ViagogoI have been charged a huge fee unfairly

K

Hi
I advertised 4 tickets to the Europa league final being played 2 weeks ago here in Stockholm. My ticket listing sold after a few hours of it being active on the viagogo website, but then an hour later was coming another email to say they had been sold again. I tried to find a customer support contact number or email which was very difficult but did send them an email to inform them of their mistake. 3 or 4 days later I got a reply informing me that because I couldn't fulfill both the sales they would charge me a fee for which of course I was not happy about. After a lot more surfing on the net I finally found a contact phone number for which I called and they were telling me I had made 2 listings for 4 tickets on each which was simply not true. The girl then told me I would be charged £30 per ticket total £120. Not happy but there was nothing I could do or say that would change the situation. Then I have just received an email telling me that they have charged me £1450 not the £120 they had originally told me.
I would like to ask if this is a police matter as to me this is nothing short of Criminal and downright fraud?
Regards, Kevin

• Updated by Kevingreenock · Jun 07, 2017

Hi
    It's really nothing to do with my credit card company because the fee they charged me they deducted from my payout for the "1st" sale of my tickets, in effect I gave away my tickets for free.
    There's really nothing I can do except accept it, put it down to experience & warn others to stay away. I'm a believer in Karma so I just hope they get what's coming to them.
    If you still have tickets for sale on their site I would take it away & sell somewhere else & definitely never buy from them!
    Good luck

• Updated by Kevingreenock · Jun 08, 2017

Hopefully it sounds like you could just cancel your credit card & just not use viagogo for anything ever again and you should be just fine?
    Good luck

Matthew Steele1 Jun 12, 2017

i agree they need to be shutdown !!! and total investigation into their practices its just not on !!!

• Pa
    PatriciaWWW Jun 08, 2017

All complaints need to be dealt with swiftly and to a satisfactory conclusion. Viagogo is registered in Switzerland, I imagine they pay no tax. A worldwide investigation by the Governments, police and Interpol needs to be instigated. After that, Viagogo should be shut down and irate consumers given compensation.

• Ta
    tatsuneko Jun 07, 2017

I sold a ticket to a wrong event with the same name for £100. The ticket was purchased and immediately I contacted them saying I made a mistake. A day later the ticket was cancelled and I received an email saying "In this instance we will charge you the sum of £3084.00 from your future sales payments or the credit card that was given as a listing guarantee." I'm really lost as to what to do because I don't have such money. I contacted my credit card company they said they can raise a dispute but cannot block the charge.

• Hi
    Hizz Jun 07, 2017

Get your credit card company involved first, I'm planning on doing so as well. My tickets were selling until they said it has been cancelled as the event date was more than 3 months ago; the comment under the ticket is "Sorry! The event date for this sale took place more than 3 months ago – support on this order is no longer possible". The event date is in July (Wireless Festival) and there's literally no way in getting in contact with them which is quite frustrating, now the order has been cancelled I will probably get charged like how most of you guys have AND there is also no way to get in touch with the people who had ordered the ticket. Luckily I had made another sale so I managed to get his number and ring him, what's weird is that when I told him who was ringing he seemed confused and said "I am not buying a ticket, I'm selling one" - I'm guessing this problem relates to the people who have different names on their tickets? He said he will ring me later so I'm waiting on that however, this website is so dodgy and a lot of people have opened fraud investigations with their credit card companies, and if that hasn't worked, they've gone to the police, but please do ring your credit card company first. Is it okay if you can tell me what happens after you do everything? I'm asking this because I'm selling tickets and the same thing may happen to me as well. Good luck man, hopefully me too...