Having problems with Viabox?

Viabox reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 26, 2010. The latest review package forwarding service not as advertised - missing dhl carrier - customer support denys cooperation was posted on Jul 15, 2019. The latest complaint awful service was resolved on Mar 25, 2015. Viabox has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 31 reviews. Viabox has resolved 6 complaints.

Viabox Customer Service Contacts

1812 N Columbia Blvd, Gate C15
Portland, Oregon
Warehouse Location
2950 NW 29th Avenue, Portland, OR 97210

Viabox Complaints & Reviews

Viabox — scam

I sent 4 shipment was received and included in the My Account and I pay the shipping costs so far nothing I...

Viaddress — scammed by viaddress

I bought a gril and sent it to Viaddress but I didn´t know that they can not ship it to US and you are...

Viaddressbait and switch

Hello all,

I am from the netherlands. I decided to try viaddress as they advertised on they website that they are the most reasonable/cheapest shipping company when compared to others. I signed up, I even used their shipping estimate calculator so I could have an idea of what it would cost me to ship my items. Their advertised concierge service doesnt even work and thank god for that because i wouldnt want to ship anything else there.

Now, I shipping, 3 hair extensions, (afro ponytails) 2 pair of jeans, 6 pair of socks, and i think 1 lip gloss. I know that these items CAN NEVER weigh more than 7 pounds. According to their website it does and I am being charged $110USD to ship these few items i mentioned earlier. I sent a message to them, asking them why is there a significant difference with shipping than what was advertised and i also asked about the concierge service. this is what they told me

" Regarding our Shipping cost, the rates on our website has not been updated yet. The carriers has just increased their rates due to fuel charges, so we don't have any option but to follow them."
" At this time our Concierge Service is not available due to current improvements in the Concierge Department, however, you can still use Viaddress to forward any packages that you can purchase on your own from any US merchant."

It is no fault of mine, that they failed to update their shipping information. They bait me with their low rates and then switch in the end AFTER MY DAMN ITEMS are already at their stupid premises. In this sense, VIADRESS IS A BIG SCAM!!! They are scamming people and they are not the cheapest. Now, I would like to resolve this and be reminded that there is no way i am paying $110 to ship those few items. I will not do that. So i suggest that they let me ship to somehwere else in the usa then i will ask someone to ship them to holland for me.

bait and switch

• Ke
      keepitrealalwayss Jan 02, 2012

VIAddress has never delivered or even shipped my items.

1. As of today it has been 11 days since they received my payment and there is no indication that they have shipped my package. The status of my items in their Shipping Manager still shows "ShipNow!" and I receive almost daily emails asking me to pay for my items to be shipped. I PAID ELEVEN DAYS AGO!

2. 5 days ago I asked why my items were not shipped yet. I quickly got a reply blaming the delay on something I know not to be true. I then gave proof that their claim was not correct and asked when my package would be shipped. They have never responded again.

3. Misleading payment method:They only accept paypal for payment but their website shows Visa, Mastercard, and American Express logos. You don't find out until its time to pay that they will not accept credit cards.

4. Misleading shipping calculator: Their shipping calculator only calculates the cost of shipping by weight. However, they seem to always use the dimensions of the packages to charge a much higher shipping fee. Customers are unable to enter dimensions into the shipping calculator so they will almost always be mislead into believing that they will be charged a much lower cost than they actually will be charged.

• Mc
      mcustom Jan 05, 2011

I am living in İstanbul/Turkey and I have decided to use viaddress service for shopping from amazon.com at the end of November 2017. I ordered items on 22.11.2017 and according to the amazon.com all items arrived to the address provided by viaddress latest on 29.11.2017. Since this date I am trying to get my items from viaddress but could not. They already charged shipment cost to my credit card but still I am waiting for. Everyday I am sending them e-mails about my problem but could not get any proper information. So I do not recommend this site to anyone.

Viaddressviaddress scam, no response

Ordered an amazon item and shipped it to Viaddress, item arrived or 23/04/2011 and I paid for shipping to Viaddress to have it shipped to Singapore. Since 23/04/2011, there has been no action on Viaddress to send the package out.

MORE THAN 16 DAYS and still Viaddress is holding on to my package which has been fully paid for, and shipment charges have been paid to them.

What's worse, when I log in to the Viaddress website, my item is listed as "arrived", and I get a link asking me to PAY FOR SHIPMENT. This is RIDICULOUS, especially as I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR SHIPMENT 16 days ago.

If Viaddress is reading, this is customer Unit A930550

I am going to wait a few more days before writing them off as having unethical business practices and are A TOTAL SHAM WEBSITE OUT TO SCAM CUSTOMERS! Will file a CC chargeback and PayPal dispute to get my money back.

Viaddressviaddress.com scammed me!

My Viaddress Unit number is : A934685.That Unit gave me from my viaddress.com account to forward items to there.. There are 2 packages 1 of them Blackberry 9700 another one of Canon 50D. I got both of them from Ebay and forwarded that Viaddress.That items always arrived to there.Canon50D (UPS Tracking: 1z7y7e08a871044963), and Blackberry9700 (USPS Tracking:cx447774358ca).They asked to pay 234.96$ for shipping both items via FEDEX Economy @ Date:Mar 21, 2011.I always payed via Paypal same day.Paypal Decont Number : (Unique Transaction ID #2ND57251RK6290809).They are not answering my calls and my requests from websites. I am in Azerbaijan Republic and do not know what i have to do.Look like they scammed me.That both items total price is more than 1500$.Please help me about that.

Viaddressfake site

I have used viaddress.com for 1 month. They got the products but didnt forward to my country. They stole the products that I bought from amazon.com. I also paid them carriage fee. That money also owned by them. They are fake. Do not believe any positive comments. Do not believe dummy tracking numbers for provement about their service before. I think someone will revenge for all sufferers via sending a bomb to their address.

I could not understand how usa allows them, they stole like there is no rule. They are like terrorists.

Keep yourself away from viaddress.

• Ar
            Argh1123 Apr 07, 2011

I have tried to use Viaddress, have ordered several items to my virtual adress, with different couriers (also with USPS), and have comleted the full cicle with sending all my stuff to my normal address in Europe.
            I have read a lot of posts, and I am writing my own, to clarify some stuff.

The myths:
            - If the package doesn't have to be signed for and/or is coming with USPS, it won't arrive. FALSE, mine (several) arrived fine.
            - The service is a scam. FALSE, the do recieve my packages, and they have forwarded them to my real address.

The good:
            - Creating the virtual address is easy and fast.
            - The web UI looks fine and you can navigate it easily.

The bad:
            - It takes several days after the package has arrived for it to be shown as a received package. By tracking the packages I saw when they have been delivered and the showed up only a couple of days later.
            - You need to specify the items what the package you ordered contain before it arrives. This is okay, but, if you mispell (or leave out some characters from the name) the sender, when the package arrives the itemlist you prepared will not be added to the received package. This is bad, because you cannot specify the items when the package has been added as arrived.
            - Your package can only have up to 8 items. This is problematic in case you have more items, because you cannot specify their value, if you want them to send it or not, etc.
            - The site makes you believe that you can choose from several couriers to deliver your package to your real address, but in reality you can only choose FedEx.
            - You cannot reach anybody on phone.
            - You can try to use the online helpdesk, but they didn't resolve anything. For example I asked them to correct the number of items in a package, they wrote back that they forwarded my request to the shipping department, and then nothing happend. Any additional posts to the request went unanswered. I tried for 3 weeks, writing new posts, then gave up.
            - The web UI is slow and some of the forms look weird. When you have lots of items it a pain to use it, even though its layout is really simple.

Will I ever be using their service again? NO. Why? Because if anything goes wrong (package doesn't arrive or anything comes up that you can't resolve on the web page) you can basicly forget it, it won't be resolved, because you cannot reach them, and they are very slow to respond.

Will I use another similar service provider? Yes, and I'll even pay for it, because then hopefully you get a better service.

Hope this helps you guys, if you don't mind the long waiting and if you know that you can only acomplish as much as it is possible on the web UI, then give it a go, because its not a scam, but you have been warned! Unfortunately life is not that simple, so probably you'll end up banging your head into the wall ;)

Viaddressfraud

Hi everyone,
          I want to warn you: beware of using viaadress. It`s real scam! I ordered some items from usa company and it was shipped to viaaddress. I didn`t hear anything from them from moment when items were dispatched by fedex. After some days I wrote emails, I called by phone which they gave on their page www.viaaddress.com several times but silence. I found plenty negative reviews www.complaintsboard.com but it was too late. Do not register with them you`ll lose your money!

Viaddresscheats

I have registered viaddres.com since 27 August 2010. I used their service once, they send my orders without any problem and I decide to use their service. After that, I gave three orders from amazon; viaddress received my orders for me. However, this time they don't let my orders come to me. They don't response my letters, don't give me information; they just hold my orders and don't let it go. I started to hate their service; I send them letters but they don't give me information. I want people be aware of their completely bad service. I think they cheat me.

• De
                Debzz Nov 23, 2011

Deborah Zawadi, Jul-12 06:06 am (EDT):

Dear Sir/ Madam, the least you can do is at least reply
                I have really suffered with viaddress.com and I can never wish this to happen even to my enemies!
                For your information I ended up losing my item because "If the item is not in your suite any longer then that means that your 90 days of storing your items has passed. As per our Terms & Conditions you have 90 days to ship your items after 90 days we have the right to dispose of them."

D***** Zawadi, Jul-11 12:35 pm (EDT):

Kindly let me know how far you have gone as this is taking too long.
                D***** Zawadi, Jul-09 04:09 am (EDT):

Any news on shipping with DHL ?

• Mi
                Mikhail Efremov Jan 04, 2011

The same problem with me. Once I have used VIAddress it was OK! But then I have payed 3 orders in December 13-30, 2010 service stopped work! Smb from VIAddress informed me that VIAddress had changed it`s location and for this reason all shippmens were delayed, and after that news the staff of VIAddress started to play a bad E-mail games. INside VIAddress site there is forum of VIAddress clients and inside of that forum you don`t find a good reference. Among them demands to investigate activity of VIAddress` staff, appeals to Elkhart local police and so on... And the reason is only one - non amerikan style of management. I don`t know who is director of VIAddress you do not find this information in VIAddress site. May be it is top secret, otherwise people will know it`s a hero!!!

Viaddress — dishonest and unfair shipping charges

Viaddressavoid them

I was foolish enough to believe the dozens of positive reviews which Viaddress has, and chose them as a forwarding service for some purchases I made last month.

1. When I received the bill for the items to be shipped from the US to Malaysia, I noticed that the dimensions they had quoted of a bag I ordered far exceeded its original description, so on July 14th, I sent them a message via their 'live chat' (which isn't very 'live' since they always reply two days later, if at all), asking why their description of the bag was so large. (Shipment costs are based on dimensional weight, so larger things are more expensive to ship, regardless of how light they are).

2. I received an email from one Jason Haas, Shipping Manager, on July 16th, explaining that the measurements they quoted were based on the box the items were shipped in, which was 22 x 19 x 10 inches.

3. I then paid the shipping costs based on the measurements they gave, thinking that they would be using the same box to deliver.

4. When I received my parcel via Fedex on Aug 2 (Malaysian time), guess what, the box in which my items were shipped measured only 18 x 12 x 3 inches, much smaller than the dimensions which Viaddress had quoted me. Why, therefore, was I charged for delivery in a much larger box?

5. I sent Jason Haas an email that same day, asking him why I had been charged based on the larger box, if the items had in actual fact been packed in a smaller box. Note that they had charged me based on a total dimensional weight of 39 lbs, while the 18x12x 3box would only add up to 5lbs, which would reduce the shipping costs considerably.

6. This is an extract of my email:

Dear Jason, My package has arrived via FedEx and I see that I was charged for shipping based on the box the items were shipped in from the vendors (based on what you wrote in your email dated July 16, which is 22 x 19 x 10) and not the dimensions of the box which Viaddress used (based on the box itself, which is the FedEx 'Large Box' measuring: 18 x 12 x 3).

Is this a normal thing? For customers to be billed not on the box Viaddress uses to ship the things to us, but instead based on the box in which Viaddress receives the things?

I'm a bit confused. If I'm requesting for items to be delivered from Viaddress to me, shouldn't I be charged based on the onward delivery from Viaddress to myself, since shipping from both amazon.com and ebags.com were already free?

Could I get an explanation on how the system works? Viaddress appears to have many happy customers but I would be grateful if you could get back to me soon and be clear on how your shipping charges are based, because it appears that I need not have paid you so much for shipping.

7. There was no email from Jason Haas and honestly speaking I'm not sure if he even exists.

8. Finally on Aug 4 (Malaysian time), I receive an email from one 'Kelly Snow', Account Manager, whose brief email read: 'Hello,

Sometimes we will have to change the box in which your item was originally packaged because of a safety issue.'

9. So much for customer service! There was no attempt at all by 'Kelly Snow' or anyone from Viaddress to reply to my questions or to even explain why I was conned into paying for shipping based on a box which they DIDN'T use.

10. A few minutes after receiving that email, I sent another one asking why, if the box had to be changed, was I charged based on the measurements of the original box, and not the box in which my things were eventually shipped.

11. I expect they will only reply to this in two days' time as is their normal practice.

Anis10 Jun 14, 2011

Dear estellehop,

I am so sorry about what happened. I suppose the only thing what we can do now is to basically inform others what Viaddress is doing so that they won't have to go through the same thing.

• Es
                  estellehop Jun 14, 2011

I also ordered from amazon.com using a VIADDRESS - WHAT A LOAD OF CHEATS!
                  My package consisted of 3 items for the total of $71
                  I ordered and it was delivered very quickly form amazon to viaddress
                  However!
                  When I had to ship it to south africa - my shipping costs were $252!!!
                  More than double of what i could have paid for the exact same items in my own country!
                  They are all a lot of fraudsters, making big bucks out of suckers like us.
                  We are so scammed! If we dont ship it, they sit with our PAID FOR items, to do whatever they wish to do with!
                  STAY AWAY FROM VIADDRESS!!!

Anis10 Aug 07, 2010

This was a complaint I filed on another consumer website a few days earlier, but copied and pasted here by username Marlo. A slightly updated version is on Viaddress — dishonest and unfair shipping charges, posted about half an hour ago.

Viaddress — unethical business practices

Viaddress has been engaging in very unethical and unprofessional behavior. I first became aware of this when...