Having problems with Vitacost.com?

5400 Broken Sound Blvd., NW, № 500
Sat9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved misleading &coupon& offer

Ordered vitamins online. At the end, when the invoice page came up, a pop-up window appeared, offering $10...

Resolved unrecieved product

i ordered a couple bottles of vitamins from this suposed supplier, was charged the whole amount including the $9 rush shipping and it's been three weeks and still haven't recieved my order. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS SUPPLIER!!!

• JustSayNo Jun 11, 2009

I've ordered from VitaCost over 5 times. Never had a problem.

• Ju
    junk100 Oct 08, 2010

I've ordered from VCIVitacost once, and that was my last. VCIVitacost canceled my order due to item unavailable, which isn't an issue. I can order it somewhere else. not a problem.
    The problem lies with their refund process. I used PayPal and PayPal has my transaction as 'pending'. I called VCIVitacost, they said they will not charge me, but my money has been processed from PayPal to them. VCIVitacost can simply decline my transaction, but they didnt. Or at least VCIVitacost say's they've already 'canceled' the transaction.
    So, is paypal or VCIVitacost the problem? Well, ive used paypal many times, and i never had a problem like this before... making me come to a conclusion that VCIVitacost is the one who is holding my money. Because VCIVitacost can decline Paypal's transaction, but they DID NOT!
    I think I will eventually receive my money once the pending period is invalid... this means it will take me 2 months before i get my money back. VCIVitacost needs to train their staff, update their software or have better communication between PayPal. Else, dont use PayPal if you dont know how to issue a refund.

• Ho
    holistic chick Aug 19, 2016

For the last 4 or 5 orders, Vitacost's shipping practices have been the worst. Products to be shipped out in "24 hours" were not. When I inquired, they "don't know why" is the answer I get...if they don't know, who should??!!! Products stated to be in stock when ordering are suddenly on back order. Shipping that goes from UPS to USPS and takes 11 days to arrive. Orders that sit in warehouses somewhere between their point of shipment and the destination. I could go on...What used to be a fantastic company is now merely mediocre at best.

overnight shipping takes 2 weeks!

My order was supposed to ship “overnight.” The only problem is, the items took 2 weeks to ship to me! I called customer support and explained to them that I paid $12.00 for overnight shipping to ensure my products reach me before I go out of town for four days. No one really knew what they were doing and when I sent the company an e-mail requesting the shipping charges be refunded (as they were false to begin with...overnight shipping! What a joke! It took 2 weeks to get to me!!!) but no one ever returned my e-mail. There were also several times that I had to wait over 25 minutes till a customer service rep assisted me on the phone. I will not be ordering from this company ever again!!! What a hassle just to get a few bottles of vitamins.

• Ar
    artgirl 1 Jan 02, 2012

i am surprised by all these negative comments, i have never had a problem with vita cost, i receive my order within a few days and one time a bottle was broken, i called and they replaced it immediately.

Resolved bad business practice

I purchased vitamins from Vitacom for two years. They delivered appropriately

Then I took advantage of a $10 discount offered on the website. To do so I had to enter my email address twice, credit card numbers and etcetera. That seemed innocuous for they already had that information from my previous orders.

One day a couple of months ago I noticed a $14.88 charge on my credit card. I did not recognize the company name and resolved to keep aware of that charge next month. It appeared again, and I checked back for several months. The charge appeared EIGHT times.

I called my bank to stop that charge agency - but they were unable to do that. I disputed the charge, and the cost that is about $30.00

I called ShoppingEssentials, the agency who actually billed my account for Vitacost. They were kind but were able to credit me for two of the charges.

I consider this process orginating in the Vitacost website to border on fraud, misleading, and a simply nasty method to suck in unsuspecting customers for a series of monthly charges. Most of them, just like me, will not notice the deductions promptly, if ever.

The process is indicative of a management that either does not know what is going on, who does not attend to business ethics, or who intentionally defrauds unsuspecting customers.

• Φ≥≤Φ Feb 05, 2009

I have found the same rewccuring $14.88 on my statement six times so far, originating from a GlucoControl purchase.
    The deal was supposed to be a $10.00 one time fee. This can only be intetional FRAUD!!

• Φ≥≤Φ Feb 05, 2009

that guy cant spell for [email protected]@# ... oh yea thats me

Joe Doe number 1 Jan 19, 2011

Agree with other writers -- vitacost is spam -- they try to look like a large retailer but 30 days after my order I was learnt it was not proceed because "Amy had broken leg and went to hospital and your order was not proceed". Now, we all humans and I feel bad about Amy, but lets be realistic here!

I told them cancel my order and I wont use them anymore. They said: "fine!". It was astonishing how easy they drop a customer.

Oh -- btw: I havent forgot to tweet to my 13, 000 followers (on multiple occasions) NOT to use vitacost EVER.

case closed.

• Tr
    Tracker1 Nov 13, 2011

I would also like to warn potential customers of this company to watch out for malicious cookies that Vitacost puts into your computer. Check this out for yourself by clearing all cookies from your browser before going online with them or (most ironically) by sending them feedback/complaints, etc. on their website contact form. Then check out all of the cookies that are now in your cookies file.
    Also see this complaint: http://www.epinions.com/content_370138320516
    I wonder if the State Attorneys General look at these complaints??

Resolved check the product carefully

In the past 8 months or so, i have had a few problems with vitacost, namely a line of products they sell called nsi, which is nutraceutical sciences, inc.

I ordered a bottle of flora-glo lutein which did not have the shrink wrap on it, which is the plastic wrap you see on almost everything. The bottle specifically stated that if the shrink wrap is not intact, do not take it. So i called vitacost, & asked for another bottle & they sent another bottle "without the shrink wrap". I had to call again & asked for a supervisor, who checked the inventory & said none of them had shrink wrap. I asked her if maybe she should remove them from the shelves & she said "i suppose so."

Another incident involved "nsi liquid l-carnitine with raspberry flavoring". I had been taking this for about a year & knew how it tasted, so when i received a bottle that tasted very different, i called & they sent me another bottle exactly the same. I called again & asked for a different lot # to be sent, but lo & behold! I got the same lot # & the same awful tasting product.

Be very, very careful of this line of products. They could spell danger. I warn you to check the bottles carefully for any type of tampering or shrink wrap that is supposed to be there & isn't, & anything that doesn't taste right. This warning goes for any product from any company.

• Pl
    plasmarules Feb 28, 2011

This is good advice - I received L-Glutamine with an open top (NSI brand) and had it replaced. Sure it's probably not Anthrax powder, lol, but I'm not taking any chances.
    The site itself still has great pricing and great shipping and I continue to order products from Vitacost including liquid options whenever possible to avoid all the magnesium stearate, gelatin, etc.

Resolved does not ship in 24 hours

I placed an order with Vitacost.com on Feb 04, 2008. I called many times and was told that my order was in the warehouse and ready to ship. On Feb 12, I finally was allowed to talk to a supervisor. He told me that there was nothing wrong with my order and that it would ship that day via UPS 2nd day air. I found out that my order shipped via UPS ground and that it would not be delivered until Feb 19. I called and talked to a very nice supervisor who agreed to call back the shipment in transit.

Vitacost's website states a 'ship in 24 hour' policy. I would say that an order placed on Feb 04 and shipping of that order on Feb 13 does not meet that 24 hour ship goal.

• Jb
    JB Sonders Jun 03, 2008

I also placed an order, after 3 days waiting for item to ship, I sent several email inquiries, all were ignored. I thought their prices were a little too good, but it seems I got NOTHING for my money. Good thing I paid with PayPal, now I have to fet a refund.

• Bh
    bh casper Nov 22, 2008

I've placed an on-line order and received an on-line confirmation when i clicked to finalize. There was no e-mail confirmation which they stated would come shortly. I phoned their toll-free number the following
    business day and complained. A rude customer service rep. told me that my order had to go to the manager for approval. I'm the paying customer and I was treated so disrespectfully. Plus, i forgot to mention
    the real humdinger. when i was signing in with my e-mail their
    internet site told me they had no record of my e-mail account. i've orderd from them lots of times.
    They are unethical and lie. with millions of customers, purportedl, y they don't give a hoot!

The excuse I got from the nasty rep. was that they are being careful of credit card fraud. They are the ones lacking integrity!

In truth, they don't have certain items in and they are the fraudlulent
    culpruts. We were also charged falsely for items that weren't orded.
    Sometimes the credit card has been charged multiple times and I had to fight with them to credit me back.
    I will no longer order from them, as, there are ethical
    companies out there. My lawyer has sent them a letter and I've put complaints in.

• Al
    Alexmq Nov 19, 2009

This company may be the worst in terms of guarantee of service and cohesive followup of any company I have placed an order with.

The communication is ridiculously poor: I have spent days trying to get through by telephone just to have the calls dropped or to get busy signals over 48-hour periods, and never had an email answered. I tried chat as a last resort and was never greeted and five different agents left the "conversation" before anyone responded. It was chaos. After the poor service was blamed on a number of reasons, the conversation was ended by the agent with no explanation. I have had orders held for over a month with no explanation and no answers provided.

Their selection of items is fantastic, but they are truly the worst company I have dealt with and I do over 300 online purchases per year. They do make just about anyone from the utility company to any online store look phenomenal however!

I'm unclear as to how they're continuing to operate like this without any consumer agency intervening.