Villa Del Palmar Flamingos, Nuevo VallartaDeceptive selling practices

A

On April 2015 as I was vacationing to Villa Del Mar in Pueto Vallarta, I attended a timeshare presentation at Villa Del Mar Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta.

I was told I could use my Maine timeshare as part of my down payment for the Nuevo Vallarta property. After a “free” breakfast and countless mimosas, I was swayed into doing just that. Since the value of the exchange was not enough, I was convinced me to put the rest of the down payment by taking an Interval International Bank of America credit card for the sum of $ 3, 957.50.
I was given directions on how to proceed to get my timeshare in Maine transferred to them by going through their transfer company called Value Traders on May 14, 2015 at the tune of $ 695.00 transfer fee. I was given all the forms including a Power of Attorney to make the transfer.
Unfortunately I discovered all this is a big scam. The Power of Attorney allows this company to say they are taking over the property, but they try to get out of paying the maintenance fee for the property. As a result I went back and forth for months between my timeshare company in Maine and Value Traders trying to figure out how my timeshare in Maine could be transferred using the Maine timeshare process. I told Value Traders what the problem was and I asked them repeatedly to get in touch with my timeshare company in Maine to see what could be done. Value Traders NEVER attempted to get in touch with them and they hounded me with their process request which did not match my Maine company process. It was getting very clear to me that’s what they do; getting out of paying maintenance fees for timeshare they“buy” or “trade”.
During those months I was paying my Bank of America Interval International card until it became very clear that this transfer would not happen. After 9 months of paying, I stopped paying my Bank of America credit card bill after several months of trying to resolve the matter.
I called Bank of America several times to explain and I was told it was too late. This has a time limitation to complain. I sent a whole bunch of documentation; including all my emails to prove what I was saying; to no avail.

I complained to Value Traders over and over to get reimbursed for my transfer fee. I did not get anywhere until I told them that I knew I probably would never get my $ 695.00 back, but I would make my life goal to write about my experience to warn future customers of what happened. I guess that did it and it proves it is a scam. They offered to reimburse my fee in exchange for a letter promising I would not talk about my experience on any website. I did write the letter and received my refund.
I wrote to UVC International located in Las Vegas location in early August 2016, but to this day have not received an answer. I sent them another email recently asking to mediate this before I try to sue them in small claim court.
My credit score was excellent and it has been downgraded as a result.
Don't buy from them. They lie!