Village Inn Restaurantsmanagement/employee relations

O Review updated:

On 5/28/2016
As my wife and I arrived at the Village Inn in Pace, Florida, around 7:30 a.m. on May 28, we observed a young man having a slightly heated discussion with a woman we guessed by her manner of dress to be the restaurant manager. it was impossible to avoid hearing him accusing her of not keeping the books in the manner he had told her to and her reply that she was doing it the way she had understood him to mean. The discussion continued as we walked past them toward the entrance door. This display and manner of addressing an employee problem left my wife and me feeling uneasy and embarrassed for the employee who was being dressed down publicly at the front walkway into the restaurant.
Later, as we waited for our meal, my wife went to the ladies room. When she returned she pointed out a waitress who was trying to wipe the tears from her face. My wife told me that while in the ladies room the same woman who was being dressed down in front of the store had a discussion with that server about transferring her to the V.I. at Cordova Mall in Pensacola. The server was unhappy about the move, and the manager explained that she was chosen because of her "tech savvy."
When my wife exited the stall, the manager explained that she was having a private discussion with the server about training. It is not a private discussion when it is done in the public rest room and there is a customer present!
As a prior manager myself, I was trained that you never deal with individual employee issues in front of other employees and never ever is it done in public!
As we were leaving, I asked for the young man's name. I was told his name is Cris Titze, and I was also told he is the owner's son. Regardless of his position, someone from corporate needs to contact him and do some serious employee relations and customer training with both this gentleman and the staff.
Surely some consideration should be given to finding an appropriate time and private place for such store-related meetings and discussions. Customers should never need to be privy to staff problems, disagreements, or gossip when they come for a relaxing meal.

•   May 31, 2016

Simply put, this was none of your business, and if it bothered you that much, you could have left. Customers should mind their own affairs when dining out. Had you and your wife been the ones with the issues you would be saying that the employees should mind their business.

• L
      Aug 02, 2016

I want to Village Inn with my boyfriend we heard from the kitchen a lot of yelling and cussing after we ordered our food I ordered the BLT sunny side up I ended up getting food poisoning I'm still going through it it's almost been 24 hours.. I'm sorry but I will never get out of Village Inn ever again and I will let people know about my experience.
    10293 Big Bend Rd, Riverview, FL 33579

•   Aug 03, 2016

Ladymask, yelling and cussing does not make your food spoil. Perhaps you would like some information on food poisoning.