Vitacost.comPlease put the s back in customer service!

M Jun 18, 2021

Oh where do I start?!? I have been a customer of Vitacost for the past 5+ years, trying to order from other retailers outside of Amazon. On 5-11-21 I place my usual order for items I needed, roughly $78 worth of goods. On 5-12-21 my items were shipped. On 5-15-21 the package was sent back to Vitacost due too damage caused by FedEx. On 5-19-21 at 0957 I get my first email from Trina at vitacost acknowledging the damaged package and that all items I had ordered were out of stock and I would get a refund. Then at 1028 on 5-19-21 I get another email stating all the items that I ordered have been re-ordered and would be shipping in 1-3 days. Then at 1117 on 5-19-21 I recieve a 3rd email informing me that one of the items were out of stock and would be removed from my order and that I wouldn't be charged for it. On 5-21-21 my second shipment. On 5-26-21 the day my package was to arrive, I checked the Fedex tracking to notice yet again that my package had sustained damage and had to be returned to Vitacost, at which point I contacted Vitacost customer support to let them know the 2nd package was also damaged, in hopes they would send a replacement out much sooner than waiting for the damaged package to return before sending out. It took Vitacost customer service until JUNE FIRST to respond to me with a canned response from Jamie that I would be getting a refund in 2 business days, nothing else. What does this mean?? That Vitacost blames me for the poor packaging and or the shipping practices? They no longer value me as a customer? I have not a clue.. So I ordered from Amazon and got my order in 2 days.

• Ab
    Abused by Vitacost Oct 22, 2021

The problem with ordering supplements with Amazon is they are expired when they arrive. Amazon's warehouses are NOT cooled. They have locations in everywhere even in desert towns. When it's 107F in summer, or even a 120F heat wave, add some 10-20 degrees extra for the weather in hot warehouses and non-a/c'd delivery vehicles and that is where your no-preservative pills and organic foods are stored. Do you really think, even if they do not look caked on or smell when you receive them, that they are full potency?

Does your driver arrive at 9:00AM on a heat wave day or do they deliver by 5pm? That's how long your pills further travel in a heat wave. I have received rancid oils even in JUNE when it is mild out . If you order natural supplements from Amz and they do not work or cause you harm, that's why! Just do a search for spoiled or expired pills/sups/caps or rancid oils shipped by Amazon!

Amz needs a class ac lawsuit to install a/c at all their warehouses, and ship with a/c too! And no, paying for a cold pack won't do anything when your pills you buy in Sept, Oct or Nov sat JUne, July, Aug in a 120F warehouse! They ship expired already, regardless if your date of exp is 3 years off.