Virgin Mobiletotal rip off

D

Does anyone have a class action suit against Virgin Mobile? Or does anyone know how to file one and join me in one? I am so stressed out over trying to deal with their customer service/and supervisors and they are the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Better yet, does anyone work for them? I need a way to contact a corporate officer, i have been hung up on twice asking for a number after 6 phone calls, at least 40 min long each.once I was told that the supervisor was the highest c/s person there, (Rudy) so after i got him on the line i threatened to record him so he hung up. They just want you to give up... WRONG, They wont even give you an employee number or last name of the employees you speak with so you can keep written records, I wonder how many Marks, Jessicas, Josephs, Jennels, Rudys... etc... they have??? They are liars and I want all my records/pulled the times of contact, who i spoke with, the outcomes, etc. Can anyone advise me? please e-mail me my phone number is wrong above... thanks, DEE.

RESOLVED

• Virgin Mobile USA's response · Mar 12, 2009

Hi, I'm with Virgin Mobile USA, Denisse. We're very sorry for your experience and would like to put you directly in touch with a customer care executive. Please send an email to [email protected] with your VM phone number and contact information and put COMPLAINTSBOARD in the subject line. We're not perfect but we will never stop trying. Jayne

• Li
    lilypod Aug 15, 2016

Just got started with Virgin Mobile. Bad, Bad, and Bad. Bought 2 new phones both from Walmart. One WILL NOT RECEIVE calls but works other wise. It has a fifty dollar card newly put on it. The other is the $100. phone which I put on the $49.95 unlimited plan. My understanding was this plan included everything.the way the ad was written on the web page. Bought that plan and the additional web service for $10.00. Thinking we were good to go. Then found out, it does not include text. The wording on the ad for the $49.95 PACKAGE IS MISLEADING. Had I understood that texting was sold as an extra, then I would not have taken this package. They are cons. VERY UNHAPPY WITH VIRGIN MOBILE!!!

Samuraii Aug 15, 2016

They deducted more from my bank account then they should have and they made my account over drawl and the bank has charged me with over $75 in fees.

• Ca
    Candice Levy Aug 15, 2016

I went overseas in September 2011 and just before, i contacted the virgin mobile call centre to activate my roaming. I was told that unless i use calls, sms's or receive calls or sms's outside a WIFI zone, i will not be charged.So i cancelled everything and only used my phone in the hotel(WIFI zone). I was also told id be sent an itemized bill(havnt received anything). On the 1st November 2011, r3447 was taken off my account. I called the call centre and was told by Gerald and various agents, that IF THEY FIND OUT THAT I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG INFO, THEY WILL GIVE THE FULL REFUND BACK and they will pull my voice recirding to see who was right/wrong.. I asked @lebohung Buyana to send me an itemized bill, but didnt but still received nothing. I spoke to Pinky and asked her to send me an itemized bill, but still nothing. I was then told my Pinky on friday that they have lost my recording and i will only be refunded 30% back of what they took. They never get back to me and i get promised that Pinky's superior will get back to me, and he never does. Also. After i lodged this complaint on Hellopeter.com. I received an extremely rude phonecall from Pinky, screaming and shouting at me, telling me thata i have lied to Hellopeter and then proceeding to slam the phone down on me!!! This is how Virgin Mobile SA treats their ''valued'' customer!!!

• Ca
    Candice Levy Aug 15, 2016

I want my full refund back, not 30%

• Gu
    Guy Bubb Aug 15, 2016

This week I tried to apply for vehicle finance only to be told that there is a list on the ITC for late payment on my virgin mobile, I found this very strange as all my accounts run of debit orders and virgin mobile account comes of my virgin money account. The problem is trying to get hold of someone at virgin mobile on there 123 number or any other number on the website. After spending better much of 5 hours trying to get assistance I went to the waterfront store in Cape Town and left it to the sales assistant to try. Even this poor bloke could not get an answer and he has a direct email connection to head office.
    Ones we finally established the problem which was fault of Virgin Mobile not mine they said the person who dealt with this was not there that day and would deal with it the following day, which never happened because no one came back to me or the virgin guy and after trying again all over again a day later still no assistance, I asked if someone could please contact me but still waiting. I have never had a late account or listing on the ITC and now with this listing created by a fault of Virgin Mobile my credit history is affected and yet the company responsible do not have the decency to call and assist with the reversal of this listing which is all due to there incorrect debit system. There help line is a waist of time and when you get through the people you speak to just pass you on to the next person who you also have to hold for and knows even less than the previous person and puts you through to another person or what they call champ but should be called chimps.
    How do I a passed client get assistance from company?

• Jp
    jperson Jul 28, 2016

I have the same type of phone and have had that phone replaced 8 times. Finally someone at Virgin MobileUSA told me they no longer sell this particular phone because it is defective.

• Nd
    ndbutler Jul 28, 2016

I have a Samsung Intercept (basic phone) and my $25 monthly plan has been "grandfathered" in and I continue to pay that amount after the cheapest monthly plan rose $10 in cost. My phone no longer receives text messages.and hasn't for at least ten days. I called customer service eight days after I noticed the problem and was transferred four times and talked to five different troubleshooting specialists. All told me the system was undergoing an upgrade and that they couldn't help me and would have to transfer me yet again. i tried twice, upon request by two troubleshooting specialists, to reset the phone by taking out the battery then putting back in. Didn't work either time. By the 5th agent I was told that my phone would work correctly at 3:56p (or some other really add minute during the 3p hour) the following day. It didn't. After searching the internet for a solution, I've come across a board about 2.5 years old (like I said, the phone is not cutting edge) that says the phone has to be reset by the company. They are obviously not interested in doing that and I don't have the patience to spend another 56 minutes being transferred around a call center. All of this makes me wonder if Virgin wants to force me to purchase another phone, which would immediately trigger an upgrade in monthly fee to $35.

• As
    Ashlen McWhorter Dec 30, 2015

Please let me know if any class action law suit comes about or if any useful contact info arises. I, too, have become entangled in a recent several month long customer service struggle with Virgin Mobile regarding a warranty claim. My Galaxy S3 had a defective charging port that began malfunctioning when I had never dropped the device, forced the plug in the port, or dropped the phone while it was charging. I called in order to receive a replacement device as my S3 was still under warranty. They processed my request and told me that the S3 was not in stock so I needed to call back to check the status of the S3 replacement on Monday. I called back and the device was still not in stock. I was offered a comparable HTC One to use in while I waited for the S3 to come in stock and was sent that device. When I called back yet again according to the Customer Representative's instructions they told me that they could not send me the S3 if I had received an HTC One and was advised to return it immediately if I wanted to S3 replacement. The representative mentioned that they would put in some sort of expedited replacement request so that the manufacturer would send the device as soon as possible. Had I known what I do now, I would have kept that phone despite what the representative said. I sent the HTC back immediately and called as per my instructions to confirm that Virgin Mobile received the HTC device. I received that conformation but was told again that the S3 was not in stock and to call back again next week or the next. I called again later and was told that my warranty expired while I was waiting for a replacement device so there is nothing they can do. I am stuck with my defective phone. They almost refused to refund my $25 replacement processing fee. I went to facebook to complain on the Virgin Mobile USA facebook page and the representative that responded and asked for me to private message her explained that my replacement request had been denied months ago due to screen damage. There was never any screen damage. All anyone has done is apologize and promise that they will train future representatives to speak in less confusing terms about the warranty program. Like the rest of the promises I've heard from them, I do not believe there will be any follow through.

• Lo
    loriky2002 Dec 27, 2015

reported them to the FCC and got a call from head quarters within 2 days. I get the plan with 1500 texts & a week before my month is over I can't text anymore. They claim I've used them all which is a lie. And they have no way for you to check your number of texts used which I think is illegal. Must be bcuz of how quickly they responded after complaint to FCC. I knew by them cutting off texts was a way to get me to buy more for the month or to up my monthly agreement to unlimited everything. Sure enough even the "executive" that called me said to buy the unlimited plan. Complain to the fcc on everything they do!

• Re
    Reviewer37129 Dec 02, 2015

A friend bought me a new cellphone and contract from Virgin Mobile. We were assured that I would keep my old number when my contract ended. I have now been sitting for a week with a new number ([protected]) and none of my clients are able to contact me. I desperately need my old number ([protected]) restored to me but after COUNTLESS faxes, e-mails and phone calls all I get are promises and more promises that it will be done tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes!! Virgin Mobile IS THE WORST!

• Gi
    Gill J Lake Nov 30, 2015

I paid for my service and waited and waited. I backed out of that screen and the prompt said it did not go through, try again. I did and it went through, but I was skeptical and checked my bank account and yes they stole it twice with my permission. Yea, I am inept but then try to talk to someone, sorry pal you get to talk to a computer. so I calls this computer to call the computer and then the computer called me back but pretended to be human being. said I could possibly get my money back in a week or more, but it took a split second to take it. I can't take that kind of frustration so early in the morning, calling a gaddamned computer to be frauded. It is intentional, and a crime because of the intention. Remember, lawyers did this to get to play in court. F! you mere mortals. Corporations are all the same.Let the chop the big corporate heads. Limey, your company stinks. and that waiting music is so obnoxious. Why? - so you get sick and tired of it and hang up = free money and nobody can or will stop them, just like true republican'ts. VW cheated without conscience with software, seems it's a trend.

• Ba
    badbusiness53 Jul 07, 2015

I took my Iphone 5c in for LCD replacement in March. Three months later, I had to take it in again for the same repairs. They had not replaced the screws during the first "repair". Two weeks after the second repair, I had to return for the same repair. They rudely ask me to leave and refuse to give me the name and number of the manager.

• Mr
    Mr m toplis Nov 05, 2014

i would like to request you look at my mobile bill £113 66. i called 789 and was adviced to email you. On 21 oct my husband used my phone to return a call to our son (who as the same initial) but call his own number by mistake. as he was not familier with my phone he did not turn off correctly and i was told it was connected for approx 14 hour to the same number.. if you check my phone records you will see that i have been with virgin x number of years and this as never happened before and, i have never used all my call minutes. This was a genuine mistake.could you please concider if there is any way you can help us to reduce this bill.

Yours sincerly
    Mrs Janet Toplis husband Mr Melvin Toplis
    date 4th nivember

• Lt
    ltcjdc1369 Oct 12, 2014

Lost my cell phone. On live chat with Virgin Mobile, sales associate "Chris" assured me that any of their payLo phones would work with my plan. I received it an tried to activate phone. It would not work with my plan. Had to get tech support to tell me the phones that would work with my plan. Had to pay return shipping charges of $7.05 to sent back their mistake. I am not happy.

chris noce Oct 03, 2014

Had horrible service in sept they are now saying i didnt report which is a lie.i paid $55 for bad service.then on 10/2 even worse my pin wouldnt work to log in and then there site and phones down from 9am tell after 3pm and customer service gave me the run around all day im so upset acted like they would make it right and then insulted me andsaid well we will give you $2 credit its just awful business to treat people this way.then even today just more run around.just wrong

• St
    strawberry147 Sep 29, 2014

I Would like to join a class action re: "unlimited data"...as it is not unlimited. You get throttled over 2.5gb...and it is supposed to be throttled to a 2.5G data stream. But im finding it is still running on a 3G but it shuts off every 10 Seconds or so, making it an inconsistent connection and now the connection times out on webpages, apps, and secured pages. Its a huge hassle. Id be fine with the slower speed IF IT WAS CONSISTENT. I totally understand the argument "you get what you pay for"...but they advertised unlimited and I paid a fair price for my phone and service. I feel they were misleading in their marketing and didnt explain how they planned to throttle connections thoroughly so consumers can make an informed decision.

macshor Jul 22, 2014

i have a virgin mobile account & i put my sim card into an i phone about 3 months ago but without my request i was charged £1 per day for the internet service which i dont need or use, i spoke to Ann at virgin media about this problem & she said i needed to switch off data roaming on the phone & i would no longer be charged, but this did not occur because this charge continued so i phoned virgin on the 22/07/2014 & spoke to wayne in the phillipines & he said he could disable this device & that i would no longer be charged this fee, why wasnt i told this earlier, i am very angry that i was mislead & over charged for over three months & request a refund for the difference, i think that its dissgracefull that i was charged this fee, can somebody contact me to discuss this matter as i am considering legal action against virgin & i am going to cancel all my virgin services.
    ps.i was given a £10 refund on two occasions but this did not cover my losses.

• Sh
    sheshebess Mar 19, 2014

I purchased 2 Top-up cards for a hot spot device that I bought the same night at Walmart. Both products from Virgin Mobile. stated that my area was covered by their service, which it wasn't. I returned the device to Walmart and contacted Virgin Mobile. I was told by an employee of theirs, Cookie, on 12/4/13 that a check would be mailed to compensate me for the cards and that I would receive it within 14 days. She gave me a case # [protected]. I never received anything and have not heard anything since.

• Ba
    bananabean Jan 23, 2014

This company is a joke. I have had this service for not even a year. Since day one, I have had problems with their phones. I have already had 6 replacement phones, promised the last 3 times I was going to get an upgraded phone due to the crappy phones they keep sending me- never happened. I was told I was going to get an upgraded phone comparable to the one I had this last time, 2 days ago, and the order was never put through. Finally, I called to cancel my service instead of paying for it when I couldn't even use my phone, and they offered a 'comparable' replacement. A phone that when bought at retail price was $45!!! Serious??? Wow, Virgin Mobile, just wow. When calling about a problem, and you WILL have a problem with their phones, you get transferred too many times, they all read off of the same index card, and hardly ever get the problem resolved. The cell service itself sucks. Older phones get better service and work faster. Hope this helps atleast one person save their time, effort, and money.

• Mn
    mnrsamuel Dec 04, 2013

Virgin Mobile has to be the worst service provider in the world!!!

For the second time in a year, Virgin Mobile has stopped sending me itemised billing, even though I am charged for this "service".

The reason the gave for the last time for non delivery, was that they lost my email address - even though I am a client of theirs since 1999!!!
    They eventually refunded me for the months that they did not send me the billings statements.

This time around, theyt have not even answered my email letter to them via their "Customer Care" email address!

• Mn
    mnrsamuel Dec 04, 2013

Virgin Mobile sent me an invoice for with an amount owing, and that will be debited against my bank account.
    However, the debit order amount is higher than the said invoice amount.
    It appears as if Virgin Mobile are crooking their books to evade the South African Revenue Services.

I wrote to Virgin Mobile as at 02 October 2013 about this matter.
    Today is 04 December 2013. I have yet to receive a (or any) response from these thieves!

• Ji
    Jitender singh malik Oct 21, 2013

Recharge after 24 rate cuter call not right .l contact 121 and 198 but last 5 days not attend the call and my 200 rupees - only 50 repuees

• Mo
    Monica77 Jul 22, 2013

Went to Wal-Mart to purchase a quick broadband device for laptop at home. Got home was able to create my account after numerous attempts. This should have been my "heads up" that this thing was worthless. The internet did not at all connect that first night. Tried the second night with much surprise, it did not once again. Decided I would return both the device and call Virgin for refund on the $20.00 pre-paid card I bought as well. Keep in mind the device DID NOT connect. Called Virgin was told the refund would be processed and the pre-paid card was DEACTIVATED. Therefore meaning it could not be used any further. Today I call for an update on the status of the refund and low and behold I am told it was denied due to the fact that their computers show that 5MB was used and that exceeds their refund limit of 1MB!!! Not ONCE have I been notified of this until today when I decided to check up on the refund. Their words to me "unfortunately there isn't anything we can do as it is Virgin Mobile's policy". I'm out the $20+ tax I spent to purchase the pre-paid card and they will not even offer some credit or refund, literally NOTHING. Even the customer rep believed that not any of the card was used but they cannot override the computer. I cannot believe that Virgin mobile can basically STEAL YOUR MONEY AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!! THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS AND NOT THE WAY TO RUN A COMPANY!!! OH, and let me not forget that when I log in to my account that I had to create initially they cannot show my usage, hmmm I wonder why...BECAUSE THE DEVICE NEVER CONNECTED BUT YET I EXCEEDED THE LIMIT AND WILL NOT BE RECEIVING A REFUND, CREDIT, NOR ANY TYPE OF RESOLUTION.

• Li
    Lilly and Sophie Jul 05, 2013

Being a valued customer of Virgin and paying in access of 200.00 per month for all the services i have with them they then write to me to put up my mobile contract which i am tied into for a fixed term, by inflation rate of 2.9% on 3 phones i have with them, the current inflation rate is 2.7% and I was advised from a lady at Virgin that if the inflation rate is less than what they are putting their tariffs up by than i can cancel without being penalized - I HAVE NOW TRIED TO CANCEL MY 3 CONTRACTS WITH VIRGIN SAYING THEY HAD BROKEN THEIR CONTRACT WITH ME AND THEY SAID I CANT DO THAT - PLEASE HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THESE LETTERS AND IF SO CAN THEY DO THIS AND HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH IT - ALSO THEY CANT GIVE THEIR LAST NAMES OUT, THEY CANT GIVE ANY EMAIL ADDRESS OUT OF MANAGERS, THEY HAVE NO DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBERS - WHAT THE HELL AM I PAYING FOR AS THIS IS DISGRACEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICES - I HAVE THE CEO OF VIRGIN WHO'S NAME IS TOM MOCKERIDGE - A FEW LETTERS MAY NOT GO A MISS IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AT Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9EB

Jack424 Jun 17, 2013

I changed handsets this weekend then they changed my phone number without my permission! Then they acted like I did it...!!! I was hung up on twice.

Comments

johan vorster May 05, 2013

I cancelled my 3 daughter's contracts after maturity and still got debited for the accounts after cancellation. I have 3 reference nr's as proof. I send back the debit order and Virgin mobile cancelled my services. It took several calls, e-mails and complaints on their website to finally get the cancellations accepted. One of the operators told me that she could see that the contracts were cancelled but the cancellations were never input in the system.
    My current contract matures 07/05/2013 and I tried several times to call 129 to cancel my contract after maturity. I also send mails and finally got feedback on Friday 03/05/2013. Virgin Mobile has cancelled my services yesterday 04/05/2013, 3 days before maturity.

• Tt
    T Tony Mar 27, 2013

Do not get a Virgin Mobile phone. They have no real customer service. It takes a very long time to get passed the all of the computer generated questions before you get someone and all they say is they are sorry. I have the same complaint as many other the caller ID on my phone is not my name. For 8 months I have heard how sorry they are for "my problem"... Do yourself a big favor and stay away from this company that has almost as many complaints as they have customers.

• Em
    emora Feb 18, 2013

I was just notified that I may be able to get a replacement.

• Em
    emora Feb 16, 2013

I got a replacement phone. It had keypad issues. Virgin Mobil claimed there was no replacement in that model. I continued to contact them. They gave me the runaround until the warranty expired. Now they are encouraging me to buy a new phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! The have the worst customer service.

• Vi
    Virgin phone issue Jan 28, 2013

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy 11 on 15th April 2012. with in the first couple of weeks I could not access the net I went back to the shop and they said just take out the battery and re set. I had couple of weeks then nothing, continually went back to the store and the same thing kept happening. I was told there were numbers missing out of some section on the phone, the store attend went through the phone and again it seemed to correct issues. Not for long, went back to the store got told cant help. Called on ling help, again got told take out battery and it will fix the problem, again it worked for a few weeks then nothing. At one point I could not even receive phone calls all went straight to message back (the phone did not ring). in frustration went back to the store, got told that the problem could be because I had an old phone. I was not happy with this comment. The attendant explained that phones are made but can sit in a ware house for up to 18 months. This to me said that I was sold goods under false pretence. The shop assistant told me to go home hook my phone up to the internet and re boot. This will give me all the new information I would need for my phone to work correctly. This I did. Funny enough it seemed to work - for a while then nothing. I called the help desk and asked for a new phone. Got told no just call help line they would re boot and fix. I said not that we had done this regularly it did not fix the phone, got told take to my virgin centre and they would send my phone away and provide me with a replacement phone in the interim. The staff at the store were less than helpful. The young lady took the battery out and said look it's working', I explained did not want to have to keep taking battery out every time my phone did not want to work. She replied not my problem and would not give me a replacement phone. All this time Virgin has been happily taking my monthly fee. Finally I called not a happy customer and demanded to speak to a supervisor to try and get this resolved. Again they wanted to re boot my phone!!! I am so fed up being told to do this to my phone. This was the solution offered to me. I Could either drive to my nearest Samsung centre and see if they could fix the phone, all this at my expense. or they would send a prepaid bag and I could send the phone away, in the mean time I could go out and buy a phone for $100 and they would credit me this amount over my next 3 bills. But I have to come up with $100, and finally they agreed to not charge me for one bill. I received my package and made sure to read the instructions clearly first surprise surprise I had to fill in details and give my credit card number and had to pay $45.00 fee just to get my phone looked at, and wether it was fixed or not I had to pay the cost to have my phone returned to me. I f I did not give my credit card details then they would not fix my phone. For me the only solution I will now except is either a NEW replacement phone or my contract cancelled so that I can go to a company that will give me equipment that is not faulty and will give me service and not treatment as an idiot. I feel that I have been paying for a phone that I( have not been able to get full service and I feel that virgin have been receiving money when they are not entitled to as there goods are faulty.

• Ju
    Jukure Nov 25, 2012

I have a Virgin Mobile pre paid account I use for business. I have had brochures and other promotional materials printed with the phone number [protected] on them. Every time I make a call someone else’s name appears in the caller ID. I am losing customers because they do not know who is calling or why. I have tried to get this resolved for over 8 weeks. The customer service is terrible and non-responsive. I recommend that this company be prohibited from doing business in the US. It has to be the worst phone company around and sho7uld not be granted an FCC license to operate.

• Jr
    JR45 Nov 16, 2012

I wanted a plan for roaming in the US
    Complaint 1
    I was sold a virgin mobile SIM card, they installed it in my phone, activated successfully the account.
    I bought a prepaid 1year plan. The phone never got connected. Apparently it is not compatible. So I had to buy a new phone from them.
    I believe that the account should not have been activated successfully, if my phone is not compatible.

Complaint #2
    after having bought the new phone, I was told everything is OK to go.
    Checking the rates on virginmobile.ca, it is indicated to call customer service to activate the roaming.
    I was told that roaming is not available on this phone/plan. and that I should switch to another plan.

I doublechecked at another virgin store where I was told that roaming is available on my plan/phone.

after a few hours with customer sevice, they refused to reimbursed me. (the company policy is : no refund).

• Sm
    smartass0112 Nov 09, 2012

I ordered a Kyocera Rise on 11/5/12 for $85.35 and it was to be at my address by 11/9/12. I looked up tracking code with FedEx and it said it was shipped back to your company. When I ordered the phone, the woman on the line was in the Phillippines & I could not understand much of what she said and vice versa. I told her my address 5 times and she still got it wrong. I called back the next day to make sure she did my address right & she had not. She left out my lot #. I called today, 11/9/12 & they could not even find my order, then I was connected to five different people & just said f*** it, I want my money back. I live in the United States & I want to deal with someone in the United States when I am ordering anything. This company took jobs from Americans & took them to other countries where they do not know their head from their ### & you expect to make money from them? Don't count on it. I would not recommend your phone company to anyone because it is not ran in the United States where it should be.

• Tu
    tuna012345 Oct 29, 2012

On July 30th, 2012, I placed an order for a wireless phone through Virgin Mobile. in early August it was delivered through Canada Post. I immediately notified them that I did not wish to accept this delivery and that was that, it was sent back to the sender, Virgin Mobile.

Now almost three months later, after no communication whatsoever, they are charging me for a phone that I did not accept nor use. I shouldn't be responsible for something that was refused on delivery.

• Go
    Gorbuned Apr 18, 2012

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for over 3 years and up until recently I have been happy to say I was a VM customer until my Alcatel VM800 failed to work as I couldn’t hear anything in the ear piece. The only way I could hear the caller was to put the phone on loudspeaker. I decided to get an upgrade using my benefits I had accrued over the past 3 years and I received my first VM820 phone within days of placing my order. I called 3 people on different phone numbers whilst I was in 3 different locations during the first day of receipt of my new phone.

During each of the 3 calls I found that there was a constant buzzing sound in the background of the call. I rang VM customer services 3 times, each time I would be put on hold waiting for the tech team only to be cut off. On the third attempt I finally got through to the team only to be told that the deparment was closed and someone would ring me the next day.

I received a call the next day, but due to being at work I was unable to talk, so was told that they would ring me at 5.30pm that evening. 6.15 came and I still had not recieved a call, so I rang them, only to be put on hold yet again. I finally got a call at 6.30pm and it was suggested I used the phone again with the headset – the buzzing disappeared. It was decided by the tech team that the phone was faulty and a replacement phone would be sent and swapped out with the faulty one.

The replacement arrived the next day and after testing it I found the second phone had the same problem, so a few more calls later to VM customer services, I finally got to speak to the tech team again, who after re-setting the default settings they decided it was probably my sim creating the problem. 4 days later without a mobile phone I finally received my new sim today only to find the phone still had the same problem. I rang VM customer services and after waiting 20 minutes to speak to someone in the tech team the call was disconnected.

I rang a second time and after waiting 45 minutes plus to speak to someone in the tech time. I finally got through only to be told the department was now closing and they would call me again tomorrow. This was the final straw and I have now decided that I no longer wish to be a customer of such a shabby unprofessional company. How on earth can Richard Branson put his name to such a horrendous unproffessional company I do not know!!! Anyone thinking of becoming a VM customer, think again.

• Na
    nazeem93 Mar 22, 2012

i am using virgin since 5 months ..no proper internet connection.. it takes 30 minutes to connect after retrying.. and the customer care services cant solve this problem.. i hav complaint about it 30+ times.. still they can't solve the problem that we are facing.. its frigging ridiculous.. it sucks.. i kindly request u to find a better solution for it as soon as possible.. mob :- +[protected]
    place Baindoor
    kundapur Tq..
    pin code :- 576 214

• Ne
    Nettielee Feb 14, 2012

Called Virgin Mobile customer service in advance to make sure that my phone and phone number would transfer to new Virgin Mobile Prepaid service. The customer service agent told me it would, and that I only needed to buy minutes and a Virgin Mobile sim card. I bought $100 in minutes and the sim card and was NOT able to hook it up. My phone wasn't compatible.

I may need to buy a new phone but it will not be with Virgin Mobile. It is quite possible I will spend the rest of the evening submitting this complaint online.

• Bl
    Blako Jan 13, 2012

I am an 8-year customer of Virgin Mobile with a prepaid no contract calling plan. I setup an automatic top-up payment option whenever balance falls below $5 or once every 90 days by using a credit card. In June 2010 I occasionally checked my account and found there was a $9.99 fraud charge with a code of “XTRAS”. I contacted customer service, they refunded me as air time and promised to block further charge by this code. Now, in December 2010, I checked my account again and found there was the same charge on the same day in November and December. Since the account history only can track 60 days record, I don’t know how much money had been charged by this fraud charge. I have been treating Virgin Mobile as a bank, thought my money in its account should be safe. Now, I know my money in Virgin Mobile account is not safe, I request closing my account and refunding me the current balance. Unfortunately, Virgin Mobile declined to refund my full balance, I had to donate the rest of my balance to Virgin Mobile and close my account immediately. I wonder how long Virgin Mobile can survive if it cannot protect its customers from frauds.

• Cu
    cuzimcute Jan 10, 2012

Fully agree, Richard Branson really needs to check his companies performances regularly. No more Virgin of any kind, is my answer Mr. Branson.

mary vaughan Jan 06, 2012

my internet connection keeps disconnecting