Menu

reviews & complaints

Viejas Casino & Resort Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
9 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Viejas Casino & Resort at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Viejas Casino & Resort has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Viejas Casino & Resort. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Viejas Casino & Resort complaints 9

Sort by:

Newest Viejas Casino & Resort reviews & complaints

A

Viejas Casino & Resort Their air quality in the casino is terrible

Their air quality in the casino is terrible. My allergies got so bad in there, I had to leave the casino because of nose bleeds. I have written them about it and they just ignore the situation. The customer service is just as bad. You write a company to tell them about issues and they do not respond, which just proves they couldn't care less about their guests. I stayed in their hotel and had to leave early because of this situation.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort Viejas resort and casino in Alpine area, the head manager refused/taken the money from me

Viejas resort and casino in Alpine area, the head manager refused/taken the money from me. I was playing a slot machine with my girlfriend for our anniversary, and as we hit the middle jackpot, the machine froze and stopped working. We had to call assistance over, and they said they couldn't do anything. The only thing I could do was file a complaint with the players committee. I asked for the paper four different times but never received it. I was told I would be given it in the end. Viejas security *** and *** tried to rip my phone out of my hands, causing damage. I had video evidence, and they also tried to pull my girlfriend away into an office to talk to her alone without me.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort On 07/03, while I was in the bathroom stall, something sticking out of the stall panel scraped my arm

On 07/03, while I was in the bathroom stall, something sticking out of the stall panel scraped my arm. At that time, there was a maid in the restroom who witnessed it. She asked if I needed a bandage, but I declined. However, after I left the restroom, I approached a security guard and informed him about the incident. Instead of taking my name, he simply gave me a bandage and walked away. That was the end of it.

On 07/15, I visited Viejas again and, upon leaving the same restroom stall, my arm was scraped again in the same spot. I am requesting compensation for the unnecessary scare that I now have because of them. I also want to bring this problem to their attention before it potentially worsens for someone else. I am asking for $10000 before I am forced to find an attorney for this matter. I enjoy the casino, but I don't appreciate getting scratched every time I have to use the restroom.

Hide full review

Is Viejas Casino & Resort legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Viejas Casino & Resort as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Viejas Casino & Resort stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Viejas Casino & Resort should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Viejas Casino & Resort earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Viejas Casino & Resort achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Viejas Casino & Resort. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Viejas Casino & Resort has claimed the domain name for viejas.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Viejas.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Viejas Casino & Resort website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Viejas.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

According to our analysis, Viejas Casino & Resort appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Viejas Casino & Resort has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 9 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Viejas Casino & Resort protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • While Viejas Casino & Resort offers various gambling services, it's important to be aware of the potential risks and consequences of excessive gambling. If you feel that you may have a gambling problem, seek professional help immediately.
K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort Me and my wife went to Viejas Casino & Resort to play bingo on 8/4

Me and my wife went to Viejas Casino & Resort to play bingo on 8/4. We went to the counter and bought 2 packages to play. They charged us for the cards and the daubers, which was fine. But then, a few days later, we checked our credit card statement and saw that they also charged us $20 as a "cash advance fee." That's more than 30% of what we paid! The thing is, we never got any cash from them. They didn't even tell us that it was gonna be a cash advance, they just treated it like a regular charge for stuff. We called our credit card company ***, but they said they couldn't help because the casino labeled it as a cash advance, even though we didn't get any cash. This seems sneaky to me, and it puts customers at risk if the merchant can just call something a cash advance without telling us beforehand.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort I've been a frequent, loyal, and financially supportive customer of Viejas Casino & Resort for the last 5 years

I've been a frequent, loyal, and financially supportive customer of Viejas Casino & Resort for the last 5 years. I've witnessed the professional staff before state lockdowns, experienced collective frustration forced on us during the unorganized remodeling process, and suffered the negative experimental COVID practices which made them the number one superspreader business. Overall, Viejas' biggest failure has been the pointless, insulting, and disappointing efforts poorly disguised as them reimagining a positive customer's experience. Before COVID, I noticed many problems affecting the small, local casino aspiring to become a high-end Vegas-style establishment. Sadly, what's painfully lacking is a customer retention strategy and no accountability for broken promises. There was a severe dishonest representation of our expectations which cost Platinum members a fortune. Most of us have left permanently because we feel cheated after all the earned rewards and privileges were taken from us without an apology.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort Me and my hubby go to the resort every week or every other week

Me and my hubby go to the resort every week or every other week. I get free hotel offers during the week, but I tried to use them twice and they said they were all booked. I get that it won't always be available, but on 5/27/22, I went to the hotel desk to ask if I could use my free room offer after we spent over $1500 in one night. The hotel person told me all the rooms were booked and I couldn't use my offer. I asked if all the rooms were booked on a Thursday and she said yes. Then this other hotel person named *** started laughing and making fun of me. She was so rude! I asked to talk to a manager because it's not right for a resort employee to laugh and make fun of me. A manager named *** came and listened to my complaint. He said sorry and offered to see if he could give me a free room. I didn't want anything for free, though. I was just complaining because the employee was being mean and making fun of me when she wasn't even helping me. I want to be really clear, the way the Viejas hotel employee (***) acted was disrespectful and kinda racist. It's really disappointing that the casino hires and keeps employees who treat their customers like they're trash. It shows that the resort doesn't care about customer service or keeping customers. My hubby and I will never go back to your casino! I'm gonna tell all my family and friends about how we were treated and make sure none of them give the Casino any of their money either.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort Viejas casino let someone use my voided and invalid **** cards for 36k plus

Viejas casino let someone use my voided and invalid *** cards for 36k plus. All the cards weren't signed and stripped of their signature line so the letters void were written. I did this to protect my cards while going through cancer treatment and was seeing some things I didn't recognize show up on my credit card. According to *** regulation 1.4.3.4, a *** card needs to be signed to be valid. The bank is saying that because the chip was used for the transaction, it has to be valid. I tested this by going to the same casino, giving them a new, non-signed card, a friend's ID, and signing for the transaction with a NO. I was able to walk away with 1k in cash. This is obvious negligence and this negligence and obvious disregard to their agreement with *** has cost me over $36,000 dollars. They said it had to be me because they show I lost 36k on my players card in 3 weeks. This isn't something I would do, but I've been losing days due to treatments. My fianc hasn't reported me leaving the house. I think there's some kind of fraud and at the very least very little protection for consumers when it comes to identifying someone taking out large sums of money. If it were me, I would have expected a casino representative to notice the state I must have been in and take me out of the situation. This lack of controls has left me broke at a time when I need money the most for treatment and U.S. Bank won't investigate and Viejas ignores their need to be careful when transacting on a consumer's credit card. If the card is invalid, it shouldn't be taken not only because of regulations, but because it's invalid for a reason. The consumer is trying to protect themselves.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Viejas Casino & Resort I just wanna say, I ain't got no problem with losing, long as it's fair, ya know?

I just wanna say, I ain't got no problem with losing, long as it's fair, ya know? So, I been goin' to this casino for the past month, just to chill and maybe play them low bet slot machines. They got ones that go as low as a penny or five cents, but the highest is a whole dollar. Now, here's the thing, I think Viejas casino was messin' with me on purpose, tryna make me lose. I swear, I got cheated outta over $500 on this slot machine called Double Diamond. I ain't been playin' for long, but I thought I'd give it a shot and play with the small change, like a penny or two cents. And let me tell ya, I feel so violated, disrespected, and cheated, it ain't even funny.

When I first started playin' this machine, I was just lookin' to kill some time, so I bet real low. But I ended up playin' for like five hours or more on a couple of visits. And let me tell ya, Viejas got it all recorded and documented, 'cause they got them fancy video cameras and I signed in on them machines with my initials and all. Now, here's the kicker. On my last few visits, I started winnin', but not a whole lot. I figured it was 'cause I spent so much time playin' and bettin' real low. So, I didn't wanna get too greedy and kept bettin' the minimum. I thought that was my best shot, even though it took forever and I only stuck to that one machine.

But then, on my third visit, somethin' fishy happened. Every time I started winnin', the machine would just stop in the middle of the game. And let me tell ya, people around me, even the staff, were sayin' that don't happen often. One lady even told me she never wins on that machine and thought I must know some secret bettin' technique. And honestly, I thought she was right. 'Cause like I said, I was only bettin' the minimum, but every now and then, I'd raise it just to mix things up 'cause bettin' the minimum only gets you less than a dollar. I got proof, check out the attachment.

So yeah, that's my experience at Viejas casino. I ain't too happy 'bout it, but hey, what can ya do?

Viejas Casino & Resort Viejas Casino be doin' some shady stuff, man

Viejas Casino be doin' some shady stuff, man. They be treatin' players real bad in a bunch of ways. Somebody with some sense and morals needs to go up in there and see what's really goin' on. I lost like $2800 or $3000 and when I asked for some free play, they straight up told me I only lost $75. They be lyin' right to my face, man. I know how much money I done spent.

And it ain't just that, man. There be some machines that don't even give you your winnings. I done told the managers about it and even had some other players who I don't even know watch and back me up. But the managers, they be tryin' to intimidate me and kick me out. They even open up the machines and say I'm lyin'. There's somethin' messed up with them machines, man.

Then there's these signs on the machines sayin' you gotta bet higher for bigger jackpots, but all you get is some weak bonuses if you do. It's all a big trick, man. They take them signs down. It ain't right.

I done lost a bunch of money, man. And I seen other players lose too and get nothin' back. That ain't cool at all.

And I think the casino be gettin' back at me 'cause I been complainin'. I walk around showin' the managers how them machines be all messed up after 10 pm. The coin pots be lookin' the same, even though players be puttin' in different amounts of money. It's like they tryin' to hide somethin'.

This casino be deceivin' its players, man. They think they all big and powerful with their money, but they ain't playin' fair. I'm callin' on all y'all with some sense and morals to do somethin' about it. Send some undercover investigators in there, play them machines, and see for yourselves. Don't protect this place that's more like a den of thieves.

Overview of Viejas Casino & Resort customer experience

Viejas Casino & Resort, as reported by disgruntled consumers, has been plagued by numerous issues. Complaints range from poor customer service to subpar amenities, leaving visitors dissatisfied. Many have voiced concerns about the lack of cleanliness and maintenance in the resort, with rooms often being dirty and outdated. Additionally, guests have expressed frustration over the limited dining options and overpriced food and drinks. The casino itself has been criticized for its tight slot machines and low payouts, leaving players feeling cheated. Furthermore, the resort's management has been accused of being unresponsive to customer concerns and unhelpful in resolving issues. Overall, these negative experiences paint a bleak picture of Viejas Casino & Resort, making it a less desirable destination for those seeking an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Viejas Casino & Resort contacts