Visible Changescustomer service call

V

Date of incident - 5-14-16 Telephone call regarding niece's hair apt for prom.
I have been coming to VC since I was 13 years old. I scheduled my nieces hair appointment for prom for this past Saturday, May 14, 2016 and called to give my credit card over the phone due to me working. I was initially going to meet my niece at her appointment and pay for her but due to the fact I had to work that was not possible. I've gone to Veronica (Ronnie) Alonzo who use to be at Northwest Mall but is now at the Galleria since I was about 14 years old. I last seen her in January for a haircut. I called to speak with the front desk to see if they can take my credit card for payment over the phone (I initially was under the impression I could do this from the start) but the person said they will ask their manager and immediately came back to the phone and said no. I then asked to speak to the manager which by then I was upset. I explained why I could not go and would like to pay for my niece's hair style over the phone and he was not friendly. I can understand if he was busy but it was only 10:30 am. I have been in the retail business for over 25 years so I understand good customer service which I did not receive. He said he would have to verify that I was a customer to the store and put me on hold. He then came back and said I have not been there since 2014. I explained to him that I go to the Galleria and asked if I would like him to verify that. He took my number and called me back and said I have not been there since Jan 2016. That is barely 3 months and we all get our haircut every 3 to 4 months and still would not take my cc over the phone. I was very angry and said a cuss word and hung up. I will never do business or give my business to the Visible Changes (Memorial City) ever. It was very embarrassing and my niece had to have a friend curl her hair for prom. I usually don't make complaints but this is how upset I am. If you have people that work for you - they should go above and beyond for their customer. It would of probably been a $40.00 service because she was only getting a few curls in her hair (not an updo). Thank you for your time.

Vanessa Chavez