى اقولك يا حبيبي و يا مستر كاستومر انا بأولك ما لكش حاجة و اتفضل اطلع برة"

• Ka
    Kareena Mehta Jun 28, 2015

I bought a new Vodafone prepaid number: [protected] on Saturday, 20th June from a nearby dealer for Rs. 180. As my phone required a nano sim, the shopkeeper offered to cut it into the required size. I was told that my number would be activated on Tuesday. By Wednesday when I realized that my phone was not connecting to the network, I started to call the customer care. I called four times and out of them three times they hung up on me after keeping me on hold. They told me to call from an alternate number for verification, call another helpline and all sorts of other stupidities which led up to nothing. Finally, I decided to visit the Vodafone Gallery. The personnel there told me that it was my fault for having the SIM cut up (Then why exactly do they authorize dealers to do it?) and have to get a replacement. Apparently the documents I had taken with me were not up to the mark ( Which I later concluded was entire nonsense ). The second time I visited the place (Which was yesterday), they replaced my SIM and told me that it did not have the 'First Recharge' done. Apparently I had to go to my original dealer and get it done. Since I was already quite far and the gallery was nearing its closing time, I paid the fellows a total of Rs 206 to do the first recharge themselves. They reassured me that the phone would be activated within two hours. One of the employees there by the name of Mishant who gave his number to us, to call in case of any discrepancies. He did not pick up during his office hours and switched off his phone after hours. Today, the network has still not come. After calling the customer care again for the nth time, those useless people are only fit for saying "Thank You'' and "Sorry". They are again harassing us in an continuous circle of calling endless helplines and putting us on hold. We have got three vodafone numbers in our house, and seeing the poor services and response, WE WILL SURRENDER THEM BY TOMORROW. Please reimburse us and return the money we have floundered on your company. I will put this shameful story in the newspaper and bring this out for everyone to see.

manoj vashisht Dec 27, 2014

my phone is [protected]. i have cancelled this number on 15 September 2014. i have deposited the sim card and the bill amount of Rs 720-/- till that date at the Vodafone care store at VF STORE SOUTH EXTENSION .and my bill receipt no is DEL071C140915_8290397 .the payment was done by cash .but now i am being disturbed by the vodafone company again and again saying that you have to go to vodafone store and again pay the amount for canalization of the number and they have again send me a new vodafone bill of Rs 1237.74-/- the are again and again disturbing me for the same . Manoj vashisht
    [protected]

• As
    ashok yavle Aug 07, 2014

I had complain many times but once again i would like to complain that there is very weak signal at sector 25 nerul navi mumbai and sector 18 nerul navimumbai.Please see into the matter or else we all will have to divert to other company.thnks

• Pr
    pramod vodafone Jan 04, 2014

i want to change my 3G plan of internet to 2G plan with 99 rs. monthly plan

• Ve
    Vel India Dec 09, 2013

Hello Shakir Beg,

We are working on your concern with network. We will get back to you with an update in 7 working days.

Shakir Beg Nov 30, 2013

I am using Vodafone Mobile services since about last 3 months. I am facing voice echoes problem from last one month at my residence.
    Problem: I could not talk to any one from my vodafone no. ([protected]), i have repeat my sentences so that i get heard and vice-versa. I have already contacted the customer support and complained many times but there seems to be no resolution. They replied, we could not do anything.
    Also, yesterday I talked to Noida Nodal officer but they also replied the same answer. I am very much stuck from vodafone service.There is no one who can solve my problem.
    I heard about vodafone service i.e. it is great but I have very bad experience with vodafone service.
    It would be great if you take any action and solve my problem ASAP.

Shakir Beg
    Mob: +91 [protected]
    Alternate No. +91 [protected]
    Residence Address: P 86 & 87, 2nd Floor, Gali No. 4,
    Batla House, jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi -110025, India

• Wi
    Willsie Oct 17, 2013

I have an issue with Vodafone. I have a business account and at times had up to 20 different numbers with them. Over time this has been reduced and we sent emails to our account manager to cancel contracts and these were acknowledged and agreed.

Like many people, we were pushed into going onto electronic invoices some time ago and they don't even send an email with the statements, you need to login and view them. And the system is cumbersome to use.

We were doing a review in the last few days of the current numbers on the account due to a fraud on one number and in looking at bills (we had to request for Vodafone to send these to us), noticed several numbers that we had requested to be cancelled were still active.

The first was agreed to be cancelled in September 2011 and we had an email from the Vodafone account manager acknowledging this was to be cancelled. It was not! They have continued charging £15 plus VAT a month for over 2 years.

The second was to be cancelled in April 2012 and again, was acknowledged by the Vodafone account manager . They continued charging £35 plus VAT per month for the last 18 months.

I spent a lot of time in the last few days going through old emails and communications to prove that we had cancelled the numbers and presented these to our account manager.

Today she wrote back to say "I have looked at the emails you have sent over and spoken at length to our customer relations team, as a result we will offer a goodwill credit of £90 + VAT. Which is the equivalent to 6 months line rental, the reason for this amount is you also have a responsibility to check your invoices each month. I have requested the credit and it will be applied to your account in the next 2 working days."

The same on the second number "The same as above with the credit being £210+VAT."

Extraordinary.

It is absolutely black and white that they agreed to cancel the numbers and did not. Yet they are attempting to turn this around onto us and say you should check your bills. Outrageous!

We have been spending on average £1500 a month or more for many years and this is how loyalty is rewarded. Incredible.

Also, it is not like we have had a lot for our money. We rarely if ever used our hardware fund etc.

I am outraged at how we are being treated. Vodafone just don't give a damn and I read similar stories on here and other places so this is not an isolated incident.

I don't know what we can do but I will be making all efforts to publicise how Vodafone have treated us. And of course looking to move all our business as Vodafone don't deserve it.

RGW

• Ip
    i p khanna Oct 11, 2013

I am an old customer of vodafone postpaid scheme. Last month I have received Bill No.[protected] dated 15.09.2013 for Rs.455.15 which includes Rs.353.40 for GPRS which Ihave not used. I had already complained on 20.09.2013, 28, 09.2013 and 01.10.2013 ( last complaint no.
    [protected] ) and Iwas assured that the amount of Rs.353.40 will be waived but till date I have not received any reply. I have already paid the full amount as advised by you over phone that the amount of Rs.353.40 will be adjusted in the future bills. Please waive the amount of Rs.353.40 wrongly charged and advise me at the earliest as the matter is already delayed at your end.
    I.P.Khanna
    Mob. No.[protected]

• Su
    sunny sanmukhani Oct 11, 2013

Pleace send my wining prize my mobile no is +[protected]

gauravmardia Oct 10, 2013

Dear Rajashree,

Thanks for your mail. I regret to inform you though, the 30% discount offered is rather insulting to me. I am not asking for discount. I am asking to revoke the false charges altogether!!!
    I have been using the service for close to 15 years now and have contributed to huge revenue on Vodafones part.

I have been cheated and taken advantage of for being an old customer.
    Over the past 2-3 years, I have been using yearly internet plan and pay for it annually also. Suddenly one fine day Vodafone decides to disconnect my yearly subscription and switch me over to open usage rates when I have not even asked for it. I have not been informed or taken authorization for disconnection of yearly plan or activation of full rate usage.
    You can see in the account details that I have been using data services for the last few years, yet your representatives insist that there was and is no data plan active on my number. I find this highly questionable and dishonest.

I am really shocked and appalled by the business ethics employed by a supposedly consumer driven company.

Once again, I will not be held responsible for your internal miscommunication and dishonest methods.

I am attaching the mail I sent to you and a few other consumer protection organizations.

I really do not wish to waste any more time on this issue since it has already been pending for almost 2 months now. I hope you do not force me to consult my legal department or escalate the issue on social media sites and gather more vodafone consumers who have been duped and cheated in a similar way.

I hope you can reverse the fraudulent charges immediately and restore my phone services to its usual setting.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Mardia.

Dear Sir,

I regret to let you know that I am suffering from the worst kind of customer service from Vodafone than I've ever experienced in my life.

The charges mentioned on my account are fraudulent and false and I will not be liable to pay for Vodafones errors/mistakes/frauds.
    Relationship No- 1.5011367
    Mobile No- [protected]

I have called my relationship manager more than 15 times and with no resolution of the problem. Every time I am assured that I will receive a call 'within 24 hours" and till date I am still to receive any calls from Vodafone.

I have been falsely charged the amount of Rs. 7538.97, which has now increased even more with your fraudulent charges; under the pretext that I had called up vodafone 6 months in advance and asked for deactivation of my internet plan 6 months into the future and apparently Vodafone took my request for 6 months in the future. This is the kind of unbelievable lies I was told by the representative. Shocking as it sounds, it is complete lies.

On calling again, I was told a different story that there was some technical error on vodafone side and they messed up the data account and did not switch me over to the plan renewal and instead decided without my knowledge or permission to deactivate my currently used data plan and charge me full data rates without any plan.

It has now been over a month and several calls from my side with no resolution. As frustrating and appalling as Vodafone has made the situation, I would like a final resolution of the problem or a switchover to another service provider.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Mardia.

• vodafoneindia Sep 05, 2013

Hello Abhishek,

We called on your number but there was no response. Please be informed that Vodafone Mobile Connect 99 offers 1Gb free data surfing for one bill cycle. Post free usage, charges are at 10p/10KB for any extra data surfing on 2G network. Hence, you have been charged accurately as per the usage done. Therefore, the charges are valid and we regret our inability to reverse the same.

• Ab
    Abhishek Ranjan Sep 03, 2013

I am a regular average billing customer of vodafone and my max. billing per month is around 400/- max.
    This Month, Aug'13 I got a shock when my bill stated an amount of Rs.9300/- pending to be paid.
    When I checked with Vodafone, I was told that my usage has gone above the specified limit of 1GB which is not at all possible.
    With an extreme slow speed of Vodafone 2G Internet, how can anyone go beyond 1 GB, I totally dont understand.
    I have my Mobile inbuilt tracking software which I use everymonth to track my usage and it says a usage of 533MB this month.
    Now please help me in this, as I won't pay an extreme amount of Rs.10000 that too for 1 month bill and when I have not at all used this much. Logically think of this.. who can use a Rs.10000 2G internet service in one month..!!!

• vodafoneindia Aug 16, 2013

Hello Suresh,

We confirm that the charges deducted towards the services activated, have been credited in your prepaid account on 13/8/13.

• Su
    Suresh nagothkar Aug 12, 2013

Dear sir,
    my no. Is [protected]
    yesterday i had recharge of Rs.140 & today at afternoon time i received a call from costemer care for Rs.105 's service of free calling minutes.
    and before i say something (yes/no) about the offer. The call was disconnected unfortunately.
    and now that service is activated by c-care without my permission. I dont need that service so please deactivate service on my no. [protected].

• vodafoneindia Apr 25, 2013

Hello Varun Kumar,

Please help us with your contact number at http://bit.ly/14RG9Iv and we will get back to you with assistance at the earliest.

• Va
    Varun Kumar Narava Apr 23, 2013

I am the Post paid user to the Vodafone Mobile Network, my monthly plan is 199Rs and i activated 50 Rs Internet Package and max my monthly bill is 400 to 500.
    But now that internet package will charge as per the charges per 10Kb (approx 6000Rs) for entire month at the end of the month offers and rentals all deducted any bill will generate approx 400 to 500, but in the middle of the month net usage bill will calculated as per 10KB Charges so that credit limit may cross so they saying that i need to payy total ammount upto credit limit approx 1700 but end of the month bill approx 400 to 500, they disconnected my service.

• vodafoneindia Feb 26, 2013

Hello Shabab CK,

Kindly share your current and alternate contact numbers at http://bit.ly/13jJtKC so that we can address your concern soon.

Shabab CK Feb 11, 2013

My case with vodafone probably illustrates how bad this company takes care of it customers. Though their motto is happy to help, they are incompetent to address simplest of simplest tasks. You will be surprised to know that my request is only to update my email address and I have been trying to get this accomplished since the last couple of months. Now here is the background to the story.

With great difficulty, with lot of followups, with lot of tension and with lot of false promises I managed to get my micro SIM with vodafone got activated. The persons who are selling these cards are very un-professional and they did not take all my details or did not update my details or whatever, my mail id was missing from their system. Now this is a microsim which cannot be used on all phones and moreover I am going to use this in my iPAD only for the purpose of using 3G data services. I cannot send/receive calls or sms via this number as it is inside my iPad. Now, as a responsible consumer I am supposed to pay the monthly bills and the easiest way for me is paying via the internet and when I went to register my number at their website, that is when I realised that my email address is missing in their records. Now I have two options in the site, I can get my registration done and receive the password via
    1. email - my id is missing here
    2. sms - it can't receive sms on this number, coz its in ipad

now below is what I did

1. Called up customer care number to update the email address - they said they do not have rights to do this and you need to visit their ### store (which they call as vodafone store or something)

2. Visited such a ### store in gachibowli and there was couple of ugly looking guys. One of them asked the other one casually, "do we do email updations ?" (remember the govt offices. something in that tone). the other one replied "ya ya may be we can" something in that tone. And can you believe me, he asked me to write down the email address on a piece of paper and he asked me to handover to him and he said he will update the record. I stayed back for some more time, as I was sure that anyone with his attitude and looks would forget to update it. So I told him, two three times not to forget to update the records.

Till now that record is not updated - He might have dumped that piece of paper in the trash can. And they say, they are happy to help ?

3. Since, every time the registration was failing saying that your email id is not registered, I called up the Happy to help IVR and explained the whole scene, he was very apologetic and I was happy that there is someone who is at least willing to listen and ready to help . He said I will get the issue escalated and I told him that you guys won't be able to reach me coz, you won't be able to call on this number and you will have tough time tracking me. So I gave him my alternate number and requested him to write it clearly in the ticket to use this number to solve my problem. Now see, I am helping them here so that they can reach me and get money from me, and can you believe the buggers are not bothered. Never heard anything from them

4. Now I wrote to the [email protected] or whatever their email address is. After one week I got a mail saying that we are unable to read your mail. One word to describe - pathetic.

5. Managed to get my friend's iphone for few mins to send an sms to update the email address (I do not have any phone which can have a micro sim). SMS sent and nothing happened.

Now I do not get any bills, no emails, no calls . Until today when there was money due from me. They digged the whole world and from somewhere found out my alternate number (obviously from my complaint earlier. They slept over the issue but used that ticket to track my alternate number ). One lady who was sounding like she hasn't had food for days called up saying that this is a confirmation call for your number. I couldn't control my laughter, confirmation call for the number which is activated two months ago ? where were you all these times when I was trying to help you with my details and now how come you are active ? You want my money ??? Now, the lady went back and forth couple of times - sometimes not even informing me that I am being put on hold. As I was shouting at high pitch and just to pacify me, she took my email address and gave one more (potential)false promise that she will update my record with the correct mail address.

Just checked to register again at the site, and you might have guessed the result by this time. The story continues ...

Shailendra RRB Feb 04, 2013

I am also voda customer. His services is very poor.
    his administrative officers is very lazy & behave like 4th class employee of vodafone.
    Shailendra

• Ra
    Rajib Sinha Jan 16, 2013

Dear TOI,

This is to bring to your notice the various methods Vodafone is using to fleece the customers...below is the trail mail below written to Vodafone and these are one of the many which I have written to them. the below mail explains all.

Dear Vodafone,

This is to put in record that i had to pay this amount after extreme harassment from Vodafone.The cheque no is 944393, from OBC and the amount as settled is Rs.12321/- as confirmed by you. The number [protected] was stopped without any notice / warning and till now it has not resumed services even though it was promised that it would be up and running in the next half an hour.
    Being in the service industry, I have lost quite a few important meeting schedule for which i am sure Vodafone is not concerned anymore/ anytime.

What is agonizing that being a loyal customer ..first you are not heard, then your harassed, then you are arm twisted to make the payments with no fault of yours.

Although I have made the payment under extreme duress, i am very very disappointed with the services meted out to me.

1) Wrong information about the internet usage plan.
    2) Bill not received after 4 months
    3) Irregular services
    4) Wrong name mentioned on the bill (although given a valid address proof other wise how could you have given the connections)
    5) Wrong email id mentioned in the bill ( although bill given for support)

Which you have acknowledged that its a mistake from the field officer of Vodafone.

But as a loyal customer to Vodafone, made the payments inspite of no mistake of mine as the trail mail also explains in detail.

However to put the records straight, please be informed that in this way you have not only lost one customer but 4 customers in a single day as a family we are using Vodafone, which with these nature of services would not be feasible to continue.

Thank you GOI/TRAI...for giving the customer the option to port...anytime they want.

So best of luck and in future I as a customer would take this as a lesson and never promote / loyal to Vodafone in the near future.

So its curtains from my side from all the 4 Vodafone numbers...which are [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected].

Rajib

[protected]

• vodafoneindia Jan 08, 2013

Hello Mathew,

Thank you for writing to us. We are working on your concern and will get back to you with an update in 24 working hours.

• vodafoneindia Jan 08, 2013

Hello Mathew,

Thank you for writing to us. We will get back to you soon with assistance.

Regards,
    Vodafone Customer Care, Karnataka.

• Al
    allenmathew Jan 02, 2013

Hi,
    I am very disappointed by your service,
    As i am using your postpaid connection My no would be [protected],
    As per the communication Had with Mr. Basha([protected]) Sales executive from Vodafone, Koramangala, Bangalore-560095.
    I strictly told to the person before taking the connection i will be using an iPhone & i don't want any Internet to my phone as i would like to make only phone calls only

but later i received a message from vodafone that i has exceeded the CREDIT limit of 1500/- and when i enquired with the customer care i have been charged for INTERNET

Now they are not giving a prompt response to my question
    THEY ARE ASKING TO PAY THE INTERNET CHARGES,
    IF I WANT TO USE THE INTERNET I WOULD MAKE A CHARGE OF 99rs & I WILL USE 1GB OF INTERNET EVERY MONTH

Note:- Even for my second no [protected] i had been charge some what 400rs FOR INTERNET BUT i paid i don't want to wast my time by speaking to the customerr care But one of the person gave me proper response and told that Internet IS active and they DEACTIVATED THE INTERNET

Thanks & Regards
    Mathew
    [protected] / [protected]

• Va
    Vasantbhai Sharma Nov 15, 2012

dear sir
    I have been using vodafone prepaid no [protected] since past more than 5 yrs
    and also i have been using internet 3 g pack.
    till date i have never taken any other sercive except internet pack
    today afternoon i.s. on 15.11.2012 i received a msg saying that all tv channels are now activetd and an amount of Rs;50. from the balance has benn deducated.
    i immediately at 3.15 pm called 111 and told them my complaint the person said to keep the call on hold saying he will talk to his seniour and kept me waiting for 16.27 mnts and the call was disconnected and agai8n i called your [protected] and sope to some gentle man Mr Gajanand Sukte, he also kept mke waiting and told me that the tv channels has been acctived by internet, what does this mean the net is also provided by vodafone only and without me asking for any service thy have automatically actived t v sercive and my amount of Rs; 50.00 was deductaed
    with no fault on my side how come a come can deduct amount like this.
    if my said amount of Rs: 50.00 is not credited in my account then i will be constrained to file a legal suit againt the company.
    Hence you are pls requested to credit my amount of Rs;50;00 within span of 3 days or else i will be free to lodge a legal suit againt you..

Comments

anjali gupta Nov 03, 2012

Respected sir,
    i want to deactivate my no of your Vodafone connection.My no is [protected].
    i will be highly obliged for your find consideration.
    Your faithfully
    Vinod Kumar

shalik Oct 29, 2012

hello vodafone, my vodafone no.[protected] i am using this no. since 2009. this month my internet data plan which is expired on 27/10/2012 midnight. on 26/10/2012 i recharged my no.with Rs.100 for main balance at 9:31:50 and TID: DL12498777986 at next day morning 27/10/2012 i lost my all balance without any use i can not make any call or use my packet data. same day i went to vodafone care which is in "cannaught place" new delhi, there i told my balance lost case they check everything, their own records, my phone, everything and realised that my data plan date and volume is not expired and said, we have sent a mail and your balance will credit in 24hrs, which is not credited till 29/10/2012. sir i am very upset about please solve my problem refund my balance,
    thank you.
    from, shalik

gagan garg Jul 22, 2012

hello vodafone m gagan garg nd my no is [protected] mjhe ek complaint krni hai ki jb mene apna no prepaid se postpaid krvaya tha tb mjhe bola gay tha k mjhe koi ek no lifetime free milega jiska koi charge ni hoga lkn mene vo service abhi tk activate ni krvai thi to ab cutomer care vale khte hai k apko ab charge dena pdega no free krvane k liye jb mene no postpaid krvaya tha tb mjhe ye sb inform ni kia gya tha to plzz ap [protected] is no ko free krvaye otherwise mjhe no portability use krni pdegi nd reply me fast

• hello vodafone... M punit... My no is [protected]...Aapke yha s mujhe ek call aayi th std palns k barein mai mujhe btaya gya tha ki 249rs k plan m mujhe 750 std mint denge jo ki nhi diye gye hai maine us plan ke chkr m itne minute baat kri hai... Jo ki ab bill m utne minute ni mile hai, . To ya to aap mujhe 750 std minute provide kriye... Nd mere bill mai adjstment kriye... nhi to mujhe portability krvani pdegi., . mujhe iska jaldi rply kriye, ..

• vodafoneindia Jun 11, 2012

Hello Birendra,

Thanks for writing to us. We called you on the given number, but couldn't get in touch. Please share a convenient time & an alternate contact number here http://tinyurl.com/79emtab for us to get back to you with assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Vodafone Customer Care, Delhi & NCR

• Vo
    vodaonesicko May 17, 2012

HAPPY TO HELP IS A bogus word used by VODAFONE.

Vodafone cheated me on three occasions, Took money, documents and disconnected phone after few days. Their 3G in Karnataka is piggybacked on AIRTEL spectrum. Speed in most part of Bangalore is less than 500 kbps but they are selling their hardware/ services claiming 21.1 mbps.

I do not live in India, but everytime I come take their service or my family member take their service, we end of loosing balance amount. AVOID VODAFONE. They have no ethics to refund money or to adjust. They make you run for documents so many times, still it will not reach to the point where their team disconnects phone.

VODAFONE IS A SCAM. VODAFONE 3G is scam.

• vodafoneindia May 06, 2012

Hello Jatin,

Thanks for writing to us and for your time on the call. Trust we were able to help you with the required info.

Kind Regards,
    Vodafone Customer Care, Delhi & NCR

• De
    deepaa May 02, 2012

hello vodafone this is jatin pathak my add.is 44 nangli razap[ur sarai kale khan nizamuddin new delhi
    mere complaint hai ki aapke costmer care wrong deals karte hai kyu ki mera number pahile prepad me tha jo 27 /04 /2012 se postpad karwaya tha who isliye ki mere number se pahile 7.11 rs per minutes lagta tha jo abhi 11.11 paise padraha hai woho is liye kiya tha ki maine mujse aapke costmer care ne kaha tha ki pospad karwane par mera call rates 3, 11 paise honge jo mujse 11.11 rupaye charge kiya jaraha yeh jo sahi nahi hai please agar waisa hi karna ho to please mera jo prepad tha who hi active kardijiye please aapke costmer care ne mujses kaha tha ki ek number free hoga jo maine number diya tha [protected] jiska charge kiya ja raha hai jo mere soch se galat hai please aap kijiye mera number as a buseness ke taur pe use karta hu agar main change nahin karsakta please kuch kijiye mai bahut paresaan hoon mera number hai [protected] thank you

Anil742094 Apr 27, 2012

TRAI is trying to control the mobile operators in many ways, but it is hard to stop everything in a country where corruption is nationalised. Tired of Airtel once and changed to Vodafone 3 years back and realised they are the big brothers of Airtel !! inflated bills are regular and poor customers has no option besides paying otherwise they will discontinue the services. After keeping a security deposit of INR 3000/- and providing passport copy and necessary document, had a terrible time abroad because of the ignorant customer case service ! can't believe such ### from a international company !! While traveling i contacted their customer care and even nodal officer in Delhi, every time i got contradictory statements and demands, Vodafone is still in 18th century !!! Please think twice before you choose Vodafone.